• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Yeah, Im open to having people, but just think it would be more fun to do that in RP rather than prior to the RP in backstory. One thing i may need to get cleared up lore wise however if someone can help, How do Devils get those chess pieces to give out? and how does the Human Ressurection thing actually work....just trying to wrap my head around it.

Should try and watch the Anime/Read Manga but kind of had alot to get through so its not come up on the list yet.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Essentially the Evil Piece system was introduced by Ajuka Beelzebub and was intended as a means of boosting the devil population after the great war between Angels, Fallen Angels and Devils. Each race have their own issues with reproduction and in the devils case a lot of pure blooded lines were lost. Old Satan Faction (antagonist in the series) were against this, however several lines adopted it due to the necessity to preserve their dwindling numbers. The Evil Pieces are a tool used to reincarnate races (primarily but not limited to humans) into devils, the vast majority being classed as 'Low Class devil'.

Each Low class devil has the opportunity to progress up the ranks to middle class/high class etc through their achievements and accomplishments, many of which come from the 'Rating Game'. A sporting event that came about due to the introduction of the Evil Piece system. The Rating game is essentially 'like chess' where two Kings have their peerages fight one another until one King submits. You can have a maximum of 15 pieces, representing the 8 pawns, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops and Queen, with the King obviously being the King piece. Each piece has their own unique ability that represents their piece on a chess board, i.e. Pawns being able to promote to any of the other pieces excluding king. While a maximum of 15 is possible, it is not always the case. Either a king has not acquired a full set (1 piece per servant) or they have used Multiple pieces for a single servant. The protagonist of the series required 8 pawn pieces, so that particular peerage at max capacity was 1 Pawn (8 pieces used), 2 rooks/knights/bishop, 1 queen. You can only have 15 pieces and if you use all 8pawn pieces on a single resurrection you cant get 7 more pieces to make a set of 15. The exception to this is a Mutated Piece that can cover the requirement of several pieces. So 1 mutation pawn piece could act as 8 normal pawn pieces.

In the series, Kings can also trade their pieces with other Kings. Generally speaking, it would most likely have to be 'like for like', but if a king is missing a certain piece they could do the change. You just can't trade for a piece you are already maxed out on. So no 2 queens etc.

Evil Pieces are generally only handed out to Pure blooded High class devils with a few exceptions. Its not explicitly stated if they have to do anything else to get it, so I assume its more like a right of passage for Pure Blooded Devils who are often born with high expectations already. Obviously, a king can opt out of making a peerage by simply refusing to recruit/resurrect members into their clan, but I think they will still be given the pieces as a kind of 'right of passage' thing.

Reincarnated devils can eventually become kings as well and get their own pieces, so someone from your peerage may one day become their own King and have their own servants. If I am not mistaken, a Reincarnated devil that ascends to the position of King of his own peerage can still be a member of another peerage.

Resurrections is a simple ritual where the body is in a magic circle, an incantation is said and the piece is 'magically' imbued into the body. I think.

Hmm ok so Medai would have the pieces just not have used them then since they don't have the same interest in officially ranking up to be classified as higher status, more only interested for there own self-improvement which im guessing does go against some Devils who seem to want to be seen as the strongest by others?. Just making sure there's nothing obvious im missing that wouldn't make sense. Guess TLDR is a Devil with a more Zen/Laidback approach to the entire ordeal.

For a King, they'd already be classed as a High Rank Devil otherwise they would not be entitled to receiving the pieces. The only ranks that would generally change or be of any effect to them would be the ranks in the Rating Game. Like a sport, most kings would participate in order to be at the top, thus showing off the strength of their family/clan. Rating games in the anime have also been used for political reasons.

The only increase in rank for a 'King' would come about from their own individual strength I would assume, since generally Devils are a race that seem to highly value power over everything else. So she could still rise in rank even without a peerage or with a weak peerage, for example the King being more tactical and controlling their pieces more effectively than the other king despite being physically weaker. That being said, there is also value in making a peerage not to compete but rather to just make a kind of 'family' setting. Each member of the peerage is essentially a Servant to the king and would have to abide by the kings command or risk being classified as a rogue devil which is liable to being culled/purged by other devils.

From what I have seen in the anime, the vast majority of devils are highly absorbed by the idea that Greater Power = A greater right to rule, yet there are families who go against this stereotype. Sairoarg from the Bael Family has no magical power and is looked down upon, despite being insanely strong physically. Sirzechs Lucifer seems focused on the prosperity of all devils rather then ruling with an iron fist.

So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Medai to be en/Laidback. However there would probably be a few devils that would frown upon some of the decisions Medai makes and challenge them/Mock them. Primarily those who still hold some of the 'Old Satan faction' beliefs.

Sounds like a fun dynamic, also the weird part that has people question/be confused/frown upon them would be the fact they wear Angelic Silver (Not sure if that's an actual thing in the show, was pretty much like holy cross/blessed metal idea) and are not screaming out in pain. Thought it would be a fun idea to have them actually address their weaknesses head on to overcome them, hence the Holy items they carried.

Yeah, holy items would cause them immense discomfort. The MC could only hold a cross after sacrificing his left arm and making that part of himself 'non devil'. Holy Water is painful. However sunlight is fine on the devils.

Yeah hence a few nicknames I had for them, there the type to go "I dont like Strawberry Icecream....Im going to eat it until i like it" for overcoming a weakness.

Wasn't there something about Angel's and Devil's being restricted to Day and Night for their respective contracts of any kind?

Is that a traditional restriction the Day and Night thing? Also could you expand on Contracts?

Sunlight apparently only affects Low-class devils

From Wiki:
A common weakness for all Devils is that they cannot go near/get involved with anything that has to do with the Biblical God, as they will suffer nasty side effects (headaches, immense pain, etc.), as seen when Issei couldn't go near the Church when he was talking to Asia, or when he tried to pray but only ended up collapsing from the pain soon after. They are vulnerable to holy objects such as crucifixes, holy water, and the Bible, and can get killed easily by Holy Swords and Sacred Gears with divine properties, such as Blade Blacksmith and the True Longinus (Asia's Twilight Healing, however, is a notable exception). These effects are caused by the system put in place by the Biblical God, which was being kept up by Michael and is now being kept up by Gabriel, and only she has the power to change the system.

They are also susceptible to light which significantly drains them of their energy once hit (in Volume 1, Issei comments that sunlight also appears to drain him of his energy, reducing him to normal human levels, at least at that time). Also, intense light, such as the light-based weapons used by Angels and Fallen Angels and the light swords used by exorcists, can severely wound, if not kill, a Devil. Devils with higher demonic power, however, can develop a certain degree of resistance to light.

Devils can also be infected with a cold that only Devils are susceptible to as seen when Issei and Saji came down with it, which made them unable to move. The Devil's face turns red and they gain a high temperature along with blurry vision.

Also in addition to Ranking for Devils:. (Only bit I can find about contracts also)
1605398656799.png

Contracts are kind of allegory to 'Deal With The Devil' thing, it increases lower ranked Devil's power and their status however slightly.

I think Fallen take part in the contract side of things rather than actual angels though.

Yeah the actual Ranking increase Medai not bothered/focused on IC, since Rank or Class=/=Strength just a trend from what i could gather. The part of what you said before about day/night contracts was something that i was confused about, So if you had a contract of something like "Transport these items from A to B" you would not be able to do it during the day? Is that like a law in the contract or just a tradition?.

Another question i had was relating a ability/skill she had that may or may not be needed, Namely suppressing their Demonic Power to the point it cant be sensed/can pass for human or just appear weaker...is that a thing?

To the latter, I think so, Serafall Leviathan appeared in Kuoh Academy without prior warning and no one realized until they saw her face to face.

I dont think contracts are limited to a time. I vaguely remember Issei and Rias doing a contract with the Samurai and Knight and it was during the day

Ah ok, was Nico.D's thing that made me think time of day was a thing.

Majority of them did, but I always thought that was because they were at school during the day ;x

Right so since Medai's been away for so long, would people likely not realise who they are until they hear the Surname?

Eh depends how the RP goes, i prefer to play most things by ear as opposed to preplanning specific interactions too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back