• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Healing Tears

IrisFae

Magic is in everyone, embrace it.
I have an RP idea I came up with a while ago, and wanted to see if anyone out there is interested in helping me make it a reality.

Premise
In a world where demons roam, hunters were created to keep them at bay. Although they once simply enforced, most now hunt even the innocent.

The knowledge and weapons are passed down through families like the _______s. They're a normal family with a less than normal occupation. One boy however showed his displeasure with the family business at young age. Exasperated with his attitude, his parents put a two part curse on him as incentive to grow out of what they considered to be his "rebellious stage". If he ever becomes friends with a demon he will turn into one himself (a sort of "if you like them so much why don't you be one" deal) and if he falling in love with one will cause him to become human again (so they'd never be able to be together).

One day his parents capture Shysta, a Holy Aqua Demon. This breed is a rare find due to the fact that they have been hunted to near extinction because of the powers they possess. They are one of the highest ranked demons in terms of physical ability, can manipulate water, and both their tears and blood have healing properties that many wish to obtain. After learning what she is, the hunters decide not to kill her immediately, but to instead keep and harvest from her. They chain her up on their property and designate their son as her general caretaker.

RULES
No cybering (if it comes to that, timeskip)
Violence/cursing allowed
Semi-literate to literate
Try to post at least once a week (if not possible, let me know in advance and I will do the same with you)
Feel free to manipulate any side characters I create or to throw your own in
Plot twists allowed
Character ages are flexible (I was thinking around 17, but this isn't set in stone)

PM me or post below if you're interested in playing the male role (please provide a simple character sheet with anything you believe is important. Ex: name, personality, short bio, etc)

Just to warn you, my intro post tends to be on the long side and as I've already written it for this story, I can garantee that it isn't an exception. Please don't be intimidated by it, I can tone it down in the following posts.

My Character
Name: Shysta Hampton
Species: Holy Aqua Demon
Abilities: Enhanced physical strengths and senses, water manipulation, healing abilities
Short Bio: She was separated from the rest of her family when she was ten during an attack by hunters. They set up a meeting spot before splitting up, and although she's certain they died, she has continued waiting for them there. She has had little to no contact with others (be them human or demon) since the attack in order to protect both herself and anyone else she may come to care about from the hunters. She was taught to live off the land at a young age and has used that knowledge to stay alive by herself.
Personality: She dislikes confrontation and refrains from unessasary violence, but will protect herself when needed. She is proud of her demon heritage and is curious by nature. She fears humans and what they are capable of doing to the things they don't understand, especially when they find incentive to do so. She's learned to be cautious around strangers but is a relatively good judge of character.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back