• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter (small group, set waaaay in the future)

What House would you want your character be in?

• Gryffindor

• Ravenclaw

• Hufflepuff

• Slytherin

Results are only viewable after voting.

JustJazzy

Old soul
Harry Potter, Dumbledore, Hermione Weasley - those people all have one thing in common, and that is that they have been dead for so that long the only place they exist is in textbooks and memory.

The world has changed drastically since their time. First, the divide between the muggle world and wizarding world was nearly eradicated in 2045 due to an influx in muggle-wizard children. However, with this intermingling came what pure-blood families had long feared would come to pass, a dilution of wizard-blood potent enough to nearly wipe out the 'superior' wizard race.

Although in this day and age it's hard to find anyone without even a droplet of wizard blood in them, to find a true wizard - someone capable of more feats then the common folk could dream of, someone strong enough to direct their power through one of those archaic 'wands' of old days past - that's a feat in itself.

It's not rare now too see people practicing what little bits of power they possess in public, from putting a glow to their hands, to floating a couple of feet off the ground. Magic is celebrated now as it has never has been before.

But as much as it is celebrated by muggles and purebloods alike, the two still exist in two entirely different worlds. The muggle world holds only people with a touch of magic (not potent enough to do much besides party tricks). And the wizarding world's doors are closed, holding and obscuring from sight the few wizards that remain.

Fortunately - or perhaps unfortunately enough for you, depending on your circumstances - you are one amongst the minority.

Whether you are a member of a pureblood family whose insistence upon keeping it in the blood has resulted in enough magic (and inbreeding) to last centuries, a muggle-born lucky enough to be born with gifts none around you understand, or someone with a different story entirely, you have received a letter of invitation to Hogwarts. The wizarding world's doors open, hopefully, to you.

This is a roleplay idea I proposed a while back, but real life caught up to me and rendered the full launching of this plot impossible. Fortunately, I have the time now! As I said before, this is just a loosely developed idea/interest check that will have more thought put into if it gets attention. It will likely be a small-group rp fitting the semi-detailed categorization, (please do ask if you feel that you don't understand the requirements of this!), so if you feel you can't meet this roleplays writing demands, it might be best to just pass on this one. This will mainly be character driven, so I'd also like an antagonist to either organically spring from the characters created or be plotted out before hand. If your interested in brainstorming with me or if you have questions, do dm me or let me know below!

Ooohh! There can never be enough Harry Potter roleplays in the world - colour me interested ^^

Question: the age of the main HP characters. I think they would still be alive in 2045. Just old.
This Rp's timeline is going to start quite a bit of time from 2045, so I can say with certainty that canon characters will be dead though their children will still be around and just a lot older. Let's say 2070.

thanks everyone for the interest! I would like to keep this group very small and it looks like we've got just about all the people we need!

For some questions for you guys, is anyone against starting first year? And there need to be very few muggle-born and half blood characters, so ler me know if your interested in either!

Starting at first year would allow for a lot of character development through out the character's years at Hogwarts, so yeah I'm game.

I do think that starting as first years would be a good choice, as like what sincerely_T said, it enables natural character development. Though it does bring up the question on what the pacing will be like if we'll be going up to 7th year.

As for characters though, I have to admit that I would be interested in playing as a muggle-born.

I agree, originally I hadn't factored in how long this could take. I personally don't mind a longer roleplay, but everyone is different.

a sort of side remedy for that - the structure of the rp would be arcs with little side tasks that start simple while they're young. These tasks would mostly be focusing on character development at the beginning before moving to plot and darker stuff (ex: potions project with 3 other characters, detention) and once accomplished or they start to get boring we would time skip!

a sort of side remedy for that - the structure of the rp would be arcs with little side tasks that start simple while they're young. These tasks would mostly be focusing on character development at the beginning before moving to plot and darker stuff (ex: potions project with 3 other characters, detention) and once accomplished or they start to get boring we would time skip!
Oh good..... so we focus on character development the first year or so then we get to the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back