• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gunslinger Arcana

Mayhem said:
@Spazzycat101 I'm just gonna barge in here and say I really like the idea of the wielders of a gun paying a "toll". After all when you think about it, there's GOTTA be a price to pay for all the power they are getting...a blowback or something.
They are hunted by the reverse arcana. Maybe the dealer bestows this power onto select people he believes will give him a good show and pits them against 22 reverse arcana hunters. What his actual end game would be I leave to creator of the thread.

Hmmmm, whaaaaaaaale.... I was thinking more like being unable eventually to use the power for good, maybe something focused more on the personal or mental side of things. Just a bunch of non-OP hunters (pardon the hyperbole) versus a bunch of OP quick-draw artists...

Although I do like the idea of a 'show.' Of course, it's the choice of the GM of the RP, but shtill. :3

Maybe a decent into madness? Conscious loss of humanity? That's bound to drive someone into a wall upon which a plot can be painted.

Or better yet... Perhaps they're more puppet-like. Of course they have basic free will, but eventually, whether they want to or not, the power draws them and their actions inexorably to bend them to the will of that guy who gave them the weapons in the first place. :3

Okay, now I'm descending into the super-complicated condemnation that so many fantasy animes have. xD

Spazzycat101 said:
Having read only the exposition ( :P ), I think I would consider joining in on this. Of course, I would find it more fun to add a tad bit more history or toll with becoming one of the wielders of the guns. I personally would do so by accelerating this far past the Civil-War era, way past. To the point of what is essentially modern times (perhaps a tad bit futuristic) and the 'legacy' of the legendary weaponry making them something sought by many, but as you said, impossible to find unless bestowed directly by that one guy.
Now ever better would be to have different generations of the guns. :3

It would be even more interesting, with more relic-like old things floating around while there are modernized versions of the weapons of power, further adding to the already-at-that-point-awesome history of them. It would also allow for more characters, if you so desired. Even cooler still would be for the guy who gives out the guns to be some kind of immortal entity or something, though it could also be something as simple as a father to son to son to son sort of dealio.

Perhaps, though, you have your heart set on enchanted wild-west shootouts, I'm not telling you what to do~ :3 Although, if you made an RP of your original idea, this would make for one hell of a sequel. Especially because, if the same or similar people join, they'd be more connected to the 'history.' Not only that, but it could also expand to those who prefer a more modern or futuristic setting.

Although, one thing to say, twenty-two players 'minimum' sounds like quite a lot. I myself would limit to a maximum of ten guns. Keep in mind also that there are bound to be those who want to play ordinary people that just get sewn up in the plot, too. :3 Just another thought~
I like your idea! If this one goes well enough, then I will definitely try and some sequel. I had an idea where the Dealer reappears throughout history, but the weapons always match the time period. I choose the current setting for two main reasons:

1) It's unique.

2) By putting everyone in a world where they wield power that's far beyond anyone else's abilities, it makes it a lot easier for corruption to take hold. In some characters cases, the Guns actually want that to happen.

I also don't plan on having a full set of 22 OCs(I'm actually surprised that I have this many so far) so the players will encounter Slingers that may not be so good. Thanks for your input, and I hope you join us! :)

BTW I will get the lore in today

Spazzycat101 said:
Hmmmm, whaaaaaaaale.... I was thinking more like being unable eventually to use the power for good, maybe something focused more on the personal or mental side of things. Just a bunch of non-OP hunters (pardon the hyperbole) versus a bunch of OP quick-draw artists...
Although I do like the idea of a 'show.' Of course, it's the choice of the GM of the RP, but shtill. :3

Maybe a decent into madness? Conscious loss of humanity? That's bound to drive someone into a wall upon which a plot can be painted.

Or better yet... Perhaps they're more puppet-like. Of course they have basic free will, but eventually, whether they want to or not, the power draws them and their actions inexorably to bend them to the will of that guy who gave them the weapons in the first place. :3

Okay, now I'm descending into the super-complicated condemnation that so many fantasy animes have. xD
I do enjoy seeing more personal conflict above just 'fight this thing to save X' but my idea of the reverse hunters is that they would embody everything the character detest about themselves and become a magnification of their faults. The reverse hunters would go out of their way to complicate the lives of the slingers. Often switching out giving players the oppurtunity to play both their slinger and their hunter.

But this would just serve as a means to show an over arcing plot while the characters interactions and actions go on. It also gives the slingers a common enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally...FINALLY got it done! The lore is up, and I will probably fine-tune it in the future. Click here to see it now.

Since we're all spouting ideas, I have a better one than what I had before. What if the Dealer shoves the existing Slingers into desperate situations in order to give them one of the Guns, because he wants to get rid of them for some reason. This could tie in to @DjangoRechained with the 'show' idea, or @Spazzycat101 with his emotional destruction or being controlled, or mebbe the Dealer could be secretly allied with some superpower that's slowly rising up with a plan to take over the world. The Slingers have to choose whether to go against or be with them, but in the end probably get drawn together as allies when, say, the government reveals that they want to kill the Slingers and take their guns.

Heck, it could be all of these! The Dealer decides he needs to be entertained, and so he shoves the to-be-Slingers into desperate situations so he has an excuse to give them a Gun. The Gun takes a toll on its wielder when they use its power (so just fighting with it--or, in Alexis's case, going from Gun to sword--would be harmless) and at the same time the wielder has to deal with mental problems cropping up which appear to be, say, part of the toll, or something. In order to get the show he wants, the Dealer allies with one of the world's rising superpowers and so the Slingers have to choose, blah-de-dah.. Then the Dealer is betrayed and killed so whatever Guns he may not have handed out now belong to said superpower, and so the Slingers get to defeat them because yay. If they don't, then it goes to the cliche 'using OP weapons for bad' but meh.

YAY for stuffing everything into one story!

I'm gonna go to sleep now. Good night, people!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back