• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gunslinger Arcana

DjangoRechained said:
Okay I'm thinking I want to go Magician. Here's my idea. A long barrel revolver that when fired allows the slinger to control the bullets as long as it is within range of his influence (So if the bullet travels to too far he is unable to manipulate it.) Any inanimate object hit by his bullets can suddenly appear in his hand at his beckon. When his bullets strike something he can make them be fired out of any surface struck by his bullet.
Everyone has really powerful abilities.. I might make mine be less limited when it comes to usage. :3

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]Everyone has really powerful abilities.. I might make mine be less limited when it comes to usage. :3

[/QUOTE]
The mimic ability is so useful though, haha. It's like why have one power when you can have all of them.

Mayhem said:
Ohh, I REALLY like the idea of striking a deal but I'm not sure I totally get how it works, can you explain a bit?.
I was thinking of a rifle, and since the Devil represents addiction, bondage and basically being tied to things I was thinking of maybe doing a connection with that an the heart...literally and methaporically. The user of the gun gets to see both the target heart (like literally...to get a good shot and stuff) AND it's desires (or something along the lines of that) or maybe add an element of manipulation or something...it's a work in progress.
So my idea would work like this: if the slinger who uses the Devil shoots a bandit in the head, nothing happens. But then the Slinger can say "don't tell your friends what happened" and the second the bandit opens his mouth to tell his leader he got his ass kicked, a hole in his head appears and he drops dead.

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]I think a more important question is what draws the 22 Guns together?

[/QUOTE]
Fate.

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]I think a more important question is what draws the 22 Guns together?

[/QUOTE]
"I got a cool gun, you got a cool gun, besties."

Hmm.. Mebbe It turns out that the Dealer is actually the bad guy and wanted someone to challenge him because he's bored as fuck. He'd be really powerful and require everyone to use their abilities together to defeat him because team work.

Gonna go to bed now. Night.

[QUOTE="Of the Red]Blargh, The Moon is really interesting ^_^ I just have to find how to put that into a gun

[/QUOTE]
>.>

Uuhhhhh.....

DjangoRechained said:
Okay I'm thinking I want to go Magician. Here's my idea. A long barrel revolver that when fired allows the slinger to control the bullets as long as it is within range of his influence (So if the bullet travels to too far he is unable to manipulate it.) Any inanimate object hit by his bullets can suddenly appear in his hand at his beckon. When his bullets strike something he can make them be fired out of any surface struck by his bullet.
I really like all of those ideas, however, I feel like if you put all three one Gun it makes it a bit overpowered.

DjangoRechained said:
How would you balance it then?
The problem that I have is that, the way your gun is designed, as long as somone is within range, you can kill them even if they are behind a brick wall. But then you also have your other power, which means that your gun can "steal" anything inanimate. I think you need to choose one of your powers and focus on that.

Sullivanity said:
The problem that I have is that, the way your gun is designed, as long as somone is within range, you can kill them even if they are behind a brick wall. But then you also have your other power, which means that your gun can "steal" anything inanimate. I think you need to choose one of your powers and focus on that.
Right, I understand. Upon further thought the bullet manipulation power is very overpowered. So I'm going to stick with the ability to summon anything hit by my bullets to my hand or have my bullets become the thing I summon.

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]Everyone has really powerful abilities.. I might make mine be less limited when it comes to usage. :3

[/QUOTE]
Btw, sudden thought but if you want a different power it could be that you can change shape into anyone you've shot or killed.

[QUOTE="Of the Red]Oh...um..I'm taking it you want that gun ?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I kinda already applied with it.

DjangoRechained said:
Btw, sudden thought but if you want a different power it could be that you can change shape into anyone you've shot or killed.
Nah, I like mimicking abilities :D

It can be really helpful when defensive, because if someone casts a shield ability or something (like in the FF games) then Alexis can replicate that over the party. Or, if someone does a really powerful move, she can copy that and cause twice as much damage.

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]Nah, I like mimicking abilities :D
It can be really helpful when defensive, because if someone casts a shield ability or something (like in the FF games) then Alexis can replicate that over the party. Or, if someone does a really powerful move, she can copy that and cause twice as much damage.

[/QUOTE]
Haha, I guess. I was just thinking I'd be really useful cause you could make people outlaws committing crimes in their image. Or just turn into a bear and maul your enemies. Plus the ability matches with the concept of change Death represents.

Having read only the exposition ( :P ), I think I would consider joining in on this. Of course, I would find it more fun to add a tad bit more history or toll with becoming one of the wielders of the guns. I personally would do so by accelerating this far past the Civil-War era, way past. To the point of what is essentially modern times (perhaps a tad bit futuristic) and the 'legacy' of the legendary weaponry making them something sought by many, but as you said, impossible to find unless bestowed directly by that one guy.

Now ever better would be to have different generations of the guns. :3

It would be even more interesting, with more relic-like old things floating around while there are modernized versions of the weapons of power, further adding to the already-at-that-point-awesome history of them. It would also allow for more characters, if you so desired. Even cooler still would be for the guy who gives out the guns to be some kind of immortal entity or something, though it could also be something as simple as a father to son to son to son sort of dealio.

Perhaps, though, you have your heart set on enchanted wild-west shootouts, I'm not telling you what to do~ :3 Although, if you made an RP of your original idea, this would make for one hell of a sequel. Especially because, if the same or similar people join, they'd be more connected to the 'history.' Not only that, but it could also expand to those who prefer a more modern or futuristic setting.

Although, one thing to say, twenty-two players 'minimum' sounds like quite a lot. I myself would limit to a maximum of ten guns. Keep in mind also that there are bound to be those who want to play ordinary people that just get sewn up in the plot, too. :3 Just another thought~

@Spazzycat101 I'm just gonna barge in here and say I really like the idea of the wielders of a gun paying a "toll". After all when you think about it, there's GOTTA be a price to pay for all the power they are getting...a blowback or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back