• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gunslinger Arcana

Sullivanity

Sophisticated Sea Dweller
Nobody knew where the Dealer came from, but after the war was over and the once "United" country was fragmented into various nation-states, he appeared. With him came the 22 Guns, each a representation of a card from the Major Arcana of the tarot, each enchanted with unusual accuracy and power, along with a unique ability. The Dealer only gives them to desperate souls for whatever reason. He's never their long enough for anyone to ask him. The Slingers (wielders of the guns) are always destined to do great things, good or bad, and their stories are always intertwined one way or another. So, I guess only one question remains: Do you have what it takes to be a Slinger?

This RP will take place in an alternate Post Civil War era America where the states simply formed their own independent nations rather than splitting into to separate factions. Players will be one of the Slingers mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Shay Wright]This is interesting, would definitely join up! :)

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]YESSSS COUNT ME IN!

[/QUOTE]
Nerdork said:
I'm interested.
I'm glad to see some interest! If 2 or 3 more people join, I'll make an official RP.

I am interested, however I don't really know what the cards from the Major Arcana of the tarot are.

This sounds freaking awesome, and honestly I'm a sucker and a nerd for anything tarot-related...I do have to admit I don't know a lot about the civil war in America...

TurtleGod said:
I am interested, however I don't really know what the cards from the Major Arcana of the tarot are.
Mayhem said:
This sounds freaking awesome, and honestly I'm a sucker and a nerd for anything tarot-related...I do have to admit I don't know a lot about the civil war in America...
Ammy said:
This sounds cool as hell. Color me interested.
Great! I'll start working on an official RP. Here is a link to a Wikipedia page about the major arcana.

For example, the Death gunslinger with an upright personality would have an easy time making/getting through change, and maybe their power could be changing their appearance or voice, but would be inwardly reluctant to move on and could get depressed easily from, say, a break-up or killing or the death of a comrade. The opposite would apply if they had a reverse personality; They would be reluctant to change and would probably be outwardly depressed, but their inner voice (which could be a split personality or a separate entity, maybe even their gun talking in their mind) would encourage change.

Trombone Geek] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22979-sullivanity/ said:
@Sullivanity[/URL] I just had an idea. I looked at the Major Arcana and found a better page that tells the interpretations. What if some (or all) of the characters had an inner voice (literally)? Major Arcana Tarot Card Meanings | Biddy Tarot
The character would either have the Upright or Reversed personality, and the opposite one would be the other side of them?
That's a good idea, and I especially like the concept of the gun "speaking" to it's owner. I'm all for it, if everyone else is ok with RPing a seperate personality.

Sure I'd be down to play with that idea. I have so many ideas.

Just a quick question about the character sheets. Is there any specific place you want us to say with Arcana the slinger represents?

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]Just a quick question about the character sheets. Is there any specific place you want us to say with Arcana the slinger represents?

[/QUOTE]
There should be a tab set aside for the gun.

[QUOTE="Trombone Geek]So the gun takes the name of the cards. Kewl. Kinda feel sorry for whoever chooses the Fool or Lovers xD

[/QUOTE]
*sounds of loud sweating*

I know it's not really my place as a GM, but if anyone is planning on using the Lovers, I had an idea where they are two pistols connected by an unbreakable chain. If you shot somthing with one pistol, the next shot from the other one would always hit the same place.

Sullivanity said:
I know it's not really my place as a GM, but if anyone is planning on using the Lovers, I had an idea where they are two pistols connected by an unbreakable chain. If you shot somthing with one pistol, the next shot from the other one would always hit the same place.
That is awesome :o

You could set traps so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back