• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Dream Dasher Ram
(With RedLight RedLight 's Doomguy)
"What's that sound...?" Dream Dasher's ears slowly picked up. It was a kind of music he had never heard before, all aggressive and mighty...It strongly clashed with his mojo. "Is this kind of music popular where you're from?" As he turned his head to face Doomguy, his eyes caught on the giant floating text. "...Mood? Is this guy in a bad mood? Maybe that's why he's not talking to me."

After getting Doomguy his bracelet, Dream Dasher brought him to a towering funhouse, which looked less like a structure, and more somebody had emptied out a child's junk drawer. "It's pretty easy to get lost in there, but you seem like the kind of guy who learns quickly, so...You know. Knock yourself out."

Sweetie Paw Lioness
(With Yamperzzz Yamperzzz 's Stratus)

"Those sound like wonderful ideas!" Sweetie Paw's eyes glittered like a sunset on a turbulent lake. "We could ask the confectionary animals to set up a contest! I just love cupcakes!" Why, just saying the word lathered her tongue in drool! Hopefully, that would be what Stratus wanted, as the pegasus finally touched the ground again.
Bubbly Hiccups Dragon
(With PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss 's Remila)
"Then we haven't a moment to waste! Come along!" Bubbly hiccuped a trail of bubbled for his new friend to follow, taking her smoothly out of the hotel. She would be brought to an enormous pool, shaped like a big heart, and currently occupied by hundreds of floaties.

Stratus sighed heavily as he hopped off the ride and headed towards the off-colored section of the park. He really did think this "Sweetie Paw" character was stupid, as he was sure that his questions would at least shut her up. Whatever, they were now heading there, and that's the most important thing. Everything here was a waste of his valuable time and he was disgusted by Lucid Land's bright, girly colors. Even a second spent here would be degrading to Stratus. He was excited to get back home.

During their walk, Stratus asked Sweetie Paw, "So, you have never seen that part of Lucid Land before? How long have you been here?"

P PopcornPie

The heavy metal music playing in the background, as unusual it might be, starts lowering in volume, fading out. The 'DOOM' title also fades slowly, before it completely disappears in thin air. Doomguy clenches his fists hardly, feeling disappointed as he thought that things are just about to get spicy. But the ovine just had to take his moment...

After Doom Slayer had gotten his bracelet from the stranger, he enters the funhouse which he was led to. He's lusting for a good and bloody fight. But before that, the Doom Marine has to look for weapons, armor... Or literally just anything else that can aid him in slaying demonic creatures—if there are even any in here. However, for now, Doomguy will use his bare hands. If he had slain Titans with them, then what stops him from slaying whatever the Hell is in this lousy place—a 'funhouse' as the ovine calls it. Doom Slayer cracks his knuckles. Heavy metal, once again, starts playing in the background.

(Or, I don't know... Just play this before you even start reading this post, to completely enjoy this fine music.)

It's time to rip and tear.

P PopcornPie

Dream Dasher Ram
"Yeah, you just...Go right ahead." Dream Dasher chuckled, as he was left in the dust. Then he decided to curl up on the nearest bench.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The funhouse was a hellscape, all right-A hellscape of bright colors. Random things were substituted by other, equally random objects. Ice cream cones served as lighting, a leather belt took up part of the molding, a bubble wand made up the body ot a coat hanger. It was like looking in a "What's Wrong With This Picture?" book. If Doomguy was to press on, however...

"RAAAAAARGH!"

...He would hear the familiar cry of demons! Just around the corner was his beloved hellscape!

RedLight RedLight

Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Oh! Sir! Wait!" The lioness galloped after her guest. "Okay, we are headed right for where we're not supposed to be..." Stratus refused to slow down, and it made her whimper. She became desperate to change the subject away from the off-color place.

"How long I...?...Gosh, I don't know. We animals just pop in all the time."

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

The heavy metal in the background continues...

Upon looking around, Doomguy found nothing that can be used for slaying hordes of demonic forces. The place, this 'funhouse', doesn't feel like Hell at all. In fact, ever since he got into this dimension, Doom Slayer felt like something is missing... Something job-related that he is accustomed to. The Doom Marine lowers his guard for a little bit as he continues to explore this unusual structure. And that's when he heard it...

!!!
A familiar roar.
It must be a Cacodemon!

latest

Doomguy rushes with high adrenaline and bloodlust to where the sound came from, and in a corner he finds... Hell. As if there's a portal in this funhouse—now looking like one—that leads to Hell. He jumps straight into it, lands in Hell, and starts rushing. The heavy metal gets louder. The demon attacks him from mid-air, but Doom Slayer dodges it quickly, and then leaps towards the Cacodemon, kills it with his bare fists as if he were in a berserk state. Upon getting back onto the ground, he picks up a Super Shotgun, and rushes into a horde of demons.

UnrealisticHoarseBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

The Doom Marine decides to take on one of the Cyber-Mancubuses first, stepping onto the burning acid it had just shot.

latest

It's a good thing he has armor, because anyone else would've easily melted. It took Doomguy a few rounds to weaken this ungodly creation, before going in for a glory kill. After all, it is way tougher than a regular Mancubus. However, after Demon Slayer does it, a Pinky Demon comes in and rams him really hard, knocking him away.

latest

But it doesn't take the Doom Marine long to start shooting again. One can imagine that he has a bloody smile on his face underneath his helmet right now.

P PopcornPie

"You mean you don't remember how you got here? That's weird, you've gotta remember something." He ignored her statement about how the section was off-limits. Stratus was going there anyway.

"There's probably a way through here. If not, I'll just make that weirdo working there tell me, whether he wants to or not. C'mon! It's just a lil' further! Last one there is a rotten egg!" Stratus laughed as he picked up his pace and ran towards the section.

P PopcornPie

Dream Dasher Ram
(With RedLight RedLight 's Doomguy)
Boy, that ruckus was enough to awaken Dream Dasher! Shocked by the bizarre noises, he rolled over, momentarily forgetting that he was spawled onto a bench, and remembered just in time to fall on his head. "Good gravy, his music is going to get us a noise compaint..." The little sheep complained to himself, before going in to see what was so much fun that the battle music had to be turned up this loudly.

"Heyo! Dude, what are you up...To..." The ram swallowed.

Yep.

A demon.

This funhouse had spawned in a demon.

A hungry looking demon.

Dream Dasher needed a couple seconds for his lungs to charge up, then released a scream loud enough to crack the windows.
Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Nope! Don't you know the story? We animals come down from a rainbow beyond the golden gate! It's a special rainbow that can stay glowing in the moonlight!" Sweetie Paw hopped in front of Stratus, deliberately slowing down in hopes of impeding on Stratus's warpath. Nope, he just ran last her. "Ooooh, we're gonna get in so much trouble...No. He's getting in trouble! Hmph!" She sat her fuzzy but down, snorting. This sour attitude barely lasted a breath. "...But then I'll still get in trouble for not watching him...That would be worse trouble, wouldn't it? Oh, please, wait up!"

Meanwhile, the teddy-headed one picked up on the voices coming their way. No matter; they just pulled their shadow over themselves, like a blanket, and took shelter beneath the shadow of the carousel they just repaired.

Stratus groaned in an annoyed tone. "Of course I don't know the story, I just came here. What are you talking about? A golden gate with a... Rainbow? Ugh. I hate rainbows." He darkened a bit. He always had a personal vendetta against rainbows. As a cloud creature, if there were rainbows, that meant that people were having fun in the rain. Everyone should know now about how he felt about people having fun in a storm, especially one that he made that was meant to ruin someone's day.

As small sparks of electricity jumped short distances across his body, Sweetie Paw ran ahead of him for a short time. This caused him to slow down for a brief moment and change back to his original color. Now that this was a competition, he ran even faster, moving ahead of Sweetie Paw. He glanced behind him and saw her sitting on the ground and he chuckled. At the front of the section, Stratus jumped onto a worn-out bench and stood proudly as the Victor of the race. He laughed at Sweetie Paw in the distance.

"Hah! I guess that you're the rotten egg, huh? Slowpoke! C'mon, let's go inside!" He was so excited about getting away from here that he hadn't thought about Sweetie Paw's feelings.

P PopcornPie

Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Y-You don't like rainbows!?" Sweetie's fur bristled, while her heart froze solid. "How can you not like rainbows?! When a rainbow cradles you, it feels like the world's softest fur. You're completely weightless, and you can see all the colors of the world harmonizing in a wonderful way!" Her eyes shimmered, and her tail thumped happily.

Meanwhile, the masked being grew angry, but remained still. With a wink of their eyes, they summoned the weeds hiding between the cracks in the ground. If Stratus tried crossing them, those plants would defy their normal biology, and develop thorns.

And Sweetie Paw suspected nothing.

"I didn't even want to race you."
She humphed. "I want to get you back in the park."

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

"Rainbows are nothing but scattered light! You can't touch it. It's not soft." He mocked her with a tone one might greet a baby with. Stratus was sure he was speaking to one of the most stupid, most childish beings he had met. Ever.

Stratus leered at Sweetie Paw as he stood on the old bench. "You know what rainbows mean to me? Do you know how I feel when I see one? After I create a storm with the purpose of ruining someone's day?" He spoke to her in a low, annoyed tone. "When those show up after one of my devastating thunderstorms drench a town, kids immediately start celebrating and having fun. There's a reason why I make those storms. It's to punish people! They're supposed to be depressed!"

"If I could, I'd make sure that nobody ever sees another rainbow again." After his short speech, Stratus removed himself from the bench and took a few more steps towards the section, and towards a crack in the concrete ground below him. He had worked himself up so much that his cloud body had darkened, much more than before. Little sparks jumped short distances across his skin.

"Well that's too bad, I'm going in here. I don't wanna be in Lucid Land. I wanna go back home and relax on the clouds. Maybe I could command a few lightning bolts onto some unsuspecting people..."

Stratus laughed, but his laughter was interrupted with a harsh yelp. He had continued to walk away from Sweetie Paw and onto one of the cracks on the ground. In between the cracks were weeds that normally didn't have thorns but as Stratus stepped on them, the weeds abruptly grew threateningly large thorns in a seemingly unnatural way. They hooked onto Stratus' cloud foot, causing him to become even more worked up. His skin turned dark grey and the sparks traveling across his body grew larger and appeared at a greater rate.

P PopcornPie

//Okay, time to bring this back to life.

Sweetie Paw Lioness
Sweetie Paw stared at Status like he was being trisected right in front of her. "B-but rainbows are soft!" She whined. "So fluffy, and warm! But not fuzzy, more like a...than a...um..." It seemed that she had made Stratus angry, and he had begun a tirade about thunderstorms, and how they were meant to depress. "H-how can you say those awful things?! I guess the reason you're here is so you can discover the power of friendship!"

The teddy-masked individual sneered in delight as their trap sprung, helping the thorns grow large and crooked, until they ensnared their target.

The lioness's ears fell. "O-oh, no..."

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

As Stratus gradually became more and more furious, the more and more the thorns began to engulf his body. He didn't notice at first, so he directed his anger towards innocent Sweetie Paw. He eyed at her menacingly.

"Quit talking to me about those stupid rainbows! They're nothing! And quit talking to me about asinine stuff about friendship and friends! No one here is my friend, not even you, you brainless..." He gasped as he finally realized that the thorns were beginning to climb up his body.

By that time, the thorns came up to his knees and held his legs together in place. Stratus attempted to move away to no avail. He then tried to use his shapeshifting powers to escape, but just as he began to stretch his body, the thorns quickly and unnaturally shot upwards to squish Stratus' body back down. Little angry clouds emitted from his body as he was suddenly compressed. In a last-ditch effort, Stratus' body became almost black as large sparks started to run across his body. Stratus abruptly lit up as he electrocuted the thorns violently, but unfortunately, that failed too.

Eventually, Stratus was completely ensnared by the thorns. After he tried shocking the thorns numerous other times, he exclaimed in pain and yelled for Sweetie Pie.

"H-hey! What's going on?! What just happened?! I didn't mean it! I was joking, I swear! I'm sorry!" He feared he somehow angered Sweetie Pie and that she had some terrible power that he wasn't aware of. "Help! Please!"

P PopcornPie

Sweetie Paw Lioness
Sweetie Paw could only gasp, then stare at the ground, her lip wavering. "I just want you to enjoy your time here..." She whined softly.

Sadness quickly turned to fear as they both came to realize that Stratus was trapped. "Oh, so, I knew this would happen! Hang on, I'll go get the beavers!" The lioness pranced off, her tail high and her ears folded back.

Teddy-mask continued to grin as they tossed Status around like a ragdoll.

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Stratus watched in horror as Sweetie Paw fled. "H-hey! Get back here! What are you doing?!" He yelled after her. He was growing more and more tired as he continued to struggle. Just then, the weeds slowly began to shake, gradually swinging Stratus about the place. The roots of the plants eventually loosened and released themselves from the Earth, allowing them to toss Stratus around like a tumbleweed.

This event caused Stratus to become slightly nauseated. It was hard to concentrate on what was going on, considering the pain from the thorns, the suddenness of the situation, and the overall absurdness of what he had just got himself into. He began to think that Sweetie Paw could not be involved because all of this continued to happen with her. There must be some outside force trying to hurt him. Unfortunately, his vision was too obstructed to see what was going on. At least, well.

P PopcornPie

-Rem Ayanokōji-​
Everything was spinning, her mind was a blur. Rem staggered for a moment as she tried to recall what had just happened. Just moments ago Rem was leaving the local burger shop after finishing a surprisingly small case that day. After regaining her composer Rem dusted her self off. Many questions ran through her mind, where was she, did she accidentally enter someone's dream, is that even possible? At that time Rem noticed that her magnum was missing. She was now presumably trapped in an unknown area with no protection.
P PopcornPie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back