• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

PopcornPie

Dazed, confused, but chugging on.
You were perfectly relaxed, doing your own thing, only to hear a light swoosh above you. It's too close to you to be a plane, but too large to be a bird. So you look up. What are you rewarded with? A full view of a giant pink dragon talon, that's what. It grabs you wordlessly, and takes you into the sky with little resistance. As you two soar, it hits you: This thing is made of cotton candy. So you chew on the dragon, hoping to get free. But it doesn't seem to care; Whatever parts you chew just grow back.

Once you're going fast enough, the beast creates a bright flash around you. When the flash subsides, you are no longer in your familiar sky. Before you can even register what's going on, the dragon drops you down a chute.

Wheeee!

In case you weren't already feeling like whatever you last ate or drank was spiked, a gigantic kitten appears before you.
shutterstock_491258266-760x506.jpg
(Note: This is a placeholder image)
The kitten immediately giggles and comes padding towards you, shouting "Welcome!" Instinctively, you attempted to fight back, only to discover the hard way that this cat does NOT skip fur day. Her fur is so soft, you immediatelygo into a trance, clinging to her like a flea. She doesn't mind; this is what she wanted.

To make you get off, all she needs to do is step through a gigantic shower, which washes you away like you were nothing. The water pushes you to the entrance of an enormous amusement park. Just in case you weren't already tired of seeing fur, it is swarming with adorable animal mascots, coming right up to see you.

Without anything resembling a fight, you let the animals guide you to Lucid Land, a park where anything you'd like comes true. Except for, you know, going home.

Fortunately, this phenomenon has become common enough that people are immediately aware of what happened to you, and are willing to track you down! But can they save you before you fall into temptation, or find out why there are so many damn mascots?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Official IC thread for Lucid Land! You can sign up here, and we have an OOC Discord server.

It was just like any other day...

Stratus was up in the clouds at an undisclosed location. It was raining, so the clouds underneath Stratus sank a little as he walked along. He was trying to find an opening through the clouds so that he could watch the children in the field from below. They looked like ants below him, jumping in puddles and digging up earthworms in the damp earth. He thought that it was ridiculous that these kids were actually having fun in the rain- they'd normally sulk back home or run in fright. He was going to change their mind.

Stratus turned as dark as the saturated rain clouds he was walking on. Just as he did, he summoned a lightning strike that hit a tree nearby, causing it to explode. The tree wasn't close enough to hurt the children, but it was loud and abrupt enough to send them running back home to their mommies crying. Stratus scoffed. What a bunch of babies.

In the distance, Stratus could hear a swoosh, as if something flew above him, thinking that some projectile from the blast hit him, or that someone got mad and saw him, he peered down from the clouds and shouted, "Hey! What do you think you're do-" Before he could even finish, he was kidnapped by this large pink dragon from above.

From this point forward, Stratus thought he was having a hallucination. First, he finds out that the dragon was cotton candy- you know, those candy clouds. Then the dragon seemingly teleports to an unfamiliar place, then drops him down a chute. A giant kitten arrives, which had such soft fur that Stratus couldn't resist holding it. The kitten washes him off, causing him to wash up at a park's entrance, which was filled to the brim with animal mascots who were just waiting for him.

During all of this, Stratus was in a strange feeling of absolute bliss. But in the back of his head, he was freaking out. A lot. What higher power saw him harassing those children and decided to punish him? He didn't hurt them, and he felt like they deserved it. Meanwhile, the animals there approached him and gave him a tour of the one and only Lucid Land.

P PopcornPie

The first to approach Stratus was carnation pink lioness, who had a little patch of golden fur in the shape of a heart just below her collar. "Hello! I'm Sweetie Paw™." Her voice was a smooth, hushed chirp. "Come with me. We will get your your bracelet, and then I will personally guide you around the park!"

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Aw, crud!" A little boy named 9-Volt stared miserably at the "PLAYER TWO WINS" screen. Who knew that kid could turn things around? He didn't know they would do that! Unfair!

Right before he could begin a new game, however, he felt himself being squeezed and plucked off the ground. High winds attacked his face, save for his eyes, because of the visor on his helmet. "Where are we going?!" He shrieked, watching the schoolyard vanish before he could blink. "Mom! Mom, help!"

After the dragon dumped him down the chute, 9-Volt was able to cry out his fear. His tears quickly attracted an enormous presence, which timidly asked, "Hewwo?"

The voice made 9-Volt stiffen, and his eyes were too small to take in the sheer size of the thing. "Y-y-y-you're a big cat!" He whimpered, only making the kitten giggle. "I sure am! Now come here!" She replied, nuzzling the boy.

As soon as those hairs touched his skin, 9-Volt felt a fuzzy feeling deep inside. His entire body felt like it had fallen asleep, and his mind felt like it was trapped in an eternal dream. "So soooooffffttt..." He remained hugging her until he was washed away in a giant shower.

There to meet him was a green rabbit, with her ears styled to resemble the leaves of a four leaf clover. "Hi-hi!" The rabbit exclaimed. "I'm Little Clover Bunny™! Come with me!"

"'Sweetie Paw?' What kind of name is that? You look gross, where am I?" He scoffed, which was immediately followed by a gasp. He rapidly approached the stranger in a threatening manner.

"YOU! You kidnapped me, didn't you? What did I ever do to you, you..." He stopped just as he became face-to-face with this flower lioness. Stratus' attention drifted off as he became distracted by the park he stood in front of. It was so colorful, so joyful, so... Unnatural.

After a few more seconds of admiration, Stratus returned his attention towards Sweetie Paw. "What is this place?"

P PopcornPie

3ED73843-5DF6-406A-984E-DDB71DAF84DA.gif
Consciousness came to Remina slowly, metaphorically. She groaned audibly to herself as she stood up and looked around. She was apparently in a huge room, a huge luxurious room filled to the ream with cute cuddly creatures. ”What? Where am I?" She grobed for her daggers, longbow, or even an axe, but found that they were nowhere to be found. She immediately sprung up from the bed, "what the ---!? Where are my weapons!?" She looked around the room. No weapons. She got up and out of the hotel room and eventually out of the hotel. Then she remembered! The cotton candy dragon! The giant kitten! Her blacking out when she got here! Or was that her falling asleep? What was this place?! She looked around and saw not one but several animal mascots! All cute and cuddly. And everything here was joyful and colorful and so utterly..... Unnatural. She was immediately taken back and naturally was approached by one of the mascots......

P PopcornPie

"Father, I don't see why we can't just drop a brick on his head? He is a baby after all."

Lileath and Voldemort were walking in the luscious grounds of their estate, their breath appearing smoky in the crisp autumn air. The gentle sounds of birds and rushing water filled the comfortable silence that had fell over them like a soft blanket, although neither of time felt any particular need to break it. Briefly glancing at how the sunlight danced through the leaves above them to appear on the immaculate stone path, she was shocked when an iron grip yanked on her arm. He pulled her off the path into the trees and she knew better than to question him in such circumstances, even though she couldn't help but doubt anyone had found them here. They had their own island for heaven's sake; if that didn't grant them some privacy, nothing would.

Crouching behind a tree, she felt a shimmering shield lock in place around her and finally drew out her wand. She still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary though, right up until something fast and pink went past, far too large to be some kind of dart. It was curved and - of all things - fluffy, and her father had to clamp his hand over her mouth to stop her saying something out of pure surprise. It was just so strange so she wondered whether it was some creature from far off Asia or Africa maybe, but if that was the case, what on earth was it doing in their garden?

Feeling a rare rush of fear as it turned around to face the tree she was hiding behind, it suddenly lurched forward, causing her to run through the woods. She felt her father keeping pace with her as they aimed for the cliff edge about a mile away, as that was where the apperation barrier ended so then maybe they could get away from his demented thing. She didn't know what it was and frankly she didn't care as long as she didn't have to be near it. Her father blasted everything out of their way (including some trees and at least one deer) as they just managed to keep ahead of it, although they both had an awful sinking feeling that it was perhaps toying with them. Keeping up their fast pace nevertheless, they leapt over the side of the cliff, her father vanishing while she screamed, the thing having finally caught up with her.

The next thing she knew she was in front of some strange gate, her vision swimming and a piercing headache throbbing in her head. Attempting to climb off the floor, she staggered before something grabbed hold of her arm, and she thought she must've been hallucinating. It was small, around half her height, and, well, cartoonish, like some strange animated animal that'd been brought to life. Attempting to shake it off her, it refused to let go even when she lifted it off the ground and bashed it into the floor in a panicked frenzy.

"Where the fuck am I?" She yelled, looking around as she spotted more of these weird creatures lurking in the distance, seemingly watching with interest. The one that sort of resembled a fox was still attached to her arm and she attempted to reach for her wand, only to find she didn't have it. Was this some kind of horrendous drug trip, or had the order somehow trapped her in some weird alternate universe?

Heavy metal starts playing in the background...

HE is here...
2c3b8x100vq11.png

DOOM SLAYER
(Fanart by Blrutal Bloodlust)
giphy.gif

LET'S GOOOOOO

He is silent... As if calmly analyzing. Calmly observing... He was just in Hell before This. Slaying demons with his trusty Super Shotgun—old, beaten, but still packs a mean punch. But this place doesn't look like Hell... Luckily? However, that doesn't mean he can't prepare for the worst. He cracks his knuckles. It seems that his fists are the only tools of killing he has right now. He tilts his head, making his neck produce popping cracks. After this little 'warm up', he walks. He's ready for whatever this newfound dimension or world has to offer him. Doom Slayer is prepared. But the question is... Are they prepared for him? After all...

The only thing they fear is you.

@Open_For_Interactions​

Last edited:
Sweetie Paw
(With Yamperzzz Yamperzzz 's Stratus)
"Gross?" Sweetie Paw's ears fell back. "How can that be? We are meant to be the ultimate furry friends!" She fluffed herself out proudly. At Stratus's next question, she laughed merrily. "What you did? I don't know. You probably just needed a vacation!" She waved her tail before the park, beaming. "This here is Lucid Land! Our very own patch of dreams!"

She would then guide Stratus to the ticket booths, and wrapped one of those paper bracelets around his arm.
9-Volt and Little Clover
The rabbit did the same with her guest, though 9-Volt was much more compliant. "So...I get any wish here?" The boy asked, half nervous, half greedy. "Anything I want?"

"That's right!" Little Clover pulled him along with ease. "If you want to meet somebody, just go ahead and ask! We here at Lucid Land love making new friends!"

"Wow!" 9-Volt briefly held onto his joy, but it deflated. "...I wish my mom was here."

"We'll probably bump into her! Buck up!"
Little Clover reassured. "You know what cheers me up when I miss somebody? Cotton candy!"
Bubbly Hiccups Dragon
(With PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss 's Remina, in the hotel)
"Oh! You're awake!" A chubby aqua dragon, with iridescent wing webbing and belly scales, floated to Remina as she exited her room. "You seemed awful sleepy, so I took the liberty of bring you to Happy Paws Hotel. I guess I'm your tour guide now! Call me Bubbly Hiccups Dragon!" Anticipating that she would inquire about his namesake, he quickly coughed up a few soap bubbles.
Desert Dasher Fox
(With defenderofberk defenderofberk 's Lileath, entrance)
Lileath's tour guide was a skinny little fennec fox, with bright cream fur and brighter golden eyes. Just one of his ears could cover up his whole face. As part of the safety committee, he needed to remove Lileath's weapon, but still tried to be friendly about it. He would just swipe it and explain, no trouble. He was known as Desert Dasher for a reason. He would be fast enough.

Or so he thought, until he found himself being rapidly bashed against the concrete. Being a creature of magic, he wasn't killed or bleeding, but was very dizzy. "Heh...wow...an arm like this...could really rock the bottle game...you know...with the bottles..." The fennec finally slid off her arm.

While he recovered, a raccoon made off with Lileath's wand, giggling at Desert Dasher's misfortune.
Dream Dasher Ram
(With RedLight RedLight 's Doomslayer)
This particular ovine knew a tense soul when he saw one. This particular ovine was also consistently clad in red pajamas with little numbers on them, covered in blue wool, and stared at Doomslayer half-shut green eyes. "Hey, man. Welcome."

Remina just stared at Bubbly Hiccups Dragon as if he were an gross abomination that decided to suddenly appear at her feet, but instead of inspiring fear, it inspired a load of confusion. After a few moments of silence, the only words that were able to come out of her mouth was: ”what are you!?” She was clearly confused intensely.

P PopcornPie

One of Stratus' many cloud "ears" perked up in the direction of Sweetie Paw's voice. He had a look of disdain covering his face as he continued to watch the park from a distance. Stratus put one hand on his hip and the other up to scratch his head.

"So, is this, like, an amusement park or something? You know, if you wanted someone to come here, you could've just put up some posters or somethin'. I'm sure those annoying human children would love this place." He made a brief groan of disgust. This was too much pink. "Like, you shouldn't have basically kidnapped me. Even though I probably wouldn't go anyways..."

P PopcornPie

Last edited:
Doom Slayer just stands there, waiting for more response from whoever the Hell is wearing the red PJ's with little Earthly numbers on them. Or perhaps, he's waiting for something else... Doom Slayer actually understood the stranger's greeting, despite its casual tone. But something else ticked him—the stranger's mammal-like appearance. While this struck him odd, he's seen worse. Demons in Hell are worse than this, and far more aggressive. If this ovine were a demon, Doom Slayer figures that it would've made an attack right now. So instead of doing anything rash, he decides to hold himself back. In fact, he nods in response to its greeting. But if the worst happens, the the ovine ambushes Doom Slayer, the former will know what it's like to be ripped and torn. Now, Doom Slayer is just facing the stranger, as if waiting for more information. After all, that's what he is accustomed to, and trained to do.

P PopcornPie

Lileath's red eyes snapped to a running racoon, her anger overriding any thoughts about how bizarre it was to see a cartoon racoon up on its hind legs. Ignoring the fox that'd now let go of her arm, she charged after the other creature, yelling at it to give her wand back. Her clothes, although tailored and of high quality, were fine for running and combat, the leather boots not too high. She still had a headache and her vision seemed strangely bright, which was why she needed her wand more than ever. Seeing the creature run through the gates, she paused, looking up at the shiny gold. Looking around for any other creatures, she spotted the fox again and called to it.

"What happens if I go through these gates?" She asked sharply, her forehead ever so slightly creased with a frown. A loose strand of white hair had escaped her usually immaculate ponytail and she brushed it aside with her long fingers, her arms crossed over her chest.

//Forgive the lateness of this post...

Bubbly Hiccups Dragon
"Didn't you hear me give my name...?" Bubbly tilted his head, his smile melting slightly into a confused expression. "I'm a dragon! I know I don't look very much like one, and I don't breath fire like one..." He paused to pop one of the bubbles. "But I fly like one, don't I?" He performed a loop-de-loop.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Oh, sure, we get lots of child guests!" The lioness responded sweetly. "You're more likely to see them in the Cubs area, though. And kidnapping? Oh, we're not kidnapping. We animals just greet and guide."
Yamperzzz Yamperzzz
Desert Dasher Fox
"Oh, I think that's Sticky Fingers Raccoon!" Desert Dasher just laughed. "Not to worry, somebody else will persuade him to put it with the other collected items." The fennec trotted towards Lileath. "I'm afraid that space beyond the gate is animals only. But there's plenty of places for humans to go!"
defenderofberk defenderofberk
Dream Dasher Ram
Hm...This new guest wasn't a talker. Nor was Dream Dasher himself, but surely he wanted to do something. "We're in Lucid Land. Place of dreams." The ovine yawned. "But if you want to get yourself all excited, instead, I can take you to a ride..."
RedLight RedLight

"Well, do I have the choice of leaving?" He figured that the answer would be no, but he wanted to try anyway. Stratus surveyed his surroundings to find a suitable place to escape through but found none. There was only the gate that led to the park itself. "I've got things to do, ya know. I don't exactly have time to be at some stupid amusement park."

P PopcornPie

Doomguy, or the Doom Marine, whichever is easier to say, continues to stand idly, listening to the ovine stranger. He is still waiting for CLEARER orders. Doom Slayer steps closer to the stranger, as if agreeing to his offer for a ride. But he, the 'Slayer', hopes that this free ride would take him back to past events, where demonic hordes were involved. Again, without any words, Doomguy gives off an I'm-ready-for-anything feeling. If the stranger fails to give him an order, or any intel he could use, the Slayer will wreak havoc on his own. And believe me... Even the vilest of creatures wouldn't want that happening.
P PopcornPie

Dream Dasher Ram
(With RedLight RedLight 's Doomguy)
Still no response. The ovine slowly scratched his woolly head, then started to gently nudge Doomguy forward. "We do gotta get you a bracelet. Then, maybe, I can show you the funhouse?" Boy, there were some real whackjobs coming in today.
Sweetie Paw Lioness
"I don't know how to send you home." Sweetie Paw shrugged, her ears drooping. "I don't know how people even go home." Her jaw fell agape into an expression of delight. "I got it! Maybe we'll see from the top of the ferris wheel!"

Stratus cringed. He really doesn't want to be here. He thinks that everything here is stupid and that all the animals here are dumb and that he just wants to go home. But it doesn't seem like he has much of a choice. So, after a few seconds of deliberation, he finally responded with a loud sigh.

"Ugh, FINE. I guess we can go on the Ferris Wheel..." Stratus muttered as he pinched the bridge of his non-existent nose. "It's not like I have anything better to do anyway." The Ferris Wheel did seem like it was one of the taller structures of Lucid Land. Maybe he could see a way out from up there.

P PopcornPie

Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Goodie!" Sweetie Paw tightly wrapped her tail around Stratus's arm, pulling him like a balloon. "Good thing you have me around, huh? You're gonna grow to love this place, I just know it!"

The ferris wheel was standard in shape, but not in color and theme. It was covered in stars colored pastel pink, purple, and blue, while the center was a rainbow vortex. The cars were shaped like various flying animals, that bowed their heads and flapped their wings as the ride moved. Sweetie Paw dragged her guest into a lavender pegasus, which neighed a girly neigh.

Sure enough, Stratus could see the entirety of the park from the top. Way off into the distance, however, he would see a section that looked...off-color.

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Stratus thought that he'd be guided to the ferris wheel and be let go, but when Sweetie Paw grabbed his arm with her tail and yanked him over to the ride, he realized that she would get on it with him. The ferris wheel was colorful, and the carts that were shaped liked animals, much to his dismay. As the lavender pegasus cart they boarded emitted a girly neigh, Stratus cringed. There went his dignity, right out the window.

As they reached the tallest point of the ride, Stratus could see the whole park, all in its gross, stupid, ridiculous glory. It was very colorful and happy, but Stratus soon noticed a particular section of the park that seemed off-color. It was like it didn't belong there. Stratus temporarily took off his shades to see it better, revealing that the cloud creature somehow didn't have any eyes. And yet, he could see just fine.

Stratus pointed over to the strange, off-putting section of the park. "What is that?"

P PopcornPie

Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Isn't this swell?" Sweetie just adored the soft breeze in her poofy fur, even though the height made her feel a little sick. There were entire herds of people down below, which warmed her puny heart. She could only jope that Stratus would come to feel the same.

"Th-that place?" Holding her paw over her eyes, Sweetie quickly spotted the discolored area. "Oh, some places around the park are kinda run-down, we don't like letting guests go near them..."
Yamperzzz Yamperzzz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was someone in that decrepit section, with no animal accompanying them. They were dressed in a black morphsuit, their face coveted by a mask of a teddy bear. As they walked, they studied the grayed out, crumbling rides, and concentrated. Slowly, but surely, they started to become colorful again.

Stratus paid little attention to what Sweetie Paw had to say, as he was concentrated on the strange person wandering throughout the strange section of the park. He watched as the person, who wore a bear mask and a black morph suit, gradually change the grayed-out areas of the park into color. Stratus chuckled as he put his shades back on.

"We should go there! It's probably the way out. It's a lot cooler looking than this place, too." He crossed his arms as he confidently sank back into his seat. "If we're lucky, that guy's probably a bad guy and you'd be able to see my sick fighting skills!" He made quick chopping motions as his cloud body slightly darkened for emphasis.

P PopcornPie

Bubbly Hiccups Dragon
(With PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss 's Remina)

"Probably with all the other stuff." Bubbly formed a cage with his fingers. "We have a big dump where we put all the weapons people try to bring in, and-Oh, yeah.." It would be wise to tell her where she was, first, wouldn't it? "This is Lucid Land, the destination of dreams! I guess I'm the tour guide."

Sweetie Paw Lioness
"Oh, that's-! Um...Hm..." Sweetie Paw's voice gradually lost confidence. "Well, I thought it was on the tip of my tongue..." She tried to keep her eyes on the mysterious fellow as the pegasus went back down. "I don't think that's a bad guy. No fighting is allowed here. That I know."

"Pff, you guys are a bunch of babies. How are you going to react when somebody tries to mug you? Are you going to have a dance-off? Are you going to have a cupcake eating contest?" Stratus laughed at his own joke as their pegasus cart got closer towards the bottom of the wheel.

"Once this gets back down, I'm going over there, this place is a major waste of my time." He eyed the ground as it got closer and closer.

P PopcornPie

Doomguy follows the ovine stranger's lead. And wherever the latter may lead him... the Doom Marine couldn't care less. But a 'bracelet' and a 'funhouse'? That reminds him of the times when he worked WITH—not 'for'— a certain Samuel Hayden. That scum had a lot of gimmicks under his mechanical sleeves to put Doomguy in control... As for funhouse, that could be easily used as a metaphor for a place where you rip and tear hordes of demonic creatures. These memories alone make Doom Slayer clench his right fist tightly, and the ovine would be lucky if the slayer doesn't unleash his anger on him. And onward they go to... Well, wherever the stranger takes him.
Heavy metal begins to play in the background...
The DOOM logo appears...
Doom_logo.png

P PopcornPie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back