• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern {Full} How do you Roommate?

Where should the roleplay take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkiusHeavenstein

Creator of my own little Universe
Roleplay Type(s)

"From the makers of 'Mister, What is in THAT Bag?' and 'I Want to Marry a Parttimer', NekoNeko Studios welcomes you to 'The Downlow with Miyasai Tikki'! I'm Miyasai Tikki, and let me be the first to announce that I am beyond excited for today's special guest: BEIGI Corpation's own Nagasama Hirochi! Welcome, Nagasama-Senpai!"

"Thank you for the warm welcome."

"BEIGI Coration has paired with NekoNeko Studios on many occassions. By example with the recent international hit, 'Hey!', and the critically acclaimed production, 'My Western Boyfriend'. However, I can say now that no one is more excited than I am to discuss your newest television creation!"

"I'm flattered... Really! If you keep throwing compliments at me, I'll have no choice but to ask you on a date, Miyasai-Chan~♡"

"Oh you! Stop with the flirting and give us all the downlow on your recent production! I hear it is truly a masterpiece in the making! Please share!"

"Ah yes... I can definitely say it goes far beyond the bound of what one would consider normal Japanese Television, Miyasai-Chan. With the recent influx of Anime popularity and such companies gaining most of the views in the production market, I had to admit that I was fearing for many reality television shows and their popularity; however, I can guarantee you... and our lovely audience, of course, that what BEIGI Corporation has come up with is a show to rock our views back to life and place Japanese Reality Television back into the lime light!"

"Please! Descripe to our viewers what this new show is all about!"

"Ah yes, of course. Ahem... Picture this: A single, three floor home. This house, having a total of 8 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a single kitchen, livingroom, etc. And whatever else a house is supposed to have, is not made to house a large family."

"Interesting... Do tell more!"

"This house has been bought and rented out to 8 individual persons, coming from a walks of life. Some may have past relationships, while some are total strangers, but these individuals are paired together and must rely on eachother and live together under one roof. They shop together, eat together... Sleep together, but the main means of this is to survey the grounds and secret life of being a 'Roommate.' Thus the title, 'How Do You Roommate'. These lovely individuals must live with eachother for a total of 12 months, surviving just as any roommates would do. I expect drama, romance, humor, violence... The entire package!"

"Really? That's quite a few people... Is this scripted?"

"Of course not! We have set up cameras all over the house to be able to watch nearly every aspect of their lives!"

"Rather intrusive, but interesting nonetheless! What is the point of all of this?"

"Simple. It is a social experiment on humanity. Are we really all different? Does coming from a different background make someone better than another? What happens if we attempt to strip away all titles and simply make us equal? Will we lash out and seek social order, or collaborate with eachother and come to some sort of agreement? These people have been picked from a list of volunteers and have been paired up as the most adequate for this social experiment."

"Indeed... I heard rumor that Actor and Musician Oki Umrie shall be taking part in this experiment. Is that true? Can we look forward to more famous famous faces to come through!?"

"Ahahahaha... As I said, Miyasai-Chan. Our chosen participants come from all walks of life. All rumors shall be answered once the show comes on air next monday. Sooo... you will have to wait until then to find out!~♡"

"What of the rumor that one participant is an exconvict?"

"All is fair once inside the house, but I shall not say more than that! Tune into find out!"

"We are all excited to see the first Episode of 'How Do You Roommate', airing next Monday at 3:30p.m.! Stay tight audience, for our next interview shall be the publicist of Ryochi Sammara, who shall discuss the allegations of her secretive relationship with a University Student! Stay tuned and thank you for joining us today, Nagasama-Senpai!~♡"

So, above you can have read the gist of the rp. 8 people, one house, 12 months. For each month they stay they will be getting a certain fair amount of money. For the first month everything (rent, food, clothes etc) will be paid for them. After that they will have to find ways to make their own money to pay for their expenses. Plotwise I do not have any big ideas, just wanted a nice relaxed and fun roleplay and see where things would go. Currently the rp is set in Japan, but that may change depending on the outcome of the poll.

Rules (no one likes them, but can't do without them)
1) Be nice OOC. Your character can be the biggest jerk ever alive, but you cannot. If you are, I will kick you out.
2) No powerplaying, no godmoding, no perfect characters etc etc etc. Just keep it all nice and realistic.
3) ORIGINALITY. I want people from different points in their life and different backgrounds. Age of the characters have to be between 18 and 49 years.
4) Communicate. Whether you will be gone for a certain amount, or something is unclear or you have a question or suggestion. Talk to me. I won't bite.
5) Romance may happen, but keep everything PG-13, since the rpnation rules of course also apply on this rp
6) I might add rules later on when I am making the rp, but I promise that will all be more posting wise rules and no behaviour rules :P

Roles
- Idol [female] apolla apolla
- Exconvict [male] DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein
- Athlete [female] Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
- Doctor [female] thirteen thirteen
- (Tattoo) Artist [female] erzulie erzulie
- Architect [male] Nona Nona
- Hacker The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect
- Manga-ka [male] Sook Sook

If you are interested, just post down below. If you have a sort of character idea, feel free to post it or just describe it with one word.
Important: The Idol will be the one mentioned above in the intro, but you can totally change his/her name and whatever
Important: I want at least three female characters and three male characters so we have some sort of balance
Important: With role I mean something like artist, student, doctor, lawyer, foreigner etc

If I have four (including myself) people interested, I will continue to set this up further. If for some reason a lot of people are interested. Or a lot of people would like to double up on characters (which I kinda want to do) then I might make a second house (within this rp).

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting idea! I’ll consider joining this.

Actually, do you have any post length requirements? I can do a half paragraph at worst, two paragraphs at best.

Actually, do you have any post length requirements? I can do a half paragraph at worst, two paragraphs at best.
Postingwise I'd say two/three paragraph minimum (of course also depending on the content we are writing with). I want to know what characters are thinking/feeling and such and I think it gives more depth to character development. So I think that might be a bit too much for you, but I am willing to let you try out?

I'm interested in this! If there is room for me :) I can make a male character to help even things out heh. Maybe an architect?

Sooooo, I made the thingie where you can put your CS in just follow this link

Also is it more common to make an OOC thread or a discord group? It has been a while since I have been on this site and the other roleplaying sites I have been are using a lot of discord instead of OOC thread? But I will leave that up to you guys, whatever you feel more comfortable with

Sooooo, I made the thingie where you can put your CS in just follow this link

Also is it more common to make an OOC thread or a discord group? It has been a while since I have been on this site and the other roleplaying sites I have been are using a lot of discord instead of OOC thread? But I will leave that up to you guys, whatever you feel more comfortable with
I prefer discord but I’m fine with either

Yea, you’re assuming right. I can put out a two paragraph, just not for every post. Guess this isn’t for me.

Hey there, this sounds fun! For the idol role (sorry if this was explained and I'm just slow and missing it) what exactly did you mean? Like a singer, model, actress, etc.? I'd love to be a female in one of those roles if so!

Hey there, this sounds fun! For the idol role (sorry if this was explained and I'm just slow and missing it) what exactly did you mean? Like a singer, model, actress, etc.? I'd love to be a female in one of those roles if so!
Hello, for the idol role I didn't have something specific in mind. Just someone that is incredible famous (worldwide or at least in Asia) that has been on tv several times. But it is up to you why they are famous. I was thinking like Kpop-star fame, but they can be a model or singer or acress (or what you often see that those are combined)

Hello, for the idol role I didn't have something specific in mind. Just someone that is incredible famous (worldwide or at least in Asia) that has been on tv several times. But it is up to you why they are famous. I was thinking like Kpop-star fame, but they can be a model or singer or acress (or what you often see that those are combined)

I gotcha! I see that the poll has the most votes for the US, so if the RP is gonna take place there, I'd love to take the idol spot for sure! (I know nothing of kpop ahaha)

I gotcha! I see that the poll has the most votes for the US, so if the RP is gonna take place there, I'd love to take the idol spot for sure! (I know nothing of kpop ahaha)
Hahaha, I love how many people vote that don't show any other interest. I have already set the rp in Japan.

Anyway it doesn't have to be a Kpop person, I just meant more like that amount of fame. Like even if you do not know Kpop you do know the name BTS (or at least most people have heard that name). Or like the fame the Kardashians have. So just someone that would be recognized on the street and have some paparazzi following them around.

Hahaha, I love how many people vote that don't show any other interest. I have already set the rp in Japan.

Anyway it doesn't have to be a Kpop person, I just meant more like that amount of fame. Like even if you do not know Kpop you do know the name BTS (or at least most people have heard that name). Or like the fame the Kardashians have. So just someone that would be recognized on the street and have some paparazzi following them around.

Makes sense to me. ^^ I've heard of both BTS (thanks to this site, lmao) and the Kardashians.

Makes sense to me. ^^ I've heard of both BTS (thanks to this site, lmao) and the Kardashians.
See, that is what I mean XD I too know a lot of Kpop idols and bands by name because of rp XD Kardashians I know from social media. So I take it you will take the idol role then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back