• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FTK: Blue's House Curriculum (open)

Lupa looked up when the room was called to attention. She gave a polite clap when he finished his speech than made her way to Great Illusions with Professor Leland Ulrich. Once again she selected a seat in the middle if the second row. As she waited she alternated between looking around the room for a familiar face and continuing to try and Cox Loki from around her left arm and into literally any other position but the snake seemed to have ether fallen asleep or was playing dead for some reason. Finaly she managed to get him begrudgingly into her hands.

The staff couldn't wait to get rid of this bitchy rich girl. The portal chamber was full of students who already had first period together, and were already forming bonds on their own. She saw a group of sad looking vampire kids standing by the walls, including a familiar face she didn't want bothering her. That only made it more annoying when Vynn ran right over towards her.
"Hey cousin Ellie, you should come meet my new friends. Some older kids picked on them and threatened to kill them, even! Drevin over there got beat up, and now we're talking revenge! Please help em, cousin!"

As she walked into the portal room and mentally sighed as she recognized her cousin who ran up to her "Hello Cousin Vynn and please you should know that my mother and father was killed, so in other words I'm Countess Ellevene, but I'm feeling nice since you are my cousin you can call me Ellevene." She said calmly before clearing her throat she mentally sighed again as Vynn asked her to help get some revenge on some older kids bullying his new friends. Her eyes brightened for a moment as a plan formed in her head "Very well Cousin Vynn, I shall help you and your friends, it would be my pleasure" she said with a smile wide enough to show off her fangs

Oh no. She wasn't going to have this conversation already. She needed at least a couple friends and telling everyone about her rich background would ruin it. Minerva pretended not to hear the question, busying herself by pretending to count the number in the group. Dingle peered at Minerva, head cocked. Minerva waved a hand, catching the group's attention. "Alright, that was enough of a distraction. Let's keep heading up!"

The group walked through the woods. About halfway through the journey, the elf man looked at Minerva and spoke. "TillFOIvi Sirjgos?" Then he paused. "Oh, apologies. I asked, How much farther is the tower?"

As she walked into the portal room and mentally sighed as she recognized her cousin who ran up to her "Hello Cousin Vynn and please you should know that my mother and father was killed, so in other words I'm Countess Ellevene, but I'm feeling nice since you are my cousin you can call me Ellevene." She said calmly before clearing her throat she mentally sighed again as Vynn asked her to help get some revenge on some older kids bullying his new friends. Her eyes brightened for a moment as a plan formed in her head "Very well Cousin Vynn, I shall help you and your friends, it would be my pleasure" she said with a smile wide enough to show off her fangs

Tolli gasped. "Uncle and auntie are... d-dead?" the boy's face fell and he looked like he'd cry. He was mature enough to hold it back but the news had definitely shaken him.

Drevin was watching silently. The students were crowding the front end of the portal chamber. His eyes were on Ellevene. She was absolutely stunning to look at. His cold heart was beating out of rhythm. Their eyes met after Tolli pointed her in his direction. He tried to play cool and show no emotions, yet his eyes wandered the room.

Lupa looked up when the room was called to attention. She gave a polite clap when he finished his speech than made her way to Great Illusions with Professor Leland Ulrich. As she waited she alternated between looking around the room for a familiar face and continuing to try and Cox Loki from around her left arm and into literally any other position but the snake seemed to have ether fallen asleep or was playing dead for some reason. Finaly she managed to get him begrudgingly into her hands.

The room was built with two long rows of tables and seats. She was seated in the lower
The room was filling slowly with interested students. Lupa didn't see anybody from vampire homeroom yet.
There was a girl with black hair wearing her blue robe tied around her waist. Her blouse was fiery red with a yellow kercheif. She walked around the back and sat behind Lupa.
"Is that a snake?" The girl asked with a worried tone. She seemed scared of the creature who was being handled by her owner.
The Professor wasn't in yet, so she could handle this any way she saw fit.

Lupa turned at the sound of a Girls voice behind her. " Yes, this is Loki, and I am Lupa. Loki is harmless so long as neither of us are threatened." She petted the snake in what she poked was a reassuring gesture. "You could try petting him if you want, he's a little tired right now, or if you'd rather I'll keep him infront of me during this class insted of letting him hang on my shoulders like he normally does" she smiled pleasantly trying to put the girl at ease.

Minerva frowned, "We're almost there. Maybe another hour?" She looked to Rose, "You're a tracker right? Or used to be. Anyway, how much further?" Dingle squawked from up above, flapping noislessly over their heads. "Ah, Dingle says about another mile and a half to go. We're almost there everyone!" She brushed the sweat out of her eyes, legs feeling numb and tingly from the long hike.

Lupa turned at the sound of a Girls voice behind her. " Yes, this is Loki, and I am Lupa. Loki is harmless so long as neither of us are threatened." She petted the snake in what she poked was a reassuring gesture. "You could try petting him if you want, he's a little tired right now, or if you'd rather I'll keep him infront of me during this class insted of letting him hang on my shoulders like he normally does" she smiled pleasantly trying to put the girl at ease.
The girl cried out in fright and revulsion at the thing. The less she saw that snake, the better.
A teen with a shaved head approached the pair. His head was small and ears big and round like a dwarf.
"Ma'am, could you put it away and move aside?" He looked sternly at Lupa.
Class was starting, and the no animals policy was in place for the lecture.
Leland entered the room and started unpacking his briefcase. He was tall and statue-like. Most described him as an old man with a long white beard.
"Okay, illusions... wanna see something cool?" Leland asked the students. Suddenly, the old man exploded in a cloud of white fog.
The smoke moved densely upwards and spread around the ceiling. Then, the smoke changed color.
In mere moments, the teacher was an oak tree. A yellow parakeet sat on a low hanging branch.
"Bwa ha ha... I still got it... you'd never find me in a forest." the tree spoke with the old man's voice.

Minerva frowned, "We're almost there. Maybe another hour?" She looked to Rose, "You're a tracker right? Or used to be. Anyway, how much further?" Dingle squawked from up above, flapping noislessly over their heads. "Ah, Dingle says about another mile and a half to go. We're almost there everyone!" She brushed the sweat out of her eyes, legs feeling numb and tingly from the long hike.
Rose looked over at Minerva, not turning to make eye contact but just glaring at her from a distance.
She was thinking, "Oh, is quiet time over, now you wanna talk?"

Robert looked up at the sky, trying to find the raven she was listening to. "How can you understand what the bird says?"
Rose cut in between them, "Its magic, dumb ass. Don't you have a familiar?"
"I am not dumb, its a good question." He shot back.
"Well you're wasting your time. Minerva has a secret and isn't making friends today."
"A secret?" Robert sounded confused, yet curious.

Lupa was embarrassed, she didn't want to argue with the professor though so she carefully put Loki in a pocket in her robe. Where he still had access to her but was out of sight. As she straight up she saw the professor still unpacking so she pulled out things to take notes.
When the professor turned into a tree she was in awe, and eager to learn for herself. As the lecture began she eagerly wrote down notes in her manner that was organized to her but liked chaotic to others.

Dingle landed noisily on Minerva's outstreched, hopping onto her shoulder to nibble at her hair. The white-haired girl said nothing, though she knew that Rose and Robert were talking about her. Fine. It was better to make enemies this way. Then competeing against these students would be no problem and she would easily reach first. She continued forward, leaving the group behind.

"Only a little further now!"

Dingle landed noisily on Minerva's outstreched, hopping onto her shoulder to nibble at her hair. The white-haired girl said nothing, though she knew that Rose and Robert were talking about her. Fine. It was better to make enemies this way. Then competeing against these students would be no problem and she would easily reach first. She continued forward, leaving the group behind.

"Only a little further now!"

"Oh come on, you're just saying rubbish." Robert spoke as Min charged off ahead. He started running too. Since Min wanted to make this a race, he'd try to be number one.
QUickly, he caught up to Min. He was still a quick young man without his magical upgrades.
"On your right." He said and jogged up past.
The tower was appearing through the trees and middle distance.

Lupa was embarrassed, she didn't want to argue with the professor though so she carefully put Loki in a pocket in her robe. Where he still had access to her but was out of sight. As she straight up she saw the professor still unpacking so she pulled out things to take notes.
When the professor turned into a tree she was in awe, and eager to learn for herself. As the lecture began she eagerly wrote down notes in her manner that was organized to her but liked chaotic to others.

Leland had taught them that pursuit of the arts leads to a gateway of powerful illusion magics.
Sunlight, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Drought. Natural forms take shape in Draconic runes.
"So, this is the first day. If any of you haven't cast spells before, please come to my desk and we'll get you prepared."
The snake hater approached the desk. "My name's Daphne Brillo. I didn't really cast anything last period.. ".She started drawing runes on a page, then protracted her circles.
She held a candle and put a hand on the scroll. The inscriptions started glowing,. The candle flame started billowing black, and grew hotter and darker. A storm cloud was forming from the smoke. Soon the smoke was completely surrounding Daphne. She was invisible.
"H-hey! This is really cool." She said.
The professor chuckled.

Last edited:
Lupa walked up to the desk but kept her distance form the Ophidiophobiact. When it was her turn she spoke to the professor "I've kinda cast spells before, my Dad used to make me try. " she then focused and drew the runes out on her left hand insted of the paper to show the professor. Like she did in her last period she trusted her feelings but this time she was torn betwen the sents of salt water and stone so she paused and looked at the professor for direction.

Lupa walked up to the desk but kept her distance form the Ophidiophobiact. When it was her turn she spoke to the professor "I've kinda cast spells before, my Dad used to make me try. " she then focused and drew the runes out on her left hand insted of the paper to show the professor. Like she did in her last period she trusted her feelings but this time she was torn betwen the sents of salt water and stone so she paused and looked at the professor for direction.
Leland smiled and coaxed her in the direction of stone. Once she was ready, the spell would create a stone image of anything she desired at time of cast.
Daphne appeared at her desk and was writing notes. Her first experience was extraordinary.
The big eared man approached Lupa.
”You could try turning your snake into a stave.Imagine the look on their face when it changes back.” He chuckled.

Lupa leans gently twords the direction of stone and on instinct knelt and she finished the runes making herself into a realistically sized rock on the ground. After celebrating in her head she relesed the spell and rise from her crouch. As she stood she heard Loki hiss at her. She smiled at the professor, "I don't think Loki, my snake, wold appreciate that. Did I, did I do it right though?" She asked, she thought so but she wasn't shure. She tried again and this time didn't kneel but bowd her head and pictured a gravestone angel.

Lupa leans gently twords the direction of stone and on instinct knelt and she finished the runes making herself into a realistically sized rock on the ground. After celebrating in her head she relesed the spell and rise from her crouch. As she stood she heard Loki hiss at her. She smiled at the professor, "I don't think Loki, my snake, wold appreciate that. Did I, did I do it right though?" She asked, she thought so but she wasn't shure. She tried again and this time didn't kneel but bowd her head and pictured a gravestone angel.
The stone wings took shape. The face was round with a braided circle of hair and flowers growing through its stone.
The professor admired her craft by rubbing his chin and smirking. Then, he shook his head.
"Its nice, but be careful you don't draw too much attention. If I had a sword, it would pierce you, rather than real stone. I see your snake." He pointed at the statue's head. The flowers shivered. Her snake was telling her that she was spotted. Its sensory input remained connected to her even as it was effected by the spell. Lupa surely felt like she could change her snake's shape at will if she had the magical strength of her blood to channel. Loki, the changeling. His familiar strength with his master had deepened.

Lupa changed back and smild in triumph, she thought to herself 'I know what he means but who is going to stab a grave marker'. With a surge of confidence she desided to try changing Loki, she pulled him into her hands where he could around them and she focused on changing him into a boque of roses.

Lupa changed back and smiled in triumph, she thought to herself 'I know what he means but who is going to stab a grave marker'. With a surge of confidence she desired to try changing Loki, she pulled him into her hands where he could around them and she focused on changing him into a bouquet of roses.
The snake turned into a single red rose with lots of leaves. The ability wasn't able to create more than a snake's body composition. Splitting the item would cause the snake harm if lost. Many small flowers could only be made through a short stream of vines.

Lucy smiled at the rose, it was yellow very firing for the day, then she dropped the spell and her snake was back. Loki was not anused with her but he didn't look angry ether, just annoyed. Lupa walked with him back to her spot and wrote down more notes before continuing to practice on both herself and Loki who seemed to mind less and less each time.

Leland spoke to the class.
"Okay everyone. I have paint and plenty of brushes. We're going to draw in groups."
The stages were donned with fresh parchment cut to scroll length.
Daphne looked over at Lupa and smiled. "You're pretty hardcore with the magic stuff, huh? Can you show me the shapeshift runes you picked up? I like stealth. I'm thinking of joining the Arcane Forces..."

Lupa tucked Loki back into her robes before addressing Daphne "My Dad used to grill me on it, I had to learn a method of channeling magic fast to appease him. Its honestly all a lot about feeling for me but I can try to show you. The only thing I can think to say is that it's your magic so let it be personal that and as cheesey as it sounds trust your gut atlest that is what I do. " then she held out her left hand and let he mind draw the runs on her palm. With her right she held Loki in her pocket.

Tolli gasped. "Uncle and auntie are... d-dead?" the boy's face fell and he looked like he'd cry. He was mature enough to hold it back but the news had definitely shaken him.

Drevin was watching silently. The students were crowding the front end of the portal chamber. His eyes were on Ellevene. She was absolutely stunning to look at. His cold heart was beating out of rhythm. Their eyes met after Tolli pointed her in his direction. He tried to play cool and show no emotions, yet his eyes wandered the room.

"Oh my, my apologies cousin, I thought everyone in the family knew, but yes quite unfortunately I am the Countess, mother and father were killed by some two-bit good for nothing scum buckets of hunters!" She said going into a yell and scarily baring her fangs before calming down and putting her fangs away "Sorry dear, I did not mean to scare you but I just get so angry when I think about what happened. I also have some more bad news to tell you" Tears came to her eyes as she bit her own finger "The dog you got me for my birthday a few years ago? Well unfortunately he protected me and was sadly..." She couldn't finish as more tears rolled down her face, as from her parasol came down a ghost dog with multiple holes in it's body and one in it's head as jump and floated around Elle

"A-as you can see, he is only partially ok, his spirit lives on at least" She says as she wipes away tears and turns back into the pristine doll she always looked like "Now if you excuse me cousin I shall introduce myself to your friends. Elle whistled for the dog to follow as she walked over to the group "Dreary day to you all, I am Countess Ellevene Marline, hehe so you are all some form of vampire, how interesting, fuhuhuhuhu" She said as her laugh revealed her own fangs to the group

Lupa tucked Loki back into her robes before addressing Daphne "My Dad used to grill me on it, I had to learn a method of channeling magic fast to appease him. Its honestly all a lot about feeling for me but I can try to show you. The only thing I can think to say is that it's your magic so let it be personal that and as cheesey as it sounds trust your gut atlest that is what I do. " then she held out her left hand and let he mind draw the runs on her palm. With her right she held Loki in her pocket.
Daphne nodded and started drawing her own runes.
"I'm sorry for embarrassing you. I'm scared of two things. Snakes and vampires. The fangs..." a shiver went down her spine. "I guess I have to get over my fears if I'm going to be in the A.A.F., right?" she chuckled nervously. "I wish I had magic parents. A green robe found me on the streets, had me light a magestone to see that I had the attunement to become a mage. This is like, a second chance for me to get my life together."

"Oh my, my apologies cousin, I thought everyone in the family knew, but yes quite unfortunately I am the Countess, mother and father were killed by some two-bit good for nothing scum buckets of hunters!" She said going into a yell and scarily baring her fangs before calming down and putting her fangs away "Sorry dear, I did not mean to scare you but I just get so angry when I think about what happened. I also have some more bad news to tell you" Tears came to her eyes as she bit her own finger "The dog you got me for my birthday a few years ago? Well unfortunately he protected me and was sadly..." She couldn't finish as more tears rolled down her face, as from her parasol came down a ghost dog with multiple holes in it's body and one in it's head as jump and floated around Elle

"A-as you can see, he is only partially ok, his spirit lives on at least" She says as she wipes away tears and turns back into the pristine doll she always looked like "Now if you excuse me cousin I shall introduce myself to your friends. Elle whistled for the dog to follow as she walked over to the group "Dreary day to you all, I am Countess Ellevene Marline, hehe so you are all some form of vampire, how interesting, fuhuhuhuhu" She said as her laugh revealed her own fangs to the group

Vynn was sad but a little happy that his gift had ended up saving her life. Serving in the afterlife was okay in his eyes. At least the puppy gets to see its master.
"I told my cousin you got beat up by the bullies, so she's gonna help." Vynn said.
Drevin looked up at the beautiful countess and his face turned pink. "I-I did not get beat up! We just had a good scrape... and they were threatening Lupa, who did nothing wrong."
He was sweaty and nervous. "You said you're a countess huh? Am I supposed to bow or kneel? Also, why are you in the blue robes school? Don't you have a domain to watch over?"
He was genuinely curious about her. A vampire countess at Phoenixblood was a rare thing to hear. She didn't appear in homeroom, so that made Drevin a little unsure about her legitimacy.

Lupa gave a nervous chuckle "we are ether going to be good friends or spend the rest of the year avoiding each other. I'm what thay call a Pail face, I think. I'm still new to the terminology but I have vampire blood, enough to put me in the Vampire Home room. And a snake. Nether of us have fangs thow." She gave what she hoped was a reassuring smile.

Daphne nodded silently. “A pale one? I’ve heard about them. Seems like at some point you could just get a tan and leave the vampire stuff behind. Are you immortal or whatever?”
The details were unclear, but it was possible she had an extended lifespan like that of an elf.

Vynn was sad but a little happy that his gift had ended up saving her life. Serving in the afterlife was okay in his eyes. At least the puppy gets to see its master.
"I told my cousin you got beat up by the bullies, so she's gonna help." Vynn said.
Drevin looked up at the beautiful countess and his face turned pink. "I-I did not get beat up! We just had a good scrape... and they were threatening Lupa, who did nothing wrong."
He was sweaty and nervous. "You said you're a countess huh? Am I supposed to bow or kneel? Also, why are you in the blue robes school? Don't you have a domain to watch over?"
He was genuinely curious about her. A vampire countess at Phoenixblood was a rare thing to hear. She didn't appear in homeroom, so that made Drevin a little unsure about her legitimacy.
"Hehe yes I am and while normally I'd ask for either, we are more less equals at Phoneixblood, granted the way I'm using it just means I'm not expecting you to wait on me and the like" She said before she coughed to clear her throat "Actual sir my domain is exactly why I'm wearing the schools robes I am only sixteen so while I am Countess I am not powerful enough to keep my domain safe" She explained in such a way that to her of seemed obvious as to why she was here "Hmm a Lupa well, well colour me surprised seems like your friend cousin, is hiding a good heart behind that cold exterior"

Lupa Laughed and said " I wish, it would saved me from a lot of bullying. the Vamp stuff is genetic. And I can't tan or spend to long in the sun without geting sick for that mater. As for immortal, I have absolutely idea." She twisted her earring before saying "so um, what are we soposed to be drawing?"

Lupa Laughed and said " I wish, it would saved me from a lot of bullying. the Vamp stuff is genetic. And I can't tan or spend to long in the sun without geting sick for that mater. As for immortal, I have absolutely idea." She twisted her earring before saying "so um, what are we soposed to be drawing?"

Daphne felt bad for her earlier outburst, especially now that she knew Lupa had dealt with bullying. The girl still seemed upbeat and interested in the world around her. Her attitude made Daphne smile.
“I think he wants us to draw scrolls, or practice our rune drawing?” Daphne didn’t sound too sure herself.
Leland heard them talking and approached.
“You may do that, or you could draw whatever comes to mind. The arts will help you construct better illusions... here, let’s try this”
The professor stuck his staff out towards the center of the room and produced a short column with a clay bowl full of fruit sitting on it.
“Still life drawings are a great exercise. I recommend it for anyone looking to pursue the illusionary domain for focus study.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back