• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FTK: Blue's House Curriculum (open)

"Hi" lupa said in response than added "Its your fault for being human, I have mild light sensitivity so that would have been a no go for me. I found the library thought." Then she looked outside and said "We should head to dinner, I was so caught up in reading, and now I'm hungry. Plus I need to work out after dinner now that she sun isn't so bad." She stood up "You can come yell at me if you want. But first food" than she grabed LokI befoer going and picking Daphne up bridal style and said pretending to charge "For Food!" Befoer stopping infront of the door incase Daphne wanted to which to piggy back or walk on her own.

Daphne let out a wild yelp as she was lifted off the bed. “Put me down or I’ll hide garlic on your plate!” She demanded and was set down at the door.

The Dining Hall was available from the portal chamber. Upon entering, Lupa would find many long tables set up in a candle lit hall. Most of the seats were empty as dinner had just been called. Near the front of the line was an old man in a gray robe with a long white beard.
“Hey, I think that’s the headmaster.” Daphne pointed towards him. The man moved carefully and laughed at something one of the cooks said.
A few guests behind him was a tall woman with a blonde ponytail, track pants and a white t-shirt. She had a look on her face like something smelled bad.
“And see her? That’s Shepherd. Someone in Athletics said she’s in the Arcane Forces. Maybe that’s why she was so tough on me. Military types are hardcore, and being a wizard too makes you hardest of hardcore.”
Daphne looked fired up. She was definitely talking about this professor like she was big news.
The two of them got in line. Shepherd walked by the line with her tray of food. A steak with side of greens.
“H-hi there, Captain.” Daphne said. The professor’s blue eyes landed on the pair, but she seemed more interested in Lupa.
“Good evening, Blues.” Shepherd said plainly, then recognized Daphne by her hair.
“I see you’re still standing after my course. I must not have pushed you hard enough.” Shepherd spoke almost as if the girl was in trouble.
“A-Ah no ma’am your class was very strenuous. My friend Lupa here had to drag me to dinner.” She laughed nervously. Shepherd stared into Lupa’s eyes with her icy penetrative glare.
“Lupa, I hope to see you at my athletics course soon. A well rounded wizard needs physical stamina for when spells fail them. Magic won’t stop the world from spinning, nor entanglement of fate. Good day.”
She was gone as quickly as she appeared. Daphne breathed a sigh of relief and then started looking at food options.

Lupa stared at the meat options she skipped chicken and insted got a rare cut of Stake then she looked right at Daphne and grabed two pieces of garlic bread, then some broccoli. Then she wated for Daphne and sat down next to her and looked her right in the eye before taking a bite of Gaelic bread and saying "Mmm good, its grate the garlic thing only affects full vampires" she teased.

Daphne started laughing. She hadn’t expected that from Lupa, but they were quickly becoming good friends.

Someone sat down quickly next to Lupa. It was Drevin with a rare steak on his plate.
“Hi Lupa... something smells awful. Is that garlic?” He asked, looking at the bread like he’d be sick.
Daphne looked a little surprised and worried when Drevin sat down. Right away she was unnerved by his red eyes and fangs. This was her vampire friend Lupa mentioned before. Daphne wasn’t sure what to do.

"Yes, it's garlic bread, and before you get all huffy this is my consolation for not having a title like most vampires do" then she took another bite befoer setting the bread down. Once she swallowed she smild and said "Dreven I'd like you to meet Daphne, my new friend and roommate. Daphne, this is Dreven. yes he's a vampire. no he is not going to eat you. And Dreven I sware if you make any jokes about doing so I'll shove my bread in your mouth and deal with the consequences." Then she cut into her rare stake, before posing and saying " I just realized your going to hate when I feed Loki, I need to mate shure to do it when you aren't around" befer putting the bite in her mouth.

Drevin let out a big breath and looked at Daphne.
“She’s pretty protective. Earlier today she got in between a fight I was having with some older students.”

“Oh... so you were outnumbered, then?”
“Yes. Cowards feel tough in groups. Lots of people here don’t like vampires.”

“Well I-I understand a little about that.” Daphne said. “Sometimes you’re so weak that a gang feels like a smart choice, especially in an unfamiliar place. Strength in numbers and all that.”

Drevin ate his rare steak and looking rather bored. He shifted away from Lupa because the smell of garlic was upsetting him. She had eaten it but now it was in her sweat glands.

“Yeah, that’s what homeroom taught us. They want us huddled together, ripe for the culling. I believe in individual strength, which is why I spent all day trying to perfect my hand focus. Behold”

Drevin showed his hand to Lupa, and inside the circle was an intriguing web of lines and runic markings.

“I call it Phantom Guard, and nobody will bully me again now that I have this.” Drevin gave a toothy grin. The spell would create an invisible force around the user and push away anything which it deems a threat.

“Wow, cool” Daphne said, then turned to Lupa. “How about you, did you learn any useful spells yet?”

"other than the illusions from class? Not realy but I whent to the library and took a bunch of notes on Illusions. So I'll be working with those. I thought my grave marker was clever. I know what the professor said but who is going to stab a stone angel?" Lupa said. Befoer eating some more, she was hungry. Then she turnd to Daphne and said "You might want to close your ears for a moment" before asking Dreven "how do thay handle blood here? Do you know? I'm guessing my synthetic blood will he handled the same way. Back home I just kept it in a box in the fridge, and wild poor a bag into a bottle or cup in the morning."

Drevin shrugged. “No idea. The whole campus has been a confusing mess today. I’d check with the nurse before going back to your dorm.”

Meanwhile Daphne had covered her ears and was humming a tune.

“Are you craving now” he asked. “Because I have some left.” He patted himself down until he found it. A vial half full of blood. The real stuff.
“Oh. I think this will be too much for you. It’s not diluted or anything.” He had the vial cupped in his hands beneath the table. This was hot merchandise he was holding. Earlier when he was clutching himself under the kicking feet, he did so because he had precious blood stored on his person.

“Are you two done being gross yet?” Daphne asked with eyes and ears shut.

"I don't drink real blood Dreven, the stuff I drink is made in a lab especially for me I need to get testing done twice a year to keep the formula right for me, thank you for the offer thow. Its ment to give me the benefits of blood you get and I need, and I dont know that happens if I drink the real stuff." She smiled greatly then the gently pulled Daphne's hands away before asking him "I was going to work out after diner now the sun is down, do you want to join me? We can go after we, or well I, ask the nurse." Then she paused and put Daphne's hand back on her ear with an apologetic smile. "I hope she let's me keep it in my room or something, its easiest for me to drink it out of a reusable water bottle or a coffee cup so I don't have to chug it all at once. "

Drevin chuckled. “Alright, but I’ll tell you, this stuff will make me stronger than the headmaster himself. Don’t be ashamed if I outpace you.”

Daphne opened her eyes after Drevin put the vial back in his pocket.
”You will have to learn to deal with blood if you’re going to befriend vampires, Daphne.” Drevin said to her. “We revel in the dark and macabre. If you cannot face it, you’ll be an inferior wizard because of it.”
Daphne frowned at him, but couldn’t necessarily disagree. The thought had been in her head all afternoon. Plus, the tough nature of Captain Shepherd’s class was driving her to face new challenges.

“Lupa isn’t that scary. The only thing I worry about is her getting mixed up in bad crowds.”

“Oh, bad like vampires?”

“No, bad like boys who think with their little pricks instead of their head.” She smiled big and bit a stalk of asparagus.

Lupa said with a strate face " what makes you think I like guy's?" as she spered some broccoli. Then she smild and said "Becase I do." Then laughed before saying "and in all seriousness, if I get a boyfriend. I'll let both of you threaten him. And I'm making at least one of you tag along on our fisrt few dates. And obviously I'm doing the same for you wather then want me to or not" then she ate her broccoli like the mater was closed.

Daphne shook her head. She’d make sure the boys were watching her as she kicked ass through the Blue Dragon Tournament later this summer.

Drevin joined Lupa when it was time to leave for the evening class. “You shouldn’t even think about finding dates when there’s so much magic to learn The young man said as he followed Lupa. There was only one night athletics course available. Gymnasium with Shepherd.

The indoor equipment rooms were full of every fitness need. This evening, Shepherd was sitting on a medicine ball stretching her calves. Her hair was tied in a ponytail and she had forgone the robe. Gym rooms and clothes were easily accessible for the young students.

“Make sure you stretch before entering my domain. I promise I won’t go easy on you novices.” Professor Shepherd wasn’t kidding. She knew vampire kin were durable and had high stamina after a fresh consuming of blood. She had battled them in her youth, and tonight Shepherd was going to train them to fight for her country.

Lupa whent and changed into black workout leggings that stoped mid caf and a gray fited tanktop with a sports bra and runing shoes he had broken in back home than she branded her hair and came out to stretch. She started with starting stretches and moved to sit to keep stretching she stressed both to warm up her muscles and for flexibility. She waved Dreven over and and asked him so press on her back for one of the stretches.

The Captain drew a circle around the medicine ball and her hands started glowing. She lifted the heavy sand ball with one hand and tossed it towards Drevin. The dhampir lad wore a loose t-shirt and shorts with sneakers. His hand flashed and a spell circle at least twelve inches diameter took shape. He shot the ball back at her. Shepherd caught the medicine ball and grunted. She lifted it up. The thing had all of its mass, but tossing it around was easy enough with magic.

"Counterspell, huh? You've got a knack for somatics...
Watch the elbows and wrists, and copy your target's movements. Do it properly, Luna. Catch!"
The captain performed the Gravity spell and threw the medicine ball at Lupa. She'd have only a few seconds to react.

Lupa moved her body under the ball and pushed it up and forward twords the professor from her chest by extending her arms and powering with her legs. It was a mundane move but still effective as she had done it before both in and out of water. She stepped back into place when she was done with the action.

Professor Shepherd wasn't expecting her to return the shot so easily, but she had! The Captain did a straight backwards cartwheel, touching the medicine ball with the ball of her foot. The spell circle took shape and rocketed up high in the air. Before either of them knew it, Drevin was flying towards the ball and returned it back at the captain. Though, when he hit the ball, caused the thing to change color and was now solid yellow.
Finishing her cartwheel, the professor stood up straight. The medicine ball came smashing down on the ground a foot away from Samantha.
"Alright, that's enough of that." She was panting and wide eyed. If his aim were a little better, she would've been knocked out completely.
Drevin slid along the wall and dropped down. He rolled his shoulders and approached the ladies.

"In the heat of battle you don't have time to second guess yourself." the professor said. "Lupa, what do you think Drevin did wrong in this scenario?"
"Huh, you're having her grade me?" Drevin asked.
"You'll speak when spoken to, novice. Drop and give me twenty push ups!" She stomped her foot and made the dhampir drop down.
"I'm waiting for an answer, Hearthorn" Captain said impatiently.

"He panicked, you need to be calm with casting a spell inorder to do it right or else your magic will go wonky and or do somthing unpredictable like his did. That's why cool under pressure is such a valued wizarding trait. He also got to cocky with his magic, you can't always rely on it." She said. She added internally that he was trying to be a show of, make himself look bigger and tuffer than he was insted of focusing on his strengths and working with those, it was bound to backfire like it did.

The professor nodded. “Yes, and in doing so left himself wide open to a counter attack by launching himself in the air like that. Still, he did a fine job. On your feet, blue” she snapped at him. Drevin rose. He hadn’t had much control over his free will at present. The domineering professor could make him do whatever she wanted, within reason.

“Alright. This isn’t a casting class, it’s for physical fitness, so make some use of this place.” The professor said and started jogging around the track. Drevin followed and started working up a sweat.

Lupa Lupa fallowd behind starting at a slow jog and gradually gaining speed. She started singing in her head and trying to focus on her breathing. She absolutely hated runing laps, she was fine with runing in that she liked the way it made her feel but she hated laps, that where to reparative and boring. She then Desided to try and pace her self with Dreven so she could try talking to him to keep her mind off the task.

Drevin looked at her briefly. “You think I’m too cocky? I saw an opportunity and I didn’t hesitate. Next time I won’t miss on purpose.” He held his head up and started jogging faster.

She sped up to match him, she knew she could handle this pace still she had run faster back home bit not for long she wasnt good at distances"I... Think...your.......a person....Dreven.... everyone.....gets cocky....I....do...think.....you...are....trying....to hard...I....think...you...are...amazing....and you....should....just..be....yourself....I'm...older..than....you....I've....scene....more....had....more....experience...." she then slowed down a little, she was good with grunt and speed not stamina.

"Huh? Older?" Drevin asked. He slowed down just enough for Lupa to overtake him on the lap.

"Tired already, Carlisle?" Shepherd asked as she passed by. He grunted and started up again.

The captain ran ahead of Lupa as well. Once she was a decent distance away, she touched the ground with her hand, and the whole track started lifting upwards like a ramp.

"Nope.... nope....nope...nope." said Lupa under her breath as she started uphill slowing significantly. Uphill running was definitely not within her skillset. She gave it her all but she was slow. She looked over at Dreven to see how he was doing.

Drevin seemed to be gaining momentum with every step. His eyes were flashing red. Lupa reached the apex of the incline and saw a good fall ahead. It was probably ten or twelve feet down.

Lupa began the decline, strung to jog but soon loosing control. As she neared the bottom she tripped and skinned the side of her hand. She wasn't phased however and she got right back up and started jogging again shaking her head ruefully as she Aproched the next hill. She did lower her hand to whipe the blood onto her leggings, they were black so even if it didn't come out no one would know. It had completely slipped her mind that the fact she was bleeding may possibly effect Dreven, she didn't think about that side of him and just saw him as her friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back