• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Golden Path

Cluilia Calogera.png
Cluilia Calogera

E Grade Character

Titles: Human, Merchant, Dealer

mentions: Novama Novama @Ian Temero conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy @EMIYAman upscalerat upscalerat

Abillities/cooldown
  • Lets Make a deal - Business F, Empathy F, Persuasion F - Due to her years as a business woman she tries to persuade her clients into making a deal and trying to empathize with them in the hopes she will get a deal. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Actions

Cluilia watched as the bandits finally broke and started to run. Letting out a small sigh she quickly wrapped up her razor whip and tucked it away; looking around, she saw the bodies of the dead pikeman, though there didn't seem to be much time to do much of anything for the dead. When the group offered their thanks Cluilia brushed it off as she returned her attention to her guards. Surprisingly they had been worth the money she had invested into them. She then brought her gaze toward the sandman Jareth who was just now revealing himself from the sands that he created.

As their journey continued, Cluilia couldn't help but think about the attack. Usually, there wouldn't be that many bandits gathered in a single group. Could there be more to it? She thought upon this for a minute and several other times along the way as they continued to the border. As the lands gave way to more familiar terrain, meaning they were starting to get close to the Empire's border. She kept a watchful eye on the horizon not wanting to be completely caught off guard like they were during the last attack. The journey had no doubt taken its toll on those that made it, she couldn't help but notice the group didn't seem to have lost any morale when it came to their faith at least thus far.
As the border gate came into view Cluilia smiled as she knew once they were through the gates they would be in the Empire. Though with the strange assortment of traveling companions, she wasn't sure what the reaction was going to be. As they reached the gate itself and she saw the guards and how they acted she placed her hands on her hips and shook her head.
Well isn't this great well I suppose it doesn't seem like anyone else is going to do something. She thought to herself as she signaled her guards to follow her as she approached the captain of the gate.

"Captain, Cluilia Calogera we are looking to pass through the gate. I have merchandise that I would like to get through the border and my merchandise is easier sold if sold in their prime," Cluilia introduced herself as she used Lets Make a deal. She was hoping they would at least be sober enough or at least not that high so they could at least do their job. But she did find the whole situation strange.

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy upscalerat upscalerat @EMIYAman
OOC: 1 memer skip
Time: 10:10am
Weather: clear with clouds. Despite the sun, weather is comfortably cool with the elevation and approach of autumn.
Cooldown:
TLDR: characters are shooting the breeze while the social characters try to negotiate passage
Post Listening:

East Empire Border Crossing

1695783652532-png.1116238

1692320659725-png.1109099
1692319623107-png.1109096

Michael, the embodiment of steadfast perseverance, felt his heart swirl with impatience and a silent longing as the caravan stopped before a guarded outpost, its occupants bathed in the light of comedic nonchalance. Their laughter rang like the rustle of leaves in the soft breeze, while their ignorance to the sun worshippers' presence seemed as boundless as the hills around them.

While diplomacy's dance unfolded before him, a silent symphony played within Michael, a delicate weave of persistence and silent musings, the rhythmic hum of magical metal echoing his every heartbeat. He crossed his arms and took a more leaned back stance, his gaze intertwined with the humorous spectacle of the East Empire soldiers, and the myriad wonders whispering beyond the horizon. "The world is vast, brimming with untold secrets, whispering winds, and dancing light. But here we are, waiting on incompetence and slackers," he thought, the magical metal within him humming in silent agreement.

Jareth’s voice broke Michael’s silent musings, the words painting images of another place, another time, perhaps a better one all things considered.

Michael’s gaze met Jareth’s, a soft chuckle dancing in his eyes, “Jareth, the world is filled with all kinds. These guards, they are probably the idiot kind.” His voice was a gentle breeze, a mutter just for Jareth, “Perhaps, their idiocy has its reason and purpose though.”

Michael suggested with a shrug, trying to be generous. He looked back at the fortress checkpoint, a time worn structure with the scars and decoration of use and occupation, “The Ryken guards, they were the silent watchers, the stern protectors. But these soldiers,” he chuckled softly, the magic within him dancing to his laughter, “perhaps they are this army's jesters stationed at an out of the way deadend outpost for that precise reason.”

Michael’s gaze remained fixed on the fortress, the hills beyond whispering tales of light and wonder, his heart a gentle dance of hope and perseverance.

Retili, serving as a diplomat with a demeanor fitting his position and polished mannerisms, approached them with a tone that was a blend of friendliness and professionalism. Although, to the guards, he looked like he belonged to a tapestry of fantastical creatures, filled with magical allure and otherworldly aura.

Before a semi-coherent response could be formed, Cluilia had approached them. Cluilia, obviously mistaking the whimsical guard with the leaf for someone of higher rank, and made her desire known. Her presence was like a fresh breeze of temptation and opportunity to the guards, who were visibly interested in sin and all manner of vice.

“Oh, a captain, am I? Well, it’s about time someone noticed my leadership potential,” mused the guard whimsically, waving his spear with a newfound sense of purpose, “and ‘merchandise’ you say? Do go on…” The possibility of benefits and favors loomed in the guards' minds, overshadowing the more impending risks of their neglected duties. Seemed the guards forgot or simply ignored the inhuman looking Retili in favor of a more attractive woman with valuables.

(🐙 squibmkl)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Point Booster: Attentive Student E
20230926_222457.png
TLDR: Squink goes to try and help Cluilia, and also make frens with both her and the guard
Mentions: Novama Novama saxon saxon

Squink was left to twiddle with her own thumbs as she gave a moment to watch others walk up in attempts to interact with the guards as it didn't seem like there was going to be any immediate progress made. Unknowing how long their stop would be, she decided to try and make the most of it. Since others were busy talking amongst eachother or with the guard, Squink considered trying to get on good terms with someone who had picked up her interest but hadn't much conversation at all with them yet.

Squink slowly walked up and listened in on what was being spoken between Cluilia and the guard to see if she was disturbing anything only to hear that she was saying something about her own merchandise that caught the interest of the guard. Squink was interested not primarily in the goods the merchant had, but to learn from her the ways of social conversation and dealing. She seemed like she had much experience with the subject and Squink didn't know if Cluilia would be opposed to telling of some secrets. Besides, at the beginning of the trip the merchant had offered to help people find work if they requested of which was an offer Squink was considering.

"O-oh, sorry to interrupt-" Squink said as she had came over, giving a small bow of her head in respect to them both.
"I couldn't help but hear you talking about your own business and I was curious in asking if you had any guidance about confidence and dealings you could give to someone inexperienced? You also offered about work at the destination, and I was curious on what you might be able to help with... " Squink asked, knowing that she shouldn't ruin the efforts of Cluilia as the ilithid looked to the guard she was talking with and lending her own support.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Guard, since our little caravan trip has stopped here for the moment I hope things can go nicely. I've travelled with this woman for a little while and she feels very trustable and reliable, so I would be inclined to believe that she is honest and kind, and truthful about the quality of her products. Umm... you w-wouldn't happen to know why everything is stopped do you?" Squink spoke as she used her own advantages to try and help assist Cluilia's own matters and to try and win favour in the merchant's eyes so that their own interactions might go better.

Actions
1. Use Cunning Charm on the Guard to befriend him and help Cluilia's merchanty deal stuff go better. Cunning Charm: Seduction (F) + Empathy (F) + Telepathy (F) - Persuade or influence someone through exploit of sex appeal, social understanding and knowledge of their current emotions (F Grade)

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet Novama Novama Clyvelle Clyvelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy upscalerat upscalerat saxon saxon @NimbusWing

tldr; Retili is frustrated by the untimely interruption of Cluilia and approaches another guard to rectify the situation.

Retili's respectful approach was going well, until it wasn't as Cluilia stepped forward and completely sucked the political suaveness which he had used to approach straight out of the situation. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth in annoyance and cast around for someone else that would take him a little more seriously. Then Squink approached and started talking to both Cluilia and the guard. Through a strong turn of will he prevented himself from planting his face in his palm as Squink's approach started off poorly. This was really not the time to be asking about work or advice, not when trying to negotiate the caravan past. The Illithid's secondary address to the guard would probably work much better if the guard didn't get further distracted though. Smoothly redressing his attitude he drew a silver coin from a pouch on his belt and tried to catch the attention of the next guard. He hoped this would go smoother. "I would appreciate it thoroughly if someone would be willing to fetch your captain so we could talk to them. I am eager to expedite this process, so there'd be a reward for anyone willing to do so quickly too." He honeyed his tone and used all the skill that his time working with soldiers and nobility in the Ryke afforded him. [skill use, Noble Bearing D]

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare E, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Barony] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe D - Insight D, Perception E, Empathy E, Persuasion D - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters. On cooldown, 1 post
  • Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility. - On cooldown, 2 posts

Oden (#ACA9A7)

8d491482b176d554d15e03d22091dab0.jpg
Character Sheet
upscalerat upscalerat
TLDR: Oden responds and chats with Kyra whilst watching the events unfold between the guards and her other expedition members.

Kyra's quiet approach was a little unexpected, but with the others stepping forth, Oden was glad to have the company. Turning to the armoured human, she pondered slightly before responding. "I do not know much on the Eastern Empire's matters. All I really know, or care about, is the fact that they enslave my kind. So I can't say I have any outside knowledge." She spoke carefully, unsure of the state of the empire's military situation or other similar matters.

"But to me so far, these just look like your average indolent idlers... if a bit more delusional than most. You know, the ones that hold their position but do not really care for it. Only holding their job to get by and nothing more." She gave her answer simply, even as she watched a guard wave their invisible orchestra and another sketch art on their defensive items. Oden had to admit, she strangely did not know many idlers, other than perhaps the lazier children in her classes, so she wasn't too sure if these were considered normal activities for such people.

"Whether they are afflicted by something or not, I have to admit, I'm not kind enough to care about what it is, as long as we can get through this border checkpoint unharmed." Oden concluded with a quiet glance toward her conversation partner. Her tone was light but wary, slightly subconsciously worried for Squink, her fellow beastkin, that was in much closer proximity to the guards.

Perhaps she was a little over paranoid, considering all the allies that surrounded them, but she had only ever heard the worst horror stories from the empire that stood before them. Survivors of slavery would return to Kuridan broken, not to mention those had disappeared and had yet to return.

Quietly watching the happenings before them, Oden could only pity their resident fae commander, Retili. Her heart went out to him, as she disdainfully watched the guard's attention flip with a turn of a hat at Cluilia's approach. Their eyes betrayed their greed, or perhaps, they weren't even trying to hide it. Shaking her head as their little Squink asked for advice at this moment, potentially delaying things further, the old owl wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

Cluilia Calogera.png
Cluilia Calogera

E Grade Character

mentions: Novama Novama @Ian Temero conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy @EMIYAman upscalerat upscalerat

Abilities/cooldown

Actions

Cluilia let out a small sigh as the guard spoke, No wonder these guards are all the way out here. I doubt many people even travel through this way. She thought to herself as the Ilithid approached, silently sending a chill down her spine every so slightly. As Squink asked her first question, Cluilia cocked an eyebrow and turned to face the Ilithid now. "Try until you succeed; I was raised to be a merchant. My family has been a merchant family for generations, that would be my advice," she concluded. "That would depend on what you are looking for; depending on what it is I can't help, and not to mention finding someone directly for you might be difficult depending on the circumstances," She stated before folding her arms across her chest. As Retili spoke up again, she turned her attention back toward the guards to see what they would do in this situation.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E | Human | Envoy of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara

Kyra nodded along to the owl woman's response. "Sure, I've had jobs I was just there for the paycheck before," she mused. It might have been a literal lifetime ago, but that still counted, didn't it? In this time, Cluilia had approached the guards, asking for passage on the basis of being a merchant. Kyra couldn't help but wonder how she planned on explaining the whole exodus- or if the guards were so addled that they simply wouldn't notice, or care, about the unusual size of their party?

Retili's approach seemed to have hit some obstacles in the form of others from the party- and he seemed to be trying to regain control of the situation. Squink had approached as well. Perhaps she would have some hidden sway to offer to the guards? Kyra watched on with curiosity as she continued to speak with Oden. "That's reasonable enough, I suppose." At the very least, Kyra felt more curiosity about what the guards were experiencing than anything- though if she were to learn what it was, she was sure she'd feel some sympathy for them, at the very least. Oden's approach was at least more practical: they had a job to do, and there was no good in being sidetracked by whatever was happening here.

Still, it didn't sit quite right with her. She frowned for a moment as she gathered her thoughts, then slid her eyes over to Oden again. "So long as they let us through, I guess I'll just have to live with my curiosity. I think I'd feel a bit better knowing what it was, though, and whether or not we have to worry about catching it." She slid her eyes back to the guards, chasing butterflies, sketching, and using their weapons as toys. "They hardly seem like a formidable opponent, or the most diplomatic, like this. Wouldn't want anyone we're with to have a spell like that in the face of danger or any negotiations to be had."

TL; DR: Kyra continues to observe the guards and those that approached them, and chat with Oden SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy upscalerat upscalerat @EMIYAman
OOC: 2 memer skip. 1 jareth skip.
Time: 10:20am
Weather: clear with clouds. Despite the sun, weather is comfortably cool with the elevation and approach of autumn.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Fleet reported to jareth, Squink is ogled, Retili sends the fort into a frenzy, the captain of the guard appears, Michael is tired
Post Listening:

Fleet, the sentient sable blob, slid his way back to his companion Jareth from the entrance of the border checkpoint, the stones underneath glistening from his oozy path. To a casual observer, he might have been dismissed as a curious puddle that moved against the laws of physics. But Fleet had been on a mission, and he was notably good at his job. He had examined the gate, his vast knowledge in related topics came to the forefront of his gelatinous consciousness. Fleet reported, slithering up Jareth's body,

"Jareth, the arch's keystone was a tad worn, and I noted the use of limestone – which, while cosmetically appealing, is prone to weathering. I could discern a mismatch in the mortar, indicative of repairs, perhaps done in haste. Below, the foundation there is evidence of poor drainage – a potential risk for undermining."

Nearby, Squink, with a body that could have inspired many a sculptor, but with a cephalopodic head that inspired revulsion, was drawing some rather blatant stares from the guards. One, a lanky fellow with a face that looked like it was frequently in an argument with his brain – and losing – whistled softly. "Oi, Davus, look at that! Cluilia's got quite the exotic pet off its leash, eh?" He nudged his friend, Davus, whose face had the perpetual expression of someone trying to remember if he'd left the oven on.

"Can't say I've seen anything like that before. Bit much for me," Davus replied, pulling at his collar, trying to avert his gaze from Squink's tentacles but sneaking peeks at her body. It was, after all, the border with Ryke, where contradictions were more of a rule than an exception.

Retili's approach, however, cut the ogling short. The coin in his hand was enough to snap the next guard to attention. But the guard’s swift analysis was overtaken by the sudden realization of who – and what – Retili and his followers were. His face morphed from initial interest to frozen panic in mere moments.

"Fa—fa—fae!" he stammered, looking much like a fish out of water. "It's the FAE! And they've...they've...they've got a coin!" He shrieked, drawing the immediate attention of every other guard present. In the East Empire, it was well-known, in present day, that you should fear a fae with a plan more than a dragon with indigestion.

Panic spread faster than a rumor in a small town, as guards began ringing bells, blowing horns, and, in one notably comical instance, banging pots together. The border fort transitioned from casual lounging to high alert faster than a troll could solve basic arithmetic (which is to say, not very fast at all, but fast for them).

In the midst of the chaos, some guards, their priorities perhaps a bit askew, tried to flex their muscles, puff up their chests, and put on brave faces for Cluilia and Squink. One made a point of tying his boot laces in a way that would show off his biceps. Another started doing push-ups. All this while running scared, which, in truth, did nothing for their machismo.

--

A commotion arose outside, but Captain Bumwickos was not one to be easily fazed. He was too busy admiring himself in his ornate mirror, adjusting the golden epaulets and purple feathers affixed to his vivid red uniform. It was a uniform designed to be seen, and, if possible, admired. Stealth and subtlety were clearly not the aims.

However, even Captain Bumwickos, in all his flamboyant glory, couldn't ignore the alarmed shouts and the general ruckus outside his chamber. With all the grace of a pig on skates, he wobbled his way to the window, his portly figure crammed into a uniform that was at least two sizes too small.

Peering out, he was met with the sight of half his guards displaying the kind of fear usually reserved for surprise dentist visits. Crossbows wavered, magic wands fizzled out, and one particularly nervous guard seemed to have turned his weapon on himself, as if questioning which end was the more dangerous.

On the path leading up to the checkpoint, Retili and the party stood, a mixture of confusion and amusement playing on their faces. If they were a threat, they certainly didn't seem all that hurried about it.

Michael, however, was a study in exasperation. One hand was pressed firmly to his face, the fingers of the other kneading his temples in a gesture that said, "Why me?" more eloquently than words ever could. Finally, he dropped his hands and groaned, "Of course this would happen. I should have known. But really, who could've suspected with the war being all the way in the southern tip?" The unspoken part being, perhaps, that they were so far north they were practically in another country.

Captain Bumwickos, for once at a loss for words, stared, his flamboyant uniform offering no answers. One thing was clear though – it was going to be a long, long day.

(bad day calls for squimk post writing)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222457.png
Mentions: Novama Novama saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 Clyvelle Clyvelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
TLDR: Squink peaces out and thinks about people n' things, decides to give friendmaking with a guard a second try.

Squink sat in silent confusion, unsure how to process the fact that she was being referred to as an exotic pet having no idea what they were even suggesting by it. She was a bit too lost in thought to speak that she was not a pet creature and was a fully thinking person, although found herself too dumbstruck to comment or say anything as she was eventually left witness to the attempts of flexing and showing off of other men. Squink didn't get it at all, and wondered why they were acting so weird and what felt like fake-seriousness when they had started trying to act masculine in front of her and Cluilia. On top of Retili's presence, she was starting to question if there was a super-strong human supremacy vibe going on where they were travelling. She couldn't put a finger (or a tentacle) on if she had heard such details from someone or not.

Squink was already a little dumbfounded and silent for words, so she decided to just try to back her way out of the interaction so that she could move onto where she knew was probably a safe place to be.
"Ahaha, uuh, t-thanks for the tips, you, I'll be sure to remember them when I'm doing... stuff" Squink said with nervous confidence, pointing at Cluilia with finger guns, as well as some finger gun-esque tentacles to add on the amount of fictional firepower she was wielding in her awkward departure from the conversation. Seeing Retili whom had moved onto another guard and caused such reaction and outbreak to occur, she was for some odd reason considering saying the same thing and giving a little wave although he probably had much more important things to think about at the moment.

Squink was tempted to look for and join with Oden since they were very calming at stressful times, considering that the avian beastkin would probably be nice to her and be smart enough to kmow what's going on fully yet Squink was under the impression that standing behind the local powerful prettyboys that were Michael and Jareth would prove to be since they had both said they would help her if needed. Recalling how much that they had already done for her, and somewhat hoping that she would've been able to do something good to talk to Oden about when they receive some peace and quiet Squink decided to try and give the sweet talking thing one more try.

Recalling Cluilia's advice, and since she had seen examples of her persuasion working (of which she wasn't sure how much of her earlier attempt was caused by her), Squink looked to a guard on ground level as she chose to try to do it on her own as she kept her distance just to be safe but tried to open up conversation to them while everyone else panicked over the presence of fae. If anything, Squink was probably close enough to be helped or noticed by others if trouble arised there or elsewhere while she was trying to act on Cluilia's little support and her own desire to be useful.

"H-hi there, " Squink introduced sheepishly as she tried to use her own cutesy-seductive charms on at least one of the guards. "Sorry to worry you and all your friends, but we're not bad or scary. We're all really nice and trying to do a good thing by helping these religious people. I'm Squink, do you maybe think we could be friends and maybe we could start by trying to get people to calm down since there's a slight misunderstanding?" Squink asked, trying to make friends with atleast one of the guards so maybe she could talk to someone to get somewhere.

Actions
1. Try to befriend a different guard. Using Cunning Charm: Seduction (F) + Empathy (F) + Telepathy (F) - Persuade or influence someone through exploit of sex appeal, social understanding and knowledge of their current emotions (F Grade)

4ebac37663d611592955aa3866ea5df0.jpg

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Ryken Adventurer E | Sandman | Comrade | Sun-Kissed |
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
Comrade - character has proved themselves to be a good ally and approachable. Character will have easier time convincing others to team up with their cause or to allow him to join theirs. More likely to join a cause that isn't worth joining too, however.
Sun-Kissed - character has a new found fascination with the Leilosis faith. Will suffer in social situations with those that despise the followers of the Sun God. Will excel in social situations with Sun God followers.

TL/DR - Jareth feels the guards aren't taking their jobs seriously. Upon receiving Fleet's assessment of the gate, Jareth becomes annoyed and approaches the gate, demanding to speak with their superior about the gate's maintenance.

"The...idiot kind...hm...." Jareth mulled over Michael's assessment of the guards. Men of such station are meant to watch over the people within their walls. It is a serious duty they carry out. The Ryken guards understood this, but these frontier guards for the empire however...were lacking.

A shifting of his sand body told Jareth that Fleet had returned. The slithering, burrowing way, he navigated up the sandman's form was strangely therapeutic, comparable to nails softly scratching at the back or sifting delicately through the hair. Upon reaching Jareth's shoulder, Fleet laid out his findings: potential weak points in the gate.

A sudden commotion broke out within the fortress upon one of the watchers realizing some of the company at their gate were fae. Jareth watched nonplussed as the bizarre antics of the guards continued. He was thinking about something. Sand whipped moodily around his ankles.

Amidst the ruckus of preparation, Jareth boldly approached the gate. From a few yards out from the door, his eyes scanned the stonework to verify the things of which Fleet had informed him. While he could spot a few of the more obvious cosmetic differences Fleet had pointed out, the more nuanced information that came with Fleet's particular discernment was lost to him. Even so, Jareth could see enough to know that the wall was not being properly maintained. Looking at the arrow slits mere feet from him, he could see shifting shadows within.

"Hey, you in there!" said Jareth as he took a step closer to one of the arrow slits, "I really need a word with your captain. The maintenance of this gate is jeopardizing the lives of your men and the people you protect. One well-placed shot could destroy this archway."

Actions:
--

Cooldowns: F (Ready), E (Ready), D (Ready), Regen in -- posts

Calculations: Int C (4) + Catalyst D (3) + Sandstorm D (3) = 10 BE

• Vitality - A
  • Natural Armor (Heavy) C
  • Resistance [Physical] E
  • Regeneration D
  • Resilient [Fatigue (caused by hunger, thirst, lack of sleep); Suffocation] E

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Character Sheet
upscalerat upscalerat (1st paragraph) Novama Novama (last paragraph)
TLDR: Oden ponders and responds to Kyra's speculation, before growing impatient and asking Michael to step up.

"You think it might be contagious?" Oden paused at Kyra's later words, slowly directing her gaze focused toward the guards back to her human companion. Briefly, the old owl was caught off-guard, pondering the alarming idea that hadn't even crossed her mind until now. "You make a good point." She commented thoughtfully after listening to Kyra's further elaboration, but a part of her still remained rather sceptical of the whole idea. Perhaps it was because she hadn't heard of or been exposed to many mental afflictions in the past, that she found it a little hard to believe.

The cacophony that ensued with Retili's second attempt to negotiate was hard to miss. Oden winced slightly at all the noise, especially after one particularly excited individual decided to start smacking a bunch of cooking ware together. Impatience from having her ears blasted aside, the old owl feared that at this rate, with how things were spiralling, they would be stuck at this border checkpoint for hours.

Slightly irritated, Oden marched on over to Michael's side, unabashedly tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention amidst the racket. The hesitation she held towards approaching the renowned hero was cast aside for a moment as she met his gaze. "Do you mind stepping forward for this matter? As a human, and the most leader-like figure out of all of us, I think you'd be our best bet." She inquired pretty bluntly, staring at him dead-on to gauge his reaction. Whether he would avoid her gaze or continue to make eye-contact could be telling personality-wise, and Oden admitted she at least had some curiosity towards this renowned hero's true nature.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet Novama Novama Clyvelle Clyvelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy upscalerat upscalerat saxon saxon @NimbusWing

tldr; Retili folds his arms to wait, and examines the fort in the process.

The Zentox blinked twice in surprise at the sudden reaction of the guard about him offering to pay a coin for one of them to fetch the captain. Certainly he was a Fae, the features that distinguished his ancestry as such were there, but there were also enough differences that you might think him something else entirely. He reflected that his pointed ears were probably what set off the idiot guard as he shouted and raised the alarm. There was a sudden and unrelenting barrage of noise as someone with pots and pans, horns, and bells all simultaneously decided to make as much noise as possible. Retili cocked his head to the side and watched in bemusement. The Fae withdrew his hand inside his cloak and deposited the coin safely back in his money pouch, then eyed over the fort to see who, if anyone, appeared that looked to be some authority figure. Surely such a din would rouse someone in charge. The almost comical display of lethargic incompetence was examined in great detail by Retili [Warfare E]. Of particular note was the guard who had somewhat comically reversed his own weapon, such that the projectile of it would almost certainly impale him if he was to fire. Folding his arms, Retili decided for now he would just wait for the situation to be brought to a head. Afterall he didn't feel these guards could pose a true threat to him personally.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare E, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Barony] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe D - Insight D, Perception E, Empathy E, Persuasion D - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility. - On cooldown, 1 post

Cluilia Calogera.png
Cluilia Calogera

E Grade Character

Abilities/cooldown
  • Lets Make a deal - Business F, Empathy F, Persuasion F - Due to her years as a business woman she tries to persuade her clients into making a deal and trying to empathize with them in the hopes she will get a deal. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Actions

Cluilia looked around as the guards started to freak out and then started to arm themselves. To which her minions moved to her side keeping their weapons where they were but resting their hand to quickly draw them if they needed to. You have got to be kidding me, seriously now they want to do their jobs. She thought to herself before waving for her guards to take a few steps back. She was a citizen of the Empire so she didn't feel that she was in any real danger. Brushing some loose strands of hair behind her ear she looked up at the guards looking to see what they were going to do next.

As the guards rang the bells and the now assembled force some of them tried to flex their muscles to which she shook her head. These guys are hopeless maybe I can prevent a fight from starting here. She thought to herself as she looked toward Retili and then the others. To which she should have known this was going to be a problem. "Hey! If you don't mind you are causing me to lose money here! The goods are only worth more when they are in good condition. The Fae are with me and are highly sought after now, can we make a deal here or not? I could always complain to my buyers and let them complain about the border conditions," Cluilia tried to persude using [Lets make a deal].

OOC: 3 memer skip. 1 jareth skip. 1 upscalerat skip. If anyone has a plan, this is the round to make it happen now the guards a bit less chaotic.
Time: 10:30am
Cooldown:
TLDR: Various members of the party try to negotiate with the border officers with varying degrees of success but nothing concrete. While time wasn't of the essence, the patience of the party and caravan behind them could only take so much.
Post Listening:

As the golden sun continued to rise that morning, the improbable antics of the fort's guards became increasingly obvious. As always, where there are guards, there are ways to... "understand" their "complexity". And at this border checkpoint, the definition of "complexity" had been stretched rather thin, possibly through the wash one too many times.

Squink tried her best to use her mind powers to seduce one of the guards, focusing intently on the task. The guard's eyes glazed over, and for a moment, she may have thought she had succeeded. Then his eyes crossed and he pointed at her, exclaiming, "Zeus help me, you've got a squid on yer knockers!" He was, it seemed, remarkably resistant to mental influence but not to the basic rules of biology.

One particularly jittery guard beyond the wall misinterpreted Jareth's intentions and decided to take matters into his own hands after the sandman approached him. Drawing an arrow, he aimed, but in his haste, shot himself in the foot, falling with a very dignified "Ow!" to which Fleet, ever the voice of reason, commented drily, "Excellent demonstration of the fort's vulnerability, Jareth."

Oden's suggestion to Michael to step forward was accepted reluctantly. With a sigh, he approached the fort. "Look," he began, trying to find the right words, "I am Michael, known in Ryke for... various deeds. Perhaps you've heard of me?"

From above, a pudgy captain's attire billowed flamboyantly in the wind, making his exact location a rather open secret. He leaned over and squinted, "Mackerel? Mackerel... and Pike?"

Michael's eyebrow twitched, "No, Michael... Michael of Ryke."

"Oh. Don't know ya,"
the captain shrugged, then with an epiphany added, "You the guy who owes me money?"

While Michael dealt with the complexities of negotiation with a captain whose brain had clearly been left in his other trousers, Retili evaluated the fort. Its design made for a solid defense, but its current inhabitants? Not so much. Retili noticed a guard using his helmet to collect rainwater, another one practicing his sword swings and nearly decapitating a comrade. His squad of fae riflemen could easily pick off the guards atop the wall, however, any return fire would most assuredly lead to civilian casualties assuming they could shoot beyond the wall they stood upon.

As Michael's conversation became more chaotic by the moment, Cluilia's efforts would be handled.

A particular guard, his eyes darting with interest to Cluilia, replied, "Alright, but I'd like a date with you, and perhaps... some other favors?"

From behind him, a chorus of disgruntled voices chimed in, "Oh, not again, Garus! You always get the first go!" Another shouted, "Yeah, share the loot, friend!"

A gaggle of guards swarmed Garus, each trying to negotiate their own "special" deal with Cluilia, leading to a dogpile of guards pilled at the arrow slit, each trying to have their own intimate negotiation with her.

Michael looked on, shaking his head, "East Empire border control. Not quite what I had heard."

(Smol squink post because life is busying me, just to make sure i get something in)
Squink
20230926_222457.png
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Mentions: Novama Novama saxon saxon

Squink found the guard's response to her introduction questionable, wondering if he had even listened to a word she said to him. She decided to try and talk more straightforward with him to see if she could get any questions answered out of him so that things could be settled. Among the chaos of everything going on, she could hear the sound of men scuffling amongst eachother back towards the direction of Cluilia for whatever reason. Squink was a little busy trying to make somewhat friends with just one that she silently hoped the merchant woman was okay with whatever she must have been handling.

"H-haha, sort of, not really but it's okay. We all kind of need to get through here in order to go somewhere so these nice people have a place to stay and live. We are not troublesome or dangerous, there's a little overreaction. D-do you think you could help pass on a message to someone, or help calm people down, so we can talk about it all rational and things? Or if there's anything we can do to help prove we are not scary and a threat?" Squink asked of him as she remembered the positive reception that Cluilia had been receiving, as if she seemed of notable status in this area of the world.

"One of our friends, Cluilia over there, is very popular here I think and it wouldn't be very nice for everyone to be holding her up. It partially sounds like people might be causing her a little trouble now, and then everyone will have a sad day if we're held up here" Squink said, not entirely sure why she was banking on the idea that asking this one guy could help but trying it anyway. Meanwhile she was talking to him, she wondered if she could try to use telepathic capabilities to get a better understanding on what was going through the minds of the people stationed here as if to see if there were any clues or ideas on how the situation could be better resolved.

Actions
1. Use Mediate on the guard to try and find out whats going on in their mind for clues and ideas.
Mediate: Telepathy (F) + Empathy (F) - Helps understand and detect thoughts of a target, with understanding of reading their emotional state and feelings better (F Grade) (1 Post Cooldown)

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Ryken Adventurer E | Sandman | Comrade | Sun-Kissed |
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
Comrade - character has proved themselves to be a good ally and approachable. Character will have easier time convincing others to team up with their cause or to allow him to join theirs. More likely to join a cause that isn't worth joining too, however.
Sun-Kissed - character has a new found fascination with the Leilosis faith. Will suffer in social situations with those that despise the followers of the Sun God. Will excel in social situations with Sun God followers.

TL/DR - Jareth checks on the injured guard. Wanders over to Cluilia's arrow slit to pass along his warnings about the gate and inform them of their injured comrade.

"Or destroy the arch of your foot...." Jareth muttered as he walked right up to the arrow slit. The opening was well over his head and out of reach, being a reasonably designed defense. Cupping his hands around his mouth, Jareth called into the arrow slit, "You alright in there? You got a medic?"

A commotion behind the wall elsewhere caused Jareth to look. Several eyes were vying for position at a particular arrow slit near Cluilia. Jareth went over to it, stepping in front of the arrow slit. "Hey, one of your men is injured over there. Can you send a medic to him? While you're at it, tell your captain that the gate needs to be maintained better. It's in danger of being breached if you don't fix it."

Actions:
--

• Vitality - A
  • Regeneration D

Cluilia Calogera.png
Cluilia Calogera

E Grade Character

mentions: Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy @EMIYAman upscalerat upscalerat Clyvelle Clyvelle

Abilities/cooldown

Actions

Cluilia looked around at the guards as they practically swarmed the arrow slits all trying to get a look of what was going on at the gate. Always the same with these guards, they always have to keep the worst ones here. Now I got a whole garrison looking at me wonderful. She thought to herself as her face went to a more annoyed look as they all bickered about the whole thing. She cocked an eyebrow and shook her head. The whole event made it clear to her that these guys really didn't know what they were doing at all. Which as Jareth pointed out the gate could have been in a lot better shape than it currently was.

"I don't think you could hold a conversation for that long, more importantly again time is money and I doubt I'm going to be making very much money out of this deal. Not to mention this seems a very unbalanced deal," She pointed out puffing out her cheeks for a moment. She turned to look at the others of the group as they spoke up. The whole scene was rather...embarrassing for the guards in her opinion. "Not to mention, you making deals doesn't seem to benefit anyone, unless you can actually open the gate," Cluilia responded cooly as she clasped her hands behind her back.

At this point she figured she would wait to see if the captain was going to say anything or if she was going to need to whip a few of the guards into shape. "Unless you want to sign these contracts right here that is," She stated as she held out several of the contracts though she figured that many would know what they were but she figured she would use her lets make a deal ability with it.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E | Human | Envoy of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara

Chaos erupted as guards ran, torn between flirting with the attractive Squink and Cluilia and preparing to fight off the apparently terrifying Retili. A colorful figure- Is that a... Parrot?- approached a window in the guard tower. It occurred to Kyra several moments too late just why the guards were so distressed; the Eastern Empire was at war with the fae, and evidently they knew how to distinguish Retili as one. Kyra hadn't seen many yet in her time in Ryke, and had seen plenty of other sorts of fantastical people- she hardly knew how to distinguish one group from another at this point. Clearly, the checkpoint guards faced no such issue.

Ahead, Jareth approached the gate. The guards seemed otherwise preoccupied and made no move to stop him. Oden left Kyra to speak with Michael, and the adventurer wondered if she should have joined the owl woman; but the moment passed, and she continued to stand there, and observe the comical situation devolve before her. Cluilia attempted to use her role as a merchant to ease tensions, which was met with a rather uncouth counteroffer, and Michael addressed the colors in the tower.

The situation was looking... Uneasy. Kyra was hardly a skilled negotiator, but this was getting out of hand, and might end up coming to blows- which was the last thing that the caravan needed. She herself was still armorless from their last battle, and they didn't have a phoenix to bail them out this time if they needed it. While a number of the guards were occupied talking to various members of the caravan, keeping a few more distracted from any hasty orders could only be a good thing. If nothing else, it might let her get the drop on whoever she spoke with if things did turn violent. In the best case, enough of them acting as a voice of reason might allow the group to proceed peacefully.

With something of a grim hope in mind, Kyra approached the nearest guard that wasn't engaged in conversation with one of her companions. "Er, hello there," she greeted, trying to sound cheerful. "I'm sure that you weren't expecting to see much anything today, let alone our colorful caravan." As she spoke, she tried to use Empathy [F] in hopes of understanding and, hopefully, placating the guard. "But I can assure you, we're all quite civilized, and would love to just talk this whole thing out." She flashed the guard a smile, and waited for a response.

TL; DR: Kyra approaches a guard, and uses Empathy F while speaking.

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Character Sheet
Novama Novama
TLDR: Oden steps up to also negotiate with the flamboyant human.

Oden watched carefully as Michael made his move. Amidst the racket and chaos, it was somewhat difficult to figure out exactly what was said, but she discerned enough to know that even the hero's simple introduction had somehow gone wrong. Facepalming mentally, she sighed before deciding to try and step forward also. Although ill-advised usually, she supposed the more people that tried to negotiate, the higher of a chance they'd find someone actually willing to communicate.

"Enough." The old owl grumbled beneath her breath, marching towards Michael's side to address the same colourful and flamboyant human residing above him. "Our fae over there is not a soldier of the See. All we want to do is cross this border checkpoint. What will it take for you to let us through?" Oden asked him in the most blunt & unblemished form possible (Persuasion E).

Retili Loxinofican

tldr; Retili finishes examining the fort and contemplates his options. Seeing Michael fail and Oden weigh in, he decides to make a new attempt at persuading the captain in particular.

The chaos continued to unfold even as some pudgy form made an appearance on the battlements and Michael stepped forward to bring some order to chaos. It was some small amusement to Retili as the Ryke renowned adventurer went unrecognized by the border guards of this backwater. The Zentox drew a canteen from within his traveling cloak and took a pull from it before replacing the cork and putting it away. The liquid inside was a mixture of herbal tea and honey of the kind favored by his people. He crossed his arms and looked around some more, this time focusing on the pudgy captain. He was unimpressed by the fort. The guard collecting rainwater with his helmet was particularly odd considering they probably had a well or water source that was easier, and the guard who nearly decapitated his comrade only served to further plummet his opinion of them down even further. For a moment Retili considered them resorting to violence to solve the problem. Certainly the fort was weak enough as is even his depleted force could likely just pick the guards off the wall as they watched, but what then? Certainly some survivors would just hold the gate against them. They wouldn't need many at all. Aside from that the East Empire would almost certainly hear of it. While he considered what they might do he saw Jareth approaching the gate and a muffled "ow" from some distance. More evidence of poor training. He wouldn't have been surprised if they'd managed to shoot themselves in the foot or something ridiculous like that.

Belatedly Retili remembered Cluilia had said something earlier about the Fae being highly sought after as the fort went into high alert. Briefly his eyes flicked towards her. It was certainly a good thing that he wasn't going to be crossing the border with these people. He wondered if she had some sort of slaver ambush ready on the other side to drag the whole caravan into bondage. Or maybe she could only take them voluntarily and that was why she was pushing the contracts so hard. Either way she was being so transparent at this point she might have shouted from the top of the wall that she wanted them as Eastern Empire slaves. Not that it would have mattered. Retili would have forced the refugees across the border anyways.

Turning his attention onto the Captain, Retili smiled broadly. He spoke up so the captain could hear, his diminutive form having impressive volume. He decided to add to the Owl-kin's words. "I am Retili Loxinofican, courtier of Baroness Caelia of the Ryke. I have been charged with seeing these civilians to your checkpoint. I have no intention of crossing personally. I would be greatly indebted to you if you were to see them across." [Skill Use: Noble Bearing D]. Retili decided to play upon the greed of the border captain. With any luck he would be corrupt and stupid. There were worse things then bribing their way across or owing a favor to some captain of the Eastern Empire.

• Charismatic Scribe D - Insight D, Perception E, Empathy E, Persuasion D - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility. - 2 post cooldown

OOC: 4 memer skip. 1 jareth skip. 1 upscalerat skip. Looked like retili's abilities were all on cooldown in this round? Character's parting ways at the border may post one more time. Characters ensuring the success of the mission will continue onto the last scene of the rp.
Time: 8:00pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Retili and Oden, with the aid of others opened the way for the pilgrims through the checkpoint. The pilgrims arrive in their new temple. A night of celebration and sacred significance begins. Characters are left to ponder next steps and bask in the praise of the greatful.
Post Listening:

In a fort that seemed more slapdash and degraded than the worn stones would warrant alone, the guards tumbled over one another, each one seemingly vying for the title of "most ridiculous guard of the year".

Squink, being blessed with a certain... tentacular allure, continued to be a sort of enthralling oddity for them. There was a curious duality in their attention. In one moment, Squink, with all her ilithid charm, would draw their eyes, and in the next, Cluilia would have them.

Cluilia's merchant skills shone as she handed out what looked like paperwork through an arrow slit. Not the usual merchant approach, but these were not usual times. In their fervor, the guards believed these contracts to be marriage proposals. The chaos that ensued, involving the shredding of paperwork and the questionable self-worth of guards convinced they were being proposed to by a merchant, made the whole scene look like an exceptionally failed pie fight.

Above, the guards seemed more enchanted by Kyra's appeal than by her empathy. In moments that would have made the most overacted pantomime look subtle, they jostled and argued about whom Kyra was really speaking to. "She was looking at ME!" one declared. "Nonsense, she clearly addressed ME," another retorted. And so it went.

Captain Bumwickos, a man who strutted like a rooster and had the brains of one too, began a soliloquy to no one and everyone, about his deep-rooted disdain for owls. "Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't speak to an owl, but if I were, I'd say they are the least... dashing of all the birds," he said with a dramatic wave of his hand. Bumwickos continued in his flight of delusional grandeur as he expounded upon the various birds that were preferable for one reason or another.

Retili stood with an undeniable presence. Bumwickos, ever the picture of pomposity, began another overacted monologue about how he, of course, had known all along about the caravan's intent (he hadn’t) and that he had always planned to let them through (he hadn't). "It's that fae! Holding up my noble proceedings!" he declared, ignoring the fact that it was the fae's influence that had tipped the balance in the caravan's favor.

Michael, who’d been harboring enough magic to either turn the fort into the world's most extravagant fireworks display or maybe make a sizable omelette out of Captain Bumwickos, visibly relaxed. The decision had been made. They would pass. Michael had tuned out most of the captain's rants, so he congratulated Oden and Retili on the save,

"You guys really came through for us. Thanks for the help."

As the caravanners trickled through the massive gates, they were greeted by the breathtaking sight of the East Empire's countryside, a sprawling tapestry of hills and sunlit valleys. But before they could proceed, the guards, who, it must be said, were now trying their level best to look professional, checked each of them with black orbs for racial heritage and criminality. Not thoroughly, of course. After all, in the grand list of things these guards could mess up, thoroughness was right at the top.

-------

1692319623107-png.1109096
Another week had passed when in the rolling shadow of the East Empire's hillocks, nestled at the foot of the embrace of two sloping green arms, lay a hidden valley, bathed in the molten-gold hue of a setting sun. The valley was home to a lake, its surface so placid and shimmering that it seemed like someone had trapped a piece of the sky beneath the land. A reflection of the sun, more perfect than reality, glowed from the water's heart, like an all-seeing eye that had seen eons pass.

On the lake's northern edge, wearing the mantle of time and largely reclaimed by the earth, stood a temple. Its white marble pillars, many of them cracked or overgrown with moss, held aloft what remained of a roof. It spoke of an era when the Sun Order was revered, not just as wayfarers in distant lands, but here too. The weight of history hung around the temple, tangible almost, like the mist that gently curled from the lake's edges.

As the caravan approached this sanctum, their weariness seemed to ebb. They were footsore and soul-weary, but the valley exuded an aura of tranquility, like a balm on an aching soul.

But just as they were taking in the serenity, from the ruined temple emerged the High Priestess. Her presence seemed to radiate a gentle authority. "Welcome back, children of the Sun," she intoned. "History, as it seems, loves to go in circles, like a particularly indecisive dog chasing its tail. Our order was once cherished here, then exiled, and now we return."

A ritual of gratitude ensued, with every member of the caravan, and the adventurers too, partaking. They each received blessings from the High Priestess, whispered words that felt like sunlight on their faces.

But as the sun began to dip behind the hills, painting the world in twilight, the ethereal happened. Spirits, translucent and shimmering, emerged from the temple and the surroundings. The ancient priests of old, dancing in the dying light, their forms weaving between the world of the tangible and the spectral. They celebrated, not for themselves but for the Order's return.

Then, the enchanted creature: the phoenix, briefly returned. Before the astonished eyes of the caravan, its wings catching the last light of the sun. With a burst of luminance, it soared, climbing higher and higher, until it seemed to merge with the sun itself. It was a symbol of hope, of new beginnings, and a testament that the darkest nights could always be followed by dawn. Aside from the spectacles and rituals, food was prepared in abundance. There was music and dancing. The people of the sun were thankful to all who aided them in their journey, knowing they couldn't have all made it without the efforts of those who bled and risked life for them.

Michael could be find leaning against one of the pillars of the decrepit temple with a drink in hand pondering where he would go next and how the sun people were going to turn a ruin into a proper temple again out in the middle of nowhere.

1697333122646.png

Retili Loxinofican

tldr; Retili finishes up and heads home

Retili folded his arms and listened to the long and drawn out speech of the captain... twice. It was not only obvious he was as dumb as the rest of his troops, but he was very clearly going to let the caravan through. Retili would have to remember that he had promised the captain favor in the future and hope that it didn't come back to haunt him. The border now open the Zentox rolled his eyes at the thanks from Michael and turned around, heading to the back of the caravan to collect his men. Not too long after he watched from nearby as the entire caravan was processed with the black orb and over the border. The continuous buzzing headache that was this trip seemed to finally be coming to an end. For a moment Retili reflected that perhaps this was a sign that it was time to move on from that fateful tragedy in Yemaya, to forget about Michael. Even as he watched the man cross the border checkpoint though he couldn't help but get a nagging feeling that this wasn't the last he had seen of the man. Once all the refugees had crossed into the East Empire Retili collected his troops and set off at a brisk pace. His mission was a success. Now he was on his way home to the Caelia Barony.

• Noble Bearing D - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion D, Empathy E, Perception E, Insight D, Business F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

(Before I pass out later nwn)
Squink
20230926_222425.png

Character Theme
Character Sheet

Mentions: Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163
TLDR: Squimk notices Retili not coming, is sad by the end of the trip and doesn't know what to do :(

Squink saw that others seemed to find more success in conversing with the guards in order to help them find access through, as she had suspected others would be capable of with their own experience and statuses. Considering the length of the trip they had went on, and how unprepared she would be to leave off on her own now, Squink saw that the only good option she possibly had was to follow along to the very end even if there was naught at all left she could provide. Among those who were with them, she could glance back to see Retili whom despite all the trouble he had helped fight against (and despite the trouble he may have accidentally caused) appeared like they would not be coming the entire way. Unsure whether it was the reaction to his kind or if he felt as if his mission was done, she pondered on how she hadn't exactly spoke with him on really anything despite his clear leadership capabilities she would have wanted to ask about. The cephalopod silently shook her head at the missed opportunity, considering that possibly knowing such guidance wasn't a thing that was meant to be. She had forgotten to thank him for his support even if it wouldn't mean much at all coming from her, silently preparing to endure the rest of the travelling left.

---

The ilithid held quiet as she witnessed celebration take place over the following success of the trip, those present taking in the positive joy of finding their new place as well as the moment of relaxation other adventurers could take now knowing that their current journey was over. Squink, on the other hand, felt a little let down that she didn't find whatever she was supposed to be useful for on the trip as it felt like everyone else had done a lot more to contribute while she had struggled to even hold a simple conversation whilst things weren't even moving anywhere. Wordlessly fidgeting with her hands as she stood with her back to a wall by her lonesome, she stressed over how she may have made a mistake coming along when she wasn't needed.

"These people would have been fine the same way even if I wasn't here, now I'm just far from where I'm used to. I don't know anything about this place... " Squink muttered to herself as she let herself slowly slide down the wall to sitting on the floor, hugging her legs close as she tried to hold her feelings in. It didn't feel like a celebration at all to her, more like a startling reminder of things around her and to come. She wanted to partially just walk away from it all as nobody would be paying attention, but it was a bigger question where she would even go from there. She couldn't simply just walk back to where she started on her lonesome now.

Squink sat in her own thoughts on the floor, ignoring her hunger and thirst that she held over the current matters of what she was supposed to do after it was all over, much harder when feeling she hadn't done anything.​

Last edited:

Jareth Fletcher

TL/DR - Jareth contemplates returning to the fortress to repair the gate as he leaves with the caravan. Expresses his happiness to the High Priestess on her and her people reaching their destination. Runs into Squink during the festivities and strikes up conversation.

The guards had very little interest in what Jareth was saying. None, in fact. Considering he had told them one of their own had been injured, the idea that they were ignoring him was...nonsensical. Glancing behind him, all Jareth saw was Cluilia and Squink. The latter might explain their lack of concern for objectively more important matters, but Squink's novelty should not rank above tending to the injured.

Turning back to the animalistic guards, some actively drooling over whatever it was that piqued their fancy, Jareth contemplated for a moment whether he should just seal up the arrow slits. Perhaps then their attentions could receive more constructive direction. Then another thought occurred to him: what if he looked like the women? As he pondered how best to capture their physique, Jareth's form began incrementally changing beneath his cloak. His chest began expanding and his hips grew wider. He suddenly shook his head, however, causing the changes to crumble back to his original form. It was a silly idea.

Whether the injured guard had received aid or not, no one could say, but the captain finally saw fit to let the caravan pass. Jareth quickly joined the others, not wanting to spend a moment longer in this silly place. His eyes stared regretfully at the dilapidated gate as he passed through it though. Perhaps he could return to fix it....

-----

Another week of walking, another week of patrolling the caravan at night. The extra travel helped him familiarize himself with the new landscape. Beyond the border, Jareth had no idea what to expect, but it turned out to be much of same, yet different. The hills continued, but the vegetation began to change to the native species of the new region. Distant mountain ranges that had been thus far obscured now came into view. Cresting a hill gave view of new things on the far side down below.

One such view was the valley in which their destination rested. A decrepit temple resisting the effects of time waited to welcome its former inhabitants back with stony arms cloaked in greenery that had grown in their absence. While the temple itself was a wonder to Jareth, he found his gaze pulled to the lake. It's glassy surface was uncanny, unsettling Jareth as much as it enticed him to draw near.

Thankfully, the siren's song of the lake was broken when the festivities began. Jareth gladly received his blessing from the High Priestess.

"Here is your place, High Priestess. I'm glad I could help get you and your people here." Jareth said simply.

The ceremony and festivities could only hold him for so long, being a creature that needed neither food nor drink. The siren lake called to him once more. For the first time in a long time, Jareth felt fearful. Surely it was just a lake, yet its call haunted him. Forcefully, the sandman turned himself from the lake and stormed off in agitation. He eventually noticed an odd cadence to his steps: one normal, mostly soundless step, one heavy, sinking step.

Looking down Jareth saw that his right leg from the foot to halfway up his shin had turned to stone. He stomped the stoned foot a few times trying to release the stone, but it was no good. He threw his hands up silently, letting them slap down against his sides. Looking around for a distraction, he noticed Squink sitting against a wall nearby.

"Oh...I didn't see you there, Squink...." said Jareth, internally grateful for her presence as it could distract him from the turmoil he was experiencing. "...how are you liking the party?"

Actions:
--

• Vitality - A
  • Regeneration D

Cluilia Calogera.png
Cluilia Calogera

E Grade Character

mentions: Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy @EMIYAman upscalerat upscalerat Clyvelle Clyvelle

Abilities/cooldown

Actions

Cluilia puffed out her cheeks a little and her eyes showed all the disappointment in her being as the guards were literally fighting over everything. The next moment all the contracts had been ripped up. "Well, that was worth a shot, I suppose," She sighed heavily before turning back to the rest of the group and rejoining them. As the chaos finally died down and the group was allowed through the gate, she took a deep breath in the East Empire air. There was something about the air of one's home that they missed.

As the group continued along on their way until they reached the destination of the caravan, Cluilia at this point, was ready to return to the shop as the festival ensued. But even she knew that her journey was not done yet and turned to the companions he had been traveling with, "Should any of you find yourselves in the capital don't hesitate to look for my shop, you will find it in the main market district!" Cluilia stated as she simply waved her hand and walked off in the direction of the East Empire capital city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back