• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Top of the Thread

Auriel Maza

Professor of Cuddles
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings RPNer's,

I'm Auriel! I'm posting today to garner interest for an idea that Chordling Chordling came up with and that I am working on bringing to reality.

Essentially, this will be a Roguelike Nation-Building roleplay where players will move through different Fractals of a shattered multiverse, collecting manifestation shards to create new people, resources, knowledge, etc. These Fractals typically image the multiverse it birthed from, but even stranger things have occurred within them. Each zone that players progress through will be called Fractals, an image/piece of the world it came from before. These Fractals... are not whole. You will find many anomalies amongst each Fractal. Ships trading with nothing, people phasing out of existence, and many more. Could they tell you what happened? Maybe they tell you why you are here? Oh the mysteries.

The reason for these strange events is simple. The Fractal realities focus on what could be, what was, but they are not what is. Creation had been lost in the traditional sense. For you see, each player character embodies a Mote of Creation, the catalyst mind you, to manifest from this strange graveyard. You simply are, but you master both what was and what will be. Collect the shards, manifest and learn the powers of creation, and take these discoveries back to the galaxy that you call home. But, not all is well in the multiverse. In far away planes of reality, a disease has begun to spread, a corruption. They want the power of the Fractals for themselves and will do what they need to get it. But, they seem incapable to claim it. Its unknown to chalk it up to their weakness or their comical stupidity. They will fight you often and you must prepare for them with your fellow players if you are to survive.

Each Player begins with 1 Leader character, who embodies a Mote of Creation, and 100 Manifestation shards. Before Run 1, players will be able to use their points to add to their roster or their inventory. Points are not consumed unless they are otherwise stated to be consumed.

During Character Creation, Players may select one word to temper their mote with, giving them special recruitment abilities, traits, and many more. An important note to remember is that this RP will be a hybrid style, meaning that both Sci-Fi and Fantasy will be used together. Players will be able to grasp incredible technology and magic throughout the RP. However, no PC will start with Magic as Magic exists only within the Fractals at this time in existence. That is something all will need to learn.

If you enjoy this idea, I would love to hear from you! I am currently working on this as we speak. If you are interested in playing in this RP, please put the word you would consider using down below and a character profile.

Additional Credits: Beckoncall Beckoncall Trektek Trektek

oooh! interested!

hmmm... in terms of word.... perhaps... ok wait no i have no idea and also all the ideas and i cannot decide. but, honestly, this looks super cool!

rage (rage against the dying of the light)

Last edited:
Hmm, this is very interesting. Now if you’ll excuse me, I shall throw my hat into the ring and join in

What kind of words do we use to temper our motes?
Conceptual i.e. Passion/ Wrath/ Fear?
Or more precise wording like People (Spider Man)/ Places (Wales) / Foods (Pizza)?
Auriel Maza Auriel Maza

What kind of words do we use to temper our motes?
Conceptual i.e. Passion/ Wrath/ Fear?
Or more precise wording like People (Spider Man)/ Places (Wales) / Foods (Pizza)?
Auriel Maza Auriel Maza
Any actually. And don't worry, it won't be final until we start Fractal 1.

Who decides on the abilities/traits btw of the keyword/Leader?
Sorry for all the questions, I know this is a work in progress

Who decides on the abilities/traits btw of the keyword/Leader?
Sorry for all the questions, I know this is a work in progress
So, what happens is that the word you choose gives me a theme for your character. It gives a seed on how the Mote of Creation would interact with your character's personality and traits. For your main PC/ Leader, I run an A-la-carté system where you select various auras/features to customize your character forward. I am using a system that I adored building with my brother some years ago. I am now updating it with all that I have learned and fleshing out the options for character customization, and I am also working on optimization so the game will be easier to run.

Edit: I am going to have the beginning of the game go slow, so don't worry about anything yet. What you will need to decide once I'm ready is stats, skills/crafts, and working with me on the mote. Everything else will be introduced as needed.

Last edited:
Sure, looks coolio. I'd be interested. As for a mote.. not sure, leaning towards something like Hope.

Although it’s probably me right now, but I kinda wanna share ideas about what our leader character would be alongside what they could represent. As for me personally, I was thinkin of going with something like “Order” or “Improbability”, with the lad representing said thing being none other than the Auditor from the Madness Combat series:
0CFE9BB3-4D03-4BDC-A451-9316A4B38509.jpeg

And that is all I have to share… I do see that someone else might have an idea (considering I saw them mention Spider-Man), but I would like to hear more from y’all and see what ideas you have.

Sign me up chief!
I think I'll be going with Cleanliness, as it shares traits and connotations with both Hygiene and Purity. It seems like a good in-between to take forward.

"Nothing will ever be truly clean, how sad."
"To strip away all that is unneeded, impurities and all."

I imagined my leader being from a mundane earth, graduating high school with flying colours, awards and accolades, acceptance letters to prestigious universities, only to abruptly disappear after his graduation, later to be found working five different janitorial jobs tirelessly. In a brief summary, he would be an eccentric perfectionist and clean freak.

Potential followers could be an old head maid of a noble estate from a more medieval fantasy world, and a hi-tech cleaning robot with fancy sensors and radars. If combat capabilities are preferred, imagine the old head maid as being a retired assassin with a backstory in poison concoction, and the cleaning robot just being a durable relentless menace.

My very first idea though, was 'imprisonment', 'capture' or 'cage', which I may fall back to, potentially, maybe, if I find the above not so feasible in the future.

Last edited:
I am quite intrigued and highly interested. As it seems to be, sharing the preferred word(s) in advance, may be a wise idea. I'd gladly follow that example. Therefore, my candidate word(s) would be:
> Knowledge
> Time
> Concept
> Thought
> Apathy
> Beginning
> End

Last edited:
Update 1

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the interest, I have been hard at work. To give everyone a better understanding of Motes and their keywords, I am going to provide an example for everyone. This will hopefully help everyone with my thought process and give insight into how I look at a word and build from that. I mainly look at the word's definitions, its connotation, and where it is generally used. For this example, I will use ARREST. (Using Dictionary.com, definition 3) "To check the course of; stop; slow down.", is generally used for criminals or miscreants when they are apprehended, Police work and formal legal documents. I also tend to give flavor text as I found it helps everyone understand how I perceive and view a concept.

Each word comes with 4 features respective to four areas: recruitment, exploration, crafting, and combat. These features are generally in line with the four main pillars of what occurs in an NRP. So each character will something unique that will help them in the various areas of the game. Of course, if you favor one area over another, that can be shifted. These are not set in stone until your characters arrive in Fractal 1 and there are ways to add, augment, or change this in the game.

Arrest:
  1. Recruitment: A burning justice laid within your mind. At your heart, you felt unease by the foulness of what happens in the galaxy at large. The two could not live peacefully together. And from this internal conflict between reality and yourself, you built a bond and a glamour that was not seen before. Your mote grasped it and creation breathed into it, letting emotions ascend.
    1. Those who have been the victim of crimes, mistreatment, or other similar acts have less resistance to you (3 less resistance) and each act of justice you perform reduces unrest in the populations around you causing those who are too agitated to listen to calm. (Unrest is measured from 0-100, each just act you perform causes this to lower by 5. This is also a 100% safe way to reduce unrest in regards to the crowd turning on. Most options carry some sort of risk.)
  2. Exploration: Criminals always hide or run to unknown areas. Knowing that you will have to face them in their element time to time has allowed you to gain instincts and senses to find them while avoiding their ploys to stop you.
    1. You gain the ability to see thermal and electromagnetic signatures through obstructions that are no thicker than 30ft wide, assuming the obstruction is not part of the signature. These signatures appear as dots in your vision, and you can distinguish between the two. This vision cannot be blinded by traditional means, only by methods relevant to them (Ex. Electric storms or little contrast of thermal energy in the environment.)
  3. Crafting: You always seem to have more enemies than friends. Instead of relying on others to weather the storm, you've learned a thing or two to beat the odds.
    1. You are shockingly adept at disabling armaments and turning them against your foes, using the power of creation within you to mold it in your favor. [Couragous Craft] (You may burn one energy to change a property on a weapon/purposely dangerous object such as changing the time to explosion on a bomb for 1 day. If the object has some form of intelligence but not sentient, you may convert the object to your cause for another 1 energy after the first. For any of these changes, you may maintain them for their original cost. If you maintain for two days, the changes are permanent.
  4. Combat: The inner fire within you wants to speak itself, wants to burn those that dare harm others, to spread filth across the galaxy.
    1. Altenative Ammunition: You have a relatively infinite supply of Flame Rounds. This ammunition is capable for all firearms, taking the damage profile of the weapon being used. Your ranged attacks now do thermal/fire damage and gain an additional die of damage. You may use ranged attacks to light fires on objects or anything else that you can see. If the target is a creature, the creature must succeed a Prowess roll against your Will, otherwise, they are lit on fire and visible to your thermal sense.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know! I know I mentioned mechanics that don't make sense right now, but I will explain them as they are relevant as I rather not mechanics dump you!

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the interest, I have been hard at work. To give everyone a better understanding of Motes and their keywords, I am going to provide an example for everyone. This will hopefully help everyone with my thought process and give insight into how I look at a word and build from that. I mainly look at the word's definitions, its connotation, and where it is generally used. For this example, I will use ARREST. (Using Dictionary.com, definition 3) "To check the course of; stop; slow down.", is generally used for criminals or miscreants when they are apprehended, Police work and formal legal documents. I also tend to give flavor text as I found it helps everyone understand how I perceive and view a concept.

Each word comes with 4 features respective to four areas: recruitment, exploration, crafting, and combat. These features are generally in line with the four main pillars of what occurs in an NRP. So each character will something unique that will help them in the various areas of the game. Of course, if you favor one area over another, that can be shifted. These are not set in stone until your characters arrive in Fractal 1 and there are ways to add, augment, or change this in the game.

Arrest:
  1. Recruitment: A burning justice laid within your mind. At your heart, you felt unease by the foulness of what happens in the galaxy at large. The two could not live peacefully together. And from this internal conflict between reality and yourself, you built a bond and a glamour that was not seen before. Your mote grasped it and creation breathed into it, letting emotions ascend.
    1. Those who have been the victim of crimes, mistreatment, or other similar acts have less resistance to you (3 less resistance) and each act of justice you perform reduces unrest in the populations around you causing those who are too agitated to listen to calm. (Unrest is measured from 0-100, each just act you perform causes this to lower by 5. This is also a 100% safe way to reduce unrest in regards to the crowd turning on. Most options carry some sort of risk.)
  2. Exploration: Criminals always hide or run to unknown areas. Knowing that you will have to face them in their element time to time has allowed you to gain instincts and senses to find them while avoiding their ploys to stop you.
    1. You gain the ability to see thermal and electromagnetic signatures through obstructions that are no thicker than 30ft wide, assuming the obstruction is not part of the signature. These signatures appear as dots in your vision, and you can distinguish between the two. This vision cannot be blinded by traditional means, only by methods relevant to them (Ex. Electric storms or little contrast of thermal energy in the environment.)
  3. Crafting: You always seem to have more enemies than friends. Instead of relying on others to weather the storm, you've learned a thing or two to beat the odds.
    1. You are shockingly adept at disabling armaments and turning them against your foes, using the power of creation within you to mold it in your favor. [Couragous Craft] (You may burn one energy to change a property on a weapon/purposely dangerous object such as changing the time to explosion on a bomb for 1 day. If the object has some form of intelligence but not sentient, you may convert the object to your cause for another 1 energy after the first. For any of these changes, you may maintain them for their original cost. If you maintain for two days, the changes are permanent.
  4. Combat: The inner fire within you wants to speak itself, wants to burn those that dare harm others, to spread filth across the galaxy.
    1. Altenative Ammunition: You have a relatively infinite supply of Flame Rounds. This ammunition is capable for all firearms, taking the damage profile of the weapon being used. Your ranged attacks now do thermal/fire damage and gain an additional die of damage. You may use ranged attacks to light fires on objects or anything else that you can see. If the target is a creature, the creature must succeed a Prowess roll against your Will, otherwise, they are lit on fire and visible to your thermal sense.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know! I know I mentioned mechanics that don't make sense right now, but I will explain them as they are relevant as I rather not mechanics dump you!
Interesting, so how would things that are more random such as improbability would work in terms of stuff. Nonetheless, it’s still interesting to see something unique as this

Interesting, so how would things that are more random such as improbability would work in terms of stuff. Nonetheless, it’s still interesting to see something unique as this
As in a word for a mote?

As in a word for a mote?
Something like that. I would wanna know how things that like improbability (to which, it’s definition is ‘not probable; unlikely to be true or to happen’) would work in the context of things

Something like that. I would wanna know how things that like improbability (to which, it’s definition is ‘not probable; unlikely to be true or to happen’) would work in the context of things
I think for improbability. I would focus on features that allow you to invert probability while also providing traits that are rare. So focusing on things that are unlikely to happen and being able to manipulate that to an extent. Like insulting someone would normally not recruit them or make them like you, but I would craft features that allow that to be probable.

And these features are things that you decide for us off the bat, or things that we come up with and you balance as necessary?

And these features are things that you decide for us off the bat, or things that we come up with and you balance as necessary?
Yep, these features will be provided as part of starting out. But, I am always open for suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back