• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SmallFoxx

Hi! So. I had to disappear from the interwebs for a couple of years but I'm back and ready to rumble. I have a few ideas for rps (some of them old, some of them new) so I thought I'd just toss my line in the water and see what I get! The story doesn't have to involve any romance and, if that's something that you're interested in, I'm comfortable with all pairings. Doubling up is nice, but not [always] necessary. I am comfortable and capable of writing males and females of any sexual orientation.
  • It's the End of the World As We Know It: A bit overdone, maybe, but I just love a good apocalypse story. Rather than zombies, I prefer the idea of humanity suffering from biological warfare that caused incurable mutations in some while the survivors had to struggle to survive as the world crumbled around them. Though, if you'd prefer a zombie apocalypse that's fine. As long as the world is in shambles, I'm here for it.

• Things In the Night: Marfield, Montana is a small town teeming with supernatural creatures. And, of course, the inevitable threat that threatens to destroy them (humans, an ancient curse, a powerful creature with an ax to grind). I've always loved these sorts of things.

• For the Right Price/For the Crown: How about a story about a group of mercenaries, spies, and assassins that work for the highest bidder (or for their monarch in the case of For the Crown), though maybe they'll get off their asses for free for something like saving the world or at least a country. This could easily be retrofitted to be in any kind of verse, whether it's medieval or modern, fantasy or realistic. It could even take place in a Skyrim-verse.

• Our Island: A supernatural/fantasy plot about the descendants of Queen, Lydia Liliʻu Loloku Walania Wewehi Kamakaʻeha defending their home from sinister forces. The plot involves the gods of Hawai`i lore, anti-American and anti-Christian sentiment, and radical Hawaiian sovereignty sentiment. In-depth information will be provided upon request.

• Just Trying to Make It: I am an absolute sucker for plots about young hopefuls striving to make it in the rough world that is the entertainment industry. Give me all the drama of this.

• That's Amore: This is a mob plot. It's about a girl (mob princess trope) who's deeply in love with a guy (or girl) that is the youngest child of her family's greatest enemies. When a truce by family merging is suggested, she thinks this is her chance to be with the one she loves. Instead, she gets stuck with their piece of shit older brother. Plot twist - her betrothed is having an affair with her best friend. Nobody wins.

• Bound to You: S/He is a 974-year-old Vampire. S/He is the twenty-year-old reincarnation of their true love. Her/His best friend is the reincarnation of the bitch that tore them apart. Will history repeat itself? Full plot available upon request.

• Harry Potter: Just a Harry Potter-themed roleplay. Could take place at Ilvermorny (because YAS) or at Hogwarts. Either way, I love me some HP. There's no specific plot in mind, but I'd love to discuss ideas! I don't do Potterverse canons. At all. Ever.

• Marvel: Honestly, I have so many AU plots in my head that it's crazy. The next generation of Avengers, a group of vigilante teens, the next generation of X-Men, something based around the premise of The Gifted. Just. There's a lot. It would be a mix of comic, cinematic, and television timelines along with custom events added in for the sake of character stories. Bless your soul if you give me a story that revolves around Asgard and/or all the realms except Midgard. I will gladly write Thor or Loki or any Asgardian for this endeavor. Otherwise, I prefer not to play canons. Honestly, I will play canons as main characters only in the case of plots that involve romance, and I prefer doubling up.

• Pokemon: Again, I have a lot of plots in mind. We could do a structured story or an open world type of roleplay. OCs only.

• Fairy Tail: Taking place in the year X785, ours would be the story of the newest generation of Fairy Tail Wizards. It would be an open-world roleplay. (OCs: Yes. Canons: No. Relation to canons: Absolutely -- gotta love legacies!)

• Harvest Moon: This would definitely be a slice-of-life roleplay inspired by my favorite video game series of all time. Just a small island town, though perhaps a bit more mature and complex in nature than the source. Open to plots!

• A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones: Again, a lot of AU plots in mind for this. For this, I prefer strictly OCs if only because I'm so tired of playing Jon Snow and Khal Drogo.

That's just a small list. Here's another list of fandoms/plots I'm open to:
Fairy Tail​
ASoIaF/GoT​
Marvel​
DC​
Superpowers​
Supernatural (vampires, werewolves, witches, oh my!)​
True Blood​
Pokemon​
Harvest Moon​
Elder Scrolls​
Medieval​
Pirates​
Criminals/The Mob​
Magic School​
Kingsman​
Assassins and Spies​
Red Queen​
Modern Gods​
Fantasy (both mild and high)​
Please know that I love world-building and even if you're not good at it or don't like it, I will gladly pull the bulk of the weight in writing up lore as long as you contribute to plotting.​

Writing sample: [they aren't always this large, I swear]

She had been up before the sun, completing her morning ritual of yoga and bathing, tending to her plants and experimenting with potions before she slipped into uniform and began to prowl the halls with her nose stuck in a book, her bag filled with necessities for class as well as guides for new students who she had noticed yesterday hadn't gotten the hang of their schedules or routes yet. Vulpecula tasked herself with guiding a group of adrift adolescents who were getting turned around, hazed by some of the older students as they struggled to find their way around through the crowd. It preoccupied her mind and disallowed her to be dismal with passing thoughts as she offered her best smile and assured them that they'd eventually get the hang of it and the other students had meant no harm to the tiny children. She hadn't bothered with attempting to engage them in conversation relating to their studies, figuring she would end up getting carried away and losing their attention with her babble.

Instead, she spoke of Magdalena's extracurriculars and staff as though she were a saleswoman making a pitch or a professor talking to a parent of a potential pupil. Her lack of personal boundaries proved to be of little issue, seeming to comfort some and amuse others as she linked arms with one of them while acting as their guide, patting a few heads while she was at it. They eventually arrived among the mass of other students eating and she quickly directed them to Eden's table, not too far behind them. Adjusting her badge and holding her head up, she turned her head to see that her nettlesome felines were prowling around and begging for a spot of food from her Housemates. Shaking her head with a light smile, the young witch fell into silence and stood in a bit of a daze as if not knowing what to do with herself now alone -- even in the room teeming with other individuals she couldn't help but to feel a mite lonesome.

It was the baritone of the Headmaster that drew her out of her convoluted thoughts, her brows lifting at his warning about wayward dragons that had migrated into Germany. She wasn't quite as fazed by it as most, pursing her lips. Dragons were dangerous and not a creature easily tamed. The only “tame” dragons to exist were counted on a single hand and weren't quite so much tame as they were conquered, doing their masters' bidding with the expectation of pain being delivered if they didn't comply. Those were dragons working in banks and Vix was among those in her family who opposed such treatment of the massive creatures.

Still, it was puzzling as to why a weyr of Chinese dragons were so far from their homeland and she wondered if they'd had caused any damage yet. Her question was answered just as the thought formed. They were wreaking havoc.

Vulpecula wished to send an owl to her brother but it was likely he wouldn't give her answer. He wouldn't want her involved in anything outside of her schoolwork. Besides, it wasn't like he'd be in the know; skilled as he was, he was still an apprentice and he worked in the Ukraine. No way he'd know what was going on here. Her own knowledge concerning dragons was limited to what tales her brother told her of his work, a few dusty books she had read, and the outrage her father brought home about battered dragons he treated at banks. Still, she knew enough that it was queer for the dragons to have migrated so far east.

She gave a sigh as worried chatter rose from many of the first years at Eden's table, offering a quick smile as she spoke up a bit. “Alright, calm down. I assure you that we are perfectly safe here from any dragon. The dungeons are sturdy and capable of holding and protecting us all. Besides, the only fire-breathing, coldblooded carnivore you need to concern yourself with while you're here is Professor Hardwick. If any dragons come by, I'm quite sure his temperament and scowl will send them off before you can say "Shuntbumps".” Her voice was raised enough that her table and a few other tables could hear her, her tone confident and light as she teased to ease the jitters. She earned a few laughs as the tension died down a bit though there were some still, understandably, worried. Quite a few of them had family in Germany and worried for their safety. Stark students nearby were quick to throw glares at the blasphemy she spoke of their House Head.

Ducking down, unsure if any professors had shot disapproving glares at her words -- if they'd even heard her -- she made her way to a small boy clinging to his sister, both seemingly on the verge of tears. They were from a small town on the outskirts of Germany, bordering France. “Warum gehst du nicht auf einen buchstaben arbeiten heute und senden sie eine eule, um ihre familie in der mittagspause. Ich bin sicher, sie sind in ordnung, liebt.” “Why don't you work on a letter today and send an owl to your family during lunch. I'm sure they're fine, love,” she told them. Unfortunately, the harsh German tongue clashed greatly against the more graceful flow of her native Greek language. It sounded so ugly. She had to speak slowly and sound out the words so that she wasn't misunderstood, fearing that the children before her would take offense at her slow-talking.

She gave her best reassuring smile as she wrapped her arms around them and pulled them in tight. They weren't overreacting, of course. Dragons were known to be dangerous and fiercely territorial. They might not be quite as spazzed if the news delivered hadn't mentioned that the dragons were attacking populated areas and farms. She would spaz too if she had heard that a dragon was flying around Greece off of the reserves, attacking cities and towns.

She was sure that Lidya and Gregorov's family was safe, assuming that the dragons had taken a northwestern flight rather than rounding south then east. If they hadn't reached Magdalena yet then they wouldn't have reached the Kripkes' town. So, she rubbed their arms and shushed them before leaving them to scribble letters of warning and well wishes whilst stuffing their faces. Vulpecula played with her hair for a moment and a half, moving along the table eventually to soothe a few more students, her lack of boundaries not being so strange now as she hugged and patted backs. She began reaching into her bag, passing out maps to those who had yet to navigate the large castle so that they wouldn't get into trouble for showing up late. Some hadn't yet gotten their supplies for class in hand and she encouraged them to do so before breakfast ended, lest they end up in a mad rush for their dormitories to acquire their things, stampeding back through the halls to reach class on time. It always did well to be prepared.

She took her own advice, caring little to socialize with her friends before making her way through the crush of other students as she headed for the greenhouse. She had Advanced Herbology up first with one of her favorite professors. She enjoyed talk of flora with the Aussie Half-Blood and even more, she enjoyed sharing her crossbred plants with him. She had a host of notes of her experiments in her trademark fox bag along with moving photos of some of her more mobile plants. She was recently proud of a plant she had cultivated that served double medicinal properties that helped with her sleeping disability and provided a tasty treat. She wasn't completely sure of its nutritional purposes yet though. However, it did cause a temporary problem with salivation of those who ingested it. She was very careful and timid with her experiments concerning plants, fearing that she might harm the greenery. Still, she was excited. Her cats weren't too far behind, bellies filled with pilfered meat from their morning of begging. They gave happy meows as the greenhouse came into sight.

They weren't the first ones there, having been beat to the location by three others. She recognized them from Herbology Club and gave them a wave as she marched right towards Professor Ludwig, pulling out a small stack of papers with photos attached as she did before immediately launching into a discussion as though she had only seen him yesterday. Which, she hadn't. For the first week of school, she avoided her extracurriculars with feigned sickness while she had gathered herself. She hadn't participated much in class either other than getting her work done, extricated from even her most beloved professors and subjects. But today she was a woman new, doing her very best to snap back to herself. That came with chatter. “Been meaning to show you these. I was originally working on a fruit-bearing plant to treat angina and dyspnea at once without the need for preparation and providing some ease on the taste buds, which I succeeded in, but it came along with some endophytic fungi. The plant is lobelia peculiarem hydrastis sapidum. I got the lobelia seeds from Eastern Africa, which I think carried the fungi.”

She proudly displayed notes and photos concerning a plant lush with dark green leaves and large bluish-purple berries with cream-colored ledge-like appendages growing from the stems near the base of the potted bush plant. “I'm still working on the, uh... The sialorrhea problem. And the... Well, it makes your lips numb. That only worsens the drooling. Still, it has proved effective in treating angina, dyspnea, and low blood sugar. The Silverseal does cause low blood sugar -- but you know that -- however, the lobelia peculiarem counteracts the berberine to stabilize blood sugar levels. I'll admit that I hadn't expected the two plants to cross well with one another but I am glad. I've been working on it for ages. I should have known that the lobelia was the perfect plant to counteract the Silverseal!” The chattering young woman moved both hands, hardly giving the professor a chance to peek at the notes or get more than a moment's glance at the photographs with her excited and animated movements while she explained the usage of her plant. It was hardly extraordinary compared to many other plants out there but she was quite proud of hers because it was hers.

Last edited:
Bound to You: S/He is a 974-year-old Vampire. S/He is the twenty-year-old reincarnation of their true love. Her/His best friend is the reincarnation of the bitch that tore them apart. Will history repeat itself? Full plot available upon request.

Sounds really interesting, if you're still looking. Send me a mail!

If you're into zombies, I'm doing some choose-your-own-adventure type stuff with a high possibility of getting eaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back