• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Final Fantasy Fabula | OOC

Are purchases from the Ability Board sequential? If you've got a spread that includes learning a spell, increasing a trait, then learning another spell, do you have to buy the trait before learning the second spell?

Are purchases from the Ability Board sequential? If you've got a spread that includes learning a spell, increasing a trait, then learning another spell, do you have to buy the trait before learning the second spell?

Oh I forgot to put that into the Ability Board explanation. Thanks for the question. No, different categories aren't sequential e.g. spells, stats, etc. but the level of ability in the categories is sequential e.g. you have to unlock Fire first before Fira or unlock HP +20 before HP +40.

Awesome. What about the cost to increase tiers? Final Fantasy 5 is the only model I have to go on for the Necromancer and it lists Dark Arts 1 as taking 30 AP to learn (which I think is meant to allow it as a skill you can apply in other classes) but it costs 45 for level 2, 60 for level 3, 100 for level 4 and 200 for level 5. Are we doing exponential increases?
Or is it moot? I'm actually inclined to treat learning a Dark Art as a MP +10, MP +20, etc. but make it a prerequisite to the individual Dark Arts you can learn. Which, instead of being learned for free like with traditional Blue Magic, will cost AP to purchase. So, for example, I might spend 15 AP to buy Dark Arts 2 (which gives a +20 to MP) and then spend 10 AP to learn Deep Freeze and another 10 AP to learn Evil Mist.

Is that how you envision this working?

Also what do I do with my blue mage character? I mean there is no basic blue magic. I have to either eat or get hit by the enemy in order to get the ability.

Awesome. What about the cost to increase tiers? Final Fantasy 5 is the only model I have to go on for the Necromancer and it lists Dark Arts 1 as taking 30 AP to learn (which I think is meant to allow it as a skill you can apply in other classes) but it costs 45 for level 2, 60 for level 3, 100 for level 4 and 200 for level 5. Are we doing exponential increases?
Or is it moot? I'm actually inclined to treat learning a Dark Art as a MP +10, MP +20, etc. but make it a prerequisite to the individual Dark Arts you can learn. Which, instead of being learned for free like with traditional Blue Magic, will cost AP to purchase. So, for example, I might spend 15 AP to buy Dark Arts 2 (which gives a +20 to MP) and then spend 10 AP to learn Deep Freeze and another 10 AP to learn Evil Mist.

Is that how you envision this working?

No exponential costs increase because we can't actually grind random battles like the game unless we want to take 100 posts on doing battles lol The way you described is perfect for the system.

Also what do I do with my blue mage character? I mean there is no basic blue magic. I have to either eat or get hit by the enemy in order to get the ability.

Yeah you'll start off with the Eat or however you want to learn the Blue Magic ability for free and maybe some basic Blue Magics. You'll have to learn new skills through enemies. So your ability board will probably be mostly stat and action increases.

Well, I took a first draft stab at it. Let me know what you think.

Dark Arts are kinda weird and I'm interested in seeing how Blue Magic's handled since they're basically Blue Magic...with only a very narrow selection of enemies you can learn the magic from (giving you a grand total of 10 effects you can learn, unless I make more from scratch or something...). Rather than having it be repurchasable and basically serving as a speed bump before being allowed to buy higher tier Dark Magic techniques (assuming they're encountered), should I just have Dark Arts be a default ability and if Sylphie encounters an enemy that has the technique and she learns it, she learns it?

Alright so I basically have two CS's to look over so my thoughts will come in a while. Bear with me.

Alright so I basically have two CS's to look over so my thoughts will come in a while. Bear with me.
bear1.jpg

can do.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Oh god, I thought I wrote "bare" XD

EDIT: Nvm, I used it correctly. You made me confused myself ;~;
to bare is the correct term :^P

bearing you is akin to turning you into a bear... or toss bears at you...

If it's the former I'm sorry to say but i can't throw bears XD

It's the former, I'm afraid.

Bear with me means to carry on with me.

Bare with me means you're stripping naked with me. ;)

It's the former, I'm afraid.

Bear with me means to carry on with me.

Bare with me means you're stripping naked with me. ;)
I'm proven wrong but I still laugh.

To strip, or throw bears.

Either way, I win.

Blu Blu I'm curious as far as MP goes or even Hp recovery, how are those recovered? Do they require a full rest or objects or is it something that refreshes after each battle or how do those work?

Blu Blu I'm curious as far as MP goes or even Hp recovery, how are those recovered? Do they require a full rest or objects or is it something that refreshes after each battle or how do those work?

HP/MP recovery via items or an Inn/Tent/Cottage used on the field.

To clarify I meant Tent/Cottage is used in the field. An Inn is in a town/village/city and you pay with Gil, just like the games.
... pay gil huh? Oh do we... *touches her fingers tips together like some evil genius as if she is coming up with some evil plan...*

... pay gil huh? Oh do we... *touches her fingers tips together like some evil genius as if she is coming up with some evil plan...*
*bops hana's head.* bad.

FYI - The character sheet does not play friendly with the rich text editor. For folks wanting to avoid the annoying double blue bar issue, you'll have to go into Preferences, uncheck the Rich Text Editor box option, go back and edit your sheet and repaste in the template text where the bar should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back