• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Final Fantasy Fabula | OOC

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

H83ovIJ.png

MENU | Prelude | OOC | IC | Party | Map | Bestiary (TBD) |

Story

"Our story takes place in the world of Decima—a land lost of its history. The earliest accounts of human antiquity dates back to 'Zero Day', a name given by many to the day that birthed the first kingdom, or so the scholars declare it so. The records does not mention the relics that were here before the first men and the first kingdom. Machines in the shape of man himself and the remnants of buildings of glass and metal scatter the lands. The first men did not know of their origins. Nevertheless, they found uses for the relics. They melted the metals for weapons and armor; that transitioned into strongholds and, in the current world, locomotives and airships. Equally as important is the discovery of crystal mines: the source of Magic. These crystals can be used to power machines, cure the diseased, and even be used for warfare. They say 'war was perfected with the smithing of the first sword, and it changed with the discovery of the first crystal.'

Where scholars and academia could provide no answers for the relics and the crystals, faith spoke in their place. According to legends told long ago, the universe was composed of nothing more than three aspects: darkness, chaos, and a single crystal egg. The crystal egg, with no forewarning, cracked and rays of light pierced the vast darkness, taming the heavens with stars. Not long after, the goddess, Gospel, emerged from the cracked crystal egg and brought order to the chaos. The clashing of light and darkness and chaos and order brought into existence two more goddesses—the progeny of Gospel's infinite Magic power. Yulia, goddess of the Dawn and Protectorate of Life. Nemesis, goddess of Judgment and Retribution. It is said that Nemesis betrayed Gospel and Yulia and struck Gospel down with a spear forged from a million stars. Gospel did not die but reverted back into a crystal egg. Her flesh rendered from her bones by Nemesis' spear formed into landmasses. Her tears became great bodies of water. And from her spilled blood rose the animals and monsters that inhabit Decima today.

Nemesis created soldiers of metal and great machines to wage war against Yulia. But Yulia, blessed by Gospel's Magic, defeated Nemesis and drove her into the dark reaches of the cosmos, never to be seen again. A shell of earth and water would not be enough to protect Gospel in her slumber so Yulia gave life to the first men and shape them in the image of the metal soldiers as she recognizes the strength of Nemesis' creations. The crystal egg, the core of Decima, grew branches like that of a great tree and delivered to the surface world the crystal mines—reservoirs of Gospel's eternal Magic.

It has been a long time since and the first kingdom is now gone. In its place rose the Wolfkrone Empire, the Hygarde Dominion, and the Republic of Memoria. These three nations dominate the modern landscape of Decima. Tensions are high between Wolfkrone and the other two nations due to recent aggressive territorial expansion of Wolfkrone's borders into what was once neutral lands abundant with crystal mines. Fear of war and Wolfkrone's military might has led the Hygarde Dominion—a highly isolated society—to secretly ally with Memoria in order to destroy Wolfkrone's current ruling government in order to maintain the peace they've known for so long.

Agents of Hygarde and Memoria's secret alliance has infiltrated Wolfkrone's capital, Astrabane, to steal the plans of a rumored new weapon of incredible destructive power and to deliver the plans to Memoria's capital, Solus Sede. The first half of the mission is a success and the agents are now on the lam and en route to Solus Sede with the weapon plans and... something else. A large egg-shaped crystal of mysterious Magic power is now in the party's possession as they flee towards a remote forest bordering a quaint little village in order to evade their Wolfkronian pursuers. Thus begin the new tale of the crystal..."

Rules

• All RPN rules and general roleplaying etiquette apply.
  • I have the final say in any and all things related to this RP.
  • Be respectful to your fellow players. Any and all disagreements should be resolved in private.
  • Everyone applying is limited to one character unless given permission otherwise.
  • Be faithful to the Final Fantasy franchise. This means humor, explicit language, violence, sexual themes, etc. when in-character should be in line with what is expected of a Final Fantasy game.
  • Do your best to be active at the very least in the IC. If you need to postpone your activity in the RP, give me notice beforehand. Without a warning, after a short time period, I will drop you from the RP and deal with your character at my own discretion.
  • Bare minimum posting requirement is one paragraph of approximately 3-4 decent-length sentences.
  • Since there is no simple way to prove the result of a die roll, we are working on an honor system. It's more fun if you're being honest.
  • It is necessary that one player makes a character that is part of the agents working for Hygarde and Memoria to steal the weapons plan for the sake of the plot. Everyone else can also make their characters belong to the same faction or go an entirely different route.

Follow the rules and let's have some fun with this.

Mechanics

• Combat in this RP is conducted with the Triple-ATB system or Active Available Actions Time Battle. With Triple-ATB, you write combat scenarios the same as you would for any other RP but with this system you are limited on how many combat actions you can perform per post. Active Available Actions like attacking with a weapon, performing Magic, and using an item all have a cost. Attacking with a weapon and the majority of Magic spells all costs 1 combat action. The first item use in an encounter is free of cost but any subsequent item usage in the same encounter will then costs 1. All characters start out with 3 combat actions per post. Each character has an HP and MP bar. When you run out of HP during battle, you are unable to make any combat actions for the rest of the encounter unless you are risen by the effects of a Phoenix Down, the Magic spell Raise, etc. MP is consumed for the use of Magic/Special Techniques. Weapon and Magic damage are flat numbers, making it simpler to manage what happens in an encounter.

Defend and Evade are also viable actions. Defend cuts the damage dealt by a single attack in half and costs 1 combat action but damage can be nullified all together if you spend more combat actions in defending than the opposing enemy does in attacking e.g. 4 Defend actions nullifies the damage of 3 Attack/Magic chain. Certain techniques/weapons/Magic can ignore damage nullification of the Defend action. Evade gives a chance of avoiding a single attack and damage altogether and costs 1. However, a successful dice roll of 15-20 on a 20-sided die must be conducted (Link to Die Roller Here) for the action to be succeasful. If you spend more than your opponent in evading, a die roll becomes unnecessary and you will successfully dodge all attacks.

Hitting an opponent with an attack/Magic spell they are weak to yields 2.5x the amount of damage they recieve and vice versa when it comes to resistances. For Magic that inflicts a status, a successful die roll of 11-20 must be conducted unless the target is weak to the specific status in which case it is a guaranteed infliction. At the end of your post during a combat scenario, you will need to add an Action Log which shows a quick summary of what combat actions you took in the post. An example of this will be shown within the RP itself. Finally, some Jobs may have unique actions that can only be performed by the specific character.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to say your setup is gorgeous.

Edit: OMG, the menu system is miraculous and I'm in love all over again.

Thanks, guys! I will say that everyone who is accepted is getting sprites for their characters :)
Ain't you a sweetheart.

Looks like I'm gonna have to put some extra love into it!

While I'm still looking at jobs, boss, how would you feel about me playing a nicer-than-to-be-believed Necromancer?

Blu Blu Gotta say, you put alot of work into this rp.Lots of love, i can practically feel it coming off of it.

Alright... got more of an idea about the combat system. Not 100% sold on the whole custom ability thing, see a lot of issues with that... but I guess it does give more customization and if taken care of well it isn't really any issue.

Anyways I'll toy with some ideas. Part of me wants to do a Samurai with the classic Iaijutsu. Part of me wants to do the classic White Mage, part of me is tinkering with a thief or a Monk... an d then another part of me wants to come up with some crazy and unique concept. XD

Last edited:
Alright... got more of an idea about the combat system. Not 100% sold on the whole custom ability thing, see a lot of issues with that... but I guess it does give more customization and if taken care of well it isn't really any issue.

Anyways I'll toy with some ideas. Part of me wants to do a Samurai with the classic Iaijutsu. Part of me wants to do the classic White Mage, part of me is tinkering with a thief or a Monk... an d then another part of me wants to come up with some crazy and unique concept. XD
From what I see it's standardized damage, techs and magic have a certain level of damage from this first level.

And besides, they all gotta go through approval so any iffy looking things are hammered out. Just like what we did for the other rp. From what I see in regards to acceptable power levels an example can be found in the gm's cs, small bonuses, but room for growth.

I'm replying to Hana but this applies to everyone.

Off course I'll have to personally approve every ability a character has and suggests any changes that is required so it's okay to not have a clear idea of the system as of now. Just experiment and ask questions if you need. You have a pretty high degree of freedom when it comes to your abilities so experiment away! If it helps, cap yourself to only a few abilities for now until you understand the system a little better by seeing which abilities get approved/changed or even as the RP progresses as your Ability Board is always open for editing.

Are there usual places to go to find face claims for Final Fantasy type characters? The aesthetic isn't something I usually come across so wondering if anyone has any resources to that effect.

Pinterest typically can help you, sadly the ff style is kinda be hard to find.

Ima avoid finding fc if that's the case and, just write it down. Unless someone can draw them.

Are there usual places to go to find face claims for Final Fantasy type characters? The aesthetic isn't something I usually come across so wondering if anyone has any resources to that effect.

You can try looking up Granblue Fantasy. The style is a bit more over the top than Final Fantasy but there is a nice variety; maybe you'll find one to your liking.

You can try looking up Granblue Fantasy. The style is a bit more over the top than Final Fantasy but there is a nice variety; maybe you'll find one to your liking.
I whole heartedly agree.

Granblue has some amazing art.

Or, hell, Final Fantasy XIV art works too. Go directly to the source. The art aren't of actual in-game characters anyway, at least not to my knowledge.

I might just wait a lil to see what others do character wise before throwing together a character idea. I'm terrible at deciding what I wanna do. XD

Everybody, meet your paladin this evening, don't worry, shes a good woman at heart.

1447890080164.jpg

Note* not sure what i'm doing, figured it'd be a silly thought.

I might go skimming for RPC maybe to inspire me to do something... or Ill go with my Samurai concept... or something else... Either way... eh I'll see. Feeling low key today so I'll probably just tinker with basic concepts, my mind is kind of scattered today. >.<

I might go skimming for RPC maybe to inspire me to do something... or Ill go with my Samurai concept... or something else... Either way... eh I'll see. Feeling low key today so I'll probably just tinker with basic concepts, my mind is kind of scattered today. >.<
Search your heart for the answer!

1475089721476.jpg

Ooo I know I can be
latest

Nuffin could go wrong with a claim like that! *Shifty eyes*

Blu Blu Out of curiousity sake, are you leaning story wise on a push for more of politcal elements with fantasy mixed in or is it going for the more traditional fantastical elements being a prominent element? Figure it might dictate a good 'theme' to focus as far as characters and backstory in general and how it might progress. ^^;;

Hanarei Hanarei I'm leaning more towards the fantastical side of things rather than political. No reclaiming thrones or overthrowing empires, the characters are on a journey to discover the truth behind the state of the world and the myth of the three goddesses are deeply ingrained into the story. That's all I'll say for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back