• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
“Don’t be alarmed...” The voice in their head said again. Then, a plant person then approached the duo, revealing itself to be a Plantera, a hive mind plant species who, due to their lack of mouthes, communicate telepathically. “It’s only this one. We apologize for communicating with you both unannounced.” The Plantera continued, saying all of it in Talia and Lux’s minds.

Then, Talia took a moment. She twisted her face and turned to Lux.

“Wait a minute, that means your five years older than me?” She said incredulously. People’s kept reminding her subconsciously about how stupidly young she was for this.

She jumped again when the plant creature appeared, and stared at it a little. She really needed to keep a weapon on her person at all times.

“I’m alarmed a bit, but that’s ok. Your fine.” She said, standing straighter, and smiling a little.

Lux looks quite confused at the plantera. He grabs his pad, “What do you need?” And shows it to the plantera. He has seen one of these before. And he is quite curious as to its purpose.

“Nothing, Lux. This one thought it would be nice to let you both know that the beta version of Multiverse Mayhem is being given to consumers who pre-ordered the game.” The Plantera responded to Lux’s question, though it is specifically telepathically communicating to Lux and not Talia.

Last edited:
Talia looked, at the plant person, intently taking in every movement and ‘expression’, analyzing her only in a way someone with medical history could. She didn’t even notice that she had been cut from the conversation.

“Longer than you have. That is all this one is going to say.” The Plantera responded, using telepathy as always. “This one hopes that you have a good day.” The Plantera then leaves the cafeteria.

Lux nods, and expresses his thoughts to the Plantera Consciousness still connected to his mind. "Thank you, Plantera. It was a pleasure." He thinks, sending his thoughts to the Hive Mind.

No response. It appears that the Plantera thought the conversation is now over and disconnected itself from telepathic communication to Lux, therefore disconnecting him from the Hivemind.

Talia held a bubble in her mouth, and shrugged. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to know.

“I’m..... not gonna pry into that conversation. But, you did answer one question. So now I’ll answer a question of yours.” She said, shrugging off her confusion for later.

"Alright. How old are you?" He writes, using a simple question since he let her ask him a question because she offered info on this, "Jamie"

Talia grumbled, and crossed her arms.

“Seventeen....” she said quietly, a little frustrated. She didn’t like when people treated her like a teenager, even though according to the law that’s what she was.

"I see. You're very mature for your age. I would have assumed you to be in your mid 20's." He writes and pats her shoulder, seeing her frustration at her age being known. He assumes that she wants to be treated like she's older.

Talia sighed, and gave a grateful look to Lux. Ussualy people laughed and asked what a seventeen year old was doing in an ‘adult life.’

“Thanks, Lux. But please, don’t ever write the phrase ‘mature for your age’ again. Sounds like something my grandfather would say.”

She smiled, picking on his choice of words, and poked his arm slightly, quickly, to show it was a joke.

He looks at her, and nods. "You know I'm working on tech for Kokoro. Is there anything you want me to make you?" He says, changing the subject.

Talia looked at him, expecting him to be joking, but her grin fell when she saw he was serious.

“Oh. Oh! Um, no.... I don’t think so. I mean, unless you can create a hair clip that can hold all of this,” She gestured obviously to her hair, smiling slightly at the length that fell to her waist. “In one clip? Then I’m good.”

She was kidding, obviously, but part of her was wondering if her could do that. That would be helpful.

"A hair clip to hold all of your hair? That could be done with some wiring and a normal clip. Easy. It'll be done by the end of the day." He writes, finishes the food that he nabbed from the construction workers earlier, and gets up to go back to his quarters.

Talia looked at him in slight awe. She stumbled over her feet, grabbed her coffee, and followed him. She didn’t mean to be clingy, she just was curious now.

“Wait, you can actually do that? Oh, that would be awesome! I have to use like, seven different bands and clips in my hair for a bun, and it’s honestly a hassle. I both dread, and look forward to the day when I need to cut my hair, because someone’s gonna be hurt, yeah, but I’ll have short fluffy hair.” She emphasized ‘fluffy’, and downed half her coffee. Pure black. Of course.

Lux nods at her, and enters his room, and lets her come in as well. She could see the minimalist room with a bed, a desk, and a closet with organized junk pieces in the corner. One frame that looks exactly like Kokoro, the perfected frame, was also in the room. He also had a lot more Ghost Cloth that Kokoro showed Talia that allows contact with her. He sits right down at the desk after grabbing some materials that no one would assume could make an ultimate hair clip.

Talia entered, and leaned on one of the door frames, watching him pull out his tools. She titlted her head to the side, and smiled slighty. Then, she gestured to Kokoro's 'body' frame, and gave him a questioning look.

"How is this going? It seems pretty cool, and like its coming along well." She poked its face, and scrunched up her nose comically when it felt odd.

He looks back and writes her his response. "It's coming along well. I'm still working on the texture of the skin and the realistic structure with her body type. I'm not sure what she wants her sizes to be, so I'm going off of what her ghostly apparition is." He writes, and puts the note on the table, and starts creating the ultra-clip.

Talia nods as she sees the note, and smiles slightly. She was pretty excited to see this ultra clip he was making, and finaly have something to make her hair styling process easier.

"Seems accurate. Question about the clip. How the heck is it gonna work." She asked, trying not to lean over his shoulder and watch. She herself didn't like when people did that, so she tried not to push it. Plus, he might still be annoyed at her.

He pauses his work to write. "Wires are going ot shoot out of the clip, sensors will grab the hair painlessly and style it using pulls and releases. The clip is already done, I just need programming on the different hairstyles you'll want. Buns, ponytails, braids, whatever. You can choose your hairstyle on an interface I'm going to make." He writes and continues programming the circuit board.

Talia looked at Lux, then at the clip, then back at Lux with and surprised and shocked look. She went slack jawed, and just stared.

"Oh my god, Lux! That's insane! And seriously cool. I cant have any bangs, obviously, so my hair is constantly getting in my face if I dont pull it up. This is so cool!" She said excitedly, biting her lower lip in anticipation. She seriously could wait to try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back