• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"I guess I'm hungry...I'll meet you in the cafeteria." He writes, shows her, then starts picking up the pieces of the prototype to use on the finished model in the corner. He puts his knife away after turning off the battery, and gesturing for her to go ahead to the cafeteria.

In the cafeteria, the Captain is sipping her cup of Zorglin Tea with a plate of small chicken tenders on the side. Ma’arz and Kqidons were also present, with Ma’arz tweaking on some sort of helmet and Kqidons eating a omelette with her sharp teeth.

Talia walks with him, all the while internally screaming in her head. She was such a bad liar when it came to people she knew personally. How did that even work...? Whatever, she wasn’t going to question it. She was just going to make sure Susan knew so it didn’t come back to bite her.

She was not going to be her brother and let her lies hurt other people. Subconsciously, Talia started fidgeting with the necklace, twisting it around in her hand. She was about to pull out her roller skates, when she realized she was still in her sweatpants and crop T. Crop shirt? T Crop? Whatever. Who cared.

As they entered, Talia skipped over to the coffee before taking a seat next to the Captain while it brewed. She was quick, and made sure Lux was out of range before she spoke.

“Hey Cap. Uh, thing that happened. Lux thinks you put his mask back on. As far as you’re aware, that’s what happened. Because he’s never going to forgive you otherwise.” Talia said hurriedly, her coffee still brewing.

“Pardon me?” Susan asked, curious on what she meant by that. Just as she said that, a part of the helmet Ma’arz was tweaking on fell apart, causing the Martian to slam on the table and screech “ACK ACK ACK! ACK ACK! ACCCCCK!!”, apparently cursing in Martian. He put his palm on his glass helm like he was trying to cover his mouth and said “My apologies, patrons.” and attempts to fix the helmet, grumbling in frustration.

Lux walks by them at that moment, and writes, "Watch your mouth, Ma'arz. That might hurt someone's feelings." He shows Ma'arz his pad, and grabs some food and sits across from Susan, then starts writing again. "Look. I'm sorry that I got pissed at you. Talia said you put the mask back on after...you saw. Thank you. I know she'd never lie to me, so I know it's true. Please forgive me." He writes, shows Susan his pad, and bows his head toward Susan.

Talia jumped in surprise, falling over in her chair but saving it with a handstand, and stood back up. She stared at the Martian for a moment, before grabbing her coffee and sitting back down. Once she did, she kept her coffee in her lap in case the Martian decided to slam his fists on the table again.

When Lux came over to the table and started writing, Talia sat straighter. She gave Susan a meaningful look, and played along.

“Yeah. I figured you wouldn’t get the chance to tell him for a while, so I did it for you. Trying to help smooth things over, you know?” She scratched at the edge of her nails again. She hated lying.

Susan immediately catches on on what’s going on. She absolutely DETESTS lying. Even if it benefits of sparing one’s feelings, she is a brutal honesty gal; she never spares a person’s feelings. “Lux, I really do hate to break the news, but... I didn’t put your mask back on.” She said to Lux while glaring at Talia.

His eye starts going red again, "I'm sorry? Can you repeat that? I must have misheard you." He writes, and shows it to her, unbelieving that Talia would lie to him.

Talia was taking a sip of her coffee as Susan said it wasn’t her, so immediately, she choked on her coffee. She was pretty sure some came out of her nose. She knew what Susan was trying to do. No sparing a persons feelings...... sure whatever. Just go ahead and break one of the few chances of Lux forgiving Susan in the near future. Probably. She wasn’t sure. She had no idea.

She groaned, and placed her head on the table. Of course that was going to happen. Backfire, why don’t you. Just go ahead and plan fail. She gave a hesitant glance up to Lux, honestly hoping he wasn’t mad at her, but knowing she wasn't that lucky.

Oh yeah. He was pissed.

“Let’s take this to a more private area. There are patrons here.” She said to both Talia and Lux, as she got up and left the cafeteria.

His eye is almost as red as when Susan saw his face. It takes all of his willpower to not go berserk right there, he follows Susan while glaring harshly at Talia.

Talia knew what that meant. She stood up and followed Susan, not even looking at Lux. She chewed on the side of her nails again breaking some skin, and took deep breaths. She put on a face of unairy calm, seeming unaffected by anything anyone could throw at her. In reality, she was really scared. She didn’t like emotional conflict. She should’ve stayed out of it. Oh well. To late now.

After they’re outside the cafeteria, Susan claps her hands together and breaths in to calm down. She wasn’t mad at Lux because he was pissed at her; hell, he has every right to be angry at his superior for knowing his secret. She was mad at TALIA for fabricating the lie and assume her captain would go along with it. “I’ll try to keep this as brief as possible.” She said to both to them. She points to Lux. “Lux Ormidail, I never put your mask back on to your face. Your ‘condition’ caught me off guard. Talia put your mask back on and likely fabricated the lie so you would forgive me faster.” She explains to Lux. Then she points to Talia. “As for you, Talia Shore. What have I told you about fabricating lies in this line of work?” She reprimands Talia, looking VERY displeased.

Last edited:
His eye goes as blood red as it was when she saw his face. His eye also has a little bit of blue in sadness at Talia's betrayal of his trust. His fist clenches as he listens to Susan. He glares at Talia with such hatred and pain that she betrayed him in his eyes, he even has a tear in one eye. He wipes it away and waits for Susan to dismiss him so he can vent his anger and sadness before he does something he doesn't mean.

Talia looked calm. It was a little creepy. She sighed, before trying to recall what the Cap’n had said.

“That lying will get us no where, and we’re only here for honest and genuine work? I’m not sure. Something along those lines.” She said quietly, as her entire body tensed and her features tight. She felt like a kindergartener getting scolded by a teacher. Stupid blood relatives passing along bad traits. She shook it off. She caused this mess. She would accept whatever punishment Susan gave. She knew from experience there would be a punishment.

Talia stole a single look at Lux, and instantly regretted it. She snapped her head back to attention, her gaze unreadable. She said something in Lunarim that was an obvious insult, at who it wasn’t clear. She almost said a name before she realized Lux could understand her, so she stopped mid sentence.

“Lux, even if you won’t accept it, I am genuinely sorry for inadvertently witnessing your ‘condition’,” Susan said to Lux, with sincerity in her tone before turning to Talia with a scorned look. “As for you, if I ever heard about you making another lie again, I will dock your pay! Do I make myself clear?” Susan sternly asked Talia.

Talia said nothing, only nodded, and took a deep breath. Talia’s gaze wasn’t at her eyes, more like at her hair. On her face, but not making eye contact. She gestured to Lux and murmured.

“What he said.”

“Yes, you both are dismissed.” She answered. “I’ll be on my way, releasing some steam.” She continued before storming off.

//... CRAP! Sorry we continued without ya, Bolt!

//Thanks, guys, happens all the time... I'll be taking a few to get on it...

Lux then left immediately. He walks with an aura of absolute hatred and betrayal around him, personnel going out of their way to avoid him. He makes his way to the training room, and starts doing aggressive simulated fights, and the like, using all of his hatred and emotions that he rarely has to make himself a better fighter in the training room.

• Kokoro had been dwelling in Lux's room since she even got there to work with him on what could essentially be sold as her future - she was getting on quite nicely, it seemed like. She's been lonely, but she's been focused, and is putting in as much work as she can to make this little process she is working on with Lux's help in mind - a little easier for both of them. She eventually stopped when she realised what had happened around her and had that look of 'what is going on here' on her face as she walked through the walls of the room, only to find everyone had already left. She sighed and seeing as she just left the room, she decided to go on a wander.

//Here ya go. All 3 of 'em are open for interaction, so take your pick, fellas.

Talia just stood there. She didn’t move for a few minutes. Then she started moving. She needed someplace quiet and secluded, like a library or a boiler room or something. Her moves were precise and fluid, yet she had absolutely no idea where she was going, but oh well. She kept chewing on the side of her nails, and blinked away the little drops by her eyes. Good thing about having all black eyes; it was near impossible to tell emotions.

Finally, she sat down in one of the hall ways. Of course she was lost, she hadn’t really been paying attention. But hey, that was her fault. In a random Burt’s of anger she took the necklace, her brothers necklace, into her hand and ripped it off of her neck, and chucked it somewhere in the hallway. The silver Lunarim Rune meaning ‘family’ clanked against the walls, and Talia left it. Kudos to whoever found it. It sounded like it went into some form of vent. She hoped it found its way into space or whatever, instead of the next floor down.

She then searched the halls for Kokoro. Or maybe she didn’t want to talk to Talia either...? No, it was ok. If Kokoro was mad at her then she would just leave her alone.

Good thing for Talia - her search was not a long one, and Kokoro was seen down one such hallway, though it was tricky to tell her mood from the back of her. Her phantasmal look shimmered a bit and she heard Talia approaching, turning around and looking back with one eye mildly shining orange in place of the scarlet red. "Good morning, Talia. I take it you're looking for someone?" She asked, blindly assuming before turning around in full, revealing both eyes were now the orange colour. Don't worry, she's not dangerous - that's just what happens when she's hard at work. That fire in her can be used for more than just burning stuff and blowing stuff up. She had used it to 'overclock' herself a bit, and was just chilling out at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back