• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Ma’arz nods and prepares for a small info dump on her.

“This type of VR helmet was made with a hybrid of Human and Martian technology. When you wear this thing and turn it on, the electrode pads inside of the helmet will put you in a state of artificial MRI sleep and will simulate your brain so your subconscious enters into a type of a hub area programmed into the VR helmet. In that hub, you’ll be given the option to play whatever games the helmet has downloaded. You play one of the games, your subconscious enters into one of the various Matrioshka Brains around the Galaxy that hosts said games. So... pretty fancy stuff.”

Talia grinned wickedly, and picked up the helmet. She looked at it, and then turned to Ma'arz.

"That's wicked stuff. Is it ok if I take it to my room? Id rather go into MRI sleep on my bed." She joked, hoping he said yes.

“Yeah, sure. Just make sure you don’t break the thing.” He answered. “Oh, and by the way, the game price was 60098 Quence.” He said, stating the Martian price of the game, which is, for the sake of simplicity, 49.99 in Human currency.

Talia hummed, surprised it was so little. She thanked the Martian hurriedly, and ran back to her room, her feet hitting the floor in a fast pace. Getting her account pager the minute she got to her room, Talia transferred the money over to Ma'arz. She got the headset set up, sat down on her bed, put the helmet on, and laid down.

She turned it on, and saw only black before it brought her to the main hub, just like Ma'arz said.

Welcome to the Main Hub
A voice said within the hub. The hub area, though beautiful, is a pretty empty place. After looking around her surroundings for a brief moment, she found a floating rectangular chip with a title that said “Multiverse Mayhem (Open-Beta Access)”.

Talia gasped, and took a step back. It was amazing to her, and she giggled. She looked at the chip, and reached out to grab it, wondering if that's how it worked. The hub, while empty, might be a nice place to just chill every now and then.

Lux left his room after making an extensive amount of Ghost Cloth. He wandered the halls because he was bored. He came across the lab, and saw Ma’arz in there. He entered. “Where’s Talia?” He wrote on his pad, and showed him.

Lux left his room after making an extensive amount of Ghost Cloth. He wandered the halls because he was bored. He came across the lab, and saw Ma’arz in there. He entered. “Where’s Talia?” He wrote on his pad, and showed him.
“Probably in her private quarters, entering into Virtual Reality. Why?” Ma’arz asked.
Talia gasped, and took a step back. It was amazing to her, and she giggled. She looked at the chip, and reached out to grab it, wondering if that's how it worked. The hub, while empty, might be a nice place to just chill every now and then.
When she grab ahold of the chip, everything suddenly became black again. After a little bit of time, she saw the red words [NINTENDO] appear in front of her. Then, suddenly, blue, lightning-shaped text appeared in front of her and a hilariously manly voiced screamed “MULTIVERSE MAYHEEEEEEM!!!”.

Talia watched as the screen faded to black, and jumped when it burst to life. She laughed a little, the voice being pretty entertaining. She smiled, and placed her hand on her hips as she waited.

Then, little text hovered beneath the title and the same manly voice whispered “Open Beta Edition”. Then, the options show from top to bottom:

STORY MODE
ADVENTURE HUB
OPTIONS
QUIT

Last edited:
"Virtual reality...I always wondered what that was like. Seems interesting. I think I'll try to make my own set. Thanks, Ma'arz." He writes, shows him the pad, and opens the door to leave.

Lux shows a thumbs up before going back to the room to do his research. He googles virtual reality, and watches several videos of unboxings and such. One video gives him the details on how it works, and he finds it fairly simple. He starts working immediately.

Talia skipped character creation. It probably wasn't that important. Unless she could get short hair.

She selected 'Adventure Hub', and waited patiently, dancing on her tippy toes.

After a bit of time of it loading all of the models and textures, she finally enters the Adventure Hub: it was a large, basic town with several roaming Beta-Testers talking, fighting, all the jazz. There were also little ripples through time and space that shows areas with different themes, such as Lego, Mortal Kombat, World of Warcraft, etcetera.

Talia let her mouth gape open in awe, looking at the sky and spinning around in pure awe. This place was amazing! She needed to do this VR thing more often. She wandered around for a while, taking in everything around her.

After a bit of walking, she eventually encounters a kind Martian Beta-Tester. “Oh, hello there!” The gamer greeted. “Nice to see another Martian in this world!”

Talia turned her head to say hello, before pausing. Martian? She looked at her hands, and saw they were in fact, Martian hands.

She facepalmed, and muttered out a curse word in Lunarim. This was Ma'arz's profile, it was gonna be a Martian. She groaned, half from embarrassment and half from annoyance. She brought up the menu, and gave an apologetic smile to the Martian.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a Martian. I'm a Lunarim. I'm using a friends account, and i didnt change the avatar." She said, about to select the 'Avatar' selection.

Lux was doing swimmingly with making his own, modified set with a better connection. He makes a few adjustments, and powers it on, then puts it on his head.

“O-Oh... Okay.” The Martian said before walking away. Weird. Anyway, Talia manages to open up ‘Avatar Customization’ and sees the following options: Helmet & Hairstyle, Chestplate & Shirt, Leggings & Pants, Boots & Shoes, Gender, and Species.

Talia changed the gender first, placing it from male to female. Then she selected species. If she could, she would have short hair instead of long. She wanted to see how it looked.

A long list of Species types was summoned when she selected ‘species’. They were: Human, [Martian], Plantera, Krystalline, Lunarim, Vagrok, Freakazoid, Shewdew, and Other.

Talia smiled, and selected the Lunarim option, and a thought came into her head. If they had eye color as an option she was gonna flip something. Every Lunarim except Royals had black eyes, so she was a stickler for details. But she decided it didn't matter to much. It was just a game after all.

After the avatar edits were complete, she closed the ‘Avatar Customization’ tab and went on to explore, but not bumping into a red Krystalline wearing iron armor. “Oh! Sorry about that, madam. Didn’t see ya there.” The Krystalline apologizes.

Lux found it didn't work, but a few minutes later, he had a totally-not-copyright VR headset that could connect to the Matrioshka Brains that ran the servers. He joins in and uses the "Other" option to completely customize his character to be exactly like him. In the equipment area, he made his armor/clothing as close to his current wear as possible. Which was mostly the same. He logged in, made an account, and joined in the hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back