• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
He waves her compliments off. He doesn't want to be complimented until it works perfectly. After about 5 minutes, he programmed about 20 hairstyles into it. He sets the clip aside, and connects it to an interface with a simple touchscreen. He gives her the clip and the interface that can attatch to the clip magnetically. He gestures for her to test it.

Talia takes the clip hesitantly, and scrolls through until she finds a pretty simple but fun looking bun with little braids through it. She tried that for fun once, but it hadn't ended well. She undid her braid, and placed the clip on her head. She closed her eyes and scrunched her nose nervously, not really scared but also not sure how it was gonna work.

She could hear wires zooming on her head, but felt her hair be shaped into exactly what she wants. The clip vibrates to show that it's done after a minute on the dot. Lux holds up a mirror for her to see if she likes it.

Talia opened one eye, and then the other, before her eyes flew wide and she grabbed the mirror.

"Oh. my. GOD!!" She screamed in Lunarim, jumping up and down for a second, and admiring her hair, before snapping her attention back to Lux and grinning like a damn mad man. "You. Are a miracle worker." She said, a missive smile on her face. She jumped up and gave him a hug, not even caring if it was awkward, before pulling away and looking at the clip through the mirror.

"Look at this! Bye bye, hair hassle! This is amazing! Thank you so much! I will be wearing this, like, all the time now." She said confidently, and placed her free hand on her hip.

He blinks at the hug, resisting the flinch of contact that he didn't expect. He looks at her, and writes, "No problem. It's solar charged as well. Just look at a nearby sun, or a light for that matter, and you'll be fine. Let me know if you need anything else." He shows her his pad, and she could see that his eye is completely back to normal purple.

Talia nodded happily, and smiled. She saw his eye, and sighed in slight relief. Red was anger, blue was sad, and purple was..... She wasn't sure yet. She almost reached for her helmet to see if it would fit, before she realized she was still in her training/pj clothes. She groaned slightly, and turned to leave.

"I got to go change. If there's one thing ive learned, always wear your armor in even the simplest situations. See you later! And thank you, Lux. I'm glad were back on..... mostly good terms. Really." She said, smiling at him.

He nods. Smiling ever so slightly under his mask, knowing she can't see it. He writes, "No problem. See you later," shows it to her, and looks back at the Kokoro frame to see how he would make the changes.

Talia smiled, watching him turn back to the frame, before she walked back to her room. she skipped more tan anything, her spirts officially lifted. Not even some random take over or invasion of pirates could ruin her day.

Talia was fully dressed, and laying in her bed, face up. She had her armor on, and her staff on her back. She tapped her toes together, and was pretty bored. She had no idea what to do. So, she narrowed her eyes and sat straight up. She ran over to Lux’s room, and knocked on the door several times.

“Lux!! Open up. I gotta borrow your phone.”
She said quickly, not sure if he was there or not. “I’m bored, so I’m gonna buy that VR headset and beta game! I don’t have a phone.” She exclaimed, trying to let him hear her through the metal. She tapped her foot, and added,

“If you don’t open up I’m going to go to Ma’arz, by the way. So if you don’t want me to use your phone for it just leave the door closed.”

Lux opens the door with a note. "I don't have a phone either. I don't need it. Sorry." is what is written on the note. He shows her the note. Talia could see behind him the perfected model of Kokoro's frame. He's actually just waiting for Kokoro to come by.

Talia sighed, and nodded. She turned on her heel, and waved to Lux.

"Thanks anyway, Lux. Also, Kokoro's robot is looking sharp! I hope it works well." She says, as she skips over to find Ma'arz. She goes to look in the laboratory, poking her head in and looking around for the Martian.

"Ma'arz? You in here?"

Ma’arz was indeed in the labratory. He was actually finishing up on fixing the VR helmet on the desk. “Oh! Hello, Talia. Feeling better?” Ma’arz asked.

Talia's smile grew even wider, and she nodded in response, before running up to Ma'arz at lightning speed, and getting really close to his face. Lux's hair clip that he gave her was still in her hair, the braid bun perfect.

"Help a girl out Ma'arz. I want a VR system, but I dont have a phone to order it. Can I order it from yours? I want to try out this Beta Mayhem game thing." She said happily, bouncing on her toes.

“Sure, I guess.” Ma’arz said before grabbing a cellular device from his pocket. “Why don’t you have a phone of your ow-“ he tried to continued before he finally noticed the new braid bun that she had. “Hey, changed your hairstyle, eh? I’m no female, but I’ve heard that braid styles are hard to do!” He said.

Talia grinned, and turned around so he could see the clip.

"They are! Lux made a hair clip for me so I had easier ways to do my hair. It can style my hair for me! Its awesome. And you'll really let me buy it on your phone!? I promise I'll pay you back!" She said excitedly, turning back around.

“Yeah, please do pay me back when you’re done.” Ma’arz said to Talia as he let her borrow his phone. “My account only accepts Martian currency, so I’d better not receive a notification about my account getting a deposit of Lunarim currency.”

Talia nodded, and hummed showing she heard him, but looked at him with pursed lips.

"How..... do I do this?" She said hesitantly. She had never had a phone before. She had no idea how to use one.

“Would you like for me to just order it for you?” Ma’arz asked. Meanwhile, one Human scientist, who was overhearing the conversation, turned around and gave Talia a very confused look. “How in the world do you not know how to use a phone??” The scientist asked, very baffled. “It’s like an essential device nowadays!”

Talia nodded, and handed the phone back to the Martian. She was about to push her hair back out of reflex before relizing it was still in its bun. She smiled slightly, and spoke to Ma'arz.

"Also, Lunarim money is pretty rare now I thought..? I know I dont have any." She said, shrugging. Then she heard the human, and flipped her head around to stare at him with her black eyes.

"Well, please pardon me for not using something that people can track, find me, and kill me if I piss them off. I am, still, an assassin, and have several bounties on my head. More dead than alive." She spoke with no sarcasm, just slight annoyance. She knew they wouldn't try to kill her. They were just soldiers (She was pretty sure.)

Last edited by a moderator:
“Don’t you have diplomatic immunity?” The scientist asked. “Diplomatic immunity doesn’t work that way.“ Ma’arz said to the scientist before he turns to Talia and begins to dial the number. “If you wouldn’t mind me asking, how did you became a member of Susan’s fleet when you're an assassin?” He asked.

Talia pursed her lips slightly, but then shrugged.

"Yeah, why not. I guess she just wanted a Lunarim on her crew. Whether for diplomatic purposes or otherwise, I have no idea. But when she met me, she offered me a place on her ship for equal pay of three assassinations a year." She expanded on that by looking at the human. "And I'm pretty expensive. So obviously, I agreed. Better than getting some dumb call about 'Oh my husband’s a jerk! I want him dead!'. Those are always annoying." Talia looked to Ma'arz, clearly excited about the VR. She knew it would probably take a while to get there, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ma’arz looked rather surprised when Talia mentioned that she was actually paid rather handsomely, though he laughed a little when she said the last part. Ma’arz finishes dialing the number and waits for Nintendo’s answering machine to pick up the call. When it did, Ma’arz starts talking... though he didn’t talk in English, oh no. He talked in Martian. And how did he talked? “Ack ack ack ack. Ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack. Ack ack ack ack ack ack...” ALL ACKS. “Kinda weird, right, Lunarim?” The Human scientist asked Lunarim. “That the entire Martian language is not her but ‘ack’s?”

Talia looked him straight in the face and smirked a little.

"Yes, but I assume my language would also be weird to you, as yours was to me. But yeah. Its all..... acks? It reminds me of some forms of animals, all responding in the same vocal wave, but different meanings. Its pretty cool."

Eventually, the Martian finishes the call, hangs up, and grabs the helmet. “I preordered the game and told the Nintendo employees to port the Beta version to this VR helmet.” He explains as he hands it to Talia. “Would you like me to explain how this piece of tech works, assuming you never HAD a Virtual Reality helmet?”

Talia looked at Ma'arz with some slight sarcasm, and rolled her eyes. Not in a mean way, more of a 'really?'.

"No, Ma'arz. I thought I would just wing it." Talia smirked, and placed a hand on her hip. "Yes, help me please." She smiled slightly, and looked at the helmet. "And thank you, I swear ill pay you back with Martian money as soon as I'm in my room."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back