• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Berserker's lip curled upwards at the word. Pretty. Her stomach felt warm. Pretty. Her nostrils flared. It was like staring at a raging bull in the face. Maddening to do, dangerous even. She bit her tongue, literally biting it in her mouth to keep the rage from rising to her throat and arms. It wasn't the word she hated so much, but it was close enough to activate her madness enchantment. Even she knew it was still too early to get worked up over something, especially since she hadn't warned them about that dreaded word. She let out a long and violent exhale, her entire frame shaking with the force of calming herself down.

"Don't ever use that word or any word like it around me, ever again." She hissed from behind gritted teeth. It wasn't the best first impression, but it was better than the rising urge to punch the female before her in the mouth. Most humans wouldn't survive a single punch from a Berserker. That would be a terrible first impression.

"Not that I'm trying to threaten you. But I hate that kind of flowery talk. I have no qualms with teaming up with you for the mission, but I really must stress this. Do not comment on my looks." She felt more and more self-aware as she spoke. It felt like acid dripping from her mouth with each and every word. "If you'll have me, I'll happily work with you."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

It's not every day one gets to meet not just one, but two kings on an allied side. Louis' practically had a heart attack from seeing the decked out pharaoh walking around like he owned the place. He could care less about how the Rider addressed and treated everyone, yet the fact of the matter remained that he looked shiny. "That guy could compete with Archer Gilgamesh, in both gold and arrogance." Passionlip joked, eliciting a chuckle from her master, too. "There's definitely truth to that statement," He agreed turning toward Ozymandias. "Though, both those traits can be effective in combat, in their own way." The Alter Ego hardly could see what use a Servant too big for his britches was; still, she treated her master's judgement. "You don't want to go over and say hi like Artoria, do you?" She inquired.

Louis smiled, "Only if you'd allow it." He didn't want to just drag Passionlip along where she refused to travel. However, on this day, in this moment, she said no. "Artoria was nice; this guy's a jerk in comparison. There's no way I'm letting him become a role model for you." She explained, to Louis' disappointment. "Well, alright. It's not like I was going to fanboy over him, anyways." He sulked. The Alter Ego groaned and grabbed her master with a talon; not tightly enough to crush him, like literally anything else she's tried to hold. Living at Chaldea has taught her much in the ways of restraint with one's power.

Being a smart inventor, Da Vinci could not wrap her mind around certain servants when it comes to their bravado and refusal to accept reality. Ozymandias and the way others immediately tried catering to him was beyond her; she really wished Lovecraft was done with his surveying already. It was just then when the Necronomicon, the eldritch caster's book, started 'ringing'. Opening the shaking book, the middle pages started to glow and fold in on themselves. They constructed a little paper effigy of Lovecraft, moving around and speaking as though he were right there. Veladreus, Ozymandias' master voiced his curiosity, of when the time to travel was. "Oh, uh, well, I've just been waiting for my little caster friend to finish hi preliminary observations of the singularity. I didn't feel comfortable just having you all rayshift to this one blindly." she explained. Holding the necronomicon for the master to see, she let Lovecraft detail the surroundings.

"Not much in the terms of man made structures; it's practically a barren grassland from what I can tell. Bunch of floating boulders in the sky, pitch black clouds. There's little humidity; don't know if it's the climate of this region or singularitywide." He stated the terrain, followed by what they expected. "Spiritron detection was positive; so, there are any number of servants here beside myself. Upon arrival, I was immediately attacked by a vagabond covered in shadow, and he spoke some language I didn't recognize." The results were a little disheartening, but would ultimately be as good as they would get.

"Thanks HP." Da Vinci replied, once the caster was through. She hung up and placed the dusty text back on the computer platform behind her. "Guess were all set then; that tentacled genius was ordered to set up a leyline as soon as he got there, so that's one less thing to worry about. It'll make it easier to verify you guys' existence, at least. Don't want all my masters and their companions poofing into nothingness on me." She joked, though the morbidity applied to Veladreus, too. Gesturing for him to head on back to everyone else, Da Vinci felt relaxed. With another servant already at the singularity as a tactic, the rayshifting will go unimpeded.

Clapping her hands together, she spoke, "Alright everyone. Our good tentacled friend has set up a nice little safe area for you all to rayshift to in the singularity. Based on what he informed me, there are servants there; whether they are accompanied by masters or not is unknown at this point in time. The same can be said about their alignment. They could be enemies, or be ambivalent, or not even acknowledge your existence; we don't know. I just want all of you to keep on your toes and remember; Lovecraft may be there already, but he won't be traveling with you. He'll be staying with the established leyline so that our contact remains intact. Don't expect him to be of any help; not like he is when he's around anyways." She laughed, before declaring, "To the coffins!"

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania CatJones CatJones BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby Magus Magus TelisOldfield TelisOldfield SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Last edited:
Saber and Barr listened aptly as Da Vinci finally made the announcement that everything was more or less set up on the other side of the metaphysical barrier. Barr gave Saber a long look and received a shy smile in return. If nothing else, it was somewhat settling to get such a calm response from a Servant that had never been on a mission before.

Barr finally broke from the wall and followed his Servant, noting as Saber gave Lucas a thumbs up as he went. The coffins were just steel cylinders with a good amount of technology and magic thrown in for good measure. There was enough room for one person per coffin, though with how thin Saber was, he could have easily fit another of himself in the tube. They both stepped into their respective coffins and waited for the process to begin. Barr felt his stomach drop at the idea of what they were about to do. Of all the things that could go wrong.

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Last edited:
What time was it? Asagami Fujino moved to set her book down on the table before her. It had been an interesting read, a woman who had committed adultery and been ostracized for it. As she leaned back in the wooden library chair, she couldn't help but feel a kindred spirit in one regard with the woman in the book. Though her own pariahism had been self-indulgent, self-involved to avoid the problems that came with dealing with other people in her state. Placing her hands on the table, she pushed away and stood up. Her purple hair swinging and swaying with each movement, her calf length dress following suit.

She had Cheldea to thank for giving her another chance at life, even if it was the hollow joke of a life she was living then and there. She would have had a headache if she put enough thought into it and if she had the ability to feel. A boon and a bane rolled into one tight package. Her pace was slow and steady as she set out for the center of the facility. The Rayshifting Chamber. She was certain that she had missed the deadline to join the current mission. Being any later would do little to hurt that fact. Despite herself, she soon found that her pace was quicker than expected. Her mind was occupied with so many other things that she hadn't even thought to check her pace as she went.

She stepped into the Rayshfiting room at the same time that Da Vinci had called for the mission to begin. Fujino stopped at the door frame. Had she just...? She took a step back and focused on the length of the corridor, thinking she had just seen someone in the hall, in a red and black body suit. She realized she must have convinced herself that she had seen something. Considering how poorly she slept, there was a decent chance she had seen a figment of her imagination.

Stepping back into the room, she surveyed the other inhabitants. Da Vinci at her command console. One woman in the old style of Japanese armor, obviously from the warring states era or newer, judging by the lack of the plank style shoulder pads that were famous at the time. Fujino wasn't bad at school, but she could only remember a few female samurai. Genchiho was the only that came to mind. Aside from her, a pair of Masked men had already moved into their coffins. Fujino had always thought that was a particularly apt name. At that distance, she couldn't exactly make them out perfectly.

There was also a small gaggle of people in one section of the wall of the chamber. A tanned mand with a flowing costume was speaking to two women. One who was short and thin with an obviously awkward posture. One who seemed far more excited about the interactions going on around her. All three of them seemed the picture-perfect image of attractive people and the whole slew of variations that made up. Near them was another man, dressed in far more normal and time correct clothing. Obviously, a Master. Lastly, there was a third group past them. Another scantily clad woman with the perfect greek body, a man in old clothing who looked just as tired or bored as she was, and another Master, this time a fiery looking redhead.

She didn't consider stopping to chat with any of them. Da Vinci had already called them to their duty. Fujino walked past in her usual slow pace, stepping into a coffin and waiting patiently for the go signal.

Last edited:
Archer
Rebecca politely smiled at the Pharaoh as the man looked into her eyes; seeming to search for the nature of her soul. Her smile slowly morphed into one of genuine happiness as his words, actions, and tribute request impressed her. The Great Pharaoh had spoken eloquently and cordially. His actions were already far and above more benevolent and merciful than most Kings, Chiefs, and Great Spirits that she had known. His tribute request had been gentlemanly and flattering. While the man's natural arrogance and social forcefulness had been off-putting and perhaps even distasteful; Rebecca felt the Pharaoh's assertions on his own greatness and rulership were worthy of her belief.

"I will give every effort into fulfilling your tribute and living up to your flatting judgment of me, Great Pharaoh."

Happy with the resolvent she had reached with the Pharaoh, Rebecca shifted the center of her focus back towards Shion. "Pharaoh Ozymandias I believe is secretly very sweet and kind. Don't you think, Shion?" Rebecca spoke her words in a soft whisper to the shy girl leaning on the wall. More loudly, and while taking Shion's hand, Rebecca led her new war-band member to the Rayshifting devices. "I would be thankful if you Rayshifted next to myself and my Master, and during the hunt staying near myself or him. My Master Lucas is still young in soul, but he has already proven himself in a hunt. He is a strong magus and would be happy to fight with you, against whatever abomination we may face, I am sure."

Reaching the Rayshifters, Rebecca replied back to Lucas mentally. "I wanted to help bring harmony to the war-party, and there is no shame in showing respect to another. The Pharaoh may have demand too much too soon. However; in showing reverence and deference to him, he must abide by those gifts and meet the demands he has placed onto himself. He must honor the expectations I have accepted and acknowledged from him as a great ruler and king. I did no dishonor to myself in apologizing or offering the reverence he demanded."

Archer opened three of the Rayshifters for herself, Shion, and Lucas to use. "Also Master please join me by the Rayshifters and meet Shion. She is a sweet and shy girl, so be gentle and polite. She may also need support during the hunt; nervous as she is."

Finishing her mental words to Lucas, Archer switch to physical words for Shion. She nearly spoke a question on whether Shion wanted to go on the hunt and if the girl was ready for battle. Archer however paused for several moments. She didn't know Shion's life path that had led her to Chaldea; however the young living soul was here. Speaking doubt on Shion's life path would invite only more fear and hesitation into the girl.

Instead Archer took the living girl's hands into her own and offered a soft prayer. "May you have the strength of eagles' wings carry you, even when cruel cold winds bite and blow you back. May you have the faith and courage of stars' shine to reach new heights, even when you lose sight of the friendly flowers and guiding rivers down below. May you have the wisdom of the Great Mystery to guide you, even when the dark skies and heavy clouds hide your kind heart."

Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Tokugawa watched as another newcomer arrived, walking into the room with slow purpose. She eyed the rest of the crew, even taking a moment to check her out. This purple haired girl seemed to be admiring her armor to some degree. Her sense's picked up a Servant, however. She must have been the one who had sent the rune into the room to spy on them. Either she was uncertain or just cautious. Either way, She would have more time to monitor her once they had begun the mission, which seemed to work out for the best as Da Vinci made just that call.

Tokugawa stepped away from the wall and made her way to the coffins, choosing one at random and ending up seating herself rather close to the new girl.

RanmaruMori RanmaruMori

Shion watched as Rebecca seemed to divide her attention. At one moment focusing so closely on the Pharoah, the next on another member of the room, and finally settling back on her. Shion knew that real Servants had a connection to their Masters that allowed them to communicate at distance with just the strength on their will. With no Master, she obviously lacked that capacity. Though, if she had another person who would be able to speak directly to her mind, she doubted her fragile grasp on her own mental health would quickly melt away, leaving her even more of a panicked mess than she normally was.

To her surprise, Rebecca turned her attention back to her, requesting that she join them on the mission and even doing so in close proximity to them. Was this like choosing seats at lunch? Who to sit close to, who to sit further away from? It was a dizzying idea to join them in their mission. She wasn't exactly a warrior, even by the more loose description that the Pharoah had used. And even with their attempts to rally her fleeting courage, she still shook with a mix of adrenaline and terror when Rebecca took her hands in her own and said a prayer. Or what she thought must have been a prayer. She spoke of things that Shion didn't understand, a Great Mystery is a part that made the least amount of sense.

Shion let her finish before she spoke, averting her gaze away from the woman and towards an unused corner of the room. Her mouth had suddenly become dry, and her tongue felt like it was made of iron, threatening to fall out the bottom of her gullet.

She finally spoke, still in her wavering and stuttering voice.

"I d-don't. I'm not ready."

The realization that she was expected to help in the fighting was still a heavy burden on her shoulders, drilling further terror into her as the possible endings to this little foray ran through her mind. She didn't want to be a burden, she didn't want to be a distraction. What if her slowness got someone else killed? What if her weakness got someone else killed? Tears welled near the corners of her eyes as her body and mind came to the same conclusion.

She wasn't ready yet.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Archer
"If not now, then when Shion?" Archer asked, still holding the other girl's hands in prayer.

"Your life's path has brought you here. God and the Great Spirits have already given you everything you need to face all strife. You have received the blessings of an ancient king to join him in war, and the offered friendship of a silly tribal girl from America who would be forever thankful for whatever strength you can offer." Archer said her words with as much warmth, truth, and sincerity as she could color into her voice.

Archer had joined in several hunts in her living life; however she had never been the war-party leader. As a Shaman it was not her place to lead others in hunts, and far too many would have been too afraid of her to effectively lead. She had learned much watching the war-party leaders however. Especially when they guided and gave bravery to the yet to be hunters. The young boys that new nothing of the deeper forests, the unforgiving reality nature, and the hidden beasts who stalked in the shadows of the world. Craving human flesh, as much as their people did animal flesh. The world was as cruel as it was beautiful; however Matoaka believed young souls like Shion were far more beautiful than the world itself and were capable of making it kinder.

"Do not be trapped and hidden in safety and comfort, Shion. It is a sad fate to never experience the world outside of our homes. To truly live we must walk to our fears and share ourselves as much as we can with others and the Great Mystery. With you will be the entire war-party to fight and travel with you. I am not a strong Servant; however I will do everything I can to face whatever you may face, and walk whatever path you must. Together with you."

Archer released Shion's hands. "I will not demand of you to join us, if it is truly not your wish. However, I will ask if you will not join me as a sister-in-arms; will you at-least be a friend for me to return to? Your friendship would give me strength to face the world's evils. In that way you will still be with me in the hunt; even if you cannot be there yourself."

CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
"Well, that was close." Rin said aloud as she slid out of her hidey hole just moments after that purple haired girl had passed. She knew that the circumstances of her summoning had been irregular and her only concern was being seen as an invading intruder rather than a sudden ally. After all, the Moon Cells data had a record of an attack on the facility. The magnetic field that surrounded Cheldea made observing difficult, even for the near omnipotent Moon, meaning they only had the flimsiest of understanding about it.

At the same time, the Rune had given her a better feel for the room, short lived as it was. They seemed just as, if not more, uneasy at the coming mission then she was. She let out a quiet huff, rescanning the faces of those present in her minds eye. Not a single Servant she recognized was there. They were all strangers to her. Not that she needed facilitation to ease her way into this group, it would have just been easier to have had people who could vouch for her already present.

Rin Toshaka rounded the corner abruptly, pale eyes scanning the multitude of faces before her with a air of feigned confidence. Despite her usual on point personality, there was a sudden tremor in her chest at the thought of introducing herself for the first time as a summoned servant, rather than a pawn of the moon. Her concern was remediatied somewhat at the fact that a small fraction of the tram had already prepared themselves for Rayshifting.

But the majority of the squad was still out of their coffins, taking their time with a smaller girl on the team. Not that Rin was one to talk about height, since she rarely ever towered over anyone. She eased closer to listen, hearing the more colorful female of the group speak to her. This 'silly American tribal girl's had a soft touch with her words, but one that had more weight than she realized. She had obviously missed the earlier parts of the conversation, but judging how the girl was shaking and couldn't even face the person before her, an obvious answer became transparent. Rin scoffed as she stepped in, putting herself between Archer and the girl.

"If she said no, don't try and goad her." It wasn't the most diplomatic way to start a relationship, but something welled up inside her. A mixture of her own history and the strangely chivalrous mental jabbing of the saint graph that she currently used to give her her abilities. "And you shouldn't ask people to be your friend. That's something that comes along naturally. You sound like Shinji when you say it like that. You don't know who that is, granted, but it sounds like something he would say. Like they're a pawn, not someone you care about."

She stood with her hands on hips, eyeing her fellow female Servant. She was quickly losing air in her sails at the prospect that she might have overstepped her bounds.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Rider - Jonah
“Of course. And I promise you I shall do my best not to comment on your appearance.”

Like that, Rider felt a new link established between his master and Berseker. One that would serve as an extra battery of mana should she need it. One that would allow them to speak to each other in ways beyond words. Perhaps, one that would allow Leila to better understand Berserker’s madness as well.

Rider had reached for his sword the moment he sensed Berserker’s malevolence, though he did not draw due to her impressive restraint. He wasn’t a violent Servant. Probably not as strong as Berserker physically either. However, he would do his best to defend his master if need be.

The rest was left in the hands of God.

Releasing his hold of the hilt beneath his traveling cloak, Rider breathed out a sigh of relief as he turned to follow Leila to the rayshift coffins. Fortunately, they wouldn’t be going into the singularity completely blind. Barren grassland. Pitch black clouds. Sounds a bit ominous really, but it was better than nothing.

“Appearances can be deceiving anyway.” Leila hummed as Rider helped his “young” master into the coffin. “Take Jonah, for example. He doesn’t look it, but he's very prickly on the inside~”

“And you talk too much Master.”

“But it’s by talking that information is gained. Even back in the stone ages, homo sapiens grunted at each other you know. For survival. For enjoyment. A world without talking is rather dull.”

Shaking his head in amusement, Jonah closed the coffin. Leila didn’t like losing even if it was over the simplest of things. He nodded at Beserker, who he deduced to be a warrioress. “I’ll see you on the other side.”

Jonah/Rider was on his way to his own coffin when he heard a different sort of conversation. Archer was clearly pious, given her prayers, which were something he could appreciate. Prayers…even if they were largely Pagan. The Servant who had received a lecture from Ozmandias was hesitant to enter the coffin and a dark haired girl intervened. Both were very obviously Servants but at the same time they felt a little…odd…to him. Different from the regular heroic spirits.

“No one is really ready for anything.” Jonah spoke as he climbed into his coffin and closed his eyes. He didn’t care about the clashing views between Archer and the new female servant anymore than he cared about the ones between Avenger and Ozmandias. It wasn’t something he fancied himself getting involved in. However, not feeling ready was something he could relate to. Therefore his advice was for the girl that everyone tried to help in their own way and her alone. “Things happen when they do. When God wills it. So just pray and do your best. That’s all any of us can really do.”

Hopefully they wouldn’t encounter any shadow vagabonds when they got there.

BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer , CatJones CatJones , MocaPoka MocaPoka , SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Last edited:
Berserker nodded her gratitude as she was promised that her second to the least favorite subject wouldn't be brought up again. She had no way of forcing them to keep that subject under lock and key in the mind, but threats of violence would carry her long enough. The each said their piece before heading over to the coffins. Tall metal cylinders, designed to separate them and realign them at their destination. She didn't exactly understand the science and magic behind it, but it was more comforting knowing that is kinks had been worked out since the original issuing of the Grand Order.

Jonah seemed to be spending a lot of time focusing on the conversation that Archer and her the blue haired girl were having, though seeing as how he was answering as he entered his coffin, he doubted that they could hear them. Then again, if she was truly an Archer, her perception might be high enough to allow her to hear even at that range. Berserker followed the two to the coffins, heaving herself in one. They were less cramped than they looked and more cramped then she expected. She already had some ideas on what their plan should be on the other side. Tokugawa, Jonah, and she could probably make up the main combat team. It was the start of an idea, at the very least.

"Yeah. See you there." She answered back to Jonah, closing her eyes in anticipation for what was about to happen.

Shion cowered once more, this time from the immense pressure from Rebecca. The native girl respectfully reminded her that she needed to experience life from outside of the facility. Yet, it had been her life in the world that had caused her so much strife. Her mind was reforming its opinion, trying to come to a new answer. Rebecca obviously wanted her to go and the Pharoah was obviously trusting her as well. If she didn't go and the Pharoah got hurt, would he blame her for not being there when he bid her to? Would she be held responsible for her backing out and sharing the parties wounds as her own failures? [

To make matters worse, Rebecca let go of her hands. A cold and bitter wind that hadn't been there before stung at her skin. As if, in just that tiny moment of contact, she had been warmed for all her life, only to be placed into a frozen tundra, naked and afraid. Was she truly so starved for the touch of her fellow man that such an innocent thing ignited something from the depths of her mind, something forgotten, something she had refused to surrender to the men of that facility? Something that had made her happy; that forbidden emotion.

Shion didn't get a chance to answer as someone else stepped into her defense. A woman in a red and black body suit. She spoke with a high pitched voice and a rather proud tone. From behind her, all Shion could see was black hair and red ribbons. No face to attach the voice too. Shion didn't focus on what the woman said, instead she fidgeted her hands into the pockets of her jacket. She kept her prized possession there. Her only possession. It was a small soft doll of a cat. It was old, the black of its fur faded to near gray. It bore several patches on itself, from where it had been torn up in the past. One of it's green eyes had fallen out at some point and she never bothered to get it fixed.

It was the only thing she had taken from her home when the enforcers had brought her back. When her father had looked on with such disappointment. As if he was upset to see her again. Her mother coddled their newborn son and looked at her as if she was a viper in a chickens coup. Years of abuse and suffering; a black tunnel with only the tiniest light at the end, goading her to fight with what little of herself remained. Only for that light to be a 50-watt bulb on the verge of burning itself out. Shion didn't care what the two were going to argue about. She didn't care how childish she looked with that toy in her hands.

She stepped away and towards the Rayshifters, holding the cat toy tight to her chest and looking back at Rebecca. She was uncertain at how to proceed. Uncertain if it was okay for her to go alone to those metal machines. She held the doll out enough for the native woman to see it.

"Is it okay if I bring this..." She trailed off, not sure if she should be asking permission to bring the only constant her life had had for the last several years.

MocaPoka MocaPoka SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Lucas remained still for a while longer, even after Da Vinci and Lovecraft finished giving them a bit of extra information. He couldn't help but glance around at everyone here. The extra help would surely be appreciated, but he wondered if it would be worth it with personalities like Ozymandias around. Well, they weren't all bad... And he did have a few others he knew he could rely on around too. He suppressed a mental sigh as he replied to Archer. "I'm coming, I'm coming... I'm not the last one or anything."

He meandered his way over towards the coffins, and was unsurprised to see Archer seemingly having attracted yet another stranger to talk to. Lucas couldn't help but wonder if she simply like the attention sometimes, considering how often she seemed to drag attention to herself. Catching the trail end of their conversation, Lucas considered if it'd be rude of him to suddenly interject... Well, Archer did call him over, so... Probably not? He shrugged to himself and walked over besides Archer, making his presence known.

"Come on, I'm sure she's just being polite about things. No need to read too deeply into her words when she's just trying to cheer someone up. Really, she asks that to almost everyone who'll give her enough time to open her mouth." He steps up besides his Servant, speaking to the woman dressed in a red bodysuit. Really, she had to be another Servant to walk around wearing that, right?

His eyes cut down to the meeker girl now, furrowing his brow in a momentary show of concern. How old was this girl...? She seemed so small and slender. He probably could've picked her up and carried her on his back without even noticing that she was there, not to mention the stuffed animal in her hands. Had Chaldea taken to using child soldiers now? Lucas' lips twisted into a frown of distaste at that but he quickly replaced it with a thin smile. He'd speak to Da Vinci about this when he got back perhaps. "You can take whatever you like, as long as you don't mind that it might get a bit dirty."

"I take it this is Shion?" Lucas asked, glancing up towards Archer. "You didn't really describe her, so I'm just taking a guess here."

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka

Archer
Rebecca waited for Shion's response to her requests. The girl cowarded at her words; filling Rebecca's heart with guilt. She knew she was forcing the girl to confront her life's path. It was not an easy thing to travel for most people; however it was still one that only caused further harm if it was resisted. Archer was a Shaman; one of her most sacred responsibilities was guiding souls (living and dead) on their correct paths. Shion was meant to be here, meant to be on this hunt. Rebecca didn't known why, but if God and the Great Spirits had lead her path here, there was surely a reason and purpose for it.

The two were interrupted by another woman. Black hair, a skin tight red suit, and lovely hair ribbons. The new woman felt like a Servant, mostly... she was strange in a way. Almost like Shion, if less intense; a spirit yet with a spark of living life. Still she was more Spirit than living compared to Shion. The new Servant admonished Rebecca for her words to Shion. The words stung; even causing her to take a step back in retreat as if she had been physically struck. The hair-ribbon girl words were true in some ways. Rebecca was pressuring the girl to go on the hunt, and if not that, than to be her friend.

Shion was a soft soul. Were Rebecca's words being taken as controlling? Bullying? That hadn't been her intention at all! She had simply wanted what was best for Shion! Not to make her be some kind of pawn! But, it was true that friendship happened naturally. Did Shion not like her? Was that why she was being so quiet? Was Rebecca forcing herself on Shion?

"I-I do care... I... I didn't mean to... Shion is simply uncertain, and I wanted to provide a guiding light. I wish for no pawns, but I do wish for friends..." Rebecca gave a rare stutter and hesitation to her words. Uncertain if her want for friendship was causing her to be sinful. Greed, lust, and envy were powerful things that could twist even something as pure as a want for friendship into something ugly. Was she being selfish and sinful in her interaction with Shion? Was it so clearly obvious to everyone but her that even this stranger could see it and feel the need to defend Shion from her?

Lowering her head to the ground, Rebecca let the shame wash over her. The woman defending Shion from her stood with her hands on her hips; awaiting a response from her. Rebecca struggled to form an acceptable apology; she was interrupted by her Master joining them. Defending her (if perhaps with not the exact words she would have preferred he use.) Archer was grateful and proud regardless. It was in some ways a role reversal for them. It proved his growth as a person and man.

" Yes this is Shion." Archer spoke to her Master before addressing the two other women. "This is my Master, Lucas Cross, Magus of the Association, heir to the Cross family."

Shion further caused Archer to drown into a river of guilt at her request to bring a cat doll. It was a ragged thing. Obviously still precious to the girl and clearly a terrible idea to bring to the hunt. Anything brought to a battle, hunt, or war, should be expected to be lost or destroyed. Clearly this doll was not such a thing that would be an acceptable loss. Rebecca had her own precious dolls of animals that Lucas had given her as tributes. They were very precious to her and she couldn't imagine risking any of them on a hunt.

Rebecca opened her mouth to say that it would be best for Shion not to bring the doll. However, Lucas spoke first. It would have been unbecoming to disagree with her Master. It was also not an issue that Rebecca did not want to hurt Shion over. The doll would likely give the girl comfort and strength. It would be a childish thing, silly and foolish, for a woman and warrior to bring. But, Rebecca couldn't find it in herself to force the issue.

" Yes... It is ok Shion. I will have to show you my own dolls that Lucas has given me later." Rebecca spoke the words with less enthusiasm than she normally would; before turning to the new Servant. "Thank you, Miss. It was honorable and knightly of you to defend Shion. I did not mean for my words to be goading. I do wish for friendship... however, perhaps I should be less forward with such things..."

Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Rin was less than pleased, with Archer's response to her and especially with the intervention of her Master. She stood up straight, removing her hands from her hips to cross them in front of her chest. She gave Archer a much more stern look now that she had said her piece and Archers Master had replied, both for her and in defense of her. Yet it was even more damning to her argument as Lucas admitted that Archer asked everything under the sun to be her friend. It was both pitiable and pitiful. This Servant must have lived either a wretched or a wonderful life, with very little chance for anything in between. Rin softened her gaze, Archer was obvious in her guilt and penance. She turned on Archers Master first, addressing him.

"I understand that you were trying to stick up for your Servant, but next time say something that doesn't make her sound so pitiful. It sounds bad if you make it sound like your Servant has such little self-control, even if it was a true fact." She spoke bluntly, getting her point across as quickly as possible. She needed to wrap this up and get to her own coffin. The mission came first, this distraction second. She wheeled back around to Archer. She felt a tinge of regret in treating the Native girl and her Master so harshly, but it was the time before a mission. They needed to think clearly.

"And you. Don't ask people to be your friend. Earn their friendship. It's an important bond between two people. Words don't make a bond; actions, and similar souls do. Kindness is fine but think about the other persons want before you ask such a thing of them. It makes it seem unnatural to want to form such a bond without having any understanding of each other. Like trying to bake a cake without knowing how and not reading the instructions." She began to walk past them before peeking at Shion in the corner of her eyes. "Now, come on you three. We need to go start this mission. Look at how many others we've held up."

She took her part of the blame without pause. She could have just walked past this little problem and left it as is. Shion seemed willing to go on the mission, but it didn't mean that she was truly ready for what was being asked of her. Rin assumed that part of the girl was a dependent personality. She seemed to attach herself to Archer, asking her permission to take a doll with her had been the proof of concept. The girl was like a duckling, impressing on those around her. Rin was curious how long it was until she would start talking like Archer. She still felt a pulling in her gut, the disapproval of her Saint Graph wanting her to turn around and make her own pact as a warrior. Cu Chulainn might have disagreed with her somewhat on how she saw friendships but she was stern on the subject.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones

Louis was nestled comfortably inside his coffin, as he felt a bit of mana be used up by Passionlip. She had managed to partially spiritualize her talons, to allow her to get into the slightly modified coffin. 'Time to show all of Chaldea how awesome she is with her humongous, crushing claws!' He psyched himself up, as the coffins charged with electricity. The master was the first of the pair to find himself slipping into a brief moment of unconsciousness, as he was being transferred to this far off Singularity. It was not obvious as to why he, someone with no combat experience, was allowed to be accompanying everyone else; though, it would surely serve to strengthen his, and his servants, character.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da Vinci had multiple Chaldea staff minutely keep tabs on everyone's vitals, as the coffins worked their magic. The last thing anyone needed was for someone to perish mid-rayshift, leaving a corpse behind. She recalls such events in the earlier days of the rayshifting experiments, shortly after her first being summoned to Chaldea. She re-encourages herself, "That can't ever happen again, thankfully."

With the humming of machinery, all coffins were activated at once; masters and servants alike being sent across space and time. It would be a killer view, if it was possible to even be conscious for the experience. However, it happens in a mere blink of any eye, despite the trip seeming like taking many minutes. Darkness shifted to brightness, as a white sun shone in the dark blue sky above. Oddly colored clouds flew by without the aid of a single breeze, making the air very dry and stagnant.

Calculations of Chaldea were spot on, for they all arrived just where Lovecraft had set up the leyline circle in the arid land. Around it, he decorated with Eldritch obelisks and statues; seeming alive, yet inanimate at the same time. A tent, if one could call it that, was constructed of a membranous organic material, where the caster sat in a stone chair for rest. "Good to see you've all made it," He greets, a loud cracking noise as he shifted to a standing position. "I apologize for the lack of more decor. There's only so much I am allowed to do with my limited use of Chaldea's mana reserves."

As if showing off a tapestry he'd made, Lovecraft treats everyone to the obscurely shaped earth they stood upon. Boulders levitating in midair, ground rising up in spiral structures, plants hanging from the ground, growing upside down into the sky. "The lack of attention to reality is something I'd love to inquire about." He stated, kicking a rock lightly; it zooming off into the distance with much more speed than put in. "I'd write a story based off this place."

With the leyline circle being a center point, different directions led to clearly different biomes; the sky's above being starkly different in color to each other. The southern direction ahead of them all, a forest of barren trees, with fire roaring at their bases, not damaging them. West and east were similar, in that floating smoke paths rested above major dropoffs in the landscape. Destroyed pillars and building debris orbited around the path like some sort of gateways; yet the eastern one rose up into the sky. Going right into a cloud, the end was less visible than the western variant's horizon. North was completely inaccessible; an ocean of bog water preventing any travel in that direction. Whatever lands lay on those dirty seas, would be unknown to all.

"Truly astounding." Lovecraft breathed in deeply, going back to his tent to retrieve his version of the necronomicon. Flipping through the pages, he stopped at one with a sharp jab into the paper. A miasmic fog drifted up, doubling in on itself mutliple times to create a rough above ground view of the singularity Lovecraft has discovered. So far, only their current located was depicted; yet purple dots lay outside of it. "Here's our issue about all this," He began explaining, turning the map around for all to see. "Each spot represents a servant, though their spirit origins are ones Chaldea does have in their databases." The numbers of servants are as follows: south has multiple spots clumped together, signifying a gathering of at least 10 servants. East had just one, with west having the spots seem to dip in and out of existence. North seemed the most unusual, with only 2, yet the spots were 3 times the size of all others.

"I'm trying to decide which path would be the safest to take at this current moment; anyone having opinions on the matter is free to state so." The caster openly stated; though he seemed eager to go south.

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel TelisOldfield TelisOldfield PyroMonomania PyroMonomania CatJones CatJones SunRaHunter SunRaHunter RanmaruMori RanmaruMori

Veladreus and Ozymandias

The Pharaoh warmly smiles as Rebecca responds, "I will give every effort into fulfilling your tribute and living up to your flattering judgment of me, Great Pharaoh."

“Hahah, of course you will. I trust that my judgment of your true self is a keen one.” He turns when we notices Shion acknowledges his previous speech with a shy nod. He simply smiles in her direction as he knows that words won’t help her anymore as he has already gotten across what needed to be said.

—————————

"Oh, uh, well, I've just been waiting for my little caster friend to finish his preliminary observations of the singularity. I didn't feel comfortable just having you all rayshift to this one blindly." Da Vinci explained. Holding the necronomicon for the master to see, she let Lovecraft detail the surroundings.

Veladreus frowns when he eyes that abomination called a book. He didn’t like to deal with things that were cursed but this book was tied to a servant so he couldn’t toss that thing out of Chaldea. He tries his best to listens attentively even though the magic warping and writhing around and through the book made his head hurt just by looking at it. What a disgusting thing the magic…squirming throughout out it, in it, by it, around it. As it writhes, withering away at everything. It’s almost as if it’s speaking. Is if it’s calling to someone, something. It’s childlike, ancient cries calling, screaming, trying to reach out. Who is it calling? Something deep, deep below the waves…waiting—no sleeping? Perhaps it’s reaching out towards the sky, reaching through and past it towards the stars and again reaching past it to grasp at the epicentre of it all…the mindless creator dreaming, dreaming of us? Oh what does it cry for? What does it not have? Perhaps it doesn’t know and so it calls for the gate, the key, and the guardian. After all it understands it will always know. But he can’t help it as he doesn’t know but it holds the answers inside of it, right? It he reads it he’ll know what it wants. Just…just small peek. It shouldn’t hurt. STOP. Stop it. Veladreus sharply inhales as he bites hard on his own lip causing it to bleed. He tears his eyes away from that accursed thing and hears tail end of the report from Lovecraft.

“—val, I was immediately attacked by a vagabond covered in shadow, and he spoke some language I didn't recognize." The bodiless voice reports.

"Thanks HP." Da Vinci replied, once the caster was through. She hung up and placed the dusty text back on the computer platform behind her. She should burn that thing known as a book. "Guess were all set then; that tentacled genius was ordered to set up a leyline as soon as he got there, so that's one less thing to worry about. It'll make it easier to verify you guys' existence, at least. Don't want all my masters and their companions poofing into nothingness on me."

“Joy. Perhaps ceasing to exist is a better end than what happened to the first group of masters.” Veladreus sarcastically forces out as he clamps onto his mask to hide his loss of composure when he stared at it.

Clapping her hands together, she spoke calling to everyone in the room, "Alright everyone. Our good tentacled friend has set up a nice little safe area for you all to rayshift to in the singularity. Based on what he informed me, there are servants there; whether they are accompanied by masters or not is unknown at this point in time. The same can be said about their alignment. They could be enemies, or be ambivalent, or not even acknowledge your existence; we don't know. I just want all of you to keep on your toes and remember; Lovecraft may be there already, but he won't be traveling with you. He'll be staying with the established leyline so that our contact remains intact. Don't expect him to be of any help; not like he is when he's around anyways." She laughed, before declaring, "To the coffins!"

He sighs, ah yes the coffins. A much more accurate name after the disaster that was the first Rayshift. He calls through mental connection with the Pharaoh, not trusting his own voice after seeing it. “Pharaoh, lets head towards the coffins to prepare for the ray shift.”

“Of course, little Mage.”
Veladreus’s eye violently twitches, “The others mustn’t leave behind someone so Radiant. Let’s be off then and show the lightless ones the true might of the sun! Hahaha!” How that man manages to laugh across a mental link is beyond him. He moves towards the coffin and crawls inside and closes his eyes. Feeling his fold control and shift. When he opens his eyes he looks around at the distorted environment and turns his attention towards Lovecraft.

"Truly astounding." Lovecraft breathed in deeply, going back to his tent to retrieve his version of the necronomicon. Really there are two of those things existing!? Flipping through the pages, he stopped at one with a sharp jab into the paper. A miasmic fog drifted up, doubling in on itself mutliple times to create a rough above ground view of the singularity Lovecraft has discovered. So far, only their current located was depicted; yet purple dots lay outside of it. "Here's our issue about all this," He began explaining, turning the map around for all to see. "Each spot represents a servant, though their spirit origins are ones Chaldea does have in their databases." The numbers of servants are as follows: south has multiple spots clumped together, signifying a gathering of at least 10 servants. East had just one, with west having the spots seem to dip in and out of existence. North seemed the most unusual, with only 2, yet the spots were 3 times the size of all others.

"I'm trying to decide which path would be the safest to take at this current moment; anyone having opinions on the matter is free to state so." The caster openly stated; though he seemed eager to go south.

Of course that caster would be eager to go to the large concentration of servants. He didn’t particularly care where they all decided to go through he was curious as to the those two dots were particularly large.

“I say we go south!” And of course his servant would be the first to pipe up immediately after someone asks for an opinion.

Last edited:
Tokugawa turned her nose up at the surroundings they found themselves in. Despite the 'warm' welcome from Caster, the world they were in seemed ill-mannered. As if it was put together by a child, a lack of detail that seemed that only a child could have come up with. She cocked a hip out as she took in the scenery, alien as it was. She turned her attention back to the current conversation being jumbled around by the others Caster had picked up groups of Servants in several directions, with the majority of them coming from the south. Tokugawa didn't completely agree with going towards the area with the most servants. They could be walking into an ambush, after all.

"My money is on East. We could discern the opinion and nature of the Servant there and that would give us a better understanding of how to approach a larger group." She faced the other two who had spoken, her eyes still scanning the unusual environment.

BlightGiver BlightGiver PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Shion froze up just before she reached the pods. Her legs suddenly becoming stiff with both fear and doubt. They became leaden bricks, glued to the earth below her. She watched with trepidation as they left, unsure if she was doing the right thing by staying behind, but the same uncertainty was just as present in the thought of going with them. A shiver ran through her at all the possibilities that could come with leaving and staying.

Taking a moment to decide, she set out for her own room, figuring it best to stay there until the others came back.

(Sorry it's short. I just spent Friday morning to late today trying to get a plane home from a project.)

Wasn't there a book like this? Fujino passively glanced at this new world around them. Rocks like tornados reaching into the sky. Plants reaching skyward like anchors reaching into the abyssal expanse above. Or perhaps it had been a movie that had come out just before her iteration of the world had been swept away in a holocaust. Her pensive stare turned somewhat fixed at the point where a bog blocked progress to the West of them, at least it was West by Lovecraft's reasoning. The apt description of the cardinal directions gave an understanding of where to go and what they might encounter in their endeavors.

Fujino turned her attention to the conversing of the others, noting as Tokugawa and a Master seemed to be having a discourse on which way to go. It had seemed that any direction would have been a good choice for their adventure's first choice. If she had to put any input in, she would choose South or West. A large group of Servants would give them a better understanding of where they were, time-wise. West seemed interesting because of the Caster's description of what was happening there. Fujino stepped closer to deliver her opinion.

"I think we should head south." She spoke bluntly and simply. Letting her opinion either be added into the opinion pool or forgotten. Either way, she was ready to simply follow on in this endeavor.

Passionlip wasn't too keen on charging headfirst into a group of unknown servants; they certainly weren't from Chaldea. If they turned out to be allies, who's to say they wouldn't mistake their group for enemies, upon first glance? West scared her even more so; if Lovecraft was accurate in stating the blips on his 'map' were spirit origins, why were all of those fazing in and out of existence. East just scared her, since she worried her weight would prevent safe passage along the mystical path. "If we've got any safe bet, it's got to be south or east." Louis jutted in, after having assessed the situation himself. "That burning forest ahead might be damaging to us, but a servant being alone just doesn't feel right." That statement felt like a jab, to Lovecraft and Da Vinci.

"Master, we might have an equal numbers advantage with that southern group, too." Passionlip added, bringing an obvious piece of evidence Louis completely didn't realize. "It's solid ground that way, at least. If the physics of this singularity are odd in places, perhaps those voids would just act like normal gravity, as well."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lovecraft loved hearing these youngsters get as much invested in observing this singularity, just like him. With them being his effective information recording methods whilst he was stuck sustaining the leyline circle, it would be a piece of cake to reach conclusions of these events. It's not like he wanted them to get hurt, but his ego sometimes got the better of this eldritch abomination. One of his main flaws, truly.

"South it shall be, then. From what I can imagine, there must be a settlement of some kind, if so many spirit origins are gathered in a singular spot. That could means supplies and rations while we're at it. Any opportunity we can get to make this easier is a miracle." He instructed, closing down his map and placing his necronomicon away. Da Vinci was able to hear all that was going on, too, thanks to the leyline; she was not as ecstatic.

"Need I remind you, my author, that endangering our staff's lives so frivolously is not the best idea? I don't disagree with your decision, but at least show you understand the stakes here." The caster sighed, and looked over to the coffins. "All it takes is one lifeless body to return and I start freaking out. Alright, everyone, good luck down there. As you get further from the leyline, communication with Chaldea becomes less reliable; especially under periods of duress or magical disturbance. If the situation grows completely downhill, head straight back to the leyline immediately for regrouping, okay?"

Everyone prepping themselves mentally to take on the provided task, they face toward the south and the enigmatic charred forest ahead. Heat radiated at a weird angle, striking only the lower parts of their bodies, instead of rising like it normally should. Even from how far away they were, it was easy to see the flames remained constant. Step by step, they moved valiantly forward, paying no mind to the black clouds in the sky moving south quickly.

CatJones CatJones Dragonruby Dragonruby PyroMonomania PyroMonomania RanmaruMori RanmaruMori MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield SunRaHunter SunRaHunter QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer

Rider - Jonah
The general consensus seemed to be to head south. That was fine with Rider. In the end, it didn’t really matter which way they went because all oddities (big or small) had to be dealt with to correct the singularity...at least, that was how he understood it. Where they started hardly mattered. If the Servant was an enemy, causing havoc in the timeline, it ought be defeated. If a potential ally, befriended. Not like ignoring the bigger spirit origin spots would make them go away.

Life was rarely so easy.

As a Servant, he was summoned to Grail Wars to fight other heroic (or non-heroic) spirits. Kings. Legendary warriors. Monsters of lore. He couldn’t say he was unafraid, but the knowledge brought about acceptance. Wherever he walked, his path would be paved by God. In life. In death. In the journey beyond the realm of man.

He nodded at Da Vinci’s request before looking upward. “Come to me, Lutīyā”

As the name of his Noble Phantasm escaped his lips, the dull clouds that covered the sky parted. A massive, white creature emerged—one that generally gave away his identity to those who knew his story. There were only a number of legends involving whales, after all. Granted, she was slightly larger than what could be expected of the average blue whale…and had wings. It wasn’t even her true form. Just a culmination of modern interpretations and lore that gave rise to her current state.

And, a consequence of his summoning, that left him unable to break the curse.

Chaldea’s system? Leila’s lack of ability? The lack of mystery and faith in this futuristic world he’d been summoned to?

Contemplating such matters was pointless. He was what he was and he would do what he can. Why walk when you can ride? Picking of Leila bridal style, he waited until her arms were securely wrapped around his neck before jumping onto the back of his mount, that hovered near the ground, in two steps.

“All of us traveling in a large group might seem a little imposing.” Jonah set Leila down. “So we’ll head south through the skies, keep relatively hidden in the clouds, and observe the charred forest from a higher vantage point.”

Well, as hidden as a large flying whale could get. His only consolation was that people didn’t tend to look up. Probably.

“Are you sure it isn’t because you just don’t want to walk?”
Leila had found a spot to settle on Lutīyā’s back and began to rub the rubbery skin. “Not that I mind. I love it when you call her.” Jonah’s mount responded with a pleased sound.

“It’s faster this way.” And safer. Jonah had higher mobility on while on his mount. The number of spirit origins indicated on Lovecraft’s map left him a little wary for Leila’s safety on the ground. The sooner they returned to Chaldea, the better.

Leila peered down at the other Servant she’d made a contract and patted the spot beside her with a friendly smile. “C’mon up Berserker. Betcha you’ve never ridden on a whale before~ Honestly, it’s only my second time, but I found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The wind in my hair. The view. Bit slippery if you aren’t careful, but she's friendly enough.”

BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer

Berserker noted the oddness of the world around them. Things floating that shouldn't be. She felt a slight shiver run up her back, her preparedness fading in lieu of a small amount of amazement. For a moment, she felt very small in comparison to the unnatural feeling of being displaced from her own world.

Jonah snapped her out of her hard stare from the world, mentally she was shocked, but physically she was still permeating an expression of stone cold indifference. A whale. Rider had summoned a whale.

For a moment, it seemed comically out of place with the alien landscape surrounding them. Berserker crouched a little before jumping off, easily spanning the height of the creature and landing as softly as she could.

"Not exactly what I was expecting from a Rider Class Servant. I had you pegged as a cavalier. Tell me, how did you come about riding a whale the first time?" She implored of Jonah.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Tokugawa turned in place as she continued to take in her surroundings. It was a wholly unique world. Still, their mission came first, and despite her opinion of taking on a sole servant rather than a group, they were heading south. They seemed to have a similar number of people as the group they would be approaching, but equal numbers didn't mean equal battles. They had no understanding of the terrain, where it became more and less treacherous, what the current conflict was, nor if they had anyone who they could ally with here. They could be walking into a direct trap and would have no real way to guarantee their way back if they were surrounded, save for the old technique of breaking out. A risky maneuver in its own right.

Still, she wasn't about to leave the rest of them alone and go out on her own. Her best chances still sat with the group she found herself in. One of the other Servants and his Master spawned a whale, a strange mount to be sure, but the various mythologies and religions of the world made it possible for something like that to make some lucid sort of sense. She was sure there would be some sort of context, but it wasn't her priority. Her hand was still on her sword, weakly grasping the hilt, prepared to draw and strike at a moments notice. She wasn't on edge, simply ready.

She approached one of the more colorful pairs in the bunch, Passionlip and her Master. She had yet to introduce herself to them. She assumed the massive armored hands that Passionlip had would be useful in a fight if nothing else. She met their stride and spoke casually to the pair.

"Hey, haven't seen you two around. I'm Tokugawa Ieyasu." She kept it informal since they were in a combat scenario. Plus, dealing with that Pharoah had given her some insight into her own behaviors as a leader. She was less than pleased with her own focus on her own titles when she had met several of the other members of the team.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

It wasn't unlike summoning, being transported to another world. A brisk feeling of nothingness followed by being brought back into the world with a sudden jerk. It was almost enough to give a girl whiplash. Their surroundings were less than normal. They weren't in any kind of a world she had ever seen, let alone imagined. She gave a low whistle as she surveyed it. Gravity was off-kilter in several places. Mana streams were less apparent than when she was in the Moon colonies, and even less transparent than in Cheldeas. It wasn't an unpleasant sight, simply not what she had expected. Singularities were supposed to be a set time period that was being affected by a grail. Yet, the Moon Cell had sent her to figure out why these singularities were happening. They were different enough for the Moon to get somewhat directly involved.

She had glanced over the fact that some of the other members were talking, her attention wholly committed to the terrain around them. She wasn't even pulled away by the fact that one of the Servants had summoned a whale. She could pull up a dossier on the other Servants, but she figured that figuring them out the old fashioned way would far more interesting. She finally pulled her attention back to the rest of the group. A few of them had already decided to head in one particular direction; south. She saw no reason to argue the point. A larger group of Servants would be a better source of information. Not that she was too interested in interrogating random Servants in a singularity.

Rin fell into line, moving in stride to stay near the whale and the center of the group. She figured it was probably best to keep a low profile after such a bombastic opening to so many strangers. At the same time, she was relieved that Shion had chosen to stay behind. The girl didn't look ready to experience the full danger of such an adventure yet. She also briefly wondered if the woman she had been talking to would be upset that she had convinced the girl to stay behind. Whichever way it turned out, she figured that it would turn out for the best. She had experienced a miserable event growing up in the form of a psychopath during one of the Holy Grail Wars. She had been somewhat scarred by it, and couldn't imagine Shion being able to handle such an event either.

Saber and Barr took the transition much more in stride. The whole thing was rather comforting, if anything. To the two of them it was more akin to a vacation than a mission. The new sights and sounds were rather exciting to the pair. Barr especially liked being in nature, preferring it over the cold modern world.

Saber trotted along with a small smile on his face, approaching one of the other Servants he had been most curious about. He knew of Japan, or Wa, as it had been called by Chine for a long time. He approached Tokugawa from the back, pacing up enough to try and get on speed with her.

"Pardon me, your a samurai, right? From Wa?' He might have the information in mind due to the Throne, but he still wanted to be politie enough to check that whom he spoke to was indeed a samurai, rather than just assume.

CatJones CatJones

Archer
It was rare for Rebecca's anger to be sparked quickly from the words of a stranger. The woman admonishing her (and worst Lucas) was stoking those rare fires within, and Rebecca felt her normally soft and cordial facial features turned to a cold and regal impassive mask. The woman had at first done an admirable (if perhaps impulsive and misguided) favor to Shion. However, the dark haired woman was just plain rude! Claiming her pitiful and lacking in self-control! Rebecca had spent her entire short living life forced to surpress her desires, wishes, and wants for the sake of her duty as a Shaman, bridge, and ambassador for her people!

The woman hadn't even introduced herself! "Do not take her words to heart Lucas. That Servant meant well; but her personality seems abrasive and impolite. I am grateful for your defense of me. And I know how to bake a cake!" Archer declare mentally to her Master as she fought to control a glare at the departing bow-haired Servant.

Her heart fell at seeing Shion depart in likely fear and doubt. A wave of self-blame hit Archer like a tidal wave. She had failed Shion. "If that... woman hadn't caused Shion to doubt..." The anger returned to Archer as she shifted her failure to the other Servant that had interrupted her moment of guiding. Muttering to herself, Archer barely paid a mind to the rayshift.

She forced herself to release her anger once the rayshit finished. They had arrived to a new world. It was much like the landscape of a Dream Vision. A land of contradictions, spirits, and amalgamations of thoughts. It was a type of world see had never been in as a Servant; but certainly one she had once swam through in the rivers of dreams.

The war-party soon decided on a direct to travel; her own thoughts were lost in the regret over not convincing Shion to join. Archer new few living souls today new the sacred magics of Dream Vision. Such ethereal landscapes were practically non-existence to the visions' of the modern day magus. It had possibly been a once in a life time scene and adventure for Shion.

Archer followed the group on the ground as they headed towards the possible other Servants of this world; noticeably downcast. She was somewhat started out of her somber mood by the summoning of a great whale. At first she thought it was one of the great malicious whales that fought the Thunder Birds. She neared activating her noble phantasm to summon the Thunder bird within her bow, but thankfully stopped once she realized the great creature seem benevolent and was summon from one of their own.

Archer wondered what hero could summon such a large creature. Her own people had many legends of heroes battling the ocean beast at sea, and the Settlers of Jamestown had many stories as well. Even the Bible had stories of whales.

Archer's mood improved as she gazed at the summoned beast flying through the skies. The joys of seeing new lands, beasts, and magics, never failing to lift her spirits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back