• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Veladreus and Ozymandias

Veladreus was having a very bad day. He scowls deeply as he rushes through the halls towards the Rayshift room. Not only was he ‘volunteered’ to be a master he was told this almost last minute. He only did his summoning about an hour ago before promptly being told that he was leaving on the next mission to investigate the sudden influx of fake grails. The timeline only just got fixed and now this?! He had to rush to his workshop to grab some need mystic codes and now he’s rushing to the Rayshift room to hopefully catch the other masters before they leave without him. He is not getting the reputation of the master who missed their first mission. It deeply grated him of his last minute this all was, he was peacefully going through the day when he was just straight up told that he was a master candidate and to report to the summoning room immediately. He hates dealing with people especially when these people will suddenly shove stuff onto him. He gives a quick glance to the servant following beside him, the servant was gaudily clad in plenty of gold and seemed to be casually strolling as it observed the sights Chaldea had to offer. His summon…his summon…Veladreus had the sudden urge to bang his head against wall at the memory of the summoning.

—————————

He entered the room it was rather bare but had elaborate magic circle engraved onto the ground. He was familiar with this room has he had been sent to do some upkeep on the circle. Not that he fully understands it but he has enough knowledge to not total the Fate system. He sees someone in the room and assumes it’s the person he was to report to. The man gives him a bland stare and gestures to the Fate system.

“William Veladreus, I assume?” The man asks disinterestedly.

“Correct.” Veladreus sharply replies his eyes already narrowing into a glare at the man’s tone.

“I’ll make this quick you will be going on the next mission that will be happening in an hour to investigate the fake grails. Summon your servant and report to the Rayshift room as soon as possible. Dismissed.” The man utters before he leaves the room to allow Veladreus to summon.

“An hour? A fucking hour. Give me anymore short notice job changes and I’m going to pour my coffee over the Director’s head the next time I see them.” He hisses once the man walks out of earshot. He shoots the Fate system a burning glare before starting on summoning. He had to make this quick so no catalysts, it will be just luck of draw on who he gets.

A glowing light filled the room as a man materializes in front of Veladreus. He was tall with a white cloak and clad in gold and jewelry, he had coffee coloured skin with black hair and was holding a striped staff with curve at the top. An Egyptian crook? His amber eyes burn their way down towards Veladreus, the servants mere presence already stunning him to silence. He looked deeply into to his eyes and grinned as he slams the base of his crook into the ground.

“My name Ozymandias, the King of kings! The Gods will look down upon my works and despair!” The servant announces as he spreads his arms out as if to embrace his new existence. His cloak flares around him giving him the image of wings. No…it was more like the bright rays of the sun radiating around him. “To you, mage who has summoned me, I ask of you your name.”

“V-Veladreus.” The newly christened Master manages to utter out as he attempts to mentally recover from the sudden overwhelming presence of his servant.

“Hahaha! Veladreus, you tremble at the might that is the presence of the Pharaoh. It is to be expected. A Pharaoh is absolute, after all. A Pharaoh is to be the sun itself and nothing will stand into the way of the sun! Now shall we progress onward and incinerate all enemies with the brilliance of the sun?”

“Onwards? Wasn’t…an hour? Wait, an hour?! Fuck. We need to go our first mission is in less than a hour and I need to grab some things before go. I need to hurry otherwise they’ll leave without us.” Veladreus says hurriedly as he remembers that he had to report to the Rayshift room. He rushes out of the room with the servant easily keeping up with him.

“Hoh? To think that they will leave a Pharaoh behind? That only spells doom for them to rush and forget that they have a mighty pharaoh willing to present his exalted appearance. Run faster, little Mage, I will not have my advent go unobserved.” Ozymandias declares as he holds his crook forward, urging Veladreus forward.

—————————

When Veladreus was told that he was to be a master he hoped that he would get someone mild mannered so that they wouldn’t grate on his so much. This was the exact opposite of what he was hoping for. He already had a pounding headache from the servant constantly making comparisons and comments about Chaldea and Ancient Egypt. The servant was egotistical and talkative what god awful combination. Not only that there was that…that nickname that the servant wouldn’t stop referring him by. As if sensing his thoughts Ozymandias once again opens his mouth.

“Little Mage, I see we have almost arrive to our destination. Shall we announce ourselves to show our new allies the radiance of a pharaoh?” The servant states as he walks into the room first. Veladreus could already tell that it was not a question and starts dreading what kind of entrance the Pharaoh was planning.

“No I’d rather you not…and he’s not listening anymore.” Veladreus says, while his eye twitches at the nickname, in the vain attempt at stopping the servant.

Gaze upon my light and worship my brilliance! For, I, the King of Kings will be your ally in this quest!” Ozymandias loudly declares as while walking to the room. Veladreus walks in afterwards with a very unimpressed look on his face. He was slightly thankful that the servant didn’t make a full speech about the ‘radiant light of a pharaoh’. But now he has the deal will the attention of the entire room. Actually he refuses to deal with that and starts cataloging the mystic codes he managed to grab in the rush. The servant can deal with the limelight, oh…it looks like he’s basking in drawing everyone’s eyes to towards himself.

Last edited:
Berserker gave a smug, if not welcome, smile. It seemed foolish to treat with someone and admit who they were. After all, Servants were usually summoned with the sole intent of doing battle with each other. Even in their current state, there was always a way a chance that some disagreement could lead to an outright fight. But Berserker had already decided what path to take in regards to this kind of conversation.

"Berserker will do fine for now." She answered curtly before posing a question of her own. "I presume that being a 'Shogun' -was it?- is similar to being some kind of king or queen?" The question was honest, the Throne of Heroes wasn't one that filled in every single piece of information about a culture. The word was foreign to her, obviously very different from what she was used to with the Greek language.

She noticed another Servant arrive, with a young girl in tow. The Servant waved to Tokugawa, but the other girl seemed to be in a dead end shuffle. The quiet calm of the room was further shattered by the arrival of yet another Servant/Master pair. This one being much more vocal in their arrival. After their loud greeting, Berserker went back to listening to the reply from Tokugawa.

CatJones CatJones

Tokugawa nodded as Berserker gave a very curt answer as to who she was, while also deftly avoiding the offer of an emotional ally and support. Whatever her reason was an aside for Tokugawa, who's attention was suddenly pulled away by something just as equally as important as making a new ally. Poca! The Native American Princess gave her a friendly wave, getting an equal response back. Waving was a strange thing to Tokugawa, even with the knowledge from the Throne. She was used to using her hands in such a manner if her war fan wasn't nearby and ready. Otherwise, waving was truly strange to her. Then again, it was something that changed after her death and it would be shameful to refuse to adapt to the new world.

However, she was given a longer pause at the image of Poca walking with a young girl. A shiver ran up Tokugawa's entire body, not from the strange aura of the girl but rather from a stranger memory budding in the back of her mind. She forced herself to keep a straight face as they passed, even smiling at Poca as they moved past being able to see her face. Tokugawa knew that look in the girls face. She had suffered something once before that had left her feeling something similar. The years of living in the temple without any family, given away to keep the family from going to war; and when she finally returned home to take the clan back over, there was no one left. Her family had died and she was left without anything but enemies on every side. Forced to bow down before fools who saw only a coward before them. .Her attention was snapped back to Berserker as she continued their conversation. She flashed a smile back at her. She hadn't realized her hand was grasping her sword to the point her knuckles were sore.

"Not exactly. Shogun was more like the military leader of the entire nation. They decided if we went to war or if one clan got too strong then the Shogun put them back in their place." Tokugawa explained, trying to simplify the basic responsibilities of the Shogunate down as best as she could. It was, of course, far more delicate and intricate than that, but trying to explain all the non-sense of Japanese politics wasn't something she was in the mood to do. She was feeling dourer than expected after seeing that girl and enjoying that flashback. Then again, Poca did remind her of Nobunaga, before she had truly committed to being the villain Japan remembered her as. When she was a woman who had a dream to better her home. To better the world.

Tokugawa opened her mouth to say something else when a new, louder voice tried to wrest all attention to themselves. They called themselves the 'King of Kings'. What a flowery name for such a flowery looking man. He wore no armor nor carried any weapon. He obviously fashioned himself a leader of men who didn't bloody their hands with their men. Then again, it was only a gut feeling to Tokugawa, mixed with her own perception from her own society. It would be rude to assume she was right and that this man was weak.

"Some people should try and learn some humility." She quietly said to Berserker, looking away from the newcomer.

BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer

She partially didn't want to go into the room. From the outset, it was like walking back into the chamber where she had summoned Morgan. it only lacked the smell of blood and burnt flesh; the others who failed before her. The ones who had refused to give in. Refused to let their captors win. Refused to make themselves open to being a host for a spirit. Shion stopped for a moment at the precipice of the chamber, towering before her like a sheer cliff face, one that she was teetering on the edge of. Her chest was tight and each step was like moving a statue, her legs iron and impossible. For a moment, she strayed further from Archer than she should have, and quick-stepped to catch up, doing her best to make sure the slaps of her bare feet did little to annoy or alert any of those inside the chamber.

More personalities, Shion realized, than she expected. Her new 'master' leading her through the throng of them. One wore ancient armor and had a man of red hair, one that Rebecca waved to. One that stared at her. No, stared through her. The red-maned woman spoke to another, wearing far less clothing and with an immaculately toned form. Others were there, too, a woman in silver armor, a man dressed somewhat similarly. The man was one problem, with him being close enough to her path of travel against the wall to make it more difficult to simply slide past without getting too close to him. This meant she had to temporarily break away from the wall and walk into the center of the room and nearer to the others. Thankfully they all seemed to bunch up and make it easier to slide past. Morgan became more vocal to her, the usual quiet humming in the back of her mind growing louder for a few moments. The blond woman in the silver armor was making Morgan angry. But with the suppression in place, it was just a steady hum. Like a bumblebee behind a thin window. Audible but mutable.

Shion took a short detour between the collected groups of people, making sure she knew her 'master' was as she did so. Rebecca leaned against a section of the wall that had gone unnoticed by the others, with no one guarding it. Shion approached and stayed a healthy two or three feet away. Within arms reach. Not for her safety, but to make sure she didn't upset her 'master' by being too far away to mistreat with ease. She faced the wall, keeping her back away from the majority of the group, treating them as if they were strangers rather than the team she was supposed to leave with. Despite her looks, she was a heavy hitting caster. Her abilities bridging a gap between support and offense. It was only her personality that kept her from being more included in the team.

Rebecca spoke again and Shion made sure to at least look at her when she spoke if only to stare at her shoulders or to the side of her face. She wasn't used to looking people in the face anymore. It felt like she was looking at something she had once been, rather than a fellow member of her own species. Or something similar, in the case of a Servant. The question asked at the end of Rebecca's attempt at conversation led the girl to pause. Had she been asked before that happened, she would have said home. With her family. Her crabby dad. Her hennish mother. But the Enforcers had told her the truth. How they had sold her. She bit her lip, trying to tease out some sort of an answer when something else drew the majority of the attention of the room.

The yelling of the man who had entered, the self-proclaimed 'king of kings' sent Shion into a fit of terror. Yelling had been a portent of disaster in the facility. Things always went further downhill whenever one of the men yelled. Shion panicked and did the same thing she had done back then. She found a corner to bury her nose in and hope for the best. The closest one was only two or three feet before her. She pushed forward abruptly, her face pinned between Rebecca's shoulder and the wall. Her body shivered uncontrollably from the sudden release of adrenaline. Her eyes were wide with relived horror.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

(Oh. And I finally got the internet.)

Da Vinci admits her phrasing was a little lackluster, though due to lack of knowledge, she had little think of what to say. "Well, generally we've had to resolve singularities in the past by reclaiming the holy grail from them; additionally having to stop what history altering event was going on there. Back in Babylonia, our only master at the time was needed to stop the gods from wiping out humanity so early on." That's when she understood the major issue. "But, the singularities during the Grand Order were direct offshoots of points in our timeline. This one is not, so it's hard to say what would make it disappear. If it's as simple as reclaiming another grail, then great. Yet, after our deadly 'gifts' whoever in that singularity has been sending, I fear this is much more complex."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Lucas couldn't help but quirk up the corner of his lips into an amused smile. "I'd never dream of saying otherwise," he said with a chuckle. It seemed almost funny that a Servant would try to justify their skill to him, or maybe the cheer in his voice was simply infectious. He supposed it simply said something about Saber's character as well that he took on such eagerness in trying to be helpful.

"Your Master is here too, then...?" He inquired as Saber mentioned the man. He glanced over Saber's shoulder, peering around curiously until he caught sight of the man. Lucas was a bit surprised that he hadn't noticed him in the first place. Being dressed up from head to toe in black robes and a scarf wrapped around his face left him rather conspicuous. He didn't want to guess at his character, and he'd assume the best of the man considering how nice Saber seemed to be, but dressed up like that Barr didn't seem like the kind of person you wanted to run into in the middle of a dark alleyway. Though the fear was less of being mugged, and more of being kidnapped and dragged off for some sort of pagan sacrifice. No, Lucas had not been watching too many horror movies lately, thank you for asking. "...he seems nice."

His thoughts on the other Master were put on pause as Archer entered the room, and Lucas raised his hand in greeting. "Hey, what took you so long?" He asked teasingly, only for his Servant to pass him by and give him the cold shoulder. "I think she might be upset at me..." Lucas stated rather obviously as he glanced towards Saber before turning his gaze back towards Archer, or rather, the rather slim stature of the person who accompanied her. Had she run off and made another friend? The younger girl seemed more terrified looking than anything else, but he didn't think it was in Archer's character to go around scaring people into being her friend.

He had been tempted to follow after her and figure out who she was, and try to offer Archer an apology for whatever it was he'd done to upset her, but that was swiftly put on pause as another Servant and Master pair made their entrance, rather bombastically to. Lucas was half-surprised that there wasn't an actual beam of light washing over the self-proclaimed "King of Kings".

"H-hi...?" Lucas offered a bit awkwardly, while shooting a furtive glance towards Saber, silently asking if he knew who this was.

MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Archer
Archer struggled to contain her excitement while she waited for Shion's response. She was confident in her belief now that Shion was simply shyer than most and unused to speaking with others. That was ok though! If anything it was a welcomed change compared to many of the more naturally assertive and aggressive Servants. Most of the Master's were on the quieter side like Lucas; however, Rebecca didn't truly have any living female friends from this time period. There were also many things that Lucas (as with most males) didn't seem to have much interest or want to do with her. Like tea parties, or combing each others hair, or discussing dresses in the thin paper books. Magazines?

Perhaps Shion would? Toko was willing to have tea parties with her; however, Rebecca had to remind herself that Toko was a warrior first. She doubted that a Samurai would be very interested in courtly womanly activities for very long. A warrior's interests were often different from a noble lady's.

A yell intruded (what Archer believed to be) her and Shion's bonding moment. A Servant had introduced themselves very loudly to the room. He wore a white cloak, carried a hooked staff, and was bejeweled in gold. The tall, tan skinned man was the most attractive male Servant she had ever seen. He left himself unnamed, but declared to be a "King of Kings" a lofty declaration even by the standards of Servants. Rebecca was unable to guess who he was. His jewelry and staff did tug on a memory from London however. In one of Samuel Purchas's books he had written and described an old people from a land called Egypt. They had jewelry and staffs like this Servant did, and great rulers that even the old Kingdoms of Europe had respected. Several of their arts and artifacts had been treasures that many of London's richer nobles loved to collect and show off.

Samuel Purchas had been a wise and well traveled man. He had talked to her at length about many things when Rebecca had been in England, and Egyptian culture had been a culture that he had shown particular interest in. The Egyptian people had been a great people with a grand empire that was homed within oceans of sands. They built grand statutes, tombs, and art that were still envies of the world centuries after their creation. Their rulers held great power and were responsible for their peoples' relationship with the spirits and gods.

If the man was declaring himself to be a "King of Kings" then he must be his peoples' equivalent to her own peoples' Mamanatowicks. A Chief of Chiefs, like her father. The Egyptians had called their great rulers Pharaohs. If he was a Pharaoh from Egypt then his legend and rule was old. It had been very old history and an old civilization even in her living time. That meant as a Servant he was powerful and warranted respect.

Rebecca would have given the new royal Servant a smile and curtsy to show her respect and acknowledgement of his presence. Shion's reaction to the Servant's introduction put the proper curtsies the ancient ruler was due to the back of her mind however. The living girl had suddenly moved forward and hid her face between the corner of the walls and Rebecca's shoulder. Shion was terrified. The sudden reaction caused Archer to have a rare moment of hesitation. Her maternal instincts quickly took over after a few seconds. Turning, she brought a hand to the shaking girl's back and moved it in soft circles as if to ease some illness or pain.

"Shion! What is wrong? Did the new Servant frighten you?" Archer said the words more aggressively than she had meant to. A flare of anger had spiked inside of her and she turned to glared at the man in question. Did Shion have some relationship with him? That seemed unlikely. Was it truly only the fact that the man had been loud? If so then he was not worthy of blame for Shion's own reaction. What cruelty of fate had brought such a frightenable girl to Chaldea?

Archer ceased her glaring at the man and refocused on Shion. She continued her soft petting and added proper softness to her voice as well. "Everything is at ease, Shion. Please, there is nothing to fear. I am sure the Servant did not mean to frighten you so."

Archer noted that her own Master gave a simple "Hi" to the ancient king. She had known lesser rulers to kill others for lesser disrespects. Archer readied herself to defend Lucas if the new Servant decided to act on the disrespect. She felt pain in her heart at the idea of leaving Shion's side; however as his Servant and guardian spirit, Lucas had to be her first priority.

"We are having lessons on proper manners when we get back from the hunt Master!" She mentally spoke with the frustration of a mother burdened with an unruly child.

CatJones CatJones PyroMonomania PyroMonomania Dragonruby Dragonruby

Last edited:
Veladreus and Ozymandias

Ozymandias waited a second to see the reactions of the people in that room. A grin sits on his face as his molten eyes scorched their way across the room. One girl jump in fright at his introduction, an odd reaction for sure. To be frightened by mere noise, not a good sign for someone who’s suppose to be a warrior. A weakness that exploitable is not permitted for people who are to be his allies. He’d already have dismiss her by now if she was one of his warriors but currently he is not a position to be too picky about the people fighting behind him. Jumps at a raised voice? A common sign in abuse though it’s slightly disappointing that she cowers instead of being prepared to fight, very unbefitting of a warrior. She also doesn’t fully feel like another spirit, it’s like she got lost on her way to be judged by Osiris. Not a full spirit but there’s something about her that feels like someone else. It’s reminds him of that other girl met who always carried around that shield. What was she again? Hmm...a Demi-servant? Perhaps. He hasn’t met any other than that shielder so it still would be a guess if this girl is one. He resolves to tell her of his disappointment after all people should know their flaws to improve on themselves so he will graciously extend his help to her.

“You, cowering girl, you are not a master correct? Then that would make you a servant, spirit created to be a warrior. We are heading to a place highly likely to end up a battlefield. And being sent scurrying just by a raised voice is a trait unworthy of a warrior. Be grateful that someone like me has mentioned this flaw beforehand as our possible enemies will not be so kind as I. Look to improve yourself.” Addresses Ozymandias, he was about to continue his lecture when he notices a master meekly greet him.

“H-hi...?” Stutters the black haired boy as he glances at another servant in the room. ‘Hoh? A servant with the disposition of a king? She may not be a pharaoh but she holds the air of a ruler. Is this boy her master?’ Apparently still in the lecturing mood the pharaoh turns his attention to Lucas.

“Incorrect, that is not how you address a Pharaoh. I’ll forgive you this time as I have not made my complete introduction.” These words cause Veladreus‘s head to snap up with a look of irritation and dread appearing on his face. Ozymandias notes a girl, who’s face reminds of a his dear Nefertari, give him a smile and a curtsy. This turns his grin into a soft smile as he gets reminded of his most precious wife doing the same to him. Just as quickly as the smile appeared it quickly turns back into his usual grin when his turns his focus back towards the master. “See there, you will follow her example. She has already acknowledges that she is in front of royalty and responds accordingly. Perhaps you’re not so perceptive to know who you stand in front of. Very well then. I shall fully introduce myself so you know who’s name you shall be worshiping.”

Ozymandias twirls his crook in a full circle and slams it into the ground as he starts the finale of his introduction. “I am a Pharaoh, a Sun King, the King of Kings! He who shall always shine brilliantly, as I am the incarnation of the sun itself! Rejoice and feast your eyes upon my radiant splendour! For, I, Ozymandias have come to your aid! Now, boy, introduce yourself properly. I am generously giving you another chance to make positive first impression.”

—————————————

Veladreus checks through the mystic codes one by one as he mentally notes their effects and costs. Fifteen red jewels infused with fire magic - one time use. A crystal ball that projects a spherical force field in a 50 meter radius of it - if the force field breaks so will the ball but otherwise may be used more than once. Three serrated disks that will…that will…a scowls forms on his face at the noise his servant was making. Apparently he was lecturing the timid girl, not sure what she’s doing in the Rayshift room but the damn pharaoh was disrupting his concentration.

Okay so 3 serrated 1 foot disks and ten 4 inch needles that will float and move once it receives orders - to give orders one has to wear the controller (a ring) otherwise the objects will remain inert. A map and 4 pylons that will fly in all four directions to map a chosen area - once sent out the map—“I have not made my complete introduction”—He quickly looks towards the pharaoh is hopes that he’s not actually going to do it. God no. He can’t handle the Pharaoh making a scene right now. Not right before his first mission. But apparently that’s what he gets by leaving the man to his own devices for a few minutes. He buries his face in his hands as the pharaoh completes his introductions. It’s impressive for sure. It’s like the pharaoh is standing elevated from everyone else, shining brightly as the room’s guiding light. It’s too bright, he thinks going to get blinded from the charisma rolling off this guy. He wants to give this ‘sun king’ a piece of his mind for revealing his name so early but he can’t find it in himself to stop the king. Perhaps that rank B charisma is coming into play, to somehow find good things in that man’s insufferable personality.

CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

Saber's smile continued as he introduced his Master to the best of his ability. Barr was a quiet man, though not for the reason that most people thought he would be for. Horrible injuries left him unable to speak with ease. He could speak but his voice was very raspy and it caused him a great deal of discomfort. Therefore it made sense for him to use his connection with his Servant to speak through his Servant. Saber had no qualms with being used as such.

"Master Barr is a quiet man. He may appear somewhat menacing, but he is in fact very friendly. He is an advocate for peace amongst many people, a noble goal I think." Saber explained just before they were interrupted by a very loud man announcing himself. For whatever reason, this tanned man needed to yell to get everyone's attention for some reason. He did, however, seemingly frighten the girl with the strange aura. The girl was half hidden in another Servants' shoulder as if to avoid the man's lecture altogether. The man then went on to lecture Lucas for his greeting not being up to the man's standard. It seemed a rather vain thing to focus on, but power had that sort of ability. It inflated men's egos.

He stepped halfway in between the two, acting as a buffer for his new ally. "I apologize, good sir, for the humility of my friend. I'm certain that he meant no disrespect." Saber hoped the man wouldn't be completely immune to his demonic charisma. Hoping for at least enough effect to calm the man's anger.

Dragonruby Dragonruby PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Berserker nodded as Tokugawa explained the concept of Shogun. It sounded more like a General than a national leader. She was about to press the question when another Servant waved at Tokugawa. A pair of female Servants passed by, one with a tan complexion, and one with a more troubling expression. Berserker noted the intent stare on Tokugawa's face. The warrior looked uneasy, it perhaps unsure, about the girl.

Berserker meant to ask her about it, when the yelling pharaoh arrived. Her question was drowned out just as she began to speak. After his initial introduction, Tokugawa whispered about his over-zealous attitude. Berserker snickered in response. Next he lectured a few of those around him. The black haired Master and the girl who had come in with Tokugawa's friend.

"Smells like trouble." Berserker quietly said, knowing that someone was going to say something.

Tokugawa nodded as Berserker summed up the situation. It would definitely be trouble, either now or in just a while. Tokugawa stole a glance over at Poca again, noting the cowering girl beside her. The last thing she wanted was any more trouble for her friend. She would already have a hard enough time with the seemingly endless argument she was in with her Master. Tokugawa already guessed that if the girl continued to cower and after the king's lecture, that Poca would get upset. Even her kindness has a limit. With a short sigh, she figured it was her responsibility to help her friend and deal with the situation before Poca had to. She had her hands full trying to help the scared girl.

Tokugawa nodded farewell to Berserker before stepping away. She did her best to relax her stance, despite a hand still resting on the hilt of her sword. She approached with a calm swagger to the Pharoah, a determined smile on her face.

"Hey. Maybe the girl's nervous. And now she has a complete stranger nearly twice her height telling her that she's wrong for being scared. Perhaps you should you act your title and behave as a 'King of Kings." She spoke directly, calmly and as peacefully as she could. She could understand where he was coming from but his execution left a lot to be desired. Tokugawa continued her own lecture, "A king should set an example to be calm, charismatic and caring. Don't you think?"

She figured that he would disagree with her, but was trying to voice her concern in a way that made him either admit to being rude to a person much younger than he was, apologize, or focus on her. Either of the three outcomes was fine. So long as Poca had a chance to redirect the girl's attention and calm her down.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Shion remained in Rebecca's shoulder, even after both the calm chiding of the woman she was using as a human shield and as Ozymandias chimed in with his own understanding of her situation. He wasn't as harsh as she expected, though his words were still stung. She knew she was weak and hoping that being in the mission would help her to find some sort of strength. Being called out on it only made the bitter realization that she might be useless hit home even harder.

To her surprise, something landed on her back. She expected it to be a hand, and it was, but she had expected force. A violent motion instead of a gentle touch. It began to draw circles into her back, gentle, calming circles. Nonetheless, she let out a small whimper as Rebecca began to do her best to try and calm the poor girl down. To her surprise, it worked. Maybe it was just the fact that she was starved for any kind of positive affection, but the kind motion left her with a warm feeling in her chest. She slowly pulled away from the wall and Rebecca. Her focus was still on the wall, but she was standing a little further from it.

Her focus shifted quickly, one glance up at Rebecca and then immediately down to her bare feet. Her hands folded against her skirt, her tiny fingers gripping the hem like a lifeline. She muttered something to herself, before glancing back up at Rebecca for only a moment. Knowing that she hadn't been heard, she did her best to speak a little louder. Her voice trembled but she managed to squeak out a simple phrase.

"Thank you, Rebecca." Her face felt warm as a slight blush overcame it, embarrassment running over her like scalding water.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Lucas' jaw clicked shut as Ozymandias turned to address him. There was a subtle twitch of his eyes as his ever stubborn pride quickly found offense to being spoken to in such a patronizing manner, but his reason quickly squashed it. As much as Lucas was a man defined by his pride, that didn't mean he was an idiot who followed it solely. He let go of the frustration that'd been building up inside of him with a slow exhale of air from his nose, bowing his head respectfully.

"...My apologies," Lucas replied, sounding much more respectful this time, though there was still just a hint of reluctance to it. "My name is Lucas Cross, a Magus of the Association, heir to the Cross family, and Master of Archer in the service of Chaldea." The words came relatively easily to him after a moment's thought, channeling the way he'd seen his father speak to many other Mages throughout his childhood. He'd always disliked speaking in this manner, being forced to show such deferential treatment simply because someone demanded 'respect', and the several 'titles' he'd attributed to himself all felt fake even if they were factually correct, as if he'd thrown on a layer of colorful paint to hide the truth of what he was underneath. Keeping his head down, Lucas vented some of his frustration through a mildly annoyed glare towards the man standing besides Ozymandias, seemingly more enamored with a number of Mystic Codes rather than any of his surroundings, though he did show some measure of embarrassment at his Servant's pompous introduction.

Lucas was rather surprised when Saber stepped out in front of him, apologizing on his behalf. He stared at the Servant in shock, even if it was only the back of his head. He hadn't done Saber any favors or anything, so to see him step in for Lucas seemed rather strange to the man. Avenger also butt in as well, but in defense of the young girl accompanying Archer... Not exactly unexpected, but he supposed he was benefiting from her action anyways, so he didn't really have much reason to protest.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania TelisOldfield TelisOldfield CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka

Berserker met Tokugawa's nod with one of her own, before proceeding to the only other person that seemed to not be doing anything. A man leaning against the wall near where Tokugawa's friend had gone to stand. He looked scrawny, at least in her opinion. She walked right up to him, no hesitation or concern.

"Hey," She started, looking him dead in the eyes. "You Masterless too?"

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Veladreus and Ozymandias

"...My apologies," Lucas replied, sounding much more respectful this time, though there was still just a hint of reluctance to it. "My name is Lucas Cross, a Magus of the Association, heir to the Cross family, and Master of Archer in the service of Chaldea." The master bowed down his head and sent a glare towards Veladreus as he did. Feeling the glare dig its way into the side of his head Veladreus sends his own scorching glare right back at him. He doesn’t know what he did, well perhaps he does have a clue along the lines of what he didn’t do. He doesn’t care what the pharaoh does, the servant is it’s own person, it doesn’t need a babysitter. His only concerns are if things will look to get violent. Though he does hope that the pharaoh doesn’t have a fragile pride since it looks like people are already being riled up by it’s ego.

————————-

Ozymandias looks down at the bowing head with a grin,” Yes, Yes! Much better though there is still room for improvement. When referring to royalty you must include the sovereign’s title though I won’t force this on you if it’s too much for your memory, be grateful that I am a merciful king. Though…your reluctance does stain your sincerity but don’t worry about that, this Pharaoh will look past your insolence. Now, Boy—” The Rider was about to continue when the masked Saber steps in between him and the master.

"I apologize, good sir, for the humility of my friend. I'm certain that he meant no disrespect." The masked Saber intervenes in a polite voice. Ozymandias’s grin drops at being interrupted, he narrows his eyes at the Saber staring into what he can see of the Saber’s eyes. He turns and give the Saber his full attention, the grin soon returns to his face.

“Rather bold you to interrupt me like that. He may have meant no disrespect but what you did was disrespectful, was it not? Interrupting a Pharaoh teaching someone the proper ways to address royalty. Perhaps you should apologizing for yourself instead of that Mage.” Ozymandias says in a more stern tone, he stops himself from continuing when he notices a red haired servant approach him, hand on hilt. “Hmph, more people to come challenge a Pharaoh? Very well, then. I’ll show you the futility of facing the sun.”

"Hey. Maybe the girl's nervous. And now she has a complete stranger nearly twice her height telling her that she's wrong for being scared. Perhaps you should you act your title and behave as a 'King of Kings." She spoke as calmly and as peacefully as she could but it still came off as a bit too direct, "A king should set an example to be calm, charismatic and caring. Don't you think?"

Ozymandias breaks out into a laugh when he hears the girl’s words, “Hahahaha! Your insolence is amusing. I was simply pointing out a glaring flaw in a soon-to-be warrior before said flaw festers and rots away at her potential. But you…you’re rather blunt.” His grin disappears as his eyes burn his Tokugawa’s and his voice simmers, “Don’t mistaken me for a caretaker. A pharaoh is an absolute ruler and you are correct in that I am calm, charismatic and caring. But one thing that I am not, that I can’t afford to be, is a lenient ruler, especially when it comes to the flaws in my subjects. You should do well to take that into consideration as I will not coddle those who will let their flaws wither them away. After all wouldn’t it be a shame to watch potential stagnate into nothing especially when one has the capability to correct it? As a Pharaoh I simply can’t let this go by me.”

CatJones CatJones TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Dragonruby Dragonruby

Rider
"No, I have a master." Rider kept his eyes on the redhead even as he replied to Berserker's inquiry. She seemed to take in Da Vinci's explanation well enough. If Leila had any more questions, he'd leave things up to Caster.

Attention finally traveling to the beautiful woman who addressed him, Rider blinked. Her strong gaze suggested a person of noble bearing. However, he couldn't quite place a name on the Servant. There were many royals, knights and otherwise that carried themselves with dignity. She didn't seem to demand respect in the same way Ozmandias did.

A king was a person of high status. Someone who lead the people and deserved a degree of respect. That much, Rider was willing to acknowledge. However, at the end of the day, kings were still men. Jonah bowed his head to God and God alone. To bend the knee to another, especially one that declared himself the king of kings, seemed almost sacrilegious. Besides, Ozmandias wasn't just a king. He was a Pharaoh. A ruler of Egypt who had enslaved his people prior to the Exodus when God freed them. Wouldn't acknowledging such a ruler seem a tad...ungrateful? Not that Jonah bore a grudge against Ozmandias or anything. All that happened 300 years before he was even born, after all.

Though...the more Ozmandias talked about himself, the less likable he seemed.

Shaking his head, Rider offered the female Servant a hand and a friendly smile. No need to get off on the wrong foot with those he was going to be working with. "I'm Rider. Let's do our best to make this mission a success."

"So, to sum up the situation, we don't know exactly how to deal with the singularity because it's a singularity amongst singularities? Got it."

Rider's eyes flickered over to where Leila approached. "Finished?"

"No. I've still got many, many more questions, but I don't think Da Vinci will be able to answer them all. Better that I learn for myself once we rayshift there anyway."
Leila turned her curious gaze towards the Servant that stood beside her own. "Who are you?"

BlightGiver BlightGiver BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer

Last edited:
Berserker wasn't surprised when Rider eyed her up. It was a common thing when dealing with others; she was aware of the effect her appearance had on people. Though, she assumed that seemed less imposing than some other people in the room. The man introduced himself as Rider, which was fair since she wasn't about to reveal who she was either. He extended a hand towards her. Berserker figured that he seemed on the level so far and met his hand with her own. Though she gave him a warriors handshake, reaching past his outstretched palm and gripping his wrist instead, giving it a firm squeeze before releasing.

"Berserker. With this many Servants, this mission should be pretty easy." She offered in response, keeping her identity secret for that much longer. It wasn't long before Riders Master arrived. Berserker nodded St her arrival and the fact she was going to have to repeat herself.

"Berserker. I'm currently Masterless and figured I'd find out who had room for another in their own group." She didn't offer a hand out towards woman. She reserved that for fellow warriors above all else.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

"Oh, is what I did rude? My apologies. I meant no disrespect. I simply wanted to ease the tension." Saber gave a quiet reply, seeing as Ozymandias was more focused on Tokugawa's rather than himself. He briefly considered back away and allowing the situation to play itself out.

But instead, he chose to stay closer, mostly to see what happened between the two Servants currently in a battle of words. Partly out of curiosity, partly to make sure if anything went wrong, he could help ease the tension again. He did feel somewhat responsible for worsening the situation by having spoken up for his friend. He shouldn't have been to surprised, tyrants rarely considered anyone besides themselves when treating others.

Saber gave another warm smile to Lucas, both to make sure that he was aware he wasn't alone, and can him down.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania CatJones CatJones Dragonruby Dragonruby

Archer
As she had feared the suspected Pharaoh did not take well to her Master's crass greeting. Unexpectedly, the jeweled man also took issue with Shion's fear. He lectured both living souls on their behavior; however the manner of the lecture, while perhaps heavy-handed, was not malicious in nature. She even agreed with most of what he said; Shion did not appear to be battle-ready and Lucas did not give a proper address to someone of rulership. Still it was foolish and arrogant of the likely Egyptian monarch to believe his criticisms would be met without resentment or offense. Chaldea was not his land, and the Servants and Masters were not his people.

She was surprised when the tall man looked at her with gentle eyes and kind smile. She wasn't sure why he had looked at her so softly. It wasn't a gaze one gave for simple approval of an action, or a gaze she would have expended if he had simply found her appearance pleasing. It had been a gaze for something gentler and deeper in meaning. The unexpected softhearted features quickly disappeared in favor of what appeared to be the man's normal arrogant guise. He spoke approval for her behavior, before giving his "full" bombastic introduction. Archer had been correct that he was a Pharaoh; however she was unable to place his name, although it did seemed slightly familiar.

She was even more surprised when the masked Saber defended Lucas, and Toko defended Shion. It seemed the Pharaoh's lectures to the living did not sit well with the other spirits. Archer was grateful to both, however was worried as the three Servants were now in contention with each other. She would have spoken up to try and bring peace between the three, however Shion moved from her shoulder. "Shion?" Archer question worried that her touch or words had not helped.

The shorter girl struggled to look at her, and gripped her dress as she mumbled words. With a shy whisper, Shion gave her thanks to Archer. Leaving the Servant of the Bow's eyes to widened as she processed the three small words. In truth, it was a rare thing for her to hear. Few people had ever thanked her during her living life. The Shaman girl's deeds had always been expected by her Tribe or even feared because of her prodigal abilities. The Settlers often had looked down on her; considering her uncivilized despite her efforts to help, understand, and befriend them. She had been thanked before of course; however it was something she always craved. The few times the words were given, she had always kepted close to her heart.

"Y-You are welcome! Very welcome, Shion!" Rebecca felt her face bloom into a wide smile and giggles of happiness escape her.

The situation with the Pharaoh continued with Lucas giving a proper greeting, which was mostly accepted. Still the tension did not seem to be easing between the Servants. Rebecca knew it was a situation that should have been the focus of her attention. She had been thanked though! By Shion whose words were rare and likely very carefully spoken! Not to mention she was struggling to control her worsening giggles! The others could likely hear her now to now as well!

"*giggle* We Spirits must seem so silly to you Shion! Me with my laughter, and everyone else arguing about manners! *giggle*"

Bringing herself under better control, Archer warmly addressed the room to try and bring harmony. "Thank you Saber and Avenger for your defense of Shion and my Master Lucas." Archer would not let dis-harmony fall upon the war-band if it was preventable. No one had acted in a way that she believed was truly wrong. However, she knew that rulers and gods thought differently from others. This was no fault them; it was simply in their nature.

Smiling; Archer focused on the Pharaoh and with pride filling her words said, "Great Pharaoh Ozymandias; please lay your blame and anger on me. Lucas is my Master; his ignorance and discourtesies are faults of mine as his guardian spirit. I brought Shion to the Rayshifing Chamber as well. I will take responsibility for any mistakes or weakness she displays on the hunt if she joins us. If this is acceptable, I beg for you to forgive the other Servants for any insult they have given. They are heroes and warriors, who would not back down from the very Gods and Great Spirits if it meant protecting their friends and comrades-in-battle."

Archer dipped into a court curtsy. A far more complex and formal curtsy compared to her normal ones. The movement leading deeper to the ground with her head gracefully bowed in an act of dignified genuflection. With a far more serious tone in her voice she finished her words. "I offer my apologizes, Great Pharaoh of Egypt. I am the cause of the disrespects that have been given towards you. If it is within my humble abilities, and acceptable to the honors and dignities that I must respect as a daughter of Powaton. I ask for a way to offer tribute for your forgiveness."

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania CatJones CatJones

Avenger could have cared less if a man like this King of Fools had insulted her. She had given her titles to those she had met and had treated everyone as equals so far. They all were, a king of a distant land and a shogun were incomparable in their import to their own nations and trying to treat them as a social structure didn't work. She knew who she was; she was comfortable enough in her title, name, and person that she didn't need to try and speak to everyone around her as if they were beneath her. She had no reason to reply to this man and didn't. There was nothing she could say to change his way of thinking. Stagnation had been the bane of her people, she could care less how it affected someone who expected to be treated so highly while they walked on those beneath them. Her opinion briefly wavered with what was said next.

Archer apologized to the man, even though she wasn't in the wrong. It wasn't her fault that this King of Fools had walked in and started talking to everyone as if he knew them, assumed everyone was a warrior. What kind of a king can't see the difference between a warrior and support? Shion could be the latter. They had no way. To discredit the girl before she even had a chance to prove herself was wrong, arrogant even. It had been similar to her own life under the Imagawa. And that was when Tokugawa realized something. She had followed Nobunaga so blindly because Nobunaga had been her first true friend in life. Nobunaga had made her felt like she was a lord, not just a pawn in the grander scheme of things.

That dead-eyed girl, Shion, if she was similar to Tokugawa than Archer was setting her up for failure. Nobunaga had taught her that she wasn't beholden to anyone. That she could think for herself and live for herself. Archer was showing this girl to placate and kowtow to those around them, at least if they're loud enough. Tokugawa shook her head quietly before turning away from the King of Fools and walking to her own secluded section of the wall. She leaned back against it. She needed a few moments to herself, to think this through. She might have been overly sensitive, giving that she just came out of an argument with someone else. Her mind might just be too tightly coiled.

She also knew that Archer was just being nice, but she still didn't like seeing her friend kowtow to such an arrogant man. No one was beholden to him. No one there was his from his kingdom. No one had to offer him any kindness or manner he didn't offer them first. No one had to treat him as anything more than a man.

Shion bowed her head. The man who had yelled during their entrance, Ozymandias, had further ridiculed her in her lack of strength. She didn't have long to focus on the insults as Rebecca had offered her the return gratitude of 'you're welcome.' It felt wholly alien to be offered any form of gratitude by someone else. Like delicate hands on a cyclops, unfitting and strange. She found it difficult to lift her head any further than eyeing her own feet. Someone else had stood up for her, though she didn't know why. It was the red-haired woman that Archer had waved to when they entered.

Next, Rebecca spoke to the majority of the chamber, offering up her respects to the Great Pharoah. But that meant. Shion started to make the connections in her mind.

Rebecca had treated her kindly so far and was someone who seemed genuine in her kindness. The Great Pharoah had spoken down to her and reminded her that she didn't belong, not in the capacity that she was serving in. And now Rebecca was venerating him. So, logically, The Great Pharoah was the one in charge, not Rebecca. Shion felt her heart sink at the realization. Rebecca had seemed nice but it made much more sense for someone who was more cruel to be the one to lead. This meant that he was right. She probably didn't deserve to go into the battle with them. She had already known that she had just been a burden on Cheldea; eating, using water and electricity, and without giving them anything back.

To be reminded that she was probably just a liability outside of the facility cemented the fact that she was better off not serving with them in combat. It had taken her days just to work up the courage to leave her bedroom and now only to be met with the harsh truth she had already known. She was too weak to go with them. She wondered if it would even be okay for her to even stay and see them off. Or would it be more akin to bad luck to remain this close to them while they were preparing for something so important?

The thought of walking away from Rebecca was just as terrifying as remaining. She moved back to the wall, figuring that she could at least stay out of their way for the time being.

Veladreus and Ozymandias

Ozymandias looks at Tokugawa who has a few emotion flit by on her face before it settles in a blank but almost glare. He hears the Saber apologize but she remains silent as the one who reminded of his most beloved steps up to speak.

"Thank you Saber and Avenger for your defense of Shion and my Master Lucas. “Rebecca says kindly before turning to him, “Great Pharaoh Ozymandias; please lay your blame and anger on me. Lucas is my Master; his ignorance and discourtesies are faults of mine as his guardian spirit. I brought Shion to the Rayshifing Chamber as well. I will take responsibility for any mistakes or weakness she displays on the hunt if she joins us. If this is acceptable, I beg for you to forgive the other Servants for any insult they have given. They are heroes and warriors, who would not back down from the very Gods and Great Spirits if it meant protecting their friends and comrades-in-battle."

Archer dipped into a court curtsy. The movement leading deeper to the ground with her head gracefully bowed in an act of dignified genuflection. With a far more serious tone in her voice she finished her words. "I offer my apologizes, Great Pharaoh of Egypt. I am the cause of the disrespects that have been given towards you. If it is within my humble abilities, and acceptable to the honors and dignities that I must respect as a daughter of Powaton. I ask for a way to offer tribute for your forgiveness."

He almost sees the silhouette of dear Nefertari overlap with this servant. Ozymandias smiles as his mood considerably improves. “Oh, Nefertari you would have loved this girl, to be sweet and respectful just as you were. Though Nefertari was always sometimes a little too respectful even though I gave her permission to remain informal with me. So in my dearest Nefertari’s memory I cannot keep allowing this girl to remain bowing to me. She asks me to forgive the Servants who challenged me, that’s like they expect me to keep a grudge. Hmm…they think I’m the type, this will have to be corrected.”

“Hahahaha! You may rise, Servant of the Mage called Lucas. No need to remain bowing, let me see your eyes.” When she does so he peers into her eyes to see if she truly was cut from the same cloth as Nefertari. He gently smiles at what he sees, “You ask of me to forgive those who dared to challenge a Pharaoh? Hahaha! There is nothing to forgive, I’m not the type to easily hold grudges. I view all my subjects equally, after all. Yet my forgiveness matters you to so much as you will offer me tribute. Hmph, very then. What I command of you is to never stain your disposition. You are cut from a truly pristine cloth after all, I don’t want to see it dirty.” In the middle of the speech he notices the Red haired servant walk off along with the cowering girl. He quickly turns toward her, his jewelry jiggling at the movement.

“Shion, was it? You most likely see me as someone overly critical of your flaws and you are not wrong. But I point out your flaws because I believe that you have the capability to improve. While some here don’t see you as a warrior but someone to be protected as they think you can’t protect yourself. I think you can do it as this Pharaoh sees potential. Rise above all their crippling expectations and assumptions and show them your might. Improve upon yourself and make yourself a greater being. Stand on your two feet and laugh at those who would stand in your way. This is what I can see of you, what you can be capable of. And remember just because I call you warrior don’t think that mean you have to run at the enemy with a sword or something like that. A warrior is someone who stands on the battlefield be it as a healer, a support, attacker or enemy. We all are warriors in this room, remember that. Do not think yourself as less than that.”

————————

Veladreus watches as his servant continued in making a scene and sighs deeply while rubbing his temples. If they keep lingering like this his servant was going to keep riling up the room. He looks around the room and finds the servant he was looking for.

“Da Vinci. We seem to be still be waiting. What are we waiting on?” He bluntly asks, skipping straight to the point. He’s not staying trapped in this room of colourful personalities he if can’t help it. He has better things to do than waiting. This whole thing is starting to feel more like a social gathering than anything else. How idiotic. He’s here to provide support and nothing more why almost everyone insists chatting is beyond him. His only consolation is that no one has tried to talk to him yet which was a very good thing in his eyes. He doesn’t want to deal with peoples shit so what better way than to never interact with them.

MocaPoka MocaPoka BlightGiver BlightGiver CatJones CatJones

It was a strange feeling, being the one summoned rather than the summoner. This reversal of roles left Rin Toshaka meeting the world askew from her usual, calm self. She had never realized how irritating it was to be pulled from the Throne of Heroes, dragged through the sea of souls like a fish on the line, only to be so gently deposited in the world. She never knew that being summoned left the taste of burnt copper in one's mouth. She had summoned Servants on several occasions, yet not once had any mentioned the strange taste or feelings. Perhaps they were just so accustomed to it that it was like walking to them. An expected detraction of their job. She didn't envy them. Being pulled along the endless codes and malignant data of the Moon Cell was bad enough; to retrieve a physical form and have such an unpleasant first reception was less than pleasing.

Speaking of receptions, she silently thought as she peered around her summoning location. The Moon Cell, supercomputer floating in the void that it was, had made a miscalculation. Rin was standing in what appeared the common quarters of the facility. It was reasonable in size, nothing like the bedroom of the mansion she had grown up in. The floors were a hard tile with a chill she could feel through her heels. The walls were an equally gray slab of metal, lacking decor of any kind. Another reminder of how far she had come from the girl from Fuyuki that she had once been. The room did have one amenity that caught her perceptive, sky blue eyes. A full body mirror, resting in the corner of the room.

Aside from it, the bed was the only thing that caught her wary attention. She had spent so many nights in a virtual bed. Relaxing and nurturing as it was, it was a pale comparison for the real deal. She ignored it for the moment, settling her undivided attention on the mirror. She had seen herself countless times in the watery reflections of data in the Moon Cell; just as many times in the mirrors she could conjure there. Yet she had always been in the eerie and unnatural light of that virtual realm. She had so missed the lighting of the natural world, even if it was just a dim fluorescent in a dank chamber.

Stepping before the reflective surface, she let out a content sigh. She was still herself. Black hair in a pair of pigtails that cascaded down her shoulders and framed her thin and perfect frame. A slight change in the bows that held them together; they had changed color to red and were far more pointed than they had been. Still, her cute face and bright smile greeted her in the mirror. Her clothes had changed more often that she would have liked, but her current attire was a wonderful mix of her own personality and the Servant who's Saint Graph she was fused with. A red and black bodysuit, skin-tight yet still humble. All but the front. Her cleavage and neck were visible through a shrouded material, her bust covered by the bodysuit, yet the majority of the abdomen was visible. A unique mixture of form and function if she ever saw one. Still, she was pleased with what she was.

Turning back around, she eyed the bed again, wishing she had enough time to spend a few minutes in its intimate embrace. Her body ached for the touch of a real mattress. Even if it was as sturdy looking like the one before her. In equal measure, she wanted to explore the room some more but the more pressing need to follow the Moon Cell's objective was more important. The Moon Cell had its own interest in Cheldea and it's mission; without the success of the organization, there would be no more humanity. It seemed to dislike the possibility of losing the species it watched over as a time killer. Rin stooped down, resting on her knees as she traced her finger along with the tile, forming the nauthiz. It was nothing more than the letter t, with its bridge section bent at a slight angle. The knowledge had been imparted on her during their joining. It was strange being able to delve into Lancer's memory and pull such interesting tidbits up with such ease. She marveled at Lancer's knowledge. If only he had been inclined to use it during the Holy Grail War. He might have had a better chance of winning. A frown curved along her thin lips. Had she really just wished one of her opponents had won against her? Or was Lancer having some influence on that idea?

Her gloved finger traced the air just above the tile, spilling forth a small portion of her Mana supply to offer as a tribute. She drew the rune into the air between the tile and the free air above her hand. The air around her glove warmed and melted into physical mana with each inch passed. The Symbol burnt itself on the floor, soot and ash leaving the telltale sign of fire. She could apologize to whomever the room belonged to later. Her time was important enough to warrant the runecraft. The nauthiz twitched and sputtered for a moment, its bone-white form seemingly shrinking and lengthening as it breathed its first lungfuls of fresh life. It arched up, like a snake perched on a warm rock.

"Hmm. Not what I was expecting from such a trivial rune. Runecraft is more flashy than I gave it credit." Rin spoke to herself, watching as the rune twisted and turned in every direction, waiting for its instructions, "Alright. Let's test this out than. Take me to another Servant." She pointed towards the door as if instructing a dog. The run lay flat again and began to slide in the air between the floor and the open space above it. It slithered with a natural movement, less and less like ancient magic. She followed it out of the room and into the hallways of Cheldea. Wide enough to berth a whole ten men standing abreast, tall enough to fit even the most vertically gifted Servants. Darius the 3rd coming to mind as she noted that. The rune slithered ahead as if it were at home, the halls it's own den as it moved. She slackened her pace from it, letting it be both guide and scout. Keeping only close enough to see it turn corners.

It took longer than she had expected to arrive at the rune's destination. From the outside, the room was obviously spherical, the far walls visible from its massive door. From her point of view, she could see little in the room. She could voices, both pitched and subdued emanating from the chamber. She watched as the rune slipped into the room. It would await permission to depart the waking world and return to her in the form of Od. She would let it idle for a moment; acting as a gauge of the room.

The rune made its way over to the nearest Servant, which happened to be an adult woman in samurai armor. Formfitting, it suited her powerful build. It's dark color accentuated her lively red hair and eyes. It casually slid up to her, resting near her feet and patiently floating just above the earth below.

CatJones CatJones

nau.jpgRune for reference.

Last edited:
Saber gave a reluctant sigh when Ozymandias finally shifted his attention from him and Lucas to the female Servants. It might seem kind of cowardly to hide behind the skirts of women, but Archer so far had it under control. He turned his attention back to Lucas.

"Dodged a bullet there, huh?" He gave a wide grin to help with the tension. He had tried to stick up for what he hoped was a new friend and instead making himself look foolish. He would apologize to the King when he could, but for now felt it best to let them speak amongst themselves.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

Lucas bit down on his tongue as the grandiose Servant continued to chastise him for his lack of respect. Watching Archer intervene and apologize for him was similarly threatening to set him off, though it was a combination of not wanting Archer to feel as if she needed to step in and speak for him as well as her giving into Ozymandias' demands for respect after having barged into a room to draw attention to himself. Still, he kept his temper in check, allowing himself to fade into the background as the attention was shifted off of him and onto the others. "You didn't need to do that..." Lucas sent to Archer telepathically. "He didn't deserve an apology from you, let alone bowing like that."

Still occupied with his thoughts, Lucas glanced over at Saber, suffering the full force of the Servant's smile unprepared. He found himself simply staring for a moment, before he shook himself free of his trance and offered back his own smile, though his was a touch more strained. "I guess you could say that." He glanced back towards Ozymandias and the other Servants, if only to avoid Saber's radiance. "Thank you," he offered quietly, his pride making it a bit difficult for himself to give even this show of appreciation. "For jumping in there. I know everyone else did in the end, but you were the first. So I appreciate it."

"Anyways," he said, moving on quickly. "I think we've been delayed enough, no? We should rayshift over already. Do you need to go collect your Master?"

MocaPoka MocaPoka TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Leila Blackburn
“Berserker? Really? You look fairly sane to me. Very pretty in fact. I wish I had skin like yours.”

“Master, don’t be rude.”

“But it was a compliment.”

It really was. Leila would be lying if she said she didn’t feel a little inadequate as a woman while looking at Berserker. Bit like a weed standing next to a rose. However, both weeds and roses had their uses. Leila didn’t care as much about appearances discovering the truths of the world. Mind over body. While Leila did her best to balance both, such being a healthy lifestyle, at the end of the day she was a magus.

Learning and furthering her magecraft would always be her priority.

Tilting her head, she considered Berserker’s statement. “Chaldea’s system is really amazing. Summoning and maintaining so many Servants at once. Back in my time, even maintaining one in the physical world was a challenge for those who aren’t gifted enough. The mana requirement would’ve been too much. Yet, given Chaldea’s reserves and the FATE system, is a Master even really needed? How did you even get here if you weren’t summoned by a Master?”

“Mana is only part of the deal. There is more to the contract than just its mechanical reasoning. For many heroic spirits, having a master gives them purpose and strengthens them—though it’s different for every spirit. I answered your call because our goals and feelings aligned. I remain here and work for Chaldea because of the pact we made. The seals you have are the proof.”

Leila nodded. The personality of the Master did play a part in the summoning of the Servant according to her notes. Though, she wasn’t sure which parts of them were similar. Jonah didn’t really question things. He just accepted them. When she asked him why he introduced himself as Rider rather than his true name, even though he didn’t seem to mind telling it to those who asked, he said Jonah is who was in the past and Rider is who is now. It made sense to a degree. While the soul was the same, the vessel that housed the heroic spirit was something designed by the Chaldea summoning system. If he didn’t separate the past from the present, it might be difficult to work with the enemies summoned from his past life. Harder to forgive.

Still. Taken another way, it could also mean he didn’t place much value in his own name or the impact he made in his previous life. That was a little sad in Leila’s mind because, to her, the history made the present. That was the foundation on which magecraft advanced. “So, I give you a purpose?”

“In a manner of speaking,”
Rider nodded at Berserker. “I could always use more help making sure Leila doesn’t die. The lack of details regarding this mission makes me a little wary.”

“What he means to say is the more the more the merrier,”
Leila corrected with a smile. “If you have no other group you prefer, you’re always welcome to join us. Can’t say whether I’d be a worthy master compared to the some of the more experienced masters in Chaldea though.”

Her gaze flickered to the other members of Chaldea who seemed to be finishing up their ‘conversation’. From what she could tell, the newest Servant, Ozmandias had been attempting to lecture someone and that miffed some people. Given Jonah’s faith, she could see him avoiding the the Servant, simply to avoid potential trouble, though Ozmandias’s feelings towards the Exodus were unknown. For Leila, it was a mystery to be solved. For Jonah, it was wiser not to prod a sleeping lion. “Regardless, let’s get ourselves into those rayshift coffins. We can talk more while we explore this new and mysterious singularity.”

BirbSqueezer BirbSqueezer

Saber gave a short bow as Lucas lavished thanks on him for helping him in dealing with the Pharoah. It wasn't necessary to do so, but it felt nice to be needed. He felt a short bout of releif as Lucas turned his attention back towards the coming mission. It was important that Masters kept some of their attention towards their responsibilities.

Lucas did make a point in suggesting that Saber get his own Master ready. Turning, he noted that Barr had finished his tea and had spent the time simply watching and enjoying the interactions. Barr was more vouyeristic then he had expected.

"A valid point. I'll see you on the other side, Master Lucas." Another bow if the head before he talked back over to his own Master and stood, smiling, next to his Master. Both if them ready for the mission.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

Something nudged her boot. Tokugawa ignored it, closing her eyes as she became lost in thought. They had new allies and new opportunities. For her, it was a hard choice. She was used to the kind-hearted girl that Archer was, yet at the same time, she was always bending in the wind for whomever. She was just like a reed, spineless. Unless it was her Master who needed cajoling, in which case she suddenly turned into a master lecturer. Tokugawa pushed her eyelids to the point of straining against themselves. It was a hard choice to make, as many of the ones she had made in life.

The constant bowing, treating everyone with such reverence. Tokugawa was worried it would make her look weak by comparison. She grits her teeth as something nudged her foot again. This time she looked down, noting the white thing hovering just next to her boot. From where she's standing, it looks like an 'x'. None of the others in the room had done any kind of such magic, it would have been obvious to anyone watching. The only one she knew who could have possibly even done it was Archer. It didn't exactly fit the style of Archer, however.

She lifted her foot up and set it down on the rune. Her other foot slid to the side as if she was just widening her stance. She could feign ignorance with the thing, pretending as nothing had happened. If it truly was an intruder, it was one they had little to fear. Such a blatant act was obvious. It was more like a charm than a threat. She quietly focused on her resolve. She knew what she was going to do. She stole a glance at Berserker.

Shion wasn't entirely sure of how to proceed. The Pharoah acted as if he suddenly wanted her to accompany them on the mission, yet at the same time, the lingering feeling of not being needed was still swimming in the back of her mind. She knew a decision needed to be made but was unsure of what the right one was. If she stayed, would she be resented for not assisting? If she went, would she be resented for not being very strong? Would she get in the way and cause trouble and be hated for being a burden? She couldn't fathom making such a choice. She wanted to simply run back to her room. If Rebecca hadn't found her, she would have watched them leave and then just returned to her chamber.

Shion struggled to form any words to answer the man with, instead resorting to grabbing her skirts hem once more and nodding her head as she looked at the ground. It was easier than trying to look someone in the eyes when dealing with them. The man's way of speaking still unsettled her, unused to it as she was. Rebecca did the same thing, speaking in longer and more complex sentences. She had grown accustomed to barked orders and threats. To be treated with such a tender hand was still unnerving to her. She was doing her best to try and relax, but being so close to the center of so much attention was causing her stomach to flip in her belly.

She leaned back against the wall, her thin fingers gently playing with the hem of her skirt while she waited for the attention to shift.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Users who are viewing this thread

Back