• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Eadric would like to meet more people and learn more about the ones he's already met. He'd also like to visit BOOP and learn more of the Broadsword, security levels permitting. If possible, he'd like to chat with Hitomi. And any and all Broo who are willing to talk to him. ^;3^

Toph has two things on her plate. Spend time with her mom and start studying traversing in the medical bay.
Psychie Psychie The first is a no-brainer with mutual feelings from her mom, I'm sure. Zyorna, despite the massive amounts of respect given her, is commander in name only until such a time that she recovers from the near-disasters the Broadsword suffered in its own timeline (the Black Binary battle and all that happened there).

The second will be a problem seeing as the Sick Bay is nearly filled with Adamantium (and some other Broadsword crew who ended up wounded) and one very busy Hitomi along with some medically-capable "Broadswordians" (think Paramedic-capable or under) all of whom have her hands full. Not to mention Captain Sharp's recovery. Until things get less crazy, I imagine the Sick Bay is being 100% dedicated to the recovery, especially the critically-wounded. Even Captain Sharp is being kept in the Mindbender room (for lack of room).

But yeah. Toph and Zyorna getting to know each other again as mother and daughter? Sure! That's a great step for both of them!

In that case, Toph will still be spending time in medical helping to treat the wounded and giving the crew all the best care possible.

In that case, Toph will still be spending time in medical helping to treat the wounded and giving the crew all the best care possible.
I bet they'll appreciate that!

Scary Jerry: "HEY GUYS! THE COMMANDER'S DAUGHTER IS COMING TO SICK BAY TO GIVE US ALL MEDICAL TREATMENT!"

Adamantium: "OOOOHHH!!"

Captain Sharp quietly grinning in the next room: "Soldiers never change."

Toph says, "Sam, get the enema bags ready! I think these guys need to be cleaned out!"
Psychie Psychie I almost forgot to tell you - I've got Captain Sharp in my head with this alarmed look on his face saying, "For the love of God, I hope that doesn't include me!" In the shape he's in, what's he going to do? Fight back with any chance of success? Hah!

I keep calling him "Colonel" too. I understand why I do it (and still, calling him Captain Sharp still feels like a demotion when it isn't), but sometimes I wish we were back using Army rank terminology so it would all make sense in my head!

And the only ways I know to make the Wild Cards and Broadsword all use Army rank terminology is... well... let's just say it is highly, highly unorthodox!

Here's to Colonel Sharp, the best colonel in any of my games ever! =)

Last edited:
O.K., I guess that's all of the PC-related posting in IC or OOC that's coming my way. I will post in-game when able (hopefully within the next 48 hours - Real Life has been busy). =)

Stay safe, cool, and healthy, Gang! =)

Catch up in-game and read DA SPOILER!

At some point in the day, the Wild Cards will be summoned and gathered somewhere. Until then, you have - within reason - some free roam of the Broadsword.

You have taken the time to practice your morning routines, not with the goodies of home or your work-related lives prior to joining the Broadsword, but instead you are met with higher-tech doodads and whatchamacallits that simply do not exist in the Earth year of 2025. Figuring them out, at least for some of you, might come at the cost of summoning a Sam unit to tell you just how these things operate.
Eadric is more likely to ask the doodad how it works than summon a Sam. Shall I write that out? It seems like it would be a fair amount of back-and-forth between you and me, maybe too much for such a minor scene.

Heading over to medical, Toph turns her doctor mode on. Starting out, she reviews the medical records of the various patients, familiarizing herself with each case as she touches base with the current staff on duty to get their own input on the status of the patients. Finally, she heads over to see Captain Sharp. If he was awake, she would say, "Good morning, Captain. You are looking well, especially compared to how you were when I last saw you. How are you feeling today?"
Psychie Psychie While Toph's heart is in the right place, there is a dynamic I want Psychie the Player to be aware of and that is the "doctor mode." One of, if not, THE first things that ought to come to mind to a doc in her boots is... respecting the doctor in charge. For a doctor (ANY other doctor) to simply waltz in like she's in charge and start doing head doctor things is a huge no-no. I feel Toph M.D. would be aware of this; one doesn't simply clock in and go to work here. I can go into detail as to why if you're interested?

If you like, please do rewrite a bit? Maybe have Toph check in first with Super Hot and Brainy Girlfriend, er, uh, Chief Medical Doctor Yashida as part of that "current staff on duty?" For all Toph knows, she's not even needed here - or she could be needed more than ever - but it's not her call as she's not in charge of the Sick Bay. =)

Last edited:
Heading over to medical, Toph turns her doctor mode on. Starting out, she hunts down the medical officer currently in charge and offers up her services to help out as needed. With so many wounded here, an extra hand would most likely come in handy.
Look at this. Just look at this! That's why I call a rewrite! It's marvelous! Stupendous! It's... it's...

SUPER!
kermit the frog muppets GIF

Honestly, Psychie Psychie thank you! Not everyone takes the time and I appreciate that you did. =)

A simple truth, now as certain as the laws of gravity: After a long, tiring day, nothing beats the greasy, unhealthy abomination of a burger with way too much cheese and too many roasted onions. Let others eat fancy steaks, or slurp their soup - they just don't know how it's done. Guess one has to stay up too many long nights for research to find out the truth. She did that - and heck, it does not disappoint. She wasn't even hungry before entering the mess - too damn tired and exhausted for that, before the scent of food woke up her grumbling stomach - but now... it's just the divine taste she needs.
And now, inspired by the post above, I introduce to you... the Herc-burger! Tasty enough to appease a titan, grand enough to fill a god! Or, er, a hungry Hercules. Maybe. Who knows? Just don't let the Broo see this or they might start having ideas. Okay, might start having more ideas. =)
Salt Bae Hamburger GIF

One day, she might wake up and understand the Broo.
As the Broo's creator, I have to say - good luck with that! Ha ha! There are days they are mysteries to me and I know them best! 8D

Whew! Two down, three to go! More for Psychie, Cap'n, and Sil soon. As for right now? It's beddie-bye time!

puppy dreaming GIF

"My protocol is to vibrate! Do you understand? VAIII-BRRR-AAAY-T! Insert me into your face so I can vibrate upon your bones that show! I recommend inserting me using your largest hole! That is where your filthy bones are!"
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF

I have made a change in tone to my second-to-last post involving Hercules (it wasn't quite right; now I think it is). So... if you've read it in the past hour or so, please see the last two or three paragraphs?

Toph and Ylva's posts will be the next that I write up. =)

Gang, if you're not caught up in-game, please do so, then read this? =)

Catching up the hard way. =)
Silent Film Dog GIF by Det Danske Filminstitut

Sherwood Sherwood - Don't feel discouraged if Mario didn't quite get the answer he was looking for? Broo language is a delicate subject and Mario has succeeded in coming away with but one opinion (Sam's). You can probably imagine who else might know things on the matter. This is where we find out how serious Mario is about learning what might seem near-unlearnable. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus - It was late when I wrote Herc's post - I don't mean for Hercules to feel obligated to go down to the Mess immediately, but at least he knows where Sharp's broken armor is. =) I thought it being left in the Mess made sense. As for the strangeness happening down there, please consider it a mystery, but nothing more than that. Nothing dangerous to him, nothing to be overly worried over. =)

Kaerri Kaerri - I cannot TELL you how long I have been waiting for one of (at least one of!) the Traversers to just go in and start trying to seriously experiment in the fashion Eadric has just provided! These are your characters' powers - keep blissing yourself out! Experiment not once or twice then put it down like a tool to collect dust, but keep it up! Thank you for having Eadric respond this way! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back