• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Me too - I just didn't have a way around it. =)

Take care of yourself. Its not like we are in any kind of a hurry here. Feel better soon!

Thanks, bud!

We just ordered pizza. Fresh well-made pizza with heavy toppings is "mood food" for this Dannigan. Migraines and their side effects do not like it. =)

Just wanted to share what I listen to when I write for Hercules:
(NSFW warning: almost Cortana bewbs)

Captain Hesperus

Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon
The movie, while somewhat cheesy in its special effects (what do you expect from a movie made so long ago?), at least had a decent plot to it, making it somewhat tolerable to watch.

Whoops! Sorry! I have made an error. I have ommitted an important detail:

I should have pointed out in my post that the film is not made up of the rubbery, cheesy special effects of the day, but instead is very lifelike in terms of motion, texture, action, and expression thanks to the Broadsword's incredible ability to provide three-dimensional holographic detail.

Everyone in The Thing looks and feels almost real. It is like you can reach out and touch them. The only safe bets you have are distance - each of you are anywhere between ten and fifteen feet away because of the great size of the briefing room - and the security that you can hit the pause button whenever you want.

It is also worth mentioning that the sound quality here is truly next generation with technology some twenty years ahead of your own. It sounds like you are there in the movie with them. Becoming immersed is very easy if you but let it.

It's like the audio was scientifically custom-designed to raise your blood pressure and heartbeat rate. While immersed, it is difficult to tell the difference between sounds from the movie and reality. Shouts and cries maintain the fearful edges they're meant to have. You can almost smell the fire when you hear it crackling and sense the chill of the cold South Pole air fron the sounds the lonely winds blowing. The sound is really that damn good.

Therefore, perhaps Beema's explosive demonstration of her fight-or-flight instincts here is not terribly surprising once certain facts are put forward - a young alien kid with an overactive imagination, deep personal tribal history with "monstas," no movie experience, and superhuman senses and instincts all brought together?

I'll be guilty here of telling and not showing, but I think it's worth it. Under the influence of the movie and the Broadsword's technology, Beema let herself go and became one with the movie here. What other reaction could a Beastie kid like her have, right? =)

You are welcome to alter your posts to reflect this if you desire.

It's my goof. You know me, Sherwood - I make every effort to clean up my own messes. =)

True, but that doesn't mean I can't show my manners and say 'thank you'.

Hey, Gang! Now that we're entering into the holiday season, I expect our posting to slow down a bit. I'm going to try to continue to post at least once a week, Real Life pending.

Be healthy and remember to have fun!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Whoops! Sorry! I have made an error. I have ommitted an important detail:

I should have pointed out in my post that the film is not made up of the rubbery, cheesy special effects of the day, but instead is very lifelike in terms of motion, texture, action, and expression thanks to the Broadsword's incredible ability to provide three-dimensional holographic detail.

Everyone in The Thing looks and feels almost real. It is like you can reach out and touch them. The only safe bets you have are distance - each of you are anywhere between ten and fifteen feet away because of the great size of the briefing room - and the security that you can hit the pause button whenever you want.

It is also worth mentioning that the sound quality here is truly next generation with technology some twenty years ahead of your own. It sounds like you are there in the movie with them. Becoming immersed is very easy if you but let it.

It's like the audio was scientifically custom-designed to raise your blood pressure and heartbeat rate. While immersed, it is difficult to tell the difference between sounds from the movie and reality. Shouts and cries maintain the fearful edges they're meant to have. You can almost smell the fire when you hear it crackling and sense the chill of the cold South Pole air fron the sounds the lonely winds blowing. The sound is really that damn good.

Therefore, perhaps Beema's explosive demonstration of her fight-or-flight instincts here is not terribly surprising once certain facts are put forward - a young alien kid with an overactive imagination, deep personal tribal history with "monstas," no movie experience, and superhuman senses and instincts all brought together?

I'll be guilty here of telling and not showing, but I think it's worth it. Under the influence of the movie and the Broadsword's technology, Beema let herself go and became one with the movie here. What other reaction could a Beastie kid like her have, right? =)

You are welcome to alter your posts to reflect this if you desire.
I tweaked my post to remove the cheesy special effects reference, just so you know.

Thanks! That was nice of you. Again, sorry for leaving out that important detail.

Hey folks, just a quick note - I'm having a bit of a rough time right now, and I'm not really finding the right mindset to get any posting done. Hopefully, I'll get there again asap, but I'll see. Might take a bit. Feel free to move things along in the various games, don't want to stall stuff unnecessarily - more than I already have, anyway. I'm still reading posts, and I'll catch up as soon as I'm able to.

Hey you! I thought Real Life might have a stronger-than-normal hold on you right now! Let me know if I can help?

In the meantime, I'll do as you ask. Feel better, you! =)

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Heya Gang! Per Sil's request, I am going to keep the game moving. Post in progress.

Then Beema tells them of this Regent and Regis. "There are two different groups of Invid?" She looks over at the young cat-girl with curiosity. "Which one are we going to be dealing with here on Earth, and how much is known about the means that this Regis makes her biological changes to people? I would love to see some of that data."

What or who a "Regess" was, or how it related to the "Regent," was as much a mystery to Elinor as any Wild Card (Cera excepted, apparently). She did wonder what on Earth made Toph think there were multiple groups involved, since nothing Beema had said gave Elinor that impression. Or, for that matter, how Toph and Mario had made the connection to Invid, which Beema hadn't mentioned at all. Both of them got a raised eyebrow of curiosity from Elinor.

Heya Gang!

Just a friendly and hopefully helpful note here - remember that this story of mine is completely fabricated - Broadsword is an alternate universe to Robotech. The only way I can imagine how UEEF Lt. Toph Kirin came to this conclusion is that her Player, who is well-versed in Robotech canon, allowed her to say it. =) No harm done! Just understand - drawing conclusions like this might work against those of you who have seen Robotech in a number of ways. It can confuse your fellow Players who haven't seen it (three out of five of you if I've got it right). You also might confuse one story for another and make some potentially big errors in the long run without realizing how.

And who wants that, right? So please be careful! =)

No problem on my part. I'll make sure to play it careful with the out-of-character facts.

Sorry about that, Dann. I saw the comment about the Regis and the Regent, and made the very athletic leap to a conclusion that I shouldn't have, using my experience with the Robotech system to guide me. Like Sherwood said, I'll try my best to not do that again.

No worries! Like I said - no harm done. Anyone could have done it. =)

If there were three things I could add to the whole world, they would be compassion, understanding, and forgiveness. It all starts with me!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang!

Let's talk polyhedrons, shall we? I've gotten some new dice and I'd like to revamp the dice options for those that might want a change (or keep to the dice they've been using, none of which are going away). There are two reasons I'm doing this - I've gotten a new computer fairly recently and I don't think I can access the program off of my old hard drive anymore, so I'm having to go purely by memory for who wants what in which game. If memory serves... (correct me if I'm mistaken, please):

Robotech Broadsword
Cap'n - Blue set (plastic)
Kaerri - Sparkly blue and gold (plastic)
Psychie - White set (plastic)
Sherwood - Yellow set (plastic)
Silanon - ?

For the sheer heck and fun of it, I will be posting more options in Shop Talk. This is not because I want folks to change sets but because I just want the option out there and I like my dice! =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back