• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Go us indeed - looking forward to what the next chapter has in store for us.

One short question: We'll probably continue the Side-scenes within the new chapter, right? I meant to give Hitomi another reply, just didn't manage to get there yet.

And: IC-questions about the tour.
- Access to "Starry Night" is unrestricted, right? Are there any laboratiories anywhere, other than in the sickbay, potentially? Will Ylva get the opportunity to check out the Stealth Logans at a later opportunity, since those would certainly catch her interest?

Just in case anyone has issues here - RP Nation did an update while I was writing this. The end of Chapter Seven is a two-parter and there is a link at the bottom that will deliver you to Chapter Eight. =)

1. Silanon Silanon Hey you! It's all posted (finally)! Enjoy Chapter Eight!

2. Re: Side Scenes. Yes! Post away with the header "Side Scene with Ylva and Hitomi" and have a good time. =)

- Access to "Starry Night" is unrestricted, right? Are there any laboratiories anywhere, other than in the sickbay, potentially? Will Ylva get the opportunity to check out the Stealth Logans at a later opportunity, since those would certainly catch her interest?

3. Correct! Starry Night is unrestricted (though you may find company in there from time to time).

4. There are no dedicated laboratories, but the Broadsword's Sickbay comes awfully close in having what someone like Ylva would need to use all of her Skills. The higher tech alone covers bases unknown to some laboratories in 2025, but of course, that is not the purpose of a Sickbay. One thing the Sickbay has is room for improvement. Should Ylva require laboratory resources, she might first request that she be allowed to bring them aboard and then (the fun part!) go get them! Perhaps as a side adventure?

5. Definitely. Since the tour is completed, Ylva is presumed to have seen the hangars' registry and having done so, is now aware of the two Super Stealth Logan Prototypes currently sitting onboard the Broadsword. =)

Hey friends,

I owe you all an apology. I'm still catching up, because I, er, fell headlong into Mass Effect this week and forgot I hadn't even turned my computer on since Friday, much less come on the website. So I'm way behind now, and went silent in the process >.> I do apologize for that. I'll try not to get so swept away with the other two games (I actually finished the first one tonight! Got to be a personal record, there) and I will certainly try to at least stay communicative with y'all.

Those games are just way too good... the same has happened to me before.
Now that I think about it: I meant to replay the third part and finish Andromeda as well. I... should probably get to that side scene now, before something unfortunate happens...

We got Mass Effect Legendary, so they aren't just good, they're updatedly pretty and good. ^;3^ But I'm not starting the second one until I'm caught up here.

Short warning: I won't be able to get posts up until Monday, most likely. If all goes well, things will calm down a little after that, but we'll see.

Thanks, Sil. Hope the weekend is gentle on you. =)

I hope to get some posts up site-wide today, but we'll see - my head's doing its usual thing. So I'll post when able. Stay healthy, friends! =)

EDIT: Oh, I should add I've been very pleasantly distracted by some really good video games recently too! =)

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I think that ties up all of the Side Scenes with your Character and HItomi? If I've left something out, do let me know? Given my state of mind recently, I may have missed something, but hey! C'est la vie! (French for "Such is life!")

Stray thought that just occurred to me:

I had been assuming that the Esper ships, or rather the first Esper that we encountered in Veracruz (because until this week we didn't know about the others), was something that Broadsword had had in its hold somewhere, and sent off on supply runs as needed. Its existence was a surprise because Sam hadn't mentioned it, but then again there's a lot of things Sam hasn't been mentioning. ^;3^

But...

I'm now wondering -- Drake specifically mentioned relics of ships at the bottom of the ocean as materials Sam could scavenge to build Pacifica. What if it isn't just the city that Sam built, but that fleet of Espers that's floating outside our door right now? Kind of mind-boggling, but it's a mind-boggling time right now. ^D^

P.S. -- Dannigan reminds me that Espers, even one, are too big to fit inside the Broadsword. I'm not sure that fact made it all the way into my brain before. :P

Heya Gang! I hope to have an in-game post soon (I need to rest my brain). =)

This is one element I really miss about playing tabletop RPGs - the part where everybody can pause the game to talk about the game (from critiques to praise and everything in between). You don't really get that in RP Nation (or at least, not in my experience).

But yeah. I love it when my Players see the things Kaerri mentions! It means folks are doing more than enjoying the game - they're also really paying attention to all that was and is going on! =)

As for the "Espers," yes, as you know now, they are plural. This is a great time for a lot of "what ifs." If I've done my job right, none of you saw this coming (as I don't recall ever having mentioned a mobile underwater city with a port and the like) and now you have a much stronger idea (I hope) of what the Wild Cards are actually contributing to!

I do believe that Toph has had enough of her side scene with Hitomi, and that both women will have plenty to digest over the next few days/weeks to see what grows from the seed that Toph has tried to plant.

I hope to post in-game (main game) in the next 24 hours. Stay safe and have fun, friends! =)

Alrighty, folks - short personal update. These last few weeks have been pretty busy for me, mostly because I was prepping for a damn important oral exam that took place today. Haven't been so stressed out in a while. Guess it paid off, though, pretty much nailed it. Phew. Feels. Fricking. Amazing. I'll have to make up for missed sleep first, but I should be back to my usual self after that. Hopefully, that'll translate into more frequent posts here and in the other games I'm in as well. Thanks for all the patience recently, y'all. Means a lot.

Congrats on the exam! Get some rest -- you've earned it, for sure!

Rest up, Sil! You deserve every moment of it - and big congratulations on nailing the exam! I can't say I'm surprised though; you're pretty sharp and you seem to put your best effort into what you do. =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back