• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Hey! I just edited my most recent post with Beema. Seems she had more to say so I let her say it. Reread it when you get the chance? =)

Dannigan Dannigan The slightly transparent yellow die did good work for me thus far - but one of the new ones made me curious. The first one in the second row - is it blue and yellow, or blue and gold?

Silanon Silanon They're numbered. The picture's at an angle, so it's possible to miss this. I'm guessing you mean #6? Farthest to the left, second one down?

She's both - blue and yellow. =) Here's a couple of closer shots.

Pretty, huh? =)

20211117_025754.jpg
20211117_025827.jpg

Thanks - that's the one I meant. Completely missed the numbering, whoops! Looks awesome, and has the Swedish colors on it - can't ask for more for Ylva, can I? Lemme switch over to that one.

Thanks! I couldn't remember your original color and I realize now that I hadn't put your name on the roster. Whoops!

Hah! I hadn't thought of the Swedish colors! What a great idea! It's done. =)

Beema’s unbearably cute. I’ve only had her a few weeks but if anything happened to her I would kill everyone in the room and then everyone outside the room and then myself.

Captain Hesperus

Then I've done her right. =)

Thanks for letting me know, Cap'n! It means a lot to me. =)

Edit: 16 Nov 2021 - on a whim, I decided to break out 20 sets of dice - Kaerri helped me take the pictures (hooray!) and here we have sets 1-20, numbered! Go nerds! So feel free to keep your current pick or change whenever you feel like it!
Yes, am nerd, we got the picture all good and then thought "Wait, what if we turned them so their number was facing up?" New picture time! 😂

Elinor would like to use #19, the clear yellow.

From her relaxed position near Mario and Toph, Cera stretches and reaches for another handful of popcorn. "May we now resume the viewing of the destruction of humans and animals in the hopes they will find a solution to prevent their eradication?"
Dannigan can confirm, this had me nearly falling out of my chair laughing. I love this so much. For itself, but also because it reminded me of a comic I really like called "Strange Planet," which if you haven't come across it, I recommend you take a look. ^;3^

hy16-strangeplanet-striking

D1Ar1NFWoAEDB1c

Dz9oXUuXcAATVXJ

I've seen some of those comics on Pintrest. They usually get a laugh out of me.

The Wild Cards experience this together. All of your cares and stress bleed away replaced by a great sense of... "okayness." Total contentment. No longing for anything really. Not even popcorn. Just a single moment in time filled with absolutely purity where nothing is wrong, nothing harmful can touch you, any of you, and the problems of the world as you know it seem very, very far away.

And that's all right too.
This reminds me of when I was in hypnotherapy for anxiety. (Good stuff, by the way. Kaerri recommends, if you find a good therapist you can trust.) One of the common phrases we used while reaching or being in my mental-comfort place to work on things was, "It doesn't matter, it doesn't have to matter." A way to add distance to issues so that I can get a realistic perspective instead of going into emotional overdrive. This moment feels very like that: "The problems of the world are far away, and that's all right."

I am bad at communication tonight (ADHD). I will try again tomorrow. Stay safe! =)

About to land in Frankfurt, Germany, for a three hour layover before flying back to the UK.

Captain Hesperus

May the forces of evil become confused and get lost on their way to disrupt your trip.

Heya Gang! I hope to post within the next 24 hours. Stay safe and get that holiday shopping done if you haven't yet! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back