• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fandomronpa - A Multifandom Danganronpa-style RP [Closed to those who have given interest for now]

Zenterfold

⚆ _ ⚆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
EDIT 2: I think I definitely gotta close sign-ups now to those who have given interest to me in this thread or privately. If someone gives me an impassioned plea, maybe, but we are definitely overstuffed now for this kind of roleplay, lol.

EDIT: OOC threads are now up!

Hello! This interest check is mostly to see who would be interested in this RP to gauge a player cap. I have the full character sheet below so people can see what I'm looking for. I'll be adding a FAQ section to the OOC if anyone has any questions!

BZ59SmyqBJ0nmF5s6yC9hw_-L5GF-NLrt9p5CGGggnG8s04k4mClDFVRx7QWuQ0T_LOJJhK_qZay-EWHEu665rQ6Ldtmeh2HotXcoDVvKbqwJUPIrD-vgTNSHmeoxm8E_mVrafWP

The premise for “Fandom Ronpa” hinges on a franchise called “Danganronpa,” which is mostly known for being a visual novel series that focuses on murder mysteries. Fandom Ronpa will involve taking the setting of Danganronpa but applying it to characters from established fandoms. For example, instead of 16 or so original characters being trapped in a location and forced to kill each other, it will be characters from fandoms such as “Fire Emblem,” “Harry Potter,” “Game of Thrones,” “Pokémon,” etc.

I would not consider knowledge of Danganronpa to be a requirement for the RP, so let me go over how things would go. The “Why” and “Where” of the RP will be plot details, but generally the concept will rely on characters being trapped in a specific location and unable to leave. They would be told they can only leave if they not only kill another in their group, but then proceed to get away with the crime after a mock trial is run. They would be given incentives, or motives, as further reasons to kill, such as blackmail, money, power, etc.

In terms of RP structure, every two weeks OOC would be dedicated to characters interacting in their downtime, followed by a few days dedicated to the murder of that week. This would involve both an investigation and then a “trial”, where the characters would vote on who they believe committed the crime after a discussion. These will be designed to make it very fair to determine the killer, for an unsuccessful vote would mean death for the other characters.

Murderers and victims will be determined based on a few factors. First and foremost, players can volunteer for these positions (through private PM with me) throughout the weeks and would be given priority. Following that, players who go inactive would be given priority in terms of victims. If everyone is active and no one is volunteering, then the murderer/victim of the week will be determined via random draw. However, this can be avoided based on activity! Players who are more active than others will be rewarded with fewer odds to be drawn, ensuring that those who last are dedicated and active. However, this does not mean one should spam the roleplay. If I see a rapid number of posts that lack substance or quality, I will not be counting those toward one’s activity.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me! I will add an FAQ section for any inquiries that come up.

PScbhhWGmT9Y5jjI_uex2J3qd9J99WJolUR7xqHmdycM7AjlblJRdPrb7ZhvZ3MMt5J1TSVuftZt1Y2IapwztWqBE77RbUvIkuUcjT4taTBsu4L8r71ae-RZurprhj4_KeCOADw-

| No OOC talk in the IC! In addition to our OOC thread, I will be using a general RPing Discord for further OOC talk.

| You are allowed to use images to illustrate your characters but please only post a maximum of three images per post in order to not flood the page with images that make it harder to load. Generally, less is more.

| Players of all posting levels are welcome here. However, please at least put something somewhat substantial whenever you make a post. I'd like no IC posts with nothing but images. Any posts like this will be treated as spam.

| The RP will progress as a series of chapters. Chapters will generally last a few weeks, so you'll hopefully have plenty of time to post. Not doing so will result in your character possibly being killed off. At the very least, PM me if anything comes up and I'll do my best to keep you around.

| Please keep in mind that no one is fully exempt from their character possibly dying. If this would be an issue, this might not be the best roleplay for you.

CHARACTER LIMITATIONS

| For this RP, you may only play one character.

| Both fandom and original characters can be played. Fandom characters include any character depicted in a publicly established work, including novels, graphic novels, web comics, web shows, live action television shows, movies, animation, video games, plays, and radio dramas. You may not play real life historical figures, religious figures, or real life people. However, historical figures can be played if a fictional version exists of them.

| In addition to fandom characters, OCs from worlds of your own creation can be played.

| A fandom character with limited canon or information is not applicable. If you would struggle to fill out a bio or personality section for the character without having to make most of it up, they likely won’t be acceptable.

| For fandom characters, their canon must have been available in English for at least a month. This applies to both translations and new properties recently released in English. Reliable fan translations are acceptable.

| Characters must be sapient to be applicable. To be sapient is to have the ability to think, have the capacity for intelligence, and have the ability to acquire wisdom. Basically, the average family dog wouldn’t be applicable.

| There is an upper size limit on characters. They need to be able to fit within small interiors.

| You can play characters who are canonically dead. Either you take them from a point before their death or at the moment of their death.

| Characters will lose all equipment/items/weapons. If they need certain items to function or live, talk to me about it.

| There is no limit on powers. However, powers will be severely limited/nerfed. I will choose what limits they receive on a case-by-case basis.

WSs6OSqQzajE6nYitGC8OSILVuS-_i2hrOm-5V8YZrh2V0GssT6aDaANCNA5mEAGQMoQBXsSTUaSyqgKM1_YpYwN1bpzWARHIg24A5GsildOJ6AH7RH4G-FQDkWt2z2Ax1h1awSc

Appearance: Self-explanatory. Just a picture is fine.

Name: What is your character's name? Do they generally go by an alias / nickname?

Canon: What does your character originate from? If your character is an OC, just say "OC".

Ultimate Title: A title that fits your character. Usually reflects their best skill, occupation, or status. For example, a brilliant artist could be the Ultimate Artist. An accomplished attorney could be the Ultimate Lawyer. A member of a royal family could be the Ultimate Prince.

Personality: I’m only looking for three descriptive words. Example: Proud. Studious. Stoic.

Bio: What is your character's backstory leading up to how they came to this point? Pretty much just a wiki link is acceptable, as long as it’s a somewhat substantial wiki.

Powers: Don’t list nerfs as I will be choosing those.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have to be too in-depth. Can just be a few bullet points. You must list at least two.

Other Info: Optional. Just basically any extra info you feel is necessary.

After you post your sheet, I ask that you PM me a final character section, that being: What would push your character to kill another? You have to think of some reason, no matter the character.​

Last edited:
I usually don't do group RPs but I have enjoyed the concept of Danganrompa despite never having played any personally or having too much other than basic knowledge of it so I'd be thinking about joining if this RP stays well paced (like if I have to work or sonething for a few hours I aould hope I don't have to read 1500 missed posts for example) I do NOT have Discord however, nor do I have any intention of making one so is that ok?

Also if our character gets drawn to be murdered does that mean we leave the RP? Cuz that'd kinda suck if we suddenly had to leave esp if you were active.

If you'd rather me PM these inquiries please let me know! As for characters, I'll be thinking about who to put but I do apprecite you mentioning some fandoms I like

Last edited:
I usually don't do group RPs but I have enjoyed the concept of Danganrompa despite never having played any personally or having too much other than basic knowledge of it so I'd be thinking about joining if this RP stays well paced (like if I have to work or sonething for a few hours I aould hope I don't have to read 1500 missed posts for example) I do NOT have Discord however, nor do I have any intention of making one so is that ok?

Also if our character gets drawn to be murdered does that mean we leave the RP? Cuz that'd kinda suck if we suddenly had to leave esp if you were active.

If you'd rather me PM these inquiries please let me know! As for characters, I'll be thinking about who to put but I do apprecite you mentioning some fandoms I like
I can't guarantee how the pace will be. I know I don't plan to go super fast myself as I have school to deal with. I wanted to have some kind of schedule of when murders and trials happen so that there is some consistency and so that people can plan around them but that will be flexible depending on what is best for everyone. I know I myself might have to move things around depending on what's going on in my life.

Ideally, the only people who die will be those who are relatively inactive or who want to be picked. If literally everyone is being fairly active and want to stay in, I will likely come up with a solution for those who die to stick around, but we'd have to see.

No need to make a Discord account. I have one for another RP that I'm just co-opting if people want to use one but I don't plan to leave the OOC threads on the forum in the dust.

i'm interested but want to see the vibe of other people joining before i hop in
Sure! No problem.

I can't guarantee how the pace will be. I know I don't plan to go super fast myself as I have school to deal with. I wanted to have some kind of schedule of when murders and trials happen so that there is some consistency and so that people can plan around them but that will be flexible depending on what is best for everyone. I know I myself might have to move things around depending on what's going on in my life.

Ideally, the only people who die will be those who are relatively inactive or who want to be picked. If literally everyone is being fairly active and want to stay in, I will likely come up with a solution for those who die to stick around, but we'd have to see.

No need to make a Discord account. I have one for another RP that I'm just co-opting if people want to use one but I don't plan to leave the OOC threads on the forum in the dust.

I can stay fairly active for the moment but in spring I plan to be a lot busier to where I may be gone for a few hours a day so my only thing is finding hundreds of posts to review in the span of a day. I've been in some group rps likw that and it was hard if the day was busy. I'm pretty sure I can probs plan around it whwn thw time comes. I'd be sure to let people know when my scheduling changes

Seems reasonable. I suppose we'll have to see. I'll likely be using Fire Emblem for this. My main fandom os one that idk how would work right for here

Cool. A lot of group rps say they'll have OOC on site but then everyone poofs to Discord so yeah I don't wanna have to be obligated!!

Of course. Some characters might be harder to justify than others but nothing is off the table.
Thank you I’m just laying the second and I’m OBSESSED with a specific someone.

This sounds super interesting! I would love seeing this character I have in mind being put in a kill-or-be-killed situation!

I would be interested. New to the site so I hope that is ok but I love DanganRonpa and am sure I can find some fandom character to play. Will have to think on who that is though :)

oh! and is it okay if I play an interpretation of a character that's mostly OC? like, the character was intentionally designed in canon with details left out. don't worry, my interpretation is pretty thorough (although im probably biased)

oh! and is it okay if I play an interpretation of a character that's mostly OC? like, the character was intentionally designed in canon with details left out. don't worry, my interpretation is pretty thorough (although im probably biased)

I also wondered about this cuz my main fandom I am into actually sometimes doesnt have detailed personality on the charas. Its why I was iffy on including it.

I also wondered about this cuz my main fandom I am into actually sometimes doesnt have detailed personality on the charas. Its why I was iffy on including it.
It would depend on the character! If they are a distinct character with some level of relevance it should be fine.

Yeah I was waiting for someone to ask that haha.

It's been a while since I joined a Dangenronpa RP, and never once did I join a fandom one. So ofc I'm interested.

I'm very interested but,, my first pick might be restricted fklghdkldgfldh

would Alexander Hamilton from the musical be acceptable?? If not I have a backup to fall on 😤😤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back