• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Legacy of the Twilight Prophet

She didn't expect much from her offhand comment. It was but a joke anyway. Still, the lack of reaction worried Eias slightly. Before things could get too awkward, she watched as Aeris walked off into the balcony. The quick back and forth between the spirit and her was something of interest and in some ways heartbreaking. All in all, it was probably for the best. Eon didn't really open up to Aeris the same way she could with her. Once they were fully alone, Eon had her undivided attention. Taking a seat, she listened to the problems that were on her mind.
"I see.. Well, everyone has a limit to what they can handle. There is also much more to fire than anger and fury my dear. Cold can be harsh and fire can warm people up. It is what you do with your powers and feelings that shapes their affect. Still, this subject must have been a bad one if Meryl lost her.. cool.. so quickly as you make it seem." She made a small huff thinking of what to do. She hadn't talked with Meryl much since being here. She was off doing her own work. Overall, there was still some hesitation to. After all the strange things that happened between them Eias wasn't sure how to feel about her just yet.
"I would say, talk to Aeris about it. She is connected to both of you after all. Maybe she can do some spiritual emotion transfers or something. Maybe get a feel for what Meryl is feeling and send your feelings to her?"

Eon fell silent as she stared at Eias with a gloomy smile. She did not know what to say just yet but the pun the girl made woke up some morbid humor within her which made her giggle for just a bit. She sighed, hopping on top of the bed, throwing herself on it fully. It looked weird that a girl adorned in such elegant, majestic clothes could harbor so much ill feelings but alas, that is what she could muster, that is what she could cling to at this very moment. Her eye lashes blinked sleepily as she felt a little fit of flame coursing through her.
"I have lived for hundreds of years already." she managed "Yet by spirit standards I am still but an infant, a child. My appearance - though it was by chance - was thought as a mockery, something to disgrace me. All this time, however, this tiny mortal frame was more appropriate than I believed it would be. Knowing what the fire is and controlling it is two different things, Eias. It is... difficult to explain for someone who was not born from a primordial element. You ARE a descendant of an ancient power but you are as much of a mortal as..."
She was about to say Aeris but she stopped.
"Talking to Aeris is not the... simplest of tasks for me. Meryl - that is how little Aeris named her after being unable to utter her real one - always harbored unprecedented love towards her, unconditioned, unblemished. She picked the baby up when she cried, she told her stories, she made magical tricks for her to make those tiny eyes sparkle. I... just raged. I just... loathed her, her being, her curse, the bond that bound me to her. That was the first time I earned Meryl's ire. I am uncertain how to even approach her, let alone talk to her. Seems... like a dream. A poison laced dream."

The room fell silent as the noise of the girls died away for a moment. Eon watched with sleepy eyes the glittering in Eias' eyes as the moonlight shone upon it. Truly a marvelous and happy sight it was, giving birth to a lot of happy emotions. Even now, unbeknownst to her the presence of the Muse gave the little fire spirit clarity and serenity. Her tiny frame shook a bit as she let out a sleepy yawn. The excitement, anxiety and the fact that she was in the mortal realm on her own volition for the moment drained Eon a bit. But still, she was curious. Her face turned a bit more serious.
"Say..." she said very quietly "I... have seen your emotions. Pure, joyful, happy. Things that Aeris had never even felt before nor known before. Loving someone... a strange sentiment she can not fully comprehend. But I wonder..."
Her body quaked again.
"Would that love change... had it turned out that the one you love... is not the one you think is...?"
With another sleepy yawn her eyes closed... and Eon curled up next to Eias, clutching her clothes with her tiny hands.

Eias swayed her mouth to the side in puckered lips as she thought of what Eon was talking about. She understood how the spirit felt initially to Aeris. The loathing and hatred for what they were to each other. She understood it well now after listening to her rant and vent. She also could tell that Meryl was the one that accepted their fate quickly.
"I suppose you are correct. I can't understand the ways you live since I am not part of them. Still, it doesn't change the fact that things can change. Meryl.... Meryl can be angry, cool minded, sweet at times. She can also do devious things as well that I still don't understand. In all fairness, she is as much in the wrong as you are. If she really cared for Aeris, then the two of you would explain stuff to her. How do you think she will feel once this ritual or whatever is done? She would be broken..." She dipped her head slightly as she spoke. That was what she believed to be the truth.
"love isn't simple. It depends on what you mean by that. She could be a different person yet retain the things I care for. She could change entirely and I would learn to love those parts as well. No one ever stays the same. Life keeps everyone changing."

Eon was almost asleep, the tiredness overwhelmed her little frame and now she was barely awake, only enough to drowsily hear the words of Eias as she spoke to her. She found the soothing words of the Muse caressing her, weaving dreams of Meryl and her reconciling and even about ardently standing by Aeris no matter what. She smiled as she managed to put her ornamented head on the lap of the girl, curling into a ball almost as she did that.
"So... optimistic... as always..." she murmured, a happy, hopeful smile sitting on her expression as her eyes fluttered open for but a moment "I love you... Mother... I hope you feel that too..."
With that her body flared up for just a moment in a happy caressing flame before the tiny spirit finally fell asleep on the lap of Eias.

The night was not warm but it was not cold either. The weather served Aeris' needs of meditation perfectly and thus she was rather happy to have serenity embracing her. She found that chairs did come with this artificial balcony and thus she could take a seat and stare at the radiance of the Moon in silence. Though the night was clear and the stars were abundant something else which radiated brighter than any of them still lingered in her mind. Something - someone - who surpassed everything and everyone she met.
Eias.

Just the thought of the Muse brought a shiver down her spine. Warm, happy feelings filled her heart which no longer tormented nor hurt her as the very first time. Ever since that Lich attack her feelings towards Eias were genuine and true - and especially after the night when the two of them could enjoy each other's company without the clothes... it brought her a revelation which she wanted to push through at long last. It was long overdue and she knew not how to approach it either for she knew not the words. The last bastion of chains of shadow still held her heart firm but it was changing: something began weakening within the darkness and it yearned to break free. She... wanted to tell these feelings to her friend, to confess the warmth she felt towards her. If only she could manage that truthfully for this one time...

She bowed her head, her corset tightening playfully a bit for these thoughts which made her smile.
"I faced demons, dark magics and even death itself... but I can not face the one I cherish with my emotions. Life sure is funny." she chuckled.

Eias held a somber face as Eon fell asleep. The spirit was always one for pessimism. Even if things ended up bad, she still needed to understand that things could be less bad in the end. She felt bad for both sides. Each one was or would be torn apart by emotions with all this information. With a heavy sigh, she picked Eon up and walked to her bed. Laying the small spirit down, she patted her head a few times.
"Life is a funny and cruel game sometimes. It is what people do with it that matters." She smiled coldly as she rose the sheets onto her person before leaving the room with the spirit.

walking out now, she spotted Aeris in the distance on the balcony. It seemed she was admiring the night sky just as she liked during the travels. With no rush, she casually walked out into the balcony as well.
"It is really pretty outside. I always loved the moon and stars. Especially when you can see all of them. Its like the heavens are watching over us." She said with a content smile. It slowly dimmed a little over the passing seconds.
"You should really talk to Eon and Meryl about something. It is really getting to them but they are afraid to tell you... I just thought you should know since they are your spirits afterall."

Aeris' eyes lit up as she heard the steps of Eias from the inside. her heart began thumping faster as she knew the girl was approaching and she began to rectify her position to be an elegant one. A wide smile sat on her face as her friend joined her company and was even happier when she mentioned the stars and the sky. She felt pride swelling within her as she was trying to muster the strength to talk to her about her feelings...
But again, as it was almost customary with her, it seemed that her impulse of confession came at the wrong time. When Eias began talking about her disturbed spirits she saw - and felt - the smile vanishing from the girl's lips and from hers. She blinked, a solemn look sitting on her face as she stared at Eias.

"I... have felt a minor disturbance in Eon but I thought it was normal." she admitted silently "Her emotions were always a vortex of impossible proportions and I had... difficulties finding out what she truly wanted. But if she is really worried about something..."
She stared at the stars. The moment of confession evaporated as once more she returned to a more serious tone.
"Maybe she worries about the outcome of our mission here." she mused "So much had changed and so much will still change that uncertainty is all that surrounds us. Beside our own wills there is nothing really that stays the same, not as long as we interfere with the things here. Still..."
She sighed.
"Something deep within me tells me that this is only the beginning of our trials. We have a lot of work to do and a lot to focus on... as much as I would love to help Eon out i just feel... too weak for it. Too feeble... too... fragile."
She slumped back in her chair.
"Meryl had told me much of my childhood. Of how weak body did I have initially, needing to rely on her strength to persevere. To draw on her energies to be able to cast spells. Guilt, greater than I can ever express, is what weighs my shoulders, Eias. I want to be a leech no longer... I want to stand on my own feet... yet the irony is that the more i struggle for it the more I need to rely on the girls. This vicious circle eats at my mind, taunts me on a daily basis... mocks me... just as the thought does that I am..."

She paused for a moment.
"Sometimes I just feel like an alien." she said with a sardonic smile "Too weird to be among ordinary people, not weird enough to be among others. This is why I retreat so often to contemplate... to think, to analyze... the stars listen to my woes and questions as they always did."
She smiled.
"I am glad that one of these stars shine brighter than any other... and is here with me tonight as well."

Eias took a seat as she slung her head upward to gaze at the stars. It was much more pretty being so close to the sky. Everything seemed a little closer. Had it not been for her stress with the up coming event and the chilly air, she could fall asleep right in the seat just thinking about life on the road.
"I am sure they don't blame you for the power. Maybe Eon at first but they are reasonable spirits. Eon has grown quite a lot and truly cares for you." She said with a nonchalant tone. She knew the problem at hand but promised she wouldn't tell. If anything, she was scared she would mess things up even worse than what is to come. Her only hope was to get the three together to talk about it. Even if they agree there is no chance, at least they can part on good terms with no feelings left unchecked.

"It's funny. Now that I have been given this muse title, I get treated like that. Different. Like I am not a part of society but rather someone who is suppose to look in on it. I sometimes miss just being another person in the crowed just minding their own business. Find a nice tree to laze in and play my flute. It would be a peaceful life." She said with small nervous giggles in between. " Some days I feel I lost myself. With people telling me I am this and that, I get caught up in all this detail and I can't figure out what I am suppose to be."

Aeris listened to her friend as she observed the reflection of the Moon's light dancing all over the two of them. She wondered how things might have been had they not crossed paths at all or what could have possibly turned out as the true life for the both of them. It was almost impossible to think about it without an omnipotent mind, let alone trying to decipher it so in the end she gave up on this foolish conquest.
"I felt Eon change a lot recently. Probably thanks to you, no doubt." she said with a smile "Eon always resented me for some reason. I never understood the underlying conflict nor did she tell me in the past what it was all about. But it had to be something very scarring if it affected her so much. I am not certain whether I will be able to ask her about it but it may be time to do it again. It had been years since I tried the last time and with everything else transpiring here it feels like we have shifted enough to make these dreams realities."

She looked at the stars once more.
"Life had changed, Eias. We had changed." she said, smiling "The adventures we had together... I feel they have shaped us into something more than we were. We were fundamentally altered by what we became. Now we are sitting here, playing aristocrats, nobles... deep down we still might be the same people we were to an extent but as the world spun around so did we. That does not mean that we can not cherish some time together in the future."
She put a gloved hand on Eias', not looking at it just now.
"We will see this through together. I know it." she said quietly, her heart pounding again for a moment as the warmth of her friend spread over her "When this is all over I will make up to my promise and bring you on a date that you will forever remember. That is what I vow."
She leaned in and kissed Eias' cheek before returning to her sitting posture, calmly.
"I missed these moments of serenity under the gaze of the Moon." she mused, leaning back in her chair "It is said that under the full Moon everyone finds peace and rest as long as they desire it. And should a shooting star sail through the sky at the same time their dreams will also come true. Well, that is what Meryl told me always when I was little."
She chuckled.

Eias formed a pleasant smile. Hearing Aeris speaking of talking to Eon was a good thing. It put her mind at ease for a short time. She just hopped that talk would go well. As they stayed under the moon, she lost herself in her own mind. Music to play again. Trails she could walk back on earthland. It was only a matter of time when they would return. As she brought up the date once more, Eias made a small peeping chuckle. That was so long ago now she almost forgot.
"That is very noble of you. I'll hold you to it." She said, playfully pointing her finger to her friend.
"Well, the moon does have some strange powers of its own. It always brings out some part of people that daylight can't. Either way, we should start heading to bed. Gotta get up bright and early for some chess game snooping."

Aeris felt blush overtaking her rosy cheeks as she tried to conceal her happiness with the turn of her head. She listened to the level-headed advice of her friend about needing to go to bed and she nodded to herself. They needed to conserve all their energies if they wanted to perform well with the clue hunting about the trials. She knew that if they really wished to prove their worth they must give nothing but their best.
"That is a good idea indeed." she said, standing up from the chair. Fiddling around to get the blood flowing in her sleepy legs she turned to her friend, bowing a little "I shall await your arrival in the bed, My Lady. I shall keep your spot warm and cozy."
With that - and with a mischievous smile - she entered the room and took her place in the bed with a happy, but sleepy smile.

Latosius' mind was heavy with the burdens that he had to deal with. Not only was the situation in the lower city beginning to be a real thorn in his side but he was even more frustrated when he realized that he can not possibly uncover the ploy without help. He was angry that he was so powerless against such a dark motion that lurked in his own city but alas, he had to be content with the success of the feasts tonight. Entering his room he found the bare-shouldered Meryl sitting in front of the dormant fire place, her eyes now staring at the artificial logs with an empty intent.
"Trouble?" the Lord began, walking calmly into the room.
"Family matters." replied the frost spirit with melancholy and with a heavy heart.
"Worried about the upcoming trials? I am certain that your allies will perform as good as they had done until now." Latosius spoke, pouring some tea for himself and for Meryl "They seem ready, they were trained by Lady Kuuna herself. Her... mastery over nobility is great, despite her youth."
"Seem..." she sighed "I thought the same about the time when Bellidan attacked us. And yes one servant girl had to sacrifice herself for me and Eias."
"You had the foresight to get endurance training from me and to switch places. That the girl agreed to your deception was a necessary evil."
"She wanted to protect the ones she respected and cared about. That is no small sacrifice to be made, Latosius."
The Lord did not say anything immediately.
"Perhaps." he mused finally "You are much more... eloquent when it comes to emotions like these, dearest Meryl."
The spirit smiled.
"Yet you have learned to adapt to them. Just like Aeris did."
The eyes of Latosius flared with anticipation when hearing the name of the girl but said nothing just yet. He merely sipped his tea.
"You felt it too, didn't you, Meryl?"
The spirit nodded.
"They are both growing. And deceptions will no longer be sufficient to keep that in check."
"What will you do?"
Meryl remained silent.
"Pray that Eias will understand. And also for Aeris to comprehend."
She finally sipped her tea as she stared at the fireplace, the darkness of the night veiling both of them in perpetual shadows.

She didn't want to get up noisily just yet. No matter how early did Aeris wake up in the morning she would always remain put until her friend would join her in the waking world. A myriad of thoughts entered her mind, fluttering, jumping and skipping left and right, making her ponder about life itself sometimes. Her mind wandered off as some early birds began chirping outside of the window and she smiled. The very early rays of the morning sun were upon them and that made she feel...
Content. And also joyous for Eias was with her. She promised herself that she will confess soon... one way or another she will have to say it.

With a quick nod, she made her way for the bed. Sadly there was no need for frilly night wear but that would be for a latter day when she wasn't wearing the clothing 24/7. She plopped down on her side of the bed, covering herself in the sheets and slowly dozed off into dreamland. Pleasant dreams of a hot summer day while laying on grass. All she needed was some sun on her cheeks and a flute in her hand to have a good day. She wondered what her family was doing in the mean time. That and the guild that they had been away from for so long. Would they take the back with love and friendship when they haven't even talked much? Only time would tell.

The night went by fast. So fast that it felt she hadn't even slept. As she hardly opened her eyes, she knew she would remain tired. Just her body telling her she didn't sleep in the right position. With a small murmur, she wondered if tea would help. Something to start the day off. As she brought a palm to her forehead, she opened her eyes wide.
"wow, I am thirsty."

It happened so quickly that she needed to adjust herself immediately as she felt her friend stirring. Aeris looked at the waking Muse with a bit of a scare but otherwise with a happy smile. The pure, undiluted emotions of Eias always made her giddy and happy. They reminded her that a complex, elegant and refined lady like her friend still had such a natural outburst period sometimes. That made her reminisce about the times spent together and made her exceptionally glad to know someone like the girl as her friend.
"Hehe, good morning, My Lady." she said with a smile "I think I can remedy the situation for you! I know just the perfect combination for a tea!"

She jumped out of the bed, eager to please her friend as she walked over the tea kettle, trying to make the best tea possible... despite lacking expertise. Humming happily, she looked at the item as she focused on creating the refreshing beverage.
"How are you today? Fine I hope?" she said, not looking up "Today seems to be very productive in many ways! And perhaps... liberating to an extent as well. Well, on my part anyways."
She touched the gems of her corset which flared up - but with a much weaker intensity than ever before.
"Not sure how much energy you have used up yet, My Lady, but I know mine is almost at its end." she said, a slight worry coursing through her words. She secretly still dreaded the faltering of the protective barriers around her clothes.
"If you are in a similar situation then your dream will finally come true!" she smiled, pouring tea to two cups, bringing over to Eias "You can get free of the clothes I think! Well, when you feel the wards falter and the energy wane, that is."

Eias looked at the girl as she became slightly startled. With a mused smile she propped herself up as Aeris made her way to the tea sets. As she began to work on the tea, Eias tried her best to wipe away dry sleep tears and to get excess yawns out. When she was finally addressed, she looked at Aeris like a deer does in headlights.
"Oh, I am doing fine. Just slept wrong I suppose. Not sure why though, my dreams were pretty nice." With a final shrug she sat on the edge of the bed. "We do have some productive things to do though for sure."
She swayed her feet back and forth as she awaited the tea but something else came up. It seemed Aeris was loosing some of the magic on the clothing now. She could see the steam coming from the tea but all she could do was focus on her gem. Placing a few fingers atop it, she tried to feel how much energy there was left. To her slight displeasure, there was still quite a bit of energy. Perhaps less but still a good amount.
"mmm, perhaps not soon enough." She muttered to herself.

Aeris took a sip from her tea as she watched Eias touching her gems. An admittedly brighter glow appeared within them then she had actually expected but then she remembered the plight she had with constantly maintaining the summoning of Eon as well... that an the other stress placed on her body was probably enough to drain the magical jewels of her own. She was really torn at this subject. On one hand she really loved to see Eias to be this elegant, her heart jumped every time she saw her. However, she knew very well that elegance had its price, sometimes greater than she herself anticipated it to be and thus felt guilty at the same time.
"W-well, we will do our best regardless." she smiled, taking a sip from her tea "I am certain that we will be able to gather everything we need today and rest tomorrow!"
It was wishful thinking for sure but one that lifted her spirits.
"Actually... I didn't even look at the names we need to decipher with the other nobles." it jumped in her mind as she got up from the seat and searched for the three pieces of paper. Surely enough, she found all of them and brought them forward. Only now did she notice that the papers were of different colors: one midnight black, one emerald green and one icy cold blue. Regardless of their colors though all of them had few words on the printed with golden letters.

"The Midnight Hour" read the girl the first one "The Shattering Illusion".... and "Web of Lies". Interesting and mysterious names for sure."
She looked at Eias.
"Well nothing surprising here, Ca-Elumian people liking fancy stuff. Still... I have to guess there is a lot of complexity to these trials."
She threw herself on the bed after finishing her tea.
"Sometimes I just wish things would go easier on us..."

As Eias finished her small worry moment, she got up from the bed and made her way for the tea. Though her movement was sluggish, it was quick enough since she was fairly thirsty. As she pour the liquid she lost herself in the aroma. Nothing beat a nice cup of tea in the morning. she watched as Aeris brought out the letters that she had and spoke of the names they needed to decipher.
"Oh right, we need to do that.. Any idea where to start? Maybe the shattering illusion one would be a nice start to the day." She said as she took another waft of fumes from the tea.

Aeris blinked at the papers as they seemingly... shone in the incoming sunlight. Suddenly, when Eias mentioned which one she would prefer the piece of paper almost seemed to come to life, its body emanating with a strange, golden light which enveloped the entire thing for a brief duration. Averting her eyes from the brilliant - and blinding - light, Aeris had to clear her vision to see what exactly happened. Now, below the description a new golden text was visible, still gleaming with the light which illuminated it.
"The truth shall be revealed by one of noble heritage..." Aeris read it out loud in a surprised tone "Well... it seems these papers have some sort of sentient magic tied to them or something. It seemed to react to your voice, Eias. You even woo papers now, I am amazed!" she added a light-herated joke to it.

The door on the other side of the room opened, a very sleepy - and seemingly exhausted - Eon stumbling out from her room. Her hair was well groomed and she already donned her elegant gear but it was evident that she was not at the peak of her powers. Mustering a weak smile-ish expression on her face she walked over to the duo, sitting down next to Eias.
"Good morning." she said in a rather... girly voice, sounding younger than usual. She was not really phased from it despite Aeris being a bit surprised and continued "Any schedule for the plans of today?"
"Well Eias literally uncovered that we need to visit a noble of high standing to discover what the first challenge will be. So that is the first point in our agenda..."
She paused, staring at Eon. Something was... a bit strange about the docile nature of the girl.
"Unless you have something needed to be done?"
"Nothing on my part." the spirit shook her head and inched a bit closer to Eias, feeling the happy warmth emanating from the Muse which welcomed her "If Eias is fine with it I do not mind proceeding with your plan."
Aeris blinked once more. Eon was way more... natural than usually.

Eias shielded her eyes for a moment as the letter lit up in golden light. Had she known it was connected to her voice, she would have enjoyed a quicker warning. Still, once their eyes adjusted, she could see now the letters that were newly formed. Crossing her arms together, she wondered what exactly it meant. As she donned on it for a moment, she only slightly heard Aeris' attempt to flirt. A coy smile came to Eias' face as she made eye contact with her for the slight moment.

Once the small spirit came out, Eias looked down at her.
"good morning, Eon. I hope you slept well." She started to stare off into the distance as she thought of the letter. Not noticing the conversation at hand, she wondered who it was talking about. There could be any number of nobles here but the one that came to mind was Nil.
"Hmmm, I suppose Nil may be a good first choice. Probably the most noblest of nobles I have come across. If there really isn't anything going on for you, then that could be our first plan of action."

Aeris shook her head to get out of her phased, dizzied state. This was no time to worry about her spirit nor was it time to actually be complacent. Eias was right, if they could contact Nil then she would certainly be a great ally.
"Well she said that she is often found in the Royal Gardens where we have spent the days yesterday." she said, looking at the two of them "It would be the most logical decision to search for her there."
Eon nodded.
"Certainly." she said, looking at Eias "I think we may be able to get further directions from her! Or perhaps some aid too!"
"She may already be considerate enough to help us, Eon. No need to ask any more favors from her."
The spirit looked at Aeris but ultimately nodded. She was right.
"Well then, I presume it is time for us to depart."
Aeris nodded, offering her hand to Eias.
"Well then, my lady... lead us to the royal gardens in search for our noble friend!" she said, smiling.

She put her hands on her hips in a triumphant stance. With some direction, they all seemed to be filled with eagerness.
"It would be nice if she did aid but I will leave that up to her. I am sure she has a lot on her plate." She announced with courtesy in her voice. As she viewed the other two, she downed the last of her tea. She still felt fairly tired but she had the energy to go about the day.
"well, if that is the case, the lets head out." She said as she turned to the door and held it for the two.

It was a brisk walk to the gardens as she felt there was so little time in the day. It didn't seem like much was on their plate but it would surly add up. She placed her hands on the gate and pushed it open, leading them to where they first encountered Nil. Near the fountain.
"I forget, was it the fountain or the forest she asked us to look for her at?"

Aeris nodded as the resolute words of Eias left her mouth. She was glad that she seemed to be in a good mood even though her eyes were glinting, showing some sign of weariness. Still, it could not be helped, she argued: the way how this mission went, the situations and the stress (not to mention the clothes) were slowly getting to both of them and she was proud to know that despite these odds they both pushed on uninhibited. With Eon walking alongside the little team they steadily approached the gardens as before.

Walking in the early sunlight they were mostly alone in the beautiful gardens. The birds were chirping and a wide array of colors were reflected from the kaleidoscope-like leaves of trees. The beautiful sight was something amazing to behold - yet they had no time to admire it. The tempo Eias dictated was both vindicated and necessary should they wished to finish everything they had planned today. As they reached the fountain Aeris turned to Eias.
"I think she said that she would be around here if she was out here." she said, nodding to herself.
Eon looked around but could not see anyone at first - until she strained her eyes.
"Aeris! Eias! Look!" she exclaimed, pointing at a figure in the distance, approaching.

The figure was slender and unmistakably noble due to the walking pattern it walked with. However, even as it approached it seemed to lack the pompous, puffy clothes usual nobles wore, the small, elegant silken fabric the woman wore was floating in the morning breeze like a veil before the bride's face. A curious, yet friendly face now smiled at them.
"I dared not to hope such an early reunion, my ladies, but my heart is happy nonetheless at your presence." the lady Nil walked up to them, her graceful figure almost floating in the air. If anything, she looked rather... pale, her steps were a bit more shaky than before. It was as if they had seen a ghost or something.
"Lady Nil." Aeris bowed "It is good to see you again, even if..."
"If?" the girl smiled, it still retaining the warmth of her welcoming grace.
"If it is under circumstances I see are not too favorable for you." Aeris finished the sentence diplomatically "You look..."
"Feeble?" the girl finished, Aeris nodded "I never intended anyone to see me like this. There is a reason why I come out here out early and that is because I can be free of burdens... and my restrictive attire too. Fate indeed seemed to jest with us to guide you here at such an early hour to unveil this charade."
She mused a little while and turned to Eias.
"But enough about my constitution. If you seek my presence that means that you seek knowledge - something I hope I can provide. How may I help you, esteemed nobles?"

Eias looked around when she heard Aeris speak up. If they would see her here, then she couldn't be too far away. She was probably lurking in the bushes. Still, there was no one in sight. At least, not till Eon pointed out a silhouette of a woman approaching them. She seemed weak and pained as she walked closer to them. It made her feel a little uncomfortable. Like they may end up like her if they weren't careful.
"It is good to see you though. I hope you feel well enough. Our need for knowledge is great today. As you probably know, the chess game is coming up and we need to seek answers of what is to come. What trials we will face and such. At our disposal were three letters. Each giving a small clue to whom we can talk to. We opened one that reminded me a lot of you so here we are. If there is anything you can tell us, we would greatly appreciate the help." She wanted to make it brief for her. She could tell the woman wasn't up at full strength so she didn't want to intrude upon her life at the moment.

Nil's eyes lit up in excitement as Eias talked to her about the trials. It felt like life returning to her as the smile widened and she gently clasped her hands together as she looked at the trio.
"Oh, I am most humbled. And also honored." she said, nodding "Certainly you have come to the right person if you wish to unveil one of the secret trials. I had the fortune to know about a lot of them so I have them memorized."
Aeris raised her eyebrow.
"A lot of them?"
"There are at least hundreds of trials, Lord Aaron." the girl spoke calmly, in a reserved tone "It was my duty to learn most of them to be a keeper of knowledge. And now it seems this shall be put to the test! I am excited!"

She gently put her hand on her hips, a peeping sound leaving her as she turned to the girls.
"I believe it would be the best if I invited you all to my humble abode. Not only would we stay there in secrecy but I would also be able to dress up properly. Now, my ladies, please follow me."
She turned around and began the same trot the girls did when they approached the fountain to begin with. Aeris was still worried about the pale look of Nil as she could not let this slide past so easily.
"My Lady... we appreciate your help but do you truly feel all right? You look... exhausted."
Nil chuckled.
"You remember Luu saying that my body can not endure much, right? Well, she was correct." she nodded "I had a pretty fragile constitution from the very start of my existence, I always needed something to keep me patched up. The clothes gifted to me by the Duchess have this wonderful healing property which transforms pain into actual life giving energies. I usually need to wear them all day long to... remain beautiful and healthy."
Aeris didn't really like the sound of that. Kuuna had the same plight yet her own creation did not make herself wither. She even managed to stay free of her attire for weeks it appeared yet Nil looked way paler just one day afterwards. She however didn't have time to ponder on this as their guide raised her voice.
"Ah, here we are already! We were really fast indeed."

Arriving to Nil's house was nothing extraordinary. Aeris did not notice it at first mostly due to how similar the abode of the noble lady's was to the other houses in the vicinity. It was evident that Nil did not seek attention, nor did she crave to be recognized by everyone around them with the voracity as the other nobles did. She merely wanted to live and endure, to chase dreams and fulfill her aspirations. That was something Aeris could respect wholeheartedly.
As they entered she noticed the elegance and simplicity melding together in a perfect unison. The home of the noble lady seemed unique, comfortable and imposing at the same time. Various paintings, portraits, vases and even tapestries assured guests to be filled with awe, the ornamented tables, chairs and other commodities assuring everyone that they have entered the house of a highly esteemed person. Nil unceremoniously walked past all these wonderful objects, offering a place for her guests in the living room.
"Thank you for coming, my friends." she said with a weak smile, coughing just a bit afterwards "Please do take a seat and enjoy the serenity. I shall... grab a proper attire and join you momentarily. Some refreshment shall be prepared shortly by the automated system in the kitchen and should you desire just clap your hands and music that is most to your liking will start to play. Now please excuse me."
Nil departed, walking briskly forward to one of the more elegant rooms to dress up for the occasion. Aeris found the invitation and the whole house very inviting but she still worried about their host's health. Carefully, she sat down, Eon following suite. The chairs and the sofa were incredibly comfortable, almost feeling like sitting on clouds.
"Lady Nil seems to be rather busy." Aeris mused "I am uncertain why she is pushing herself to the limits but she looks very... agitated without her clothes. Not even Kuuna had it so rough... I am a bit uneasy about this."

Hearing there were hundreds of trials made Eias gulp hard. Just what kind of game had so many possibilities to throw at them. She just hopped there wouldn't be a lot to remember during the whole game. Her thoughts scrambled as Nil's visage was dwindling this morning. She did look rather sickly and tired. Even though she was apparently like this from the very beginning, the clothing must not help much. Sure, pain for health, but after a while the pain builds up. It would be only a matter of time before she couldn't take the strain any more. She went to open her mouth but when she did, they found themselves at the house. Losing take of what she was going to say, she simply shuffled into the house.

The inside looked like any noble house. Paintings, vases, other noble items. Yet, it seemed simple enough. Nothing that would make her seem over the top and snooty. She was offered the seat and so she sat down. As Nil left them to their own time, Eias did a quick look around one last time.
"I know... I do hope she is okay. The clothing can only help for so long... I wish I knew of a way to help her. Especially since she is helping us." She put her hands to her face in a fit of exhaustion.
"So many people to help but I don't have the means to do it... I wish it would all just work out for the people I know. So that they can live their lives to the fullest. Is that so much to ask for?"

Aeris nodded slowly as her friend talked about the woes she had on her mind.
"I guess this is a life lesson for us all." she said with a weary sigh "There are many people in need but only few can we actually help. As much as I want to do everything myself too it is... just too taxing, too daunting. We can only do so much to change the world to the better, it really needs the cooperation of others for us to succeed."
She stared at the elegant table just a bit in front of them, pondering on the future.
"Perhaps one day we will be able to help everyone somehow..." she murmured "But for now we need to focus on the tasks ahead."

"Thank you for your patience." the chiming, happy voice of Nil sounded behind them, causing Aeris to look behind herself. To her surprise the figure approaching them bore almost no resemblance of the Nil they had seen in the morning. The skin and eyes full of life, the elegant noble strode towards them with confidence and elegance unmatched. Her attire changed to a rather tight looking corset and some normal looking noble outfit. It appeared that her wear did make her healthier for whatever price she had to pay in the future for it.
"I will serve the drinks momentarily. In the meantime you may start asking me things already if you wish."
Feeling guilty that she would not ask about her health Aeris still mustered up her courage to talk, staring at the noble pouring the refreshing beverages for them.
"I... am uncertain how to approach it honestly. You mentioned hundreds of trials at the Chess Game. Is that true?"
Nil nodded.
"I did indeed. There are an incredible amount of possible trials at each game. However, only three is chosen each time." she headed to her guests, placing down a plate of four cups of a mysterious, serenity emitting drink, picking up one for herself, smelling it and then taking a gulp with a smile.
"No need to worry, you will only face three - however, that does not mean they will be easy."

She looked at Aeris and Eias, glancing sometimes to Eon who just watched in silence.
"I presume that whoever had briefed you on the details of the game had mentioned this but I have the feeling to emphasize it before delving into any details: ALL three trials will have an effect on your progression and all trials shall linger with you for the rest of the game, regardless of your position. You may be caught unaware at the activation of the lingering effects but you need to stay vigilant - and plan ahead."
Aeris nodded.
"Is there a preferred path?"
"There isn't really. Every team handles things differently, everyone must know their own limits before deciding the course on the fly. This is why it is important for you to know WHAT kind of trials you will face, to plan ahead appropriately. Based on the stories I heard from Luu your cooperation is admirable - but still, perfect harmony is what you must achieve to succeed. Unison if you will. Helping each other is more important than you might imagine, you must make up for the weakness of the other."

Eias gave a melancholy smile when Aeris spoke to her. It wasn't what she wanted to hear but it was what she needed to. After all, she wouldn't be able to help anyone if they didn't pass this game.
"I understand... thank you for your wisdom." She said still in a gloom.

It wasn't till Nil came back out that her mind threw problems out the window. Seeing how vibrant she became was both fascinating and frightening. Eias came at a loss of words for the time being. She simply took a cup for herself but didn't drink from it. She just did her best to focus on the information.

As the cup began to heat up her hands, she took a deep breath. Hearing about all this wasn't exactly what she expected to hear.
"By chance... would you know the line up for these trials? Maybe a theme for the game or who decides these things... I'm not sure what I should be asking to be quite honest. Everything seems to be going so fast yet I'm stuck with a slow mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back