• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

weatheringwings

• EXPERIMENTS 26

♡design by hekaton, coded by uxie♡

MOBILE FRIENDLY
You've been dealing with this new life for months... no, wait... how long has it been? You squint your eyes in the harsh light that steadily beats down on you from a lamp, of some kind. Around the table are not people, not humans in stark white lab coats, but creatures you have never seen before. Monsters? Demons? Aliens? All you can really feel and understand is that you're incapacitated, you cannot move. You don't know where you are, you haven't had a lick of sense since it was taken away the moment you arrived. You just remember rooms and glimmers of memories that tested your resolve, stability, your body. You can't even see the beings around you clearly, just blurry shapes and silhouettes muttering in murmurs and clicks, a language you couldn't dream to understand.

The lamp light dims in comparison to another source, something that was much smaller yet more vibrant, toxic, and green. Your vision still swam, but as a humming and warm glowing sphere was pressing against your lips you begin to panic. In the end, despite you're fight and struggling, the object is forced down your throat. However you are after the fact, it can be felt, sitting in your chest, or perhaps your stomach? The chattering raises in volume and pitch, as if excitement is being expressed. The form inside dissolves, and you exhaust yourself to sleep.

Hello! This roleplay centers around experiments, whose origin comes from being abducted humans. How they were changed is up to you, you may base it off an existing supernatural creature, or a brew of other mutations and weaknesses. While all will be different, they will all share a place in the setting of this mysterious lab, surviving, and trying to understand the strange phenomena that this magical drug has begun inciting. 26 experiments are presented to each other to socialize and interact; after having awakened from taking the strange orb. Unbeknownst to our characters, it's intended to link them together as pairs- you can call it soulmates if you want. The reason for this, like many questions you and your character may have, is unknown, but it's for you to find out.

RULES
COMMON SENSE - everyone's capable
When I joined I was asked to read the rules, meaning everyone on RPN was too. I'm sure you see where this is self-explanatory

LIMITS - there's always some
You're characters are intended to be different from one another, there may be some overlap in ability (Ex. turning into something big), but while I support creativity I will ask, say, not to have two dragon (like) experiments. This does mean this is a little bit first come first serve, HOWEVER, you will only have an idea/creature reserved if you give me the idea, not, "a siren," please tell me how you plane to build this "siren." If you have any questions on this, please ask me! At this time, there will be a limit of 2 characters per player; and if this does not rack up enough interest, you may be able to make more.

EXPECTATIONS - writing and more
I ask you write around 400-500 words, no one liners here and always strive for good grammar. While I have made it clear I have a plot/some surprises for you and your characters to unravel, if they can, this is to be fun and is open to expressing ideas and collaboration. Please don't be afraid to share your genius with us and creativity. A post from each character once a week is all I ask, I don't like time constraints but if you cannot keep to this I ask you not to join. I also caution that the themes of this thread are horrific and mature in nature.

At present I would like to see if this catches enough of people's interest before providing character sheets. Again, please feel free to ask me any questions and express you interest. I have gone ahead and made a discord Join the EXPERIMENTS 26 Discord Server!

Last edited:
This seems super cool and I'd love to join! Since you asked, personally I think Discord is awesome for plotting and OOC.

Mobile Friendly version of the interest check
You've been dealing with this new life for months... no, wait... how long has it been? You squint your eyes in the harsh light that steadily beats down on you from a lamp, of some kind. Around the table are not people, not humans in stark white lab coats, but creatures you have never seen before. Monsters? Demons? Aliens? All you can really feel and understand is that you're incapacitated, you cannot move. You don't know where you are, you haven't had a lick of sense since it was taken away the moment you arrived. You just remember rooms and glimmers of memories that tested your resolve, stability, your body. You can't even see the beings around you clearly, just blurry shapes and silhouettes muttering in murmurs and clicks, a language you couldn't dream to understand.

The lamp light dims in comparison to another source, something that was much smaller yet more vibrant, toxic, and green. Your vision still swam, but as a humming and warm glowing sphere was pressing against your lips you begin to panic. In the end, despite you're fight and struggling, the object is forced down your throat. However you are after the fact, it can be felt, sitting in your chest, or perhaps your stomach? The chattering raises in volume and pitch, as if excitement is being expressed. The form inside dissolves, and you exhaust yourself to sleep.

Hello! This roleplay centers around experiments, whose origin comes from being abducted humans. How they were changed is up to you, you may base it off an existing supernatural creature, or a brew of other mutations and weaknesses. While all will be different, they will all share a place in the setting of this mysterious lab, surviving, and trying to understand the strange phenomena that this magical drug has begun inciting. 26 experiments are presented to each other to socialize and interact; after having awakened from taking the strange orb. Unbeknownst to our characters, it's intended to link them together as pairs- you can call it soulmates if you want. The reason for this, like many questions you and your character may have, is unknown, but it's for you to find out.

RULES
COMMON SENSE - everyone's capable
When I joined I was asked to read the rules, meaning everyone on RPN was too. I'm sure you see where this is self-explanatory

LIMITS - there's always some
You're characters are intended to be different from one another, there may be some overlap in ability (Ex. turning into something big), but while I support creativity I will ask, say, not to have two dragon (like) experiments. This does mean this is a little bit first come first serve, HOWEVER, you will only have an idea/creature reserved if you give me the idea, not, "a siren," please tell me how you plane to build this "siren." If you have any questions on this, please ask me! At this time, there will be a limit of 2 characters per player; and if this does not rack up enough interest, you may be able to make more.

EXPECTATIONS - writing and more
I ask you write around 400-500 words, no one liners here and always strive for good grammar. While I have made it clear I have a plot/some surprises for you and your characters to unravel, if they can, this is to be fun and is open to expressing ideas and collaboration. Please don't be afraid to share your genius with us and creativity. A post from each character once a week is all I ask, I don't like time constraints but if you cannot keep to this I ask you not to join. I also caution that the themes of this thread are horrific and mature in nature.

At present I would like to see if this catches enough of people's interest before providing character sheets. Again, please feel free to ask me any questions and express you interest. I have gone ahead and made a discord Join the EXPERIMENTS 26 Discord Server!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back