• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence - To Kill A Primordial - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I should be done by this weekend. Just got two more merits to pick.

And a question for Random Word Random Word . Do you have any details planned for your Lunar Ally, or are you leaving that for me to determine?
I am flexible here. If it would be fun for you, or if you have a different suggestion for an Ally you think would be great for the campaign, let me know. If you'd rather I come up with something because it sounds like more work than fun, I can do that. I like my character concept to be as tightly tied to the world and story as possible, and letting the storyteller come up with things like Allies often facilitates that, but I'm not trying to create additional work for you.

Heya. Another question for our Storyteller, or anyone else who might be able to provide insights.

One idea I had for Prince was a Secondary Contacts Merit to represent ghosts from Mitrem who'd been absorbed into the Deliverer's spy network, but still retained a degree of higher loyalty towards the Prince. Seeing as we're going to be travelling to Autochthon though, would such a Merit see much use, or is it too unlikely that ghosts would be able to gather much information from there?

Edit: Something I just thought of was whether I could have these ghosts represented by the Followers Merit instead.

Either Followers or Contacts could be used. Depending on how you proceed, you might be moving into Autochthon sooner rather than later, and it is possible that you can set up Followers from there, either as newly dead ghosts or as a cult following you.

I am flexible here. If it would be fun for you, or if you have a different suggestion for an Ally you think would be great for the campaign, let me know. If you'd rather I come up with something because it sounds like more work than fun, I can do that. I like my character concept to be as tightly tied to the world and story as possible, and letting the storyteller come up with things like Allies often facilitates that, but I'm not trying to create additional work for you.
I have some ideas, and I'll work on it in the next few days.

I am having a very difficult time in thinking of a character for this. Could you all give me some ideas or suggestions for a character that would complement who we have so far?

I am having a very difficult time in thinking of a character for this. Could you all give me some ideas or suggestions for a character that would complement who we have so far?
We don't have a Daybreak or a Moonshadow Caste, if that helps.

We have Unsubtle Murder, Subtle Murder, and Cult Leader. So far we're all at least a little sneaky and a little social, which is to be expected. E3 Essence characters are just going to be good at a few different things. I think you're going to have some overlap no matter what, but we could have an Ambassador, a Necrosurgeon, a ghostly Merchant Prince, an arch-Necromancer, an unholy Artificer... but these are very broad archetypes. You could easily find a way to fit another Unsubtle Murder character in and have them be a completely different character from Voice That Cries From The Heart of Darkness. They could be another Dusk, or a Liminal like you proposed earlier. You can easily have a fun Dusk/Dusk rivalry for kill count going. You could make an Abyssal martial arts master training an army of wandering ghost monks bringing justice to the Underworld. You could be the Deliverer's ambassador to Stygia, who always has just the right favour to call in from the lords of the Underworld to get anything we need. You could start with Void Circle Necromancy with the Necromantic equivalent of the Mantle of Brigid, or limit yourself to summoning the Hecatonchire and dead Behemoth equivalents of Third Circle Demons with a Necromantic Emerald Thurible. Or go really wacky and take Solar Circle Sorcery on an Abyssal 😆 See how Autochthon feels about someone bringing Ligier into his body.

If you'd like to really open up your options, you could even potentially be my character's Lunar bondmate 😆

You can always tie your story in with the backstory for any of the other characters as well. I always prefer it if my character has a reason to feel strongly about at least one other PC (positively or negatively), so I'm happy to rewrite things to accommodate other ideas.

I was originally planning on either an eagle totem or a tiger/cat totem for the Lunar Ally, but if Eonivar Eonivar wants, you can certainly take on the role of Lunar Bondmate.

I was originally planning on either an eagle totem or a tiger/cat totem for the Lunar Ally, but if Eonivar Eonivar wants, you can certainly take on the role of Lunar Bondmate.

Random Word Random Word Psychie Psychie This sounds like a really fun and intriguing concept and idea and I think I may go this route. I need to read up on the Lunars a bit as well as Random Word's character.

Thank, all of you, for suggesting some wonderful ideas!

I did once consider making a Soulsteel Alchemical PC for this game - Soulsteel to keep with the whole Deathlord aesthetic - but by then I'd already worked out the vast majority of detail for the Prince.

I aim to start the game Saturday afternoon/evening, depending on my day. Eonivar Eonivar we'll say that your character is currently running an errand for the Deliverer and once you're ready you can jump in.

Psychie Psychie how much Summoning/Necromantic Working/Spellcasting can we have done in our illustrious careers? I want a cool Nephwrack or dead Behemoth.

If we have spells like
Shaping one arm into a spectral claw, you gesture
towards a nearby ghost, who is compelled to throw
themselves upon your talons. Grasping their pale pink
heart, you crush it into a black diamond.
Spend 3 Will. This spell targets a nontrivial
ghost the necromancer has bound through a summoning, and they cannot resist. This spell instantly
dissipates the ghost (who may reform normally and
is still bound to you) and grants the Hearthstone
Merit (secondary normally, primary for heroic or
significant ghosts) of Abyssal aspect. This stone confers a base power determined by the nature of the
wounded ghost but does not confer Evocations. The
necromancer may only have one hearthstone from
this spell active at a time.
can we assume we've already had opportunity to cast them on suitable targets to get the Primary Hearthstone?

If we have a Charm like League of Iron Preparation can we assume we've already trained a battlegroup to the extent the Charm permits?

What do you think of this Artifact:
Primary: Artifact -
A paired set of Moonsilver and Soulsteel tattoos that drink darkness and shine eerily in moonlight, an ever-shifting koan to the inevitability of Oblivion in the blasphemous script of the Neverborn.

The adorned always treat each other as Linked. Linked characters share the benefits of each others' Ties of Hatred, and benefit from Ties of Fear others have towards Linked characters.

By committing one mote for the scene they may allow the inky darkness of the Black Nadir Sutra to leak out onto the ground around them to form a mandala of shadow. The script of this mandala may reach out to Short Range, extending to Medium and then Long range at Essence 3 and 5, respectively. If the Adorned are touching when the mandala is created, it may extend one range band further than usual. The mandala can peel off the ground to manipulate objects, slip through any gap a liquid can pass through, and if an adorned closes their eyes and concentrates, they can project their senses through the mandala, seeing the world in stark black and white where things in shadow are clear and those illuminated are hidden. Willing characters within the mandala may become Linked.

Commit an additional mote for the scene when extending the mandala. The Adorned may declare any number of targets, willing or not, within the mandala become Enlightened. Enlightened characters suffer a -2 penalty to their Resolve against attempts to instill ties of fear or hatred. Linked characters can leverage ties of hatred towards Enlightened characters to convert damage dice into successes, and leverage Enlightened characters' ties of fear towards them to reduce Enlightened character's Soak.

Ok just an update, I finally have a character concept and backstory ready for my Lunar, I am in the difficult process of choosing Charms...its challenging deciding between the Ability based charms and the shapechanging charms and only having 13 options. They will be a Changing Moon Caste and have a focus in face type abilities (performance and presence) as well as an unexpected brutal close combat abilities with their shapechanging. Their name in the present will be Adame, a feminine Hebrew name meaning "Bloody Red". I am thinking their spirit form will be some sort of Raven at this point given their Caste.

I am trying to take the approach of avoiding any artifacts...and looking at Merits for Influence, Contacts, and Resources.

Still working through it, life has been very busy and I am struggling to maintain on all the RPs I am in presently. Now I am just trying to figure out which charms will work the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back