• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence - To Kill A Primordial - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I am going to have everyone start out at Essence 2 from the book.

ESSENCE 3
Motes: 10
Attributes: Assign one 5, one 4, and one 3
Abilities: Assign two 5s, two 4s, four 3s, one 2
Charms: 13 Charms
Merits: Pick a primary, two secondary, and one tertiary Merit.

The original game was set around the idea of an all Abyssal party, but with the addition of the Liminals, they are valid for character selection too. If you really want to pull in another kind of Exalted into this, we can discuss it. There has to be a really good reason for you to be the willing servant to a Deathlord if you are some other type of Exalt.

Last edited:
I am leaning towards a Daybreak Sorcerer/Necromancer at this point.

Kinda want to try out a Day Caste Assassin, if the Dusk and Necromancer roles have already been taken. Otherwise, depending on what exactly our Deathlord mistress is going to ask of us - and assuming that Eonivar Eonivar wants to go with the same character from the last game - another Dusk might not hurt.

Edit: Alternatively, there's the option of a Midnight Caste, seeing as the Midnight player of the previous game apparently isn't sticking around.

What's the theme here? Are our characters expected to be complete sadistic murderous monsters? Are we going for a horror theme? Should there be any nuance, remorse, redeeming qualities, or that 'deathly chivalry' stuff? Approximately how dark are we getting here with our evil campaign? Are we all expected to work together well, or mirror our masters in being backstabbing narcissists vying for the Deathlord's favour at all costs?

Kinda want to try out a Day Caste Assassin, if the Dusk and Necromancer roles have already been taken. Otherwise, depending on what exactly our Deathlord mistress is going to ask of us - and assuming that Eonivar Eonivar wants to go with the same character from the last game - another Dusk might not hurt.

Edit: Alternatively, there's the option of a Midnight Caste, seeing as the Midnight player of the previous game apparently isn't sticking around.
I am perfectly fine with you going with a Day Case Assassin. I could not find the best way to describe my Day Caste previously. So that is why I want to go back to Sorcery because I enjoy describing the magic and the rituals and such associated with it.

I am perfectly fine with you going with a Day Case Assassin. I could not find the best way to describe my Day Caste previously. So that is why I want to go back to Sorcery because I enjoy describing the magic and the rituals and such associated with it.
Ah, right. Yeah, I forgot you were switching things up here.

That being said I am happy to figure out another character if someone wants to play a daybreak sorcerer type.

What's the theme here? Are our characters expected to be complete sadistic murderous monsters? Are we going for a horror theme? Should there be any nuance, remorse, redeeming qualities, or that 'deathly chivalry' stuff? Approximately how dark are we getting here with our evil campaign? Are we all expected to work together well, or mirror our masters in being backstabbing narcissists vying for the Deathlord's favour at all costs?
The game is the Locust War invasion in reverse, with the party trying to find a way to spread the Great Contagion across the untouched span of humanity inside Autochthon. I would like you to play well with one another, but that doesn't mean you can't step on a few toes to get what you want as First Among Equals. You are all loyal Exalts of either the Deliverer of Dark Dreams and Nightmares or her ally, the Twisted Toymaker. Either Deathlord is a viable option for you to serve.

I am looking for some artifacts to equip my character with, but the selection in the Essence book is somewhat lacking. I'd like a good soulsteel daiklave and some soulsteel armor. Anyone have some good suggestions on what I could go with?

Also, I am wondering if we can still get the Liege Merit from the 2e Abyssals book?

I will allow the Liege Merit from that book, with it fitting into the 5-3-1 dot level for the Primary-Secondary-Tertiary levels of Essence.

As far as the soulsteel weapons and armor, are you looking for the Evocations, or just the stats? If it is the second, you don't have to pick a specific artifact, and can just use a generic weapon that has the stats you need.

I think Liege is Backing in Essence. And yeah, you're encouraged to just make up your own personal artifact, and look at Charms as a reference for power levels.

I would like you to play well with one another, but that doesn't mean you can't step on a few toes to get what you want as First Among Equals.
Got it. High functioning omnicidal monsters that can work well as a group.

jaydude jaydude did you settle on a role?

I have my character posted. Tell me what you guys think.

I wasn't sure, since the artifact merit could be at any of the three levels. I'll have to edit the sheet.

According to pg. 101 of the Corebook, the Tertiary Artifact Merit only allows you to take a Lesser Wonder.

I changed my Merits around so my sword is a higher level, and my armor is no longer artifact material.

If you have Primary or Secondary Backing from a Deathlord you can ask Psychie if you can borrow some artifact armour from their vault for your mission, unless you had a different request in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back