• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence - To Kill A Primordial - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Yes, Adame is ready for RP, I know their story and personality. I am going to tweak their Charms, add some Intimacies and write out more of their background...I am more of a writer than a master of this system.

I would like input on their Spirit Shape as I am undecided..interestigly their spirit shape will be of an underworld predator....so I am looking at either a Pyre Hawk, a Savanna Lion, or a Ghost Tiger.

Do note that Adame will be able to shift into all three forms, but I have to pick a Spirit Form.

I am having a severe case of analysis paralysis with making this character. Having to make his own armor and weapons is not helping.

So I would ask everyone's preference on Adame's spirit form: Pyre Hawk, Savanna Lion, or Ghost Tiger...or if you have some vision of something else I am open to that too.

I am also considering taking the Chimera Soul Expression charm that would combine the Pyre Hawk with one of the other two forms as their Spirit Form so they can fly but as I mentioned I am undecided.

So I would be open to your ideas here everyone.

Your totem generally has to be a mundane animal - it's not a spiritual totem, but your 'default' or 'natural' animal form. Lunars can only take the forms of mundane animals. I can write mechanics for your weapon and armour if you tell me broadly what their themes are or why they were made and by whom. Being able to fly in your war form can be great. You'll probably have lots of flying forms besides your totem form and war form, though.

It is called “Spirit Totem” in both Essence and in the Lunar 3rd Edition book, I was just using the term from the books.

The Pyre Hawk, Savanna Lion, and Ghost Tiger are all “mundane” animals native to the Underworld. You can find entries about them in the Underworld section of the 1st Edition Abyssals book in the section about the Underworld.

The reason Adame has one or a combination of these beasts as his Spirit Totem is that when he met Epiphany he had lost the memory of his original spirit form because of being in the Wyld for so very long and also because of the experimentation by the Sorcerers of Ysyr. So when he was taken to the Deliverer and “sanctified” to her, he took a predatory form native to the Underworld.

As for his armor and weapons. I want to make him one that fights with his forms weapons, tooth, claw, bite, or beak, and not a melee Weapon. I see his claws ripping through metal and stone. His Lunar shape charms plus taking Fists of Iron technique should give him that ability. So I am not sure if he needs to have a weapon or not.

Adame is built basically to be an animalistic hulk with claws.

I suppose if he does have to have a weapon, I imagine he has a combination smashfist and razor claw weapon, heavy moon silver gauntlets that shatter things with a punch or also shred with its claws that melds with whatever form he is in. I can see him doing some sort of earth attack where he strikes the ground in front of him to send a shockwave towards his enemies at a distance. I also can see him using the gauntlets to summon and redirect lightning. Just some thoughts and ideas.

For armor…something that is effective to warding attacks from other exalted. He is pretty much immune to any damage from extras and mundanes and once again binds to his forms.

I can see something related to his very long time spent in the Wyld, so there would be a serious Wyld theme to his armor.

Those are just some thoughts.

Okay, I defer to Psychie on the metaphysics of whether Underworld animals count as mundane for Lunar hearts blood 😆. I'm not very familiar with Underworld fauna, I assumed they were supernatural or themselves dead.

You could definitely have bracers or other jewelry that granted your natural attacks the bonuses of an Artifact weapon, or that gave you command of the earth or lightning. Do you want an Earth Bender aesthetic from Avatar, or you want the force of your blows to shape the earth directly?

I think all armour will help against Exalted foes, but it sounds like maybe you want more expensive effects for surviving very powerful attacks?

Eonivar Eonivar

I am going to say that while you can turn into creatures from the Underworld, your initial totem form has to be from Creation and not the Underworld.

As a Full Moon, you can go with such forms like a rhinoceros or elephant, or forms like a great cat such as a tiger or lion. A flying form like an eagle would be pretty cool.

Cool, I think Adame's Spirit Form/Totem Form whatever you want to call it will be a Giant Eagle.

Over the next few days, the two outlanders show signs of recovery from their illnesses and their harsh treatment at the hands of the Twisted Toymaker and his people. They are starting to look on Martyr with affection for her hard work in nursing then back to health.

Through the time spent with them, you are starting to learn more about them. They speak a strange dialect of Old Realm, but they are easy enough to understand once you get the hang of the accent. The man is named Aaron-26, and the woman is Kiley-4, and they tell you that before being drafted into the army, they were both factory workers laboring for the good of the people.

Once they are able to walk and stand for a time without getting too exhausted, the Dark Lady has given instructions that they are to be brought to her where she hopes to get some answers from them with her knights in attendance to hear for yourselves what these two strangers have to say.

Eonivar Eonivar

You have recently returned to Shaddar Logoth from a journey from Creation where you were sent to spy on an officer in the Lookshy military, and when the time is right, to kill him in secret and bring proof of your successful mission back to the Deliverer. She had given you specific instructions on how he was to die, a gruesome death that she hopes to lay the blame for on Mask of Winters.

As you start to unwind from your travels, you are able to learn that there are two strangers in the citadel, people from some foreign land that has been cut off from Creation for perhaps thousands of years, and these people have now suddenly come back to Creation and now they have an army that is advancing across the south and have captured several cities.

Right now, these two foreigners are recovering from a bout of the Great Contagion that they were exposed to, and the Dark Lady wants all of her Exalted present when she talks to them.
Can you tell me the net successes vs their Resolve? I need to spend those to buy effects.

That gives you eight successes over their Resolve.
Okay. Martyr will Instill a Minor Tie of Trust. This has to hang off one of their Virtues, so she'll spend 3 successes to Read Intentions their Major Virtues and probably hang it off of that if it's possible. She'll spend 4 more successes on a double Persuade to get them to open up about their culture and homeland when the Deliverer asks, without worrying about revealing too much.

You could definitely have bracers or other jewelry that granted your natural attacks the bonuses of an Artifact weapon, or that gave you command of the earth or lightning. Do you want an Earth Bender aesthetic from Avatar, or you want the force of your blows to shape the earth directly?

I think all armour will help against Exalted foes, but it sounds like maybe you want more expensive effects for surviving very powerful attacks?

For armor I am thinking of taking the Everyman Armor from 2nd edition, and armor that Adame can change the look of so not only they will shape change to whatever, they will change their clothing as well.

For Weapon...I am open to ideas, they are a hand to hand/claw fighter, I would like something that adds the artifact trait to their attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back