• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Indeed! I added a new MA Charm, and raised my Awareness to 4.

Alright, I've planned out my upcoming XP purchases well in advance, but I still have to save XP and DXP for a bit longer to snag the two core evocations I need to be helpful in combat.

As usual, the wishlist goes pretty far into the future. Tends to happen after a decent bit of window shopping.

On that note, I need to review Zakas for the other game soon. It's time I try and unwind the biggest difficulty with managing Abyssals... Cross-reference charms with Errata...

Sadly, that's what it says on page 156 of the Dragon-Blooded book. I wish it were only 8. Even just 10 like an unfavored charm would be nice. Oh well.

Sadly, that's what it says on page 156 of the Dragon-Blooded book. I wish it were only 8. Even just 10 like an unfavored charm would be nice. Oh well.
I must have thought exp cost were universal across Exaltations.

Oof. That's painful. Given my plans were to focus on evocations.

The guidelines say Evocations should be about as powerful as Solar Charms, so Solars pay the same price for Evocations and Charms. DB Charms, being less powerful than Solar Charms, are generally less powerful than Evocations so a tax is applied to Evocations to even things out.

Keep in mind, Dragon XP can be used to purchase Evocations as well. Unlike native charms. So it's not all downside.

Right now, I'm going to have to be content with an excellency, damage boosters (Withering and Decisive), and defense boosters (if I'm lucky to get enough XP by then), because if I get too fancy with it I'm going to burn up all my motes in three rounds. Sometimes less is more. We're going to be up against antagonists with an absurd throughput potential, but abusing that repeatedly will run them out of motes quickly. With the melee excellency discount, I'd be a fool not to take the path of endurance. Once the anima flux is in full swing anyway.

giphy.gif

Keep in mind, Dragon XP can be used to purchase Evocations as well. Unlike native charms. So it's not all downside.

Right now, I'm going to have to be content with an excellency, damage boosters (Withering and Decisive), and defense boosters (if I'm lucky to get enough XP by then), because if I get too fancy with it I'm going to burn up all my motes in three rounds. Sometimes less is more. We're going to be up against antagonists with an absurd throughput potential, but abusing that repeatedly will run them out of motes quickly. With the melee excellency discount, I'd be a fool not to take the path of endurance. Once the anima flux is in full swing anyway.

giphy.gif
Woo! Thank goodness, I can get the evocation then. Definitely makes getting the evocations a lot easier. Though only a few I can get before I need Essence 3.

b1a.gif

In the past, the Solars have had the best xp chart in the game, so any mixed Circle of Exalts will quickly find themselves falling behind the Solars in their xp.

It makes running those games kind of challenging, especially if they run for a while. 3E seems to have balanced things enough to where each splat has unique contributions, but any XP disparity over a long enough time can cause quite a bit of frustration.

jaydude jaydude given all the plans cropping up for later in the evening. Can you clarify the current time of day? I believe the party started at noon, and my perspective was that the debrief happened around 1:30 PM with the conference probably scheduled around 3 to 3:30. Am I close?

I'm also trying to make sure I'm not burning through all of Manato's motes yet.

jaydude jaydude given all the plans cropping up for later in the evening. Can you clarify the current time of day? I believe the party started at noon, and my perspective was that the debrief happened around 1:30 PM with the conference probably scheduled around 3 to 3:30. Am I close?

I'm afraid you're off the mark. I indicated back in this post that the gala had started to pick up around mid-evening - 8PM at the earliest - the implication being that the "gala story" was going to begin around that time. Though in fairness, the 3E Dragon-blooded book does indicate that Dynast galas tend to start early in the day; I likely wasn't aware of that back in November, though of course this isn't entirely a "conventional" gala to begin with.

If you want, I can do a little retcon so that the story begins a couple of hours earlier in the day - say at 6PM - in order for Manato to have time for the conference later in the evening. I've been writing the gala scenes with the assumption that not much time passed between the PCs' arrival and the talk with Kirito, or the talk and the events taking place right now. I think that at most, an hour has passed since the start of the story.

No that's fine. I was getting a suspicion that I was misunderstanding the time frame. Glad I cleared that up.

I went back to make sure I wasn't over doing it and by my count I'm down a total of 8 motes and 2 will. So no apparent problem there either.

It's not expected to arrive for a week.
That's a long time. I thought we had much less time than that.

Anyway! Going to have to check with Asuna and Kirito about how confident they are about the range of the anathema scouts. Taking it out could be good for familiarity, but it could also let the anathema forces know we have a warstrider before we surprise them with it.

Got a bit bogged down with work today, so I was at a bit of a loss for a response.

I figure at this point I might as well just prepare to move into the main event with the knowledge that the neighbors will need a little extra convincing about just how dangerous the status quo really is.

jaydude jaydude
There's a few layers to the shenanigans I had planned for the meeting. I can get it done in one post for the sake of not holding things up, but this may still take a bit.

Thanks. Yeah, I want to keep everyone involved in the game as much as possible, so if you can get everything done in one post, I don't mind if it takes some time for you to write it. And I'll likely have Al-Sakhawi, Mabuka and the others agree to whatever deal Manato is proposing, assuming it's one they can all benefit from.

I agree completely.

I'm still working on the post itself. This has turned out to be a longwinded monster and it's getting late in the day here. I don't want to go through all the trouble and end up boring folks cause I got tired and lazy. So I'll see if I can clean it up a bit after getting some rest. It will definitely be done tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back