• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Reference to an old British children's show called Thunderbirds. Video might have made it make more sense. The launch sequences for their machines always involved hatches in the ceiling that opened, pools sliding aside, false walls that became exit doors, etc. Since they were puppets, they had absurdly elaborate ways to get to their vehicles without walking, like hilariously long slides, or a system that took the couch from the living room and loaded it into the cockpit of the rocket.

I'm fairly certain watching Thunderbirds as a kid is at least half the reason I love Evangelion.

Oh yeah, I remember Thunderbirds. Had no idea that was the reason for all the slides and stuff though.

It's really hard to get marionettes to walk in an even vaguely believable way. Every scene is cut to have either vehicles, a hilariously convoluted means of conveyance, or it's shot from the waist up. Legs are hard.

Lol if we were gonna model things after Evangelion then we would switch out Chevelier for Kavara, the Walking Devil Tower.

Definitely my favourite warstrider in the book by far. These were my takes on custom Warstriders for a different campaign, and you can see the obvious influence I took from Kavara and Evangelion in the second one.

At some point I will ask you to make a choice between these three options. When that triggers is on you, might not be for ages. You can decide now or later.

1. Indomitable Fist of the Daystar

A heavily armoured white jade and orichalcum knight armed with the Light of Judgement, a heavy orichalcum and moonsilver lance, and the Warding Corona of Ignis Divine, an orichalcum and white jade shield. The lance is hollow, its outer casing composed of three radial segments lined with polished moonsilver, a cut diamond set at the centre against the hilt. The shield is a sunburst of white jade inlaid with orichalcum with an inset dish of polished orichalcum at its centre. Two delicate wings composed of tracery of thin orichalcum and starmetal filigree extend from its shoulders, and look to be retractable into armoured housings. A brilliant sunburst crown extends from the top of its head, its face sculpted from orichalcum in the likeness of the Unconquered Sun.

An aperture in the domed ceiling contains an immense sunstone projecting light onto a complex array of mirrors that redirect the light at all angles onto the delicate wings. The frescoes adorning the walls and ceiling extol the glory of the Unconquered Sun, the floor arranged as an amphitheatre for prayer. The Indomitable Fist of the Daystar stands resolute in its gantry, as if it paused in its tireless defence of Creation only moments ago.

Example Evocations:

• WITNESS THE DAWN
  • CATACLYSM DENYING REBUKE
  • BY FAITH RESTORED
  • LAMBENT BOLT OF ANNIHILATION
  • SHOULD THE SUN NOT RISE [CAPSTONE]
2. Behemoth Suppression System

A lithe and supple form of smooth black and green jade, armed with wickedly sharp claws and grinning moonsilver teeth. Its every angle speaks to its predatory nature, its aspect that of barely restrained violence and unimaginable capacity for destruction. Moonsilver eyes glitter in the dark recesses of its bestial visage. Its arms are splayed out to either side, bound by heavy black jade manacles to its support structure, legs pinned together beneath it, a final seal clasped tightly around its neck. Despite the self evident fact that the Behemoth Suppression System has been powered down and stored such that it couldn’t possibly move, you find yourself convinced that it watches you with rapt attention as you move through the hangar, and every time you look away you could swear its position has subtly changed.

A compound array of hexagonal mirrors arranged in a geodesic grid adorns the opposite wall, each reflecting a different impossible monstrosity menacing a world that defies understanding. You note that the reflective surfaces of your own panoply and adornment reflect similarly bizarre and maddening scenes. To the right of the BSS a rack contains an immense two handed blade of black and green jade with a moonsilver edge and two chakrams of similar construction. Their bladed edges seem to phase in and out of existence. The chamber is heavily reinforced, the doors metre thick plates of alloyed white jade emblazoned with red script. The facility looks designed not to keep intruders out, but to keep something in.

• TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF VILE IRRELEVANCIES [FEAST OF NIRAKARA]
  • SHINMAIC RECALIBRATION MATRIX [UNDERSTANDING OF NIRGUNA]
  • PRIMACY OF ANNIHILATION [MANIFEST WILL OF NISHKRIYA]
  • SHUCKING THE MORTAL COIL [INTRANSIGENCE OF ADVAITA IRAIVAN]
  • SUNDERING THE SHACKLES OF SUNDRAPRISHA [CAPSTONE]
3. Illimitable Soul of Salina

Sleek organic curves of orichalcum and blue jade with black jade trim form its body, its face a featureless plate of polished starmetal. It looks almost too delicate to support its weight, which perhaps explains why, despite being powered down, it hovers silently several metres above the floor of its hangar. A tabard of blue silk with gold characters hangs from its waist. A bridge of indigo light connects it with the gangway behind it. A ritual circle of starmetal and orichalcum is engraved into the floor beneath its feet, glowing softly. A constellation of viridian crystals crowns its head, hovering in slow orbit and emitting soft but pitch perfect tones. They pulse with flashes of light travelling along impossibly fine traceries of starmetal shot throughout.

Eight towering columns of crystal are arranged radially around it, strange characters, equations, and complex diagrams flashing through their depths in rapid succession. The essence pressure radiating off of the Illimitable Soul of Salina is palpable, even the subtle air currents of what ought to be a still chamber arranged in a complex three dimensional radial structure conducive to some inscrutable purpose. You can feel the essence tingling in the tips of your fingers, almost eager to leap forth and take its place in some grand design.

• INCOMPARABLE PATTERN WEAVING GENIUS
  • TRANSCENDENTAL ESSENCE INDUCTION
  • AUXILIARY LOOM MIGRATION
  • THEOLOGICAL DOMINANCE PLATFORM
  • APOTHEOSIS PROTOCOL [CAPSTONE]

Definitely my favourite warstrider in the book by far. These were my takes on custom Warstriders for a different campaign, and you can see the obvious influence I took from Kavara and Evangelion in the second one.

At some point I will ask you to make a choice between these three options. When that triggers is on you, might not be for ages. You can decide now or later.

1. Indomitable Fist of the Daystar

A heavily armoured white jade and orichalcum knight armed with the Light of Judgement, a heavy orichalcum and moonsilver lance, and the Warding Corona of Ignis Divine, an orichalcum and white jade shield. The lance is hollow, its outer casing composed of three radial segments lined with polished moonsilver, a cut diamond set at the centre against the hilt. The shield is a sunburst of white jade inlaid with orichalcum with an inset dish of polished orichalcum at its centre. Two delicate wings composed of tracery of thin orichalcum and starmetal filigree extend from its shoulders, and look to be retractable into armoured housings. A brilliant sunburst crown extends from the top of its head, its face sculpted from orichalcum in the likeness of the Unconquered Sun.

An aperture in the domed ceiling contains an immense sunstone projecting light onto a complex array of mirrors that redirect the light at all angles onto the delicate wings. The frescoes adorning the walls and ceiling extol the glory of the Unconquered Sun, the floor arranged as an amphitheatre for prayer. The Indomitable Fist of the Daystar stands resolute in its gantry, as if it paused in its tireless defence of Creation only moments ago.

Example Evocations:

• WITNESS THE DAWN
  • CATACLYSM DENYING REBUKE
  • BY FAITH RESTORED
  • LAMBENT BOLT OF ANNIHILATION
  • SHOULD THE SUN NOT RISE [CAPSTONE]
2. Behemoth Suppression System

A lithe and supple form of smooth black and green jade, armed with wickedly sharp claws and grinning moonsilver teeth. Its every angle speaks to its predatory nature, its aspect that of barely restrained violence and unimaginable capacity for destruction. Moonsilver eyes glitter in the dark recesses of its bestial visage. Its arms are splayed out to either side, bound by heavy black jade manacles to its support structure, legs pinned together beneath it, a final seal clasped tightly around its neck. Despite the self evident fact that the Behemoth Suppression System has been powered down and stored such that it couldn’t possibly move, you find yourself convinced that it watches you with rapt attention as you move through the hangar, and every time you look away you could swear its position has subtly changed.

A compound array of hexagonal mirrors arranged in a geodesic grid adorns the opposite wall, each reflecting a different impossible monstrosity menacing a world that defies understanding. You note that the reflective surfaces of your own panoply and adornment reflect similarly bizarre and maddening scenes. To the right of the BSS a rack contains an immense two handed blade of black and green jade with a moonsilver edge and two chakrams of similar construction. Their bladed edges seem to phase in and out of existence. The chamber is heavily reinforced, the doors metre thick plates of alloyed white jade emblazoned with red script. The facility looks designed not to keep intruders out, but to keep something in.

• TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF VILE IRRELEVANCIES [FEAST OF NIRAKARA]
  • SHINMAIC RECALIBRATION MATRIX [UNDERSTANDING OF NIRGUNA]
  • PRIMACY OF ANNIHILATION [MANIFEST WILL OF NISHKRIYA]
  • SHUCKING THE MORTAL COIL [INTRANSIGENCE OF ADVAITA IRAIVAN]
  • SUNDERING THE SHACKLES OF SUNDRAPRISHA [CAPSTONE]
3. Illimitable Soul of Salina

Sleek organic curves of orichalcum and blue jade with black jade trim form its body, its face a featureless plate of polished starmetal. It looks almost too delicate to support its weight, which perhaps explains why, despite being powered down, it hovers silently several metres above the floor of its hangar. A tabard of blue silk with gold characters hangs from its waist. A bridge of indigo light connects it with the gangway behind it. A ritual circle of starmetal and orichalcum is engraved into the floor beneath its feet, glowing softly. A constellation of viridian crystals crowns its head, hovering in slow orbit and emitting soft but pitch perfect tones. They pulse with flashes of light travelling along impossibly fine traceries of starmetal shot throughout.

Eight towering columns of crystal are arranged radially around it, strange characters, equations, and complex diagrams flashing through their depths in rapid succession. The essence pressure radiating off of the Illimitable Soul of Salina is palpable, even the subtle air currents of what ought to be a still chamber arranged in a complex three dimensional radial structure conducive to some inscrutable purpose. You can feel the essence tingling in the tips of your fingers, almost eager to leap forth and take its place in some grand design.

• INCOMPARABLE PATTERN WEAVING GENIUS
  • TRANSCENDENTAL ESSENCE INDUCTION
  • AUXILIARY LOOM MIGRATION
  • THEOLOGICAL DOMINANCE PLATFORM
  • APOTHEOSIS PROTOCOL [CAPSTONE]
Those are so cool, especially the BSS. Lol I hope to have chances to play with warstriders again in the future, been really liking it here. And ones like Kavara or BSS have some serious fun potential for incorporating more deeply with a character.

Also! I love how Asuna understands how much of a nerd Fel is.

Lol I hope to have chances to play with warstriders again in the future, been really liking it here.
Funny you should mention that... many of the ideas I've had rolling around for campaigns were Dreams of the First Age driven, but I don't know if I should afflict this group with the pitch of another 2E game.

Even with the glorious stupidity of what high essence play was, losing evocations, flexible sorcery, cohesive Lunars, and playable Dragon-Blooded leaves a bad taste.

In the meantime, I'm having to look into what could be assembled to make a warstrider focused game challenging without being overly repetitive.

Funny you should mention that... many of the ideas I've had rolling around for campaigns were Dreams of the First Age driven, but I don't know if I should afflict this group with the pitch of another 2E game.

Even with the glorious stupidity of what high essence play was, losing evocations, flexible sorcery, cohesive Lunars, and playable Dragon-Blooded leaves a bad taste.

In the meantime, I'm having to look into what could be assembled to make a warstrider focused game challenging without being overly repetitive.
I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to tale a few things from 2e and adapt them over.

Though if you want challenging. Here are a few ideas that could be played on that would be tough for warstriders.

1. Scarlet Empress returns with a vengeance, and with her the support of the Ebon Dragon. Third Circle Demons could pose quite a challenge. And Infernals running around in warstriders of their own would be quite the spectacle. Less doable in 3e as no write up for them yet.

2. With the crumbling empire, the Abyssals have decided to make their move on a massive scale. Fighting necrotech hulks and subsequent death based warstrider would be made even more of a challenge as we are trying to protect creation despite the Realm still thinking we are the bad guys. A bit easier for 3e, since Abyssals can just be modeled after Solars.

3. An invasion of the Fae and creatures of the wyld. Definitely more of a 2e game. The peculiarities brought on by the wyld could render many things a challenge.

4. Behemoths have awoken anew. Having mythic enough scale that even that a team of warstriders would have difficulty is one thing, but add to it further complications of having to track them across creation and in situations and terrains our warstriders may be unprepared to handle would make things even harder. Rather than relying on power, we would have to go Monster Hunter on them and strategize and plan. And rely on the traits of our warstriders more than just combat capabilities. This could lead to a revolving door of which member of the circle takes point based on their specialities. A single behemoth could take many scenes and battles to finally kill it as we weaken it and lead it to where we can finish it off for good. To top things off, there is a time constraint, the longer the behemoths roam, the more damage to creation and the less allies and resources we have to work with.

One of things I do see for a warstrider based campaign would be the chance to have a real exploration of Crafting and should the enemy be so difficult it requires a team of warstriders, that would give leeway to create more powerful things to overcome it. Im such a way, you could make an allowance for 2e power spectacle in a 3e system.

I agree. If the heart of the game is to be a celebration of warstriders and mecha, I think I can repurpose what I was assembling as a "Homecoming" pitch into 3E. The result being an E3+ mixed Exalt game. We'd still have meaningful and varied opposition, a world thats not trivial to interact with yet in awe of the characters, and a buffer where the characters themselves could still have room to grow while being more hardened than the average Exalt.

I like the prospects here. I'll get to work on this in the background and let you guys know when I have enough to run with.

Also! I love how Asuna understands how much of a nerd Fel is.

Asuna's training makes her compulsively driven to understand what makes the people she considers important tick. She can't really help herself. That might turn out to be a dangerous liability when she's around Celestials.

Hey all. Apologies for any delays. Besides real life things, I'm also thinking about how best to integrate/build on all of your different plans for improving the situation here. I always like to try and take player choices into account, even if it requires a little more worldbuilding on my part.

Also, I'm giving everyone 5 more exp. I'd meant to award this after the discussions with Satori concluded earlier.

While I'm in the headspace for character advancement, can Manato get access to the first evocation of Seething Drake as an attunement bonus (like most artifacts)? I've kept forgetting to ask for awhile.

Also working on his background write up to help me focus on where I want to go with his personal story.

I got just enough to unlock the warstriders second evocation.

Buffing any attack made with using the impaling tag. Giving me either +5 post soak damage on withering attacks, or ignore hardness and doubles on decisive and sends enemy flying 1 range band to fall prone.

Given ill be constantly covering multiple range bands every turn, and it's a cheap Supplemental evocation (3mts), this is going to be my bread and butter.

Then the kicker. Being resonant with jade, I get to use it FREE with my devastating actions.

While I'm in the headspace for character advancement, can Manato get access to the first evocation of Seething Drake as an attunement bonus (like most artifacts)? I've kept forgetting to ask for awhile.

According to the document's write up, the only attunement bonus you get is that if you successfully parry a flame-based attack, you can immediately set the bonus of the first evocation to 3.

Right, i was asking if you'd allow the first evocation to be free because of that. Without that charm there's effectively no benefit at all. Ordinarily, I dislike buying evocations with base XP because I have some weird mental block about it.

Initially, I was going to delay spending xp on evocations at all. However, now that I compare the artifact against native fire melee, I think a heavy investment into the artifact would be more satisfying than focusing on native charms first.

Whoo! Finally got something out for all you great people!

In terms of Dragon XP, I'm prepared to let you claim 2 points whenever you do something you consider worthy of it, seeing as we're doing play-by-post here, I'll consider each claim on a case by case basis.

Ya know.... I just realized. We have a V'neef Mahina here.... and a V'neef Mahina in Trial By Fire.

accidents.jpg

Crap. I think I got her name wrong. It's meant to be V'neef Merina.
Speaking of, I got the history write up out for Manato. I plan on adding the same detail for his siblings as I did the parents.

For Merina though, I added the note that Manato believed she intended to use him for a supply of slaves, but feel free to overrule me on that.

Whoo! Finally got something out for all you great people!

In terms of Dragon XP, I'm prepared to let you claim 2 points whenever you do something you consider worthy of it, seeing as we're doing play-by-post here, I'll consider each claim on a case by case basis.

Since there are normally 4 per session allowed, and of we are able to out forth a claim on the +2 expression bonus ourselves.

Would the Aspect bonus be handled by you? Or would it go along the same vein as the prior?

Since there are normally 4 per session allowed, and of we are able to out forth a claim on the +2 expression bonus ourselves.

Would the Aspect bonus be handled by you? Or would it go along the same vein as the prior?
Same vein.

For the sake of improving our odds and congratulating good roleplay so far, would it be acceptable for each of us then to claim 2 to 4 Dragon XP for:

-Larissa upholding and promoting her principles both with Law and Order and Immaculate practices and thus playing to the idealism of Air.

-Xandra being a badass with the self-sacrifice scene in the square and standing in to help defend the realm as well as playing to the themes of emotion with Fire.

-Fel for charming moments both with Satori and being a giant Warstrider nerd as well as playing to the high minded ideals of Air also.

-Asuna for several charming scenes of her own, coordinating in the shadows to keep the peace, as well as demonstrating the persistence of Water.

-Manato for upholding a defining emotional intimacy to negotiate for better terms for as many people as possible and exaggerated reactions of the Fire aspect when provoked.

For the sake of improving our odds and congratulating good roleplay so far, would it be acceptable for each of us then to claim 2 to 4 Dragon XP for:

-Larissa upholding and promoting her principles both with Law and Order and Immaculate practices and thus playing to the idealism of Air.

-Xandra being a badass with the self-sacrifice scene in the square and standing in to help defend the realm as well as playing to the themes of emotion with Fire.

-Fel for charming moments both with Satori and being a giant Warstrider nerd as well as playing to the high minded ideals of Air also.

-Asuna for several charming scenes of her own, coordinating in the shadows to keep the peace, as well as demonstrating the persistence of Water.

-Manato for upholding a defining emotional intimacy to negotiate for better terms for as many people as possible and exaggerated reactions of the Fire aspect when provoked.

Since christmas is coming, imma go ahead and give you all 4 Dragon XP for all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back