• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex Jiara had an Anathema led revolt against House Mnemon almost a year ago. Not sure on the exact timeline, but it was at least months ago. Mnemon herself has been leading a bloody campaign to put down the revolt and recapture the Satrapy. She's retaken the capital, but much of the countryside is still in open revolt. Fel definitely knows all that, and if he doesn't Asuna will tell him to get his head out of a book/the innards of a warstrider for five minutes.

D. Rex D. Rex Jiara had an Anathema led revolt against House Mnemon almost a year ago. Not sure on the exact timeline, but it was at least months ago. Mnemon herself has been leading a bloody campaign to put down the revolt and recapture the Satrapy. She's retaken the capital, but much of the countryside is still in open revolt. Fel definitely knows all that, and if he doesn't Asuna will tell him to get his head out of a book/the innards of a warstrider for five minutes.
Lol Fel knows much more about these things than I. Thanks for the heads up! I'll fix it.

I was originally having Fel stay behind and have a nice lonely night inside the warstrider ti reason my buying the first evocation so early.

However!
That does depend on a few things.
jaydude jaydude how long do you want it to take to get attuned to the warstrider, and would that much time have elapsed between Fel beginning attunement and Larissa's mission. He will want to be attuned first before going anywhere though.

And, of course, if everyone would like Or feel the need for Fel to come along. Given that we have mostly been separated so far, us being together sounds fun.

jaydude jaydude how long do you want it to take to get attuned to the warstrider, and would that much time have elapsed between Fel beginning attunement and Larissa's mission. He will want to be attuned first before going anywhere though.

It's mentioned in 3E that attuning things like daiklaves only takes a few heartbeats. Arms of the Chosen doesn't give a specific amount of time for warstriders, but I suppose something as big as that would take quite a bit longer. Still, I don't mind having Fel finish attuning in time to join the others, seeing as the hunt is already being delayed in-universe due to Manato's conference.

I'm going with the assumption that the Exalts prepared to leave immediately after the conference given what was said in character. I can live with being almost without motes for a little bit.

I'm going with the assumption that the Exalts prepared to leave immediately after the conference given what was said in character. I can live with being almost without motes for a little bit.
I'll also be low on motes. The warstriders requires a hefty 15mt commitment and lacking the 8 i used for the lore roll. But 21 motes should carry me through a battle.

I counted spending 27m and 3w between the last two major scenes. I might be able to justify recovering 8 10. Then there's the 5m commitment to the Daiklave. So yeah, I think about 20m and at least 2 will unless there was a 2 point stunt or higher in there somewhere. All I've got is an excellency anyway. For now.

If you want, you can have your characters spend a few hours resting up before heading out into the city. Get back, say, 10 or 15 motes.

Before I forget to ask... jaydude jaydude

All the Exalts at the Gala were invited to attend the conference. Were any outcastes or other characters willing to fight or contribute? I realize a lot of the rolls were emotion and pride driven, but the argument of the march not being likely to stop at Kandara was still a factor of the pitch. I had to cut a lot to keep it all digestible when read.

All the Exalts at the Gala were invited to attend the conference. Were any outcastes or other characters willing to fight or contribute? I realize a lot of the rolls were emotion and pride driven, but the argument of the march not being likely to stop at Kandara was still a factor of the pitch. I had to cut a lot to keep it all digestible when read.

Didn't realize everyone was invited.

In terms of additional Dragon-blooded, I think you can safely assume a fair number will be willing to stick around and help. I don't know if I'll be able to provide a hard number, at least not immediately; ambiguity helps me keep my options open, and it means a reduced time spent on calculations.

Manato's speech will certainly win people over. And of course, there'll be others arriving to help out over the coming week, owing to the rest of the group's efforts. But on the other hand, even if people take him at his word, and consider that this might not be a threat they can't ignore, he's got no proof these Anathema are planning to go any further than Kandara, and certain people may have their own interests to prioritize in this crisis, whether they be their own domains, or the positions of their Great Houses.

Didn't realize everyone was invited.

In terms of additional Dragon-blooded, I think you can safely assume a fair number will be willing to stick around and help. I don't know if I'll be able to provide a hard number, at least not immediately; ambiguity helps me keep my options open, and it means a reduced time spent on calculations.
That's fine by me. Manato isn't the only member of the kinship working to improve the odds after all. I'm just hoping to give Xandra and Asuna more to work with when it's their turn to kick ass.

Manato's next little campaign will be to sway the hearts of the people while trying to keep dissatisfied, disapproving, or even potentially jealous actors in Satori's court from turning on him.

I can't make the people like the realm overnight, but I can do my best to make them love Solars less, be more skeptical about Solars and Lunars as rulers, and not be in such excruciatingly painful poverty. Collective apathy and indecision would be a vast improvement on our current predicament.

Manato's speech will certainly win people over. And of course, there'll be others arriving to help out over the coming week, owing to the rest of the group's efforts. But on the other hand, even if people take him at his word, and consider that this might not be a threat they can't ignore, he's got no proof these Anathema are planning to go any further than Kandara, and certain people may have their own interests to prioritize in this crisis, whether they be their own domains, or the positions of their Great Houses.
That's an understandable reaction to the presentation. If any character wants to question the assertion that the Solar army present an existential threat to their personal interest, I have plenty of ammunition to debate that position in character when the time is appropriate.

To put it in a single sentence statement, I think trying to gamble on the good intentions of a devil who is known to have the means, opportunity, and incentive to take you out of their way with barely an inconvenience is beyond foolhardy.

Fair warning; currently staying with family in the leadup to Christmas. Between that, my other RPs and general fatigue, it may be a while before I can get posts up on some occasions.

Take your time. I know I'll be doing everything I can to unwind after the past couple months. Good luck and safe travels all.

He can stunt too, so that would drop the penalty down to only -1 if he qualified for a minor. Did he end up reducing his TN to 4?

What is the die pool I need to roll to resist the mental influence?

No rolling. You compare with your Resolve. You can leverage Intimacies against the influence if they oppose it. Minor is +2 Resolve, Major +3, Defining +4. Integrity Excellency can boost Resolve. If he rolls higher than your Resolve after all modifiers, you can spend 1 WP to ignore the creation of a new Minor Intimacy.

Thanks for the info. I'll check to see what my numbers add up to.

I kinda figured you'd all pegged the speaker as a Sidereal by now.

And truth be told, I'm not too fond of having him Avoidance Kata his way out of this, if only because it feels a bit like cheating/an anticlimax. But on the other hand, it would make sense if he doesn't want to fight, and I don't really want to run a battle scene this close to Christmas. So *shrug* soz.

Yeah, I was suspecting a Sidereal involved somewhere since it is the Cult of the illuminated operating here. I wouldn't have been surprised if he mysteriously vanished from his cell. Either way, we've shaken what I assume to be a younger Gold Faction Sidereal from his convictions a little bit.

What kind of Gold Faction Sidereal doesn't have a single intimacy they could leverage against a tie of Celestials (Doubt), and won't spend WP to shut it down? It doesn't sound like he's Gold Faction at all, he's just punching the clock and collecting his salary. Someone else wove this into the loom and it's his job to make sure it happens, but he doesn't really care.

Spoiler alert: he's actually thinking that Jinlong may not have as easy a time liberating Kandara as he previously thought, as Manato warned him when instilling that Intimacy. If Manato had said something along the lines of "we're telling the truth about the Anathema," he almost certainly would have contested, and been able to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back