• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think I'm starting to see why you created characters such as Aredin and Manato.
Yeah, I get to leverage both my mindset as a player and the skills of the character to plot world conquest through a stream of small but compounding victories. it's a shame the 2E Trial by Fire game fizzled though. Maybe one day I'll dust off the Aredin character for reuse, same with Toun. White kaiju fox was super fun.

Making one last IC post for the day as an excuse to make those rolls by the way. After that I should probably hold until a scene transition for a post-negotiation "What the hells were you thinking, how in the five dragons did that work, and what in scarlet's name are we gonna do to pull this off?" meeting.

jaydude jaydude
I just sort of made some stuff up on how Fel might remember his history with Kessi.

Does any of it go against the grain of your vision? If some I can change it pretty easily.

jaydude jaydude
I just sort of made some stuff up on how Fel might remember his history with Kessi.

Does any of it go against the grain of your vision? If some I can change it pretty easily.
It's all good. The only vision I really have for her is that she's a woman and a warstrider expert who's managed to overcome her disabilities.

It's all good. The only vision I really have for her is that she's a woman and a warstrider expert who's managed to overcome her disabilities.
Cool beans, she sounds cool.

Anything about her you would like to add that Fel would know?

Nothing I can think of. Any suggestions?
Nothing at the moment, I spent was at the top of my head. But given she's a Ledaal and a someone he went to school with, I think she will be a fun NPC. But ill let you know if anything pops in my mind.

How about a Gorilla familiar that wears a blacksmiths attire, a tool belt, a strangle saddle and goggles.

Where her infirmities hold her back, her familiar uses his strength to shape metal plates, mount parts, etc.

They coordinate through an odd variant of military sign language and guttural grunts and noises. While said gorilla can be a clutz, walking around like he owns the place, his hardiness keeps disaster at a level of comedy rather than calamity.

To add additional personality to the familiar, he is trained and capable of manning a balista on his own, drawing back its string by hand.

How about a Gorilla familiar that wears a blacksmiths attire, a tool belt, a strangle saddle and goggles.

Where her infirmities hold her back, her familiar uses his strength to shape metal plates, mount parts, etc.

They coordinate through an odd variant of military sign language and guttural grunts and noises. While said gorilla can be a clutz, walking around like he owns the place, his hardiness keeps disaster at a level of comedy rather than calamity.

To add additional personality to the familiar, he is trained and capable of manning a balista on his own, drawing back its string by hand.
That sounds very interesting, but it's not exactly what I had in mind. Soz.

jaydude jaydude

Firstly! I do not know what future you have in store, but I expect it to be brutal and without mercy. To that end, I have two requests and an idea.

1. My position leaves me very likely to be brutalized and crushed like a tin can. But I wish for the chance to go out with a bang should that eventuality occur. As such, I would like to make a request to introduce a fact that allows me to self destruct myself and the warstrider for devastating lethal damage.

2. Should the that come to pass. I would like permission to adopt Kessi as a PC to replace Fel, if you have no further plans with her at that point.

3. The idea. If adoption is allowed, perhaps the one of the lunars in the horde is the one that ravaged Kessi. And to build relations ahead of time, perhaps Xandra ( Psychie Psychie ) has ties to that lunar as well given her violent past with those exaltations.

Together is complicated. Asuna knows they can never get married - their Houses are already basically married. They're both prized show animals for their families, and their marriages are going to have significant strategic implications. Neither Cynis nor Sesus desperately needs to strengthen ties with the other.

That aside she'll happily flirt shamelessly with Manato because it's fun and she wants his attention. She adores him - he's handsome, witty, charming, and she likes spending time with him - but she has zero expectation of exclusivity or possession. She thinks she makes a better mistress than wife anyway. As far as she's concerned a husband is a person you see once every 20 years to have a baby, not someone you actually like.

Together is complicated. Asuna knows they can never get married - their Houses are already basically married. They're both prized show animals for their families, and their marriages are going to have significant strategic implications. Neither Cynis nor Sesus desperately needs to strengthen ties with the other.

That aside she'll happily flirt shamelessly with Manato because it's fun and she wants his attention. She adores him - he's handsome, witty, charming, and she likes spending time with him - but she has zero expectation of exclusivity or possession. She thinks she makes a better mistress than wife anyway. As far as she's concerned a husband is a person you see once every 20 years to have a baby, not someone you actually like.

Lol I definitely been meaning to play on that aspect of Dynast politics/relations. Will certainly try next time I make a dynast.

With a mounting civil war, one with Manato's blood is just as likely to be married to another Cynis household, or a mortal than create a tenuous alliance with a house with loose ties. He might have been pawned off to a house like Peleps, Cathak, V'Neef, or some such when the Empress was still around, but a single marriage won't do much to change the field for a civil war.

From what I read in the book, dynastic men tend to be married up since, in the matriarchal system, the house doesn't want their daughter overshadowed by the spouse. So who knows, for a Well Bred male, a marriage to close house might make a sliver of sense. I could see the viewpoint being strong blood shouldn't be gifted frivolously. The implication being: "We're losing an exalt by marrying him off" changes the typical assumption.

He can make his case, and he may fail. He'd at least be content knowing he took action rather than doing nothing, as he had done previously. I see him not wanting to think about having his business gutted by Merina in a marriage putting him in a state of ignoring the issue for quite a while. Then again, having her in the background provides incentive to escape a special kind of hell. One where all of one's preparation and posturing threatens to be cast into oblivion on a daily basis.

Yeah, soz. Kinda been focused on stuff besides this game this morning.
jaydude jaydude

Firstly! I do not know what future you have in store, but I expect it to be brutal and without mercy. To that end, I have two requests and an idea.

1. My position leaves me very likely to be brutalized and crushed like a tin can. But I wish for the chance to go out with a bang should that eventuality occur. As such, I would like to make a request to introduce a fact that allows me to self destruct myself and the warstrider for devastating lethal damage.

2. Should the that come to pass. I would like permission to adopt Kessi as a PC to replace Fel, if you have no further plans with her at that point.

3. The idea. If adoption is allowed, perhaps the one of the lunars in the horde is the one that ravaged Kessi. And to build relations ahead of time, perhaps Xandra ( Psychie Psychie ) has ties to that lunar as well given her violent past with those exaltations.
  1. Sure, you can introduce that fact.
  2. Yes, assuming she's still alive at such a point, you can adopt her as a PC. I don't really have any plans for her besides supporting Fel. Might need to think about how to integrate her artificial limbs and eye, though.
  3. Sure, I'm fine with the idea of Kessi being a victim of one of the Lunars. Related to the above point, I'm thinking that the encounter - or at least the part where she got mutilated -could also have left her with PTSD related to piloting a warstrider, thus explaining why she won't do so despite being physically capable of doing so now that she has her new limbs, and perhaps providing a plot point.

Also, everyone, I'm not planning to skip ahead quite yet, and certainly not to next week (I've got something planned for tomorrow morning). At the very least, I want to resolve the business between Fel and Kessi, and perhaps also have Satori approach Asuna.

Oh boy. I'm not sure how many complications we can handle, so hopefully nothing much more drastic than the threat bearing down on us.

I'm not sure if I should roll for that orichalcum mine yet either. If we're holding up in the city, then who knows if we could even get a token detachment to post up in Kandara. Even that would be a great help though. Not like I have any better ideas yet.

Yeah, soz. Kinda been focused on stuff besides this game this morning.

1. Sure, you can introduce that fact.
  2. Yes, assuming she's still alive at such a point, you can adopt her as a PC. I don't really have any plans for her besides supporting Fel. Might need to think about how to integrate her artificial limbs and eye, though.
  3. Sure, I'm fine with the idea of Kessi being a victim of one of the Lunars. Related to the above point, I'm thinking that the encounter - or at least the part where she got mutilated -could also have left her with PTSD related to piloting a warstrider, thus explaining why she won't do so despite being physically capable of doing so now that she has her new limbs, and perhaps providing a plot point.

Also, everyone, I'm not planning to skip ahead quite yet, and certainly not to next week (I've got something planned for tomorrow morning). At the very least, I want to resolve the business between Fel and Kessi, and perhaps also have Satori approach Asuna.

1. Sweet! I'll do it later as it becomes appropriate.

2. Cool beans. Integration should be pretty easy. The legs and arm could be invested in as artifact merits, a 4dot artifact pair of smashfists with an awakened evocation upon attunement of having them be able to operate as prosthetic limbs. If Fel falls, that means likely the warstrider did too. That wreckage would mean plenty of machine parts and green jade to create an upgrade if need be. As a savant, she is an expert Smith of artifacts of first age quality, it would not be a stretch. As for the eye, not sure yet.

3. Would be very doable in that regard. I'd imagine being literally ripped from a warstrider in that way would leave anyone hesitant to go back in. The pilot themselves is almost entirely defenseless. And if need be, and the threat is so bad we can't not have a warstrider, she can always try to overcome that part of her with great difficulty.

Do you're worst!
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm kidding. (Mostly[kinda])

D. Rex D. Rex
Just a minor thing, and it might be my fault for mistyping something earlier, but the Solar army is only 12,000 strong. The Lunar army meanwhile is 3,000.

Reference to an old British children's show called Thunderbirds. Video might have made it make more sense. The launch sequences for their machines always involved hatches in the ceiling that opened, pools sliding aside, false walls that became exit doors, etc. Since they were puppets, they had absurdly elaborate ways to get to their vehicles without walking, like hilariously long slides, or a system that took the couch from the living room and loaded it into the cockpit of the rocket.

I'm fairly certain watching Thunderbirds as a kid is at least half the reason I love Evangelion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back