• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm not knocking any IC acts thus far, and I agree with the concerns expressed. I will be doing my utmost to keep grander focus around the course the circle chooses rather than the backdrop provided by npc factions.

Long travel speed ranges from 10 to 20 miles per hour. So roughly one to two days depending on wind direction and cargo load.

There's a Hearthstone in Axtis's possession which determines the direction of the winds, so it's probably closer to 20 miles per hour than 10. Of course 24 hour shifts are probably not the norm on a relatively small ship like the Righteous Indignation, but it's not an overly long detour.

Also, would it be possible to jump through the iron bars into the arena itself?
And here I was thinking it would be spectacle to jump into the cage with monkey leap and using thnderbolt attack prana to land on a shark if things goes south......... We need to come up with synchro attack names and call them!!!! :D

Everyone, I just got home from a long overdue game night, so I'll have to delay my post until I've had time to complete some necessary homework on a few details.

However, as an apology and reward for entertaining play, I've updated the XP totals. Hoping to get things moving after I've had some sleep.

Woo! XPs. I'm grabbing Shadow Over Day for my regular XP and Shifting Grip (Evocation from my armor) for my Solar XP.

I picked up Soaring Crane Leap and raised my Awareness to 5. A side note is that having SCL drops the cost of activating my Wings of the Raptor by 2m.

Alright, post is out, fight was kept short as this is should be more a chance for you all to flex some powers a bit (rather than npcs) and make some impact in a way that suits the group at large.

ok a couple of questions since this is literally my first time playing ex3 (other games i was in died out before we can have a combat)

I am going to use blinding battle feint to roll dex+stealth for joi battle;

1) I have stealth ambush and stealth combat specialties do i get an extra die with this roll before adding excellency?
2) Can I stunt this since it is really my attempt to enter into stealth too and if i can how are we going to handle stunts in combat? Is ST going to add them later or will we wait for confirmation about stunt rank etc?
3) Can perfect shadow stillness be used with this roll to reroll anything but 10's since it is also a roll for entering stealth.
4) Can Nothing but shadow used with this roll if so will it mastery give me stealth times initiative because how it works? (Iam assuming there are enough non-trivial enemies to roll enough 1's in this place but if not how much initiative he would gain?
5) If this beats every enemies join battle check which also counts as awareness check opposed to my stealth check, can I use special activation rule for ebon shadow form?

I think this is all and this is just or join battle roll :P for my action I will ask more when time comes :P

Wait - who are we Joining Battle with? It didn't seem very clear. Are we supposed to be attacking the champion, or someone else?

The other combatants are...
8 size one battle groups of mortal assailants and cutthroats (4 are hostile, 4 neutral dividing these up by cardinal directions within the dome),
2 cloaked figures (hostile),
Astian (neutral)

There's basically Noshe's faction versus everyone else to be more precise.

Yes Greenstalker Greenstalker , your specialty is added to the die pool but your excellency dice cap is still Attribute + Ability.

Spending 3m to activate Flashing Vengeance Draw. I have a total of 11 successes from that.
How do you get 11 sux on Join Battle? You rolled 3, and get (Ess) from FVD, which comes out to a total of 5. Am I missing something?

All Join Battle rolls have a +3 Successes to them. Its in the Core Book.

All Join Battle rolls have a +3 Successes to them. Its in the Core Book.
Strictly speaking, your starting Initiative is 3 plus your Join Battle roll. It's not that you get 3 free successes to the Join Battle roll. That's a minor point, but it's important that we're comparing apples to apples and not apples to apples +3 ;)

Also, that still only brings you to 8

I may have misinterpreted the rules, but the point is, I still have a total of 11 initiative to Join Battle.

You're right, sorry. I forgot that Rykon Rykon has buffed Supernal to mean that your Essence is 5 for all Archery Charms. Well, so much for my hope of acting first...

Okay I need an advice. I have this charm that lets me reroll any stealth roll and let me keep 10's from previous roll. As it stands out I rolled 5 10 and 5 non-10 on the join battle roll out of 17 dices and i will be rerolling 12 of them if i choose to do so. My question is does it worth it? as it stands out even if all of the 12 nex rolls fails I still get a 13 initiative (5 10's +3) so should i aim for a possible higher initaitve (by statistics it can probably increase by one or two) or should i be keeping it in.

Also Rykon Rykon ebon shadow forms special activation rule states i can activate it if i can beat all enemies opposed rolls. With 15 success on the roll I assume it meets the requirement just need confirmation from your end.

Last edited:
You have 5 sux out of 12 dice on the remaining dice and can reroll those at the cost of 1m + 1wp, but regaining the spent wp if you "succeed" on the Stealth roll. I'd say go for it if "succeed" means going before any enemies (you're almost certainly going to do that), and don't if it means something that's harder to achieve. A reroll is worth 1m, not 1wp.

You have 5 sux out of 12 dice on the remaining dice and can reroll those at the cost of 1m + 1wp, but regaining the spent wp if you "succeed" on the Stealth roll. I'd say go for it if "succeed" means going before any enemies (you're almost certainly going to do that), and don't if it means something that's harder to achieve. A reroll is worth 1m, not 1wp.
their join battle roll counts as their awareness against my steath too so yes if i act before any enemy even one it counts as success ofcourse it is rykons call on the matter.

5 out of 12 is pretty good, average is about 45% of your die pool in successes. I'd keep it and move forward. Otherwise you can take the gamble and go for more.

Also, feel free to declare any prepped scene longs or form charms. I moved quickly for pacing reasons but you all would have had time to react.

Last edited:
5 out of 12 is pretty good, average is about 45% of your die pool in successes. I'd keep it and move forward. Otherwise you can take the gamble and go for more.

Also, feel free to declare any prepped scene longs or form charms. I moved quickly for pacing reasons but you all would have had time to react.
ok since ebon shadow form states if i beat every enemy in steath check (join battle in this case) i can activate it as reflexive. If that happens ebon shadow drops 1 initiative from every enemy i beat with the roll. So it is crucial for me to know if i beat every enemy on join battle roll or not. Oh and i am keeping result as it is which is a 15 success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back