• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3e: Dead of Night (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex I'm assuming this aqueduct leads through the city walls, and has one or more iron gates over it, maybe reinforced with magic. If we smash through those gates they're obviously going to know exactly where we are and which way we're going, so they'll be on us shortly thereafter. I've been working here as a spy for a year or so, so I must have learned a decent amount about the city defenses and more importantly the secret ways in and out of the city. The aqueduct could well be one of them if it goes underground, and I imagine I have the passphrases and tokens to enter and exit through the secret gates if my forehead lantern weren't giving up the game and the city hadn't gone into immediate lockdown the moment the first of us flared Iconic. I don't know if any of them are large enough to accomodate Red Tusk.

What in my professional assessment would be the most promising routes to attempt to smuggle a Hellboar out of Lords Crossing? Do I believe it's possible without just punching a hole in a main gate somewhere?

Waaaaaait a moment. I don't even care that I'm at Glowing, I can make my anima look like a Terrestrial anima. Yay Solar bullshit. Hmmmm. Plan forming.

Ember doesn't want to murder anyone if she doesn't have to, though obviously she can't and won't stop anyone else from murdering people. She also doesn't understand why we would want to climb the Imperial Mountain - after all, if the Sun were visible from the Imperial Mountain, then the Imperial Mountain would be glowing in the reflected light of the Sun. Her go-to solution to this Dynast poking around is to just disguise herself as a wounded Dynast and point him in the direction of the Anathema who attacked her, which is clearly nowhere near this shack.

That might not be possible on closer reading of Perfect Mirror. It says it can create anima effects from other exalt types, but doesn't specify if it disguises your own anima effects. Maybe it lets you fake-flare with another anima, but doesn't make your own anima look different, in which case Ember can't ignore that she's glowing and can only really argue she'd rather outrun than murder this person.

D. Rex D. Rex I'm assuming this aqueduct leads through the city walls, and has one or more iron gates over it, maybe reinforced with magic. If we smash through those gates they're obviously going to know exactly where we are and which way we're going, so they'll be on us shortly thereafter. I've been working here as a spy for a year or so, so I must have learned a decent amount about the city defenses and more importantly the secret ways in and out of the city. The aqueduct could well be one of them if it goes underground, and I imagine I have the passphrases and tokens to enter and exit through the secret gates if my forehead lantern weren't giving up the game and the city hadn't gone into immediate lockdown the moment the first of us flared Iconic. I don't know if any of them are large enough to accomodate Red Tusk.

What in my professional assessment would be the most promising routes to attempt to smuggle a Hellboar out of Lords Crossing? Do I believe it's possible without just punching a hole in a main gate somewhere?
You know the city has been fortified since being made the Captial. But this is mostly to keep the Solars from sneaking in. Almost every common route in and out of the has at least one dragon blood guarding it, but you would assume that with all this going, it's likely to be a lot more.

Give me a wits+larceny roll to see if you can recall a route specific to sneaking a hellboar out.

Roll attached. Also, what's your ruling on Perfect Mirror's interaction with real Solar animas? Does it disguise your real anima as a different kind of anima, or does it merely allow you to fake-flare without essence expenditure if you aren't already flaring? I guess you could double-flare. I previously thought it disguised your anima, but re-reading it I'm leaning towards it only lets you create a fake anima banner and doesn't let you disguise your own anima.

Roll attached. Also, what's your ruling on Perfect Mirror's interaction with real Solar animas? Does it disguise your real anima as a different kind of anima, or does it merely allow you to fake-flare without essence expenditure if you aren't already flaring? I guess you could double-flare. I previously thought it disguised your anima, but re-reading it I'm leaning towards it only lets you create a fake anima banner and doesn't let you disguise your own anima.
Regarding perfect mirror, you may replicate the visual effects of other types of anima. This will not Mask you Solar anima, but if you anima is flaring low enough, you may be able to stunt it so that it blends with the anima you are trying to mimic. For example, using a fire anima to mimic ones glowing light. However the caste mark will be visible, and is something that is not so easily hidden. In this situation, you are not confident you could fool the Dragon blood while your caste mark is shining so brightly.

I'm not quite clear on the door situation. Outside one door is a DB. Jontom is looking out that door at said DB. There's another double door, also described as pointing towards the DB. There's a hole in the roof. There's a ramp down into the aqueduct, which runs... above the DB's head? Level with the DB?

Presumably we'll be rolling Join Battle soon, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way Ember can leave the shed and plausibly maintain concealment by staying out of the DB's line of sight.

I'm not quite clear on the door situation. Outside one door is a DB. Jontom is looking out that door at said DB. There's another double door, also described as pointing towards the DB. There's a hole in the roof. There's a ramp down into the aqueduct, which runs... above the DB's head? Level with the DB?

Presumably we'll be rolling Join Battle soon, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way Ember can leave the shed and plausibly maintain concealment by staying out of the DB's line of sight.
The Aquaduct is on street level. It's not one of those fantastic ones that is stories high. Just a simple way to get water through the city.

And the roof or the Aquaduct would both give her a way to leave the building out of his line of sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back