• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3e: Dead of Night (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I just did the math, and unless we can recover some Essence at the gate, we only have 184 motes between the four of us. One option I can see is if Karyn can summon a demon and order it to aid us in using its own Essence to fuel the remainder.

The problem is, the ritual to summon a demon is four hours long, culminating at midnight. The time it will take is also a problem, along with the end time requirement.

I just did the math, and unless we can recover some Essence at the gate, we only have 184 motes between the four of us. One option I can see is if Karyn can summon a demon and order it to aid us in using its own Essence to fuel the remainder.

The problem is, the ritual to summon a demon is four hours long, culminating at midnight. The time it will take is also a problem, along with the end time requirement.
Demon summoning would not be viable if you wanted to get there in time.

Another reason to hope for some hearthstones that we can get a hold of.
Maybe one will fall out of the sky and land in front of your feet?

Sherwood raises a good point with Sorcerous motes. The translation between 2e and 3e here is a bit tricky, but between the two of us we know all of the Occult, so maybe we can come up with a Sorcerous Working or ritual to open the gate? It would probably take a few hours at a minimum, so the gate would have to be in a safe location, but it seems more likely to work than just dumping all our motes into the gate and hoping we come out the other side with all our body parts in the same place they started.

The Sorcerous Working is something new to me, but I'm sure that between all of us brainstorming it, we can come up with a work-around.

Sherwood raises a good point with Sorcerous motes. The translation between 2e and 3e here is a bit tricky, but between the two of us we know all of the Occult, so maybe we can come up with a Sorcerous Working or ritual to open the gate? It would probably take a few hours at a minimum, so the gate would have to be in a safe location, but it seems more likely to work than just dumping all our motes into the gate and hoping we come out the other side with all our body parts in the same place they started.
To magic the gate open would require a more in depth use as to how they operate. And would take a good amount of study to make that happen.

While sorcery could potentially be used to activate it. It would require know how in craft(preferably) or lore(at a higher difficulty), with a specialty in artifacts for either one to have any understanding of the inner workings needed to trigger it safely.

The Sorcerous Working is something new to me, but I'm sure that between all of us brainstorming it, we can come up with a work-around.
Well when the time comes, you can always try rolling for it. Though I would reccomend saving your motes for the gate if you choose to roll an Intelligence check.

You still have four hours to figure out the gate or try to get there on foot and hope the sun is slow to set.

Hold up now - the sun hasn't set yet? I thought it was already night. So we just somehow know that when the sun sets this time it won't rise again?

A part of it could be either a typo, or we know about this from our Visitations from the Unconquered Sun when we Exalted.

Hold up now - the sun hasn't set yet? I thought it was already night. So we just somehow know that when the sun sets this time it won't rise again?

Correct. The Unconquered Sun is still strolling across the sky.

When you all heard the voice to save the Unconquered sun, it came with an unspoken understanding that something bad was going to happen once he is gone.

You wont know about the eternal night until the sun fail to rise. Or unless you can intuit that on your own.

Either way, we need to find this gate. Hopefully between all of us one will roll well enough to spot the thing.

Ah, my mistake. I'd been writing as if that was common knowledge at this point, or at least was to us. So we were told to 'Find the sun' while it was still in the sky, with an understanding that something bad was going to happen at tonight's sunset. Good to know.

Alrighty folks. Soph wont make it. Extenuating circumstances. But we will have another newbie taking their place. They will have their CS up soon. And will be following behind you all.

What do you all think about having another fighter in the the circle?

Just a quick comment about Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide and your health levels that I noticed. The Merit of Pain Tolerance reads:

While the character still feels pain, he’s better at coping
with it than most. -2 wound penalties are reduced to -1,
while -4 wound penalties are reduced to -3.

It does not lower your -1 levels to become -0 levels, so with your purchase of the four Ox-Body Techniques, you should have a total of five -0 levels and the rest are -1's.

Just a quick comment about Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide and your health levels that I noticed. The Merit of Pain Tolerance reads:

While the character still feels pain, he’s better at coping
with it than most. -2 wound penalties are reduced to -1,
while -4 wound penalties are reduced to -3.

It does not lower your -1 levels to become -0 levels, so with your purchase of the four Ox-Body Techniques, you should have a total of five -0 levels and the rest are -1's.
That was my fault. I helped calculate the combat stats.

Well, if this other Exalt shows up soon, it will solve the problem of not having enough Essence to activate the gate.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
Consider your character accepted.

Allow me to introduce your peers.

Karyn, our resident egghead. A brilliant women and wielding both bows and sorcery. Her knowledge of lore will serve everyone well.

Luanna, the youngest of the group. But dont let this fool you. While squishy by herself. Her bond with the mighty golden hellboar makes her a horrifying force to be reckoned with.

Ember, our sneakthief. Haughty and tricky, her hands will get the party through any doorway. A lover of the flame, and trust me, you all will want a lot of fire.

Last but not least, we have Jontom. Dont let his twiggy arms fool you, this man wields one of the most deadly sword styles in the books. As well he has the potential to be a great leader of men.

Now we come to you. Mors is a tank. You have enough health to not freak out when forgetting to using a defense charm. You are well suited to defending your peers and helping Jontom hold the line. Mors has his weaknesses, but by trusting and relying on his comrades, you should be just fine.

Once I introduce you into the story, you are free to post as you wish. There are no turns, and if you ever feel like rolling for anything or attempting anything, just ask. Follow the lead of the other players and you will do just fine, for all of them are more experienced than I.

P.S. If you so much as think as think of backing out(barring real life circumstance), I will come over there, toss you into a burlap bag, and drown you in a freezing river like a sack of puppies. Capiche?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back