• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3e: Dead of Night (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Blonde is a state of mind, not just a hair color.

I like Random Word's character. It's very interesting, and totally not something i would even consider.
It is certainly an original approach, one that I am interested in seeing how well it works.

Is 'interesting' a polite way of saying, "You're an absurdly squishy glass cannon who will die horribly if you don't kill your opponent in the first round?" Because if so, then yes, Ember is very interesting. Her post-exaltation battle plan is largely as follows:
  1. Enter stealth.
  2. Stalk victim until reaching 15+ initiative.
  3. Decisive something for 25 lethal.
  4. Is everything dead? If so, return to step 1. If not, continue to step 5.
  5. Panic.
  6. Scream.
  7. Locate the nearest Dawn.
  8. Run and hide behind the nearest Dawn.
What's a withering attack?

Now, in her pre-exaltation life the people she's assassinated have been either dead or deep into their -3s/-4s after being hit for 14L and she could finish them off with fire bending if necessary while the Guardian of Flame kept her alive until she could make her escape. The fact that everything around the unfortunate victim is on fire tends to keep their bodyguards distracted and disorganized. The further fact that the firebird may well have flown in through a window after having been launched from a roof, hill, tree, tower, or wall 300m away also helped keep her alive.

It's an interesting approach because it's different from how I would approach it, but something i might borrow for future characters.

Look at Quill in the Chronicles of the Scavenger Lands game, he's barely able to fight, especially against most Exalted opponents, but while he's not keen on fighting, he'd go in, if the others need him, or if he's facing them alone.

Cant believe I missed these notifs.

Is 'interesting' a polite way of saying, "You're an absurdly squishy glass cannon who will die horribly if you don't kill your opponent in the first round?" Because if so, then yes, Ember is very interesting. Her post-exaltation battle plan is largely as follows:
  1. Enter stealth.
  2. Stalk victim until reaching 15+ initiative.
  3. Decisive something for 25 lethal.
  4. Is everything dead? If so, return to step 1. If not, continue to step 5.
  5. Panic.
  6. Scream.
  7. Locate the nearest Dawn.
  8. Run and hide behind the nearest Dawn.
What's a withering attack?

Now, in her pre-exaltation life the people she's assassinated have been either dead or deep into their -3s/-4s after being hit for 14L and she could finish them off with fire bending if necessary while the Guardian of Flame kept her alive until she could make her escape. The fact that everything around the unfortunate victim is on fire tends to keep their bodyguards distracted and disorganized. The further fact that the firebird may well have flown in through a window after having been launched from a roof, hill, tree, tower, or wall 300m away also helped keep her alive.

I made pretty good on as a sorcery with a big dragon sigh wand. Shoot-shape/reload-shoot-shape/reload. Could build up some fair initiative that way. Was fun while it lasted. Definitely my favorite exalted char I made yet.

Anyway. I think pulling off a glass cannon would be fun to see. Though I would need to learn more about the mechanics of stealth and initiative gain through it.

And you'll definitely need the fire. It's going to get very dark.

It's an interesting approach because it's different from how I would approach it, but something i might borrow for future characters.

Look at Quill in the Chronicles of the Scavenger Lands game, he's barely able to fight, especially against most Exalted opponents, but while he's not keen on fighting, he'd go in, if the others need him, or if he's facing them alone.
Can't go wrong with just giving him a big weapon. Basically what I did for Zed to make up for his lack of combat charms.

But Quill seems like a good candidate for sorcery or elemental bolt combatant. But then again, a jewel encrusted fire pistol would be very fitting as well. That said, the brush really seems to suit his creative spirit. Could really use that for some fun stunted gambits. Appraising enemy artifacts and introducing facts about their particular weaknesses or ways around particularly problematic evocations. Could make him a real stat crusher.

Can't go wrong with just giving him a big weapon. Basically what I did for Zed to make up for his lack of combat charms.

But Quill seems like a good candidate for sorcery or elemental bolt combatant. But then again, a jewel encrusted fire pistol would be very fitting as well. That said, the brush really seems to suit his creative spirit. Could really use that for some fun stunted gambits. Appraising enemy artifacts and introducing facts about their particular weaknesses or ways around particularly problematic evocations. Could make him a real stat crusher.

Well, Quill IS a sorcerer, though for now lacks any attack spells. And I chose the brush because it enhances Introduce Fact, and adds some shenanigans to what he can do. But yes, using his Lore to good effect is what i'm trying to build up for, though i try not to Introduce Fact every scene, so as not to overburden our ST, or to outshine everyone else. But I do try and use it to add interesting things to the story.

How are we looking at for a start date? Any word on when the game will be launched?

Random Word Random Word I need your finished background.

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Alrighty folks, I shall be typing up the starter post tonight.

This will be an odd campaign, but I shall do my best to give you all a show. I barely know what I'm doing, but I'll be learning on the fly, so please toss me tips or advice yall have if you see me screw up. It will happen.

Now! I shall be throwing stuff at you that even I dont know how to properly manage. I'm not worried about balance. I want to see you all embody the power and glory of the Unconquered Sun. Take things to the next level. Carve your own path and make the world your bitch. I will be boosting normal xp gain for this campaign. However! On a per scene basis, Solar xp given out will be on an individual basis set by the defined standards in the book. As well, great acts as well as 3rd level stunts will grant additional xp.

Abuse the system, my friends, in ways you wouldn't dare to under reputable GMs like Sherwood. The fate of the world rests on your shoulders, as well as whether you live or die. It is up to you to find a solution to the apocalypse. No path will be easy, but you will be the ones choosing it.

I want to see rolls, people. Buckets of dice. Stunts galore. Have fun making up charms and evocations. Your four heros have been granted direct power from the sun, let it show. Overkill is your best bet and never think twice about adding to the world. Overwhelm me with questions and lore and ideas, as you are much more than just along for the ride.

Wish me luck! Let's see if I can swim when thrown in the deep end.

I will happily be here any time you need to pick my brains on the mechanics of Exalted, or even any suggestions you want on storytelling. From what I have seen of you as a player, you will excel in this.

Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to seeing my character in action.

Mostly done, just trying to keep it short and punchy rather than write a novel. Yay high octane Exalted!
No worries! Take your time. I got your intro mostly done. I'll leave it to you how you got there and to fill in the gaps. But just getting the ball rolling before I start falling asleep.

If you got any questions regarding lore of the setting, feel free to ask. Of course, you can invent stuff on your own, and that's great, but sometimes, in my humble opinion, it's sometimes best to take the lore that's out there, and give it a twist, especially in such an Alt-Setting. it serves better to give the players pause.

Okay, I might edit it to clean it up (and shorten it) later, but I put something up. Given that I found myself running across rooftops, I can only imagine House Ragara were dreadfully unreasonable during renegotiations and I had to dive out a window.

We're all flaring Bonfire if we just Exalted, right? So presumably no one can tell anything at all about my identity, I just look like a shiny gold-white-violet blur in a pile on top of Karyn and Red Tusk.

If you got any questions regarding lore of the setting, feel free to ask. Of course, you can invent stuff on your own, and that's great, but sometimes, in my humble opinion, it's sometimes best to take the lore that's out there, and give it a twist, especially in such an Alt-Setting. it serves better to give the players pause.
Most differences will come about from me not knowing any better. Though I will be trying to stick to the set lore. With the twist coming in to how it has been effected by recent events. Just got to find what I what I need, and I'll be doing research as i go to make sure i can get things somewhat close.

And i find your humble opinion quite valuable.

D. Rex D. Rex quick question, would it be fair to assume that in the moment of Exaltation, the UCS told Luanna that she needs to seek him out and save him?

As a matter of fact, I was going to mention that here but forgot because I got sleepy. Yes. The USC would have told them to find him. But not to save him, instead for the sake of creation.

Was going to write that out in a scene. But figured yalld find that long winded of me.

Okay, I might edit it to clean it up (and shorten it) later, but I put something up. Given that I found myself running across rooftops, I can only imagine House Ragara were dreadfully unreasonable during renegotiations and I had to dive out a window.

We're all flaring Bonfire if we just Exalted, right? So presumably no one can tell anything at all about my identity, I just look like a shiny gold-white-violet blur in a pile on top of Karyn and Red Tusk.
I cant imagine them being happy given what was already going on with Karyn.

It's bonfire has died down, as its just long enough for things to have died down. (If hadn't, there would be no missing you)

The caste mark is all that remains currently.

But thank you for reminding me!

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie when tall get a chance. could you please add your anima banner to your CS?

You mean what the anima looks like when it flares up? Like a giant tiger ready to pounce, that kind of thing?

Sleepy time now. I'm tired.

Tomorrow I will explain what you know of the situation. And what USC has told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back