• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Maybe. But Xun has tools of the trade with the natural, piercing, and smashing tags.

Uh-huh. You may have technique, but Dao-Cleaving Insight is beyond such petty mortal concerns. She's refined her cultivation to the point where her soul is so beautiful it's a Severity 4 offense to bare it outside the presence of a credible threat to Creation. Anyone who witnesses it is immediately transfixed and left permanently addicted to its perfection. True beauty is within. Do you have soul heroin? Didn't think so.

Uh-huh. You may have technique, but Dao-Cleaving Insight is beyond such petty mortal concerns. She's refined her cultivation to the point where her soul is so beautiful it's a Severity 4 offense to bare it outside the presence of a credible threat to Creation. Anyone who witnesses it is immediately transfixed and left permanently addicted to its perfection. True beauty is within. Do you have soul heroin? Didn't think so.
I might not got soul heroin. But I got a pipe for crack. And everyone needs a pipe for their crack.

Will anyone complain if I take an Infinite Resplendence amulet and pair of Perfected Kata Bracers as well? Don't want to look like I'm ripping off Psychie's character.

Everyone is taking PKB (because duh), so don't even count that one. You and Psychie can always be twins fated to Exalt together - then you can lean in to ripping her off!

Will anyone complain if I take an Infinite Resplendence amulet and pair of Perfected Kata Bracers as well? Don't want to look like I'm ripping off Psychie's character.
I don't mind. Thank you for asking, though. The IRA is one of my favorite artifacts, and if possible, I like to pick it up for all of my characters. And the PKB is a must for any Sidereal.

Just reading through the character creation chapter of the Sidereals book, and I want to be sure I'm getting something right: does it cost 2 bonus points to get a Background/Advantage up to 4, or 4 bonus points?

Exalted Character Creation
(pp. 73-85)
The following adjustments should be made for the creation
of Exalted characters. These changes apply in whole to Solar,
Abyssal and Infernal Exalted. Those marked by an asterisk also
apply to Dragon-Blooded, Lunar, Sidereal and Alchemical Exalted
character creation.
• Players may raise any of their character’s Abilities to five
without spending bonus points.
• Players receive four specialties to distribute amongst their
character’s Abilities.*
• Virtue dots may be purchased for 1 bonus point each.
However, Willpower is calculated independently of Virtues.*
• Characters begin with Willpower rated at 5. Willpower
may be increased at a cost of 1 bonus point per dot.*
• Characters may start with (Willpower + Compassion) Intimacies
without spending bonus points.*
• When selecting Charms, players no longer need to choose
at least five Charms from Caste or Favored abilities. The character
may start with any ten Charms she meets the prerequisites
for.
• Charms cost 4 bonus points, or 3 if they come from a Caste
or Favored Ability.
• Players receive 18 bonus points at character creation.*

I was also under the impression that merit costs were unchanged in the errata. Solaroids had the BP cost for abilities going above 3 removed, but that's the only similar thing I see in the errata. Generally everyone pays 2 BP for merit dots above 3, or 4 BP per dot above 3 in special circumstances.

I'm missing something obvious here. I don't see anything in that list related to backgrounds/merits/whatever they're called.

Well, if not, I will house rule it to be just 1 point to raise them up past three. No need to spend extra.

For some reason, I was thinking you were talking about Abilities. Brain fart on my part.

Just to make sure, we still have to spend BP on merits above 3 i.e. we can't spend starting background points on them?

Just to make sure, we still have to spend BP on merits above 3 i.e. we can't spend starting background points on them?
I will let you spend background points to raise them above 3; no need to have to dip into your bonus points on that unless you want to.

Sherwood Sherwood what are good ways to get hearthstone sockets? I don't need weapons, can't use armour, and hearthstone amulets seem a boring waste of an artifact dot. Skin mount amulets are expensive but kind of nice if you're buying a 5 dot hearthstone. I feel like I need that 3e Lunar Charm that lets you just slot 4 hearthstones anywhere you like in your skin.

Sherwood Sherwood what are good ways to get hearthstone sockets? I don't need weapons, can't use armour, and hearthstone amulets seem a boring waste of an artifact dot. Skin mount amulets are expensive but kind of nice if you're buying a 5 dot hearthstone. I feel like I need that 3e Lunar Charm that lets you just slot 4 hearthstones anywhere you like in your skin.
There are bracers and a tiara. They give some little bonuses as well as a socket for hearthstones.

I am thinking that I will house rule that you guys will have access to items that have hearthstone sockets in them. Like the IRA and the PKBs. Both of them will have a socket (the Bracers will have one in each). That is one thing in 3e that I like; more items that list having sockets in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back