• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝔼𝕦𝕔𝕝𝕚𝕕 | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Cassandra Macias

Location: Helias State Mention: narwhal. narwhal. (Kiefer) RoninN7 RoninN7 (Emma) Interacting: Open

Cassandra was aware that her dress was too revealing. It hugged her figure in all the right places, the black velvet cloth contrasting her pale skin. It almost made her look ghostly yet luminescent under the chandelier lights. This was one of those rare moments where she felt like a woman rather than a killing machine. She didn’t know which she prefers more of the two.

She brought a glass of champagne up to her ruby lips, her pinkie extending just to give the illusion that she knew what proper etiquette was. This was what fascinated her about the Farlans. Grace and bloodlust coursed through their bodies, yet they act so civil even though they wear their sins like how a king would wear his crown. She wanted to be like them, fine as silk but sharp like a dagger. How could they be both of those things? There were many things Cassandra can’t yet fully understand, she was once a human after all. She wasn’t born into a family that served blood for dinner. And even though she tried so hard to bury her conscience, to forget it even exists, it somehow comes back to strangle her in the middle of the night. A reminder that a part of her humanity was still there.

Her eyes roamed around the ballroom, absorbing her surroundings. The place was lively, people were either dancing, immersed in conversations or anxious that anything might happen in a split second. She couldn’t blame the latter, it was dangerous to have all of the gangs in the same place. This “fun” masquerade party could turn into a bloodbath in a blink of an eye and if that happens, she’s ready. Cassandra felt the weight of her two daggers on both of her legs, hidden under layers of cloth. She chuckled to herself. Since when was the time she was separated from her daggers? There was no answer because they never left her side in the first place.

Even though she liked being in the corner and observing others, she craved interaction. She searched for someone she recognizes but most of them were occupied so Cassandra just made her way to refill her glass. Might as well enjoy the alcohol. She knew better than to get drunk especially at an event like this, but would it really be so bad to let loose every once in a while?

The guests looked ecstatic, they were like glittering diamonds and she was a moissanite among them. She spotted Kiefer and Emma talking by the balcony. They were clearly enjoying themselves. Her lips curled into a sneer. Those two never really made it into her good side, especially that flamboyant underboss. The way he handled himself screamed privilege and it irritated her. She wondered why Niklaus made him the underboss but stopped herself. Of course he would have a high rank in the coven, an Andreassen always get the nicer things.

In the far corner of the room, away from everyone, Cassandra sipped her champagne in distaste.

Last edited:
Carver Lee
Carver watched the people from his position, holding a glass that contained a liquid which was difficult not to finish on the spot. It was a strange thing for him to show restraint for once in his life, especially in such a potentially volatile situation. He'd usually be the first person to relish in such an opportunity and drink the alcohol down and allow himself to fight his way through the chaos, sometimes even inciting it, but this was different. This time, everything he held dear was at stake and everyone around him was at stake, and there were very powerful people who held the fates of Carver and everyone around him in their hands. Despite not being much of a control freak most of the time, in this situation, Carver truly hated not being in control. Since there wasn't much he could do about it, he sighed loudly and took another sip of his drink, letting everything around him flood his senses and give him the inputs he needed to understand his surroundings as much as possible.

"Hey, Mr. Lee, you're looking awfully bored there, why don't you help yourself to more of your drink? Maybe you could pretend to like the people here and talk to someone." A voice cut through all the others as his earpiece began transmitting sound into Carver's ear, it was one of his men who Carver took no time to locate in the crowd. As the capo's gaze found the underling responsible for these words, the man gave a quick salute with two fingers on the side of his forehead toward Carver. Laughter made its way out through Carver's lips as he lightly pressed his earpiece, keeping his eyes on the man who'd spoken to him. "I would if I could. Besides, don't you have your own drink to worry about?" A small chuckle made its way into Carver's ear once more as his underling gave him a quick reply. "Yes, Mr. Lee, I do indeed. Just try to enjoy yourself a little more, or pretend to at least." Carver almost rolled his eyes, which no one would have caught anyway due to his mask. "Noted. Parties are fun, but remember why we're here. I don't want to find you in a sorry drunken state later on." With that, the line went silent and Carver turned his attention back to the crowd around him.

That was when he spotted a peculiar figure making its way toward him. It was a female, shorter than him, with a certain air about her. There was no mistaking who it was: his fellow capo, Seonhee. Carver wasn't particularly thrilled to see her at that moment and even less to talk to her, which he assumed he'd have to do since she would inevitably cross paths with him. It wasn't that he hated her in any way, or that she made him feel uncomfortable, but he knew what she thought of him and didn't know exactly what words she'd have prepared for him at that moment. All he could do was hope that she hadn't sought him out to attack him in any way, though it seemed, in more recent times, as though she had been changing how she felt about him. Carver hoped his read on her was correct and that she was coming around, which would certainly, he hoped, lead to a fruitful and productive relationship since they were both capos and allies. Once she reached him, Carver heard her words and almost tensed up, detecting clear stiffness and a nearly cold tone to her voice. Despite this, he knew it would be in his best interest to at least try to have a civil conversation with his fellow capo.

"Well, I'm happy to see you too," he quipped, mild annoyance and very faint playfulness in his tone. "Things are quiet around here. Nothing too important has happened... yet," he added as he fully turned his head toward her and gave Seonhee his full attention, "how about you? Anything interesting going on with you or your guys here?" With the initial interaction not going as badly as Carver anticipated, he allowed himself to somewhat relax and try to speak with her normally. While his tone wasn't entirely friendly, it wasn't offputting or standoff-ish in any way either. The words of his underling rang in his memory once more, and Carver decided that if he was going to be stuck in that ticking timebomb all night, he might as well have some company.

Dream
www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/787496684820858284/
Interactions: Open
Outfit: X X X X X

A deep breath can solve everything; that is what his mother said. The idea that this could all fall apart and an all out battle could occur was the worst thing that could happen but the best thing could be peace. Perhaps the Helias' Wiljays' and Farlan's could work things out and their wouldn't be anymore turf wars. He could go back to being at his club away from business ventures, manipulation of the enemy and violence against threats. That would be amazing. He sighed; as if that could ever happen. He just had to breathe and make his way through it. He wanted to be happy for the occasion. He liked great. It was time he found his way into the light of the ballroom.

As he entered the ballroom, many high level players could be seen. Dream hadn't seen anything like this in many years. It worried him but he had to hold his nerve. Liquid courage would help. He knew this and so with a wave of his left hand, a cocktail began to be generated. Purple smoke and white sparks revealed a classy Cosmopolitan whilst the ends of his pink hair spiked up more as the excess magical energy rushed back to his head. A single sip of the blushing red liquid satisfied his taste buds. Tonight would be fine. He wouldn't have to worry. Hopefully some other Capos were here so he could relate to someone easier or perhaps the boss or underboss would be open for a conversation. It was unlikely but Dream wanted to not be alone here. His eyes softened. He needed to be open for a conversation, not antagonistic. He stood up straight and let his Cosmopolitan float on a purple smoke cloud in the air. He clasped his hands together in front of himself and decided to let his wings be visible along with a very innocent smile as a sign of trustworthiness. He was alone but looking like he was now was bound to grab attention.

Drusilla Farlan
Location: Helias Estate // Interactions: Peter Schell (@Psychonaut)
A swirl of the champagne clasped in lightly tanned hands. A glance back at the door. Slowly, the human was picking up on small mannerisms, painting a portrait of careful nonchalance. It was a facade she herself used often. With a small, grim smile, Drusilla trailed Peter's vision with amused eyes. It's for the best, she thought, he'll get eaten alive otherwise. As she took another sip of her drink, she clipped her nails on the glass. I may not be the most courteous when it comes to humans, but there are certainly vampires and wolves worse than myself.

With Peter's question, Drusilla hmmed slightly. "Well, it's not bad, per se…." the vampire scratched her arm with a long red nail, "there's just… tension. That's probably a good word for it."

And she was certainly not exaggerating. The back-and-forth needless violence was getting to everyone, from the leaders of the Devil's Children, down to the lowest works of the gangs. Especially bad was the ongoing rivalry with Helias. Drusilla honestly just wished it would end already. It certainly didn't help that she and her husband didn't particularly agree on the matter.

"Specifically, there are certain gangs in this town that don't particularly get along." She addressed Peter with what she hoped was a reassuring smile, although she was never quite sure if she pulled it off. Well, it never hurt to try. "It's best to avoid getting in the middle of such a mess." But now that she thought about it, how likely was it that the Schells were completely neutral? Not very, Drusilla thought. She raised an eyebrow, "Unless your family is allianced with one of the groups?" She was genuinely curious; Drusilla hadn't really heard of the Schell family before. Although, she wasn't positive that he would tell her even if they were in line with another group. Hell, she didn't even know if he knew what gangs resided in Euclid.

Miikaelus
Mood: Whimsical, and hungry
Interactions: Open
With: Jake, his NPC bloodbag

The party had already started, but here Mike was, tying his necktie. The room was quiet, besides the piano in the other room being played by his current bloodbag, Jake. He stared at himself in the mirror. He wore a black suit with gold accents. (x). He admired the gold. It was the first time he wore this, and it was one-of-a-kind. He had it custom made by the most expensive tailor on the planet, and it was worth it to him. It was an investment, and it would grab people's attention. He straightened his tie and jacket and put on his most expensive gold watch (x) and gold ring (x) on his left hand. He took one last look, running his fingers through his hair. He put his keys to his amazingly expensive lambo (x) (also yes I know I'm being extra sorry not sorry) into his pocket, turning to leave the room. He opened his door, and his servant greeted him with his mask. He didn't want to wear it at first. He was very proud of his face, as well as his vampiric heritage. However, he settled for a gold mask (x). Gold. So much, but he's always lived around it. It's a part of him. He tied the mask around his head, and then followed the sound of the beautiful piano music. As he got closer, he smelled the lavender incense Jake liked. He enjoyed it himself, so he bought a lot just for him. A lot of people would think that he was in a relationship with Jake, but that's far from the case. They just had a bit of a friends with benefits relationship. Those benefits including blood. Jake also wanted to become a vampire, but Mike didn't want to give it to him. He doesn't wish it on many people... Except for a few guys he falls in love with. He nodded at his guard, and he followed shortly behind. He entered the room, and there Jake was, his slender fingers gliding across the smooth keys gracefully. He smiled and knocked on the door frame. The music halted, and Jake turned. He wore a regular tuxedo, and his mask rested on his hair (x). Mike extended his hand, bowing a bit. Jake took the offered hand and stood up next to him. The bandage on the shorter human male's neck was pretty noticeable, but that didn't matter. Mike walked to the door, his guard and bloodbag just behind him. He opened the front door, and the guard locked the door nice and tight. He pulled out his keys and unlocked the car, opening the passenger side for Jake to enter. He closed the door behind him, and then walked to the front door. His guard was already in the car in front of him. He situated himself into the seat, and then he started the car up. He turned on the radio, and P!atD started playing.

When they arrived, a couple of valets opened the doors and took the car to the parking, and the duo and their guard began walking up the steps. He smiled and shook hands with a few people he recognized on the way in. When he got inside, the aroma of perfume, cologne, food, and supernatural filled his nostrils. He could hear the many heartbeats of the mortals. From the corner of his eye he saw the sparkle of glitter, and he turned his head. He chuckled. He whispered to Jake "I can already sense all of the supernaturals. You know many of my comrades hate the werewolves, but... I've never had a problem with them. In fact, once I helped out a group of werewolves." He didn't care to elaborate more, so he walked over and grabbed two glasses of champagne. He handed one to Jake, and he offered some cheers. The glasses clinked, and Mike downed the whole glass at once. You can't blame him... He was compensating for the thirst of blood after smelling and hearing the blood pumping through everyone's veins. He walked up to a servant. His eyes flashed, and he activated his 'charm'. "Listen. I know somewhere back there you have some hard liquor. I need some whiskey. The strongest you got." The servant blinked, and then there was a blank stare. He nodded and walked away. Shortly after he was handed a flask. 'Not what I was expecting, but I'll take it', he thought. he took a swig, and felt the faint burn slide down his throat. He offered it to Jake, and he shook his head. He walked into what seemed to be the living room, and he took an empty seat. Jake sat beside him. "Not even sure why I came... Not like I can be in this stupid meeting. All this is doing is giving me an appetite.

codedbycrucialstar | pastebin: x

Last edited:
Magus Wiljay
Interaction: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy

Magus was ready almost instantly. He had grown rathebrdependent on his powers even when getting dressed. He stood in front of the floor length mirror and watched as his naked body magically became clad in a very expensive looking Italian suit. Versace himself would be proud. Four holes were left in the suit so that his wings could fit. Magus was quite proud of his Fae heritage and always wore his wings out and using his reality augmentation he makes so that it looks as if his full fledged wings were on display for the world. He look one last look in the mirror and smiled winking a cyan eye at himself. As he headed out the door a servant gifted him a jewel encrusted mask with a stone of each color to match his prismatic wings. “Thank you Sandra” he said politely as he made his way to the car.

The ride was short,his apartment wasn’t all that far form the Helias’ mansion. He stepped out the car greeted by the stares of those enchanted by the beauty of his wings. Smiling knowingly he sashayed into the venue picking up a champagne flute from a nearby waiter. He surveyed the room quickly;spotting princess and prince willjay, a few farlan Capos,Queen Farlan and of course the place was crawling with Helias. A figure caught his eye,he looked bored and for some reason s human was following him aroudn. Quickly Magus dedeuced that he was of the Farlan clan and that human was a mobile bloodbank. “Party” Magus quipped and made his way over. “Talk about meals on wheels” he chimed in with his melodic voice. “You vampires put new meaning to the word fast food.” He teased fluttering his wings slightly,pleased with their refraction of the light.

Miikaelus
Mood: Slightly Irritated
Interactions: Angel Evans Angel Evans
With: Jake

Mike was pretty offended when the Faerie cracked that joke. Jake was far from just being a blood bag. But he gave the man the benefit of the doubt, as he doesn't know any better. Jake, however, got furious. However, he kept quiet, as he didn't wan't to embarrass Mike by making a scene. "Well, let me clarify. This is Jake Stewart, he is a very good friend of mine. I am Miikaelus, but you can call me Mike. Judging by your scent and, well, the wings you so love to flaunt, I would assume you are of Fae descent?" Mike asked. Don't get me wrong, Mike finds this man attractive, to say the most. However, he'd have to pull a very good trick from his sleeve to make them forget about the fast food remark. Jake tapped Mike's elbow, signalling he would be right back, and he left for the bar. You could assume that he would then begin to stuff his face full of cheese and water. Mike didn't like to drink from people who drank alcohol. He'd prefer to down alcohol straight from the bottle. Mike's guard kept a watchful eye, staring the Faerie up and down, possibly finding potential weaknesses or threats. After all, he is one of the most skilled bodyguards Mike could find. He was born into a family of cops, and then he was trained in many combat art styles by many trainers, and then he was in the military for 10 years. A plus is that he's a vampire. Of course, Mike could fight his own battles very well, but he was urged by his boss that if he was going to live in his own mansion that he at least have a good bodyguard. Another thing that Mike noticed, is that the Fae smells really good... He often fed off willing faeries in his pass times, as Fae blood was a dangerous delicacy that he was very willing to take advantage of. It's also part of what makes him more powerful, feeding off Fae for so long. Maybe this man would be willing to let Mike tap into his life force? Or maybe not.

[div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"][div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"]
Kiefer Andreassen
Interaction(s): RoninN7 RoninN7

“Speaking of, it has been a while since we have conversed about this, and it has been even longer since we have gotten the chance to work together.” Oh? Tipping his head to the side so that his sharp - but currently softened - gaze could meet those of Emma, Kiefer found himself quirking a brow once again, both humorously and inquisitively. The capo’s words took him back to a different time and place, albeit brief, and the vampire found himself listening to her following words more closely, curious to hear what she would say next. She was referring a particular time, he knew - a time that had significantly changed the direction of their perspective of one another. It was possibly why they were able to speak the way they were now, in a way that juxtaposed their reputation at work. The unwarranted sight of fire flashed past his eyes, followed by smoke which plumed upwards to the dark sky. "Are you all right? Never mind that, what the hell were you thinking?" He remembered saying after ungraciously spitting a string of curses. Contrasting the harshness of his words, the worried expression in his eyes and on his lips had been an honest reflection of how he had felt at the time (perhaps one of the most honest he'd been in his prolonged life). At the sound of Emma's voice, he was lead away from the specific occurrence and brought back to their current situation.

“Even though things did not always go as smoothly as we would have hoped, it was rather fun to get to work with my boss. People do not often get the chance to show their own boss how work is done.” He hadn’t expected Emma of all individuals to say these very words. Now, completely taken away from his memory of the past, Kiefer found a rather hearty laugh escaping his lips upon sighting her toothy grin alongside the color on her cheeks. Running his fingers through his hair, the lean vampire’s lips curled so that the tip of his fangs could be seen. He noted how she was searching his face, gauging his response. “Emma, you wound me,” he said, feigning hurt. His eyes reflected the amusement that hers revealed as he leaned back so that he could rest his palms on the ledge. The light and shadow on his cheeks and jawline shifted with his movements, settling over his pale and loose curls when he theatrically placed a the back of his hand on his forehead. "But I suppose it's true that I, the great Kiefer, have been shown the way." God, it suddenly struck Kiefer that he hadn't laughed like this in a long while. With the amount of work they had been given the past month or so, Kiefer had only been able to exchange small quips with his men and those he had occasionally run into while carrying out his tasks. He hadn't had the chance to feel like he did now, at a time when he had least expected it.

Though he knew that it would end up being a short-lived moment, Kiefer appreciated it more than he knew he would ever admit. Even he had almost not fully comprehended the fact that he had let himself feel at ease; the lean vampire hadn't been shadowed by formal addresses, rigid labels, calculated responses, and polished smiles. His reactions had been surprisingly spontaneous, different from the superficial demeanor that encircled him upon the first few inspections of his character. "So, boss," he started, "What now?" Kiefer rested his chin on his propped up hand while the playful glimmer in his gaze lingered. He had shifted his position so that he was turned towards the capo, indicating that most of his attention was dedicated to their conversation. A good portion of it concentrated on the movements out of the corner of his eye and the rush of the 'celebration' indoors. Despite the loosening tension in his shoulders, he was ready to move if something were to go amiss. "I'd love to extend this intermission outdoors, but perhaps it would be in our best interest to move inside once again. Unless, of course, you have something else in mind?"

[/div][/div]
- - - - -​
[div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"][div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"]
Seonhee Im
Interaction(s): RoninN7 RoninN7

"Well, I'm happy to see you too." Seonhee blinked once, then twice. Her brown eyes narrowed, embodying what resembled subtle confusion and hesitance. Was that a note of playfulness she detected in Carver Lee's voice? "Things are quiet around here. Nothing too important has happened... yet." The lean capo stood for a moment, observing the strong lines of his features and searched his pale, blue eyes. Much to the slight and involuntary amusement that flickered through her, the taller capo looked as if he had summoned a rainstorm in a desert with that quip. Normally, had this been coming from Hotchka or Junsu or any of her men, she would have covered the slightest tug of her lips with a nonchalant turn of her head. With Carver, however, Seonhee simply crossed her arms over her chest, though her stern expression expressed no animosity. I wouldn't say that this is quiet, she could have said, reflecting his pleasantry with her own. The memory of their first encounter pressed the jovial chance down in her head. She had not been able to forget what had happened that day. The pungent smell of blood, the pair of calculative eyes, and the utterly stable voice - it had been engraved across her vision, a perpetual image that would not allow her to completely expel her conflicting feelings quite yet.

In a way, buried down in her consciousness, she was afraid to let the small voice in her head take over, to think of the possibility that perhaps her uncertainty was not truly directed at his recklessness, but rather at the fact that the event had been a peculiar reflection of her own inner desire. Deep down, just as how she struggled to to balance immorality and what little morality she had left in the face of the underworld, the capo strained to uphold the weight of tradition and her obedience to its unyielding demands. Her slow, inkling trust towards Carver and his methods in particular countered what she had been raised to believe. And, whether she liked it or not, Seonhee discreetly ached to both repel and accept this newfound recognition, not that she would admit that to anyone any time soon. Pursing her lips, she internally shrugged off the odd feeling that clung at her sides. Her emotions about this would remain utterly silenced. Still, after eyeing Carver for a second longer, Seonhee let one of her hands rest on her hip while the other remained by her side, different from the guarded position they had been intwined in a moment ago.

The stoic werewolf could sense that the other mafioso was giving her his full attention while relaxing, if only a little. He was genuinely trying to communicate with her, and that detail did not slip past her. Perhaps this would be a chance to remedy any possible misconception she had of Carver as an individual. Though their introduction to one another had left little room for understanding, bumping into him often and occasionally spotting his exchanges with his men had slowly lead her to see him differently from the previous conceptions that had been planted in her mind. "How about you? Anything interesting going on with you or your guys here?"

After a heartbeat, her brown eyes glided over the celebration when she said: "Nothing too important has happened for us, either." With another small pause, the capo then added a quiet "yet" at the end.
A tiny but demanding voice in her head, one that she had adopted in her youth, still whispered repetitively that there was never room for second chances. As she raked a hand through her dark hair, Seonhee repressed it and kept it locked away to the best of her ability. For now, she would follow her own inclinations and not those that had been forced on her. She wanted to see for herself, even if she was only permitted to for a little amount of time. And, she thought while resting her hand on her head, if by any chance she had not given her fellow capo any in the first place, then could this really be called a second chance? Noting the empty glass in his hand, Seonhee's brown eyes soon met those of Carver. While it was still subtly cautious and distanced, her steely gaze had softened to a degree. "Can I get you another drink?"

[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Shin Ku
Location: Helias Ballroom | Interacting: Dream ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx )

It took every bit of Shin's willpower not to follow the Wiljay family around like a lost puppy. There were just so many potential threats here that he was on a constant edge, his eyes scanning the faces of the people around him. Most were supernatural--he could tell by their scent--but there were a few humans who were either famous or professional businessmen. Or, at the very least, they were supposed to be. Not that he had anything really against humans, of course; he liked to think he was beyond such prejudice. Still, there was no denying the threat they posed to the family's safety.

Grinding his teeth to resist glaring at everyone nearby, Shin helped himself to the fae delicacies. They weren't bad, which made him think Helias had hired a faerie who wasn't with Wiljay to cater to the party. Surely there were no other ways werewolves could get the flavors right. Unless mutts were better cooks than he thought, but the idea was fleeting.

After eating more than enough to probably make himself sick, Shin let himself turn back from the table to face the ballroom guests again. He definitely felt out of place, his plain black suit and tie somehow thrifty in comparison to the extravagant outfits of the others near him. This bothered him especially considering how much it had cost him to get this suit tailored to fit.

While he mulled over how he should've never spent money on a tacky suit, someone caught his eye. Dream, a fellow Wiljay capo. The familiar face hidden under a mask wasn't the only thing that dragged him over. It was the drink floating beside him and the wings that shimmered so beautifully in the low light that prompted Shin to greet him.

"Hey," he said casually, trying not to let his jaw hang open for too long. In his opinion, his own wings weren't something to be proud of. He found them ugly. But Dream's? He hated to admit just how breathtaking and eye-catching they were. In any case, it was likely some company was all Dream was after; Shin knew just how manipulative his fellow capo could be. A part of him was mad at himself for giving in, but damn, was Dream's methods working. "Shall I stroke your ego and tell you how beautiful your wings are, or are you just looking for someone to talk to?"

To be honest, he desired the same. Without someone to keep him distracted, it was only a matter of time before he took off and tracked down the Wiljay children. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that they'd be annoyed by that. He was well aware that they probably desired some space considering how often he chased them around, watching their every move. Still, he couldn't help how overprotective he was. The Wiljays had done so much for him. His servitude and defense felt like the only suitable way to repay them.

Last edited:
Kirin Helias
[ location: ballroom, then bedroom, then back to ballroom ] [ interacting with: Xian Kipsy Kipsy and Mei deianeira deianeira , then Magus Angel Evans Angel Evans and Miikaelus Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy ]

While waiting for a response from each of his siblings, Kirin glanced around the room, noticing everyone in their masks. It was easy to tell who everyone was. Well, kind of. Since the masks were on, who they actually were was hard to tell, but he could easily identify their species by scent. The Wiljay fae tended to smell sweet to him while the Farlan vampires smelled like ice and blood, kind of. He definitely was not a fan of the latter scent.

He reached up to brush his fingers over his own mask, only to come in contact with his skin. Cursing, he realized he forgot to actually put the mask on in his haste to get down here. "So, turns out I forgot to actually put the mask on," he chuckled sheepishly, knowing he'd get eye rolls from his siblings. "I'm gonna go put it on. Be back in a second." With that, Kirin turned on his heels and dashed out of the ballroom, up the stairs and into his room. He spotted the black iron mask on his bed and put it on, leaving his room just as quickly as he arrived.

Kirin made his way back into the ballroom intended to make his way back over to his siblings but decided to make a pitstop at the food table. There, he promptly stuffed his face with pieces of fruit. It was then he realized he'd never actually eaten lunch and the only meal he's had all day was breakfast. Oops. Well, at least that explains why he was so hungry. When he was finished the fruit, he grabbed a roll and proceeded to do the same thing he had done with the fruit.

Kirin grabbed a water bottle and took a much needed sip. He was just about to take another when he overheard a conversation between a fae and what appeared to be a vampire. When he heard the fae say 'meals on wheels', Kirin snorted and ended up choking on the water he'd just taken a sip of. He was seized momentarily by a coughing fit but when it finally stopped, he still continued to laugh. "Meals on wheels, I like it," he commented, grabbing another roll and making his way over to the duo. He grinned at the fae, already liking him just because of the comment. "Kind of fitting, actually, since they make humans their walking, living and breathing blood bags," The idea of that disgusted him, and he was sure it showed on his face.

He bit into the roll, chewing and swallowing before rolling his eyes. "You assume he's of fae descent?" he repeated, turning to look at the vampire. "Wow. Amazing assumption. I'm in awe of how you came to that conclusion. You'll have to explain to me how you did it," he deadpanned sarcastically. Obviously this guy was a fae.

"Be careful though, Wiljay," Kirin warned, turning back to Magus, whose name he didn't know just yet. "just because they have humans to be their 'meals on wheels' or 'living blood bags', doesn't mean they won't sink their teeth into the first living thing they come across," he sneered. "Because I know for a fact they will. He'd sink his teeth into you first chance he got."

Last edited:
Dream
Interactions: Shin Kipsy Kipsy
Dream turned his face to meet the chest of Shin, a Capo like him. It had been a while and he was happy to have attracted someone whom he could talk to, especially someone whom he knew. Shin was so tall. It didn't help Dream in the slightest. Being so small had pros and cons. He could never have the shear bodily power as many of his face counterparts. He would sigh if he was alone but he had a person to speak with and he should show respect, after all Shin was older than him.

"It's nice to see you too, Shin," he smiled looking at him in the eyes, fondly. "Thanks for coming over. Any company is better than no company even the enemy." He let out a subtle laugh at his own comment and Shin's attitude. The fae didn't need to compliment him. Dream was aware of his power and the knowledge that it was working was all that he needed. "And these old things," he questioned gesturing at his wings, "Just something I came up with. How are you? It's been a while since I've seen you on my side of town. Nothing too messy I hope."

By his side of town, he was referring to the street in which the Winkz club settled but as the most powerful Wiljay in the area, he considered it his part of town. Not many people showed up who weren't regulars. He received the odd engagement-slash-soontobemarried party or group of business executives but nothing too major. Still, they were good tippers so it didn't matter. As for other Wiljays', he tried not to keep track of whom he sees saundering passed the bouncer and into his domain. It would be strange if he did. Nevertheless, he'd like to know everything about the adventures of all his fellow Wiljays' if it wasn't for the stress he was under. He needed to make sure he wasn't being a bad Capo. Mischief, illusions and manipulation couldn't solve everything. He needed to dedicate himself to protecting the Wiljays' at whatever cost, magical or otherwise.

Amber Nox

Location: Helias Estate | Interactions: RoninN7 RoninN7 (Carver), Kipsy Kipsy (Xian), narwhal. narwhal. (Seonhee Im), deianeira deianeira (Mei-yin)
Outfit: She has styled her hair to be slightly curly but in a low twist. Dress Mask

It had been an interesting week since the announcement of the masquerade. Everyone was given orders, responsibilities, and plans to adhere to since the true intention of the masquerade was to host a meeting. Everyone has been spending their time preparing positions, signals, conversations, decorations, catering and all things that were necessary for a party or may be useful in the event things go awry. Amber had made her preparations and things were settled with a day to spare. She took pride in this, knowing that since she had only joined the pack just over 3 months ago but is still capable of keeping up and performing well. Her crew knew their roles, signals were created and routines were set. The final task that had to be completed in the last 24 hours was to get everyone to look the part. With that in mind, Amber took the four top members of her crew to help pick out attire. Amber picked out a silver dress with matching mask that the group agreed upon while Jax, Leo, Vi, and Cass each picked an outfit of similar coloring to match. They decided that the few other underlings would wear matching suits and dresses as they would be posing as servers or security at the party.

The time was upon them and the estate was flooded with supernaturals and humans alike. Amber had given her instructions to everyone one last time before entering the crowded ballroom. Things were lively, it seemed, for the humans at least. Amber's responsibility tonight was to keep an eye out for any members of other factions who were acting disrespectfully or who seemed to be a threat to the peace of the party. Protection was left to the other capos, which gave Amber a bit more freedom with her people. Taking advantage of home turf, Jax and Cass would casually patrol the upper floor and balconies while Leo and Vi would patrol in the opposite direction inside.

Amber was constantly being fed information silently from her crew and so far things were seemingly going well. Amber had been on the dance floor with a majority of humans as she scouted the area. Moving from one partner to the other in casual, smooth movements, it was easy to survey the area from multiple angles. In one very still spot of the ballroom floor stood the other capos, Carver and Seonhee Im, who oddly were having civil conversation. It is the essential to be on our best behavior. Time to seize the moment. Amber lifted her mask to rest on her forehead, grabbed a few drinks off of the tray of one of her underlings, and gracefully yet playfully offered one to each of her fellow capos with a bright smile and a slight raise of her eyebrow. “I see a truce is not only between the factions tonight. We're working but you are allowed to live a little. It would not look good for us to not enjoy our own party, at least slightly, don't you think?” She nodded toward the children. “I'll mention it to them as well.” She quickly turned to leave but casually looked back for a quick comment via a spin. “Note that a few 'guests' are unattended.” The comment was finished with a small gesture toward Kirin, who was speaking to powerful people on his own. Thankfully Leo brought her attention to it and she knew it was best to make them aware. Amber hoped that her familiar and comfortable tone with the others has come off well and not entirely blown her cover. She wasn't sure how she was seen by her fellow capos but respected them and appreciated them more than they may or may not know.

As quickly as she appeared, she stepped back into the dancing crowd until she moved right up to Xian and Mei-yin. After taking a small breath and removing her mask to stop it from falling, “I know this isn't ideal but would either of you two like to dance with me?” She flashed a quick wink at Xian, being fully aware that he would want nothing to do with leaving the corner. Amber mainly made the offer for Mei-yin to do something fun since this atmosphere is right up here alley. She's tried multiple times to bond with the boss' kids and it seems that she has clearly understood the larger portions of their personalities and they have realized that she does her best to keep their intentions as priority. “I think our image of being here is just as important as enjoying it. Just enjoy it in the ways you want.”

Last edited:
[div class=mainCon][div class=header]Ashley Vandreg Wiljay[/div][/div]​
[div class=mainCon][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textWrap]It had taken Ashley and Aquaria longer than expected to get ready but eventually they where ready. Standing outside by a limo she checked the time on her phone before giggling a little. “Baby come on we are gonna be late!!” She called back to the front door of the massive house. Gently running a hand through her hair a little as she looked around the property. As soon as Aquaria joined her out side they hopped into the limo. Smiling softly as they rode through town to the party. The closer they got the colder Ashley’s look grew till they where there. Stepping out of the car once it was parked Ashley instantly reached back for her wife’s hand to help her out. Of the car. Once that task had been accomplished she smiled just slightly at her. Holding her arm out for Aquaria to wrap her arm around before they headed inside together. Slipping the mask on at the door she sighed just a little. “What’s a party if it isn’t thrown by enemies.” She whispered to herself as they entered the main room.

Taking a scan of the crowd with a content look, taking note of the others of her group that where there her kids more specifically, eyeing each one for a little to make sure they where alright and no one was doing anything suspicious. Yes it was widely known not to even think of messing with her kids but still, she knew some people liked to... test those limits. Still she knew. Either way they would suffer if crossing that line, and it was a simple fact. Looking to Aquaria she smiled just slightly before leaning in and kissing her cheek. “I’m guessing the meetings already started to I’m gonna head to it. Feel free to join if you want baby.” She said softly to her as she slipped from Aquarias grasp after giving her the option to join. She knew it probably wasn’t the best to have aquaria with her but still, she liked having her around. Making her way from there spot through the building she soon found where the meeting was and stepped in. Instantly seeing the vampire and the werwolf she sent them both a cold nod. “Gentlemen.” She said simply as she took a seat to the Right of the head of the table. Then she looked to the one everyone suspected. It wasn’t an everyday occourance for a thing like this to happen. 4 of the biggest bosses to be in one room “peacefully” with one of them suspected of taking from the other three. It was hot to say the least, the tension was almost unbearable. She wouldn’t say the vampire and werewolf scared her, but they where very very present threats that she couldn’t ignore, the human tho was the focus of this which was one ease at least. “My apologies for being late to the party. There where a few complications along the way, Traffic mostly.” She said softly to the other three.

16AF1300-C61D-495B-826E-68A48CE4B697.jpegF363AC23-43F5-416E-B7CE-4C2B0A0F7F13.jpeg
[/div][/div][/div][div class=footer]
[div class=mainPic]
[/div][div class=tagBox]Location: Ball-meeting
Interactions: Angel Evans Angel Evans Eliruz Eliruz arabella. arabella.
Mentions: Mint Mint Eliruz Eliruz
[/div][/div][/div]
code by RI.a
[class=mainCon] margin:auto;center; min-width200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; justify-content:center; --color1:#7A3844; --color2:#9b636c; --color3:#ffff; --img1:url('https://i.imgur.com/TGPZi4p.jpg'); background:var(--color1); [/class] [class=contentWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; border-bottom:3px double var(--color2); border-top:3px double var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow-y:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class=textWrap] width:93%; padding:0.8em; font-family:Josefin Slab; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color3); [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:auto; font-family:Fredericka the Great; font-size:3em; color:var(--color3); align-self:flex-start; [/class] [class=footer] width:100%; align-self:flex-end; padding:10px; display:flex; padding-top:10px; align-items:center; [/class] [class=mainPic] flex:1; min-width:150px; height:150px; border-radius:50%; border:1px solid var(--color2); background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-position:center; [/class] [class=tagBox] flex:4; height:auto; padding:10px; font-family:Josefin Slab; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color3); border-top:3px double var(--color2); border-bottom:3px double var(--color2); opacity:0; transition:all 0.75s ease-in; [/class] [class name=tagBox] opacity:1; [/class] [/div][/div]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shin Ku

Location: Helias ballroom | Interacting: Dream ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx )

Shin's smile grew wider with every second. He loved the height difference between him and Dream; it always amused him, mostly because he considered the other capo superior magically. Sure, he had the advantage in physical strength, but he would never be as talented as Dream was when it came down to it. That had taken a lot of willpower and strength to admit to himself, and he was proud that he was able to see his faults and work from there. Magic was where he lacked, considering he had no specific specialty, which was why was currently spending most of his time training. There was always more to learn, after all, and magic flew through all fae equally. At least that's what he believed, anyway.

"No need to thank me," he replied smoothly, "as I'm glad to have company as well." Dream gestured to his wings so casually as if they didn't have any power whatsoever. Shin shook his head, grinning. As Dream continued, Shin began to feel more at ease. Maybe he didn't need to round up the Wiljay children after all. "Oh, about that, I meant to visit more, but I just haven't found the time. Been busy trying to find my magical niche, so to speak. Nothing's come up. It's awfully quiet as of late."

Dream was the only other person in Wiljay besides the boss who he'd told about his lack of a specialization. That was in part due to how good Dream was at getting information out of others, and also just because of how comfortable Shin was around his fellow capo. It was odd since Dream was pretty manipulative, but, for some reason, Shin was fond of him. There was something under that mischievous side that he was not yet privy to, surely.

Pulling himself back out of his thoughts, Shin met Dream's eyes. "How about you? How's the club holding up?"

Xian Helias
Location: Helias ballroom | Interacting: Mei-yin ( deianeira deianeira ), Amber ( iShyShy iShyShy )

Xian nodded as his brother left, but he wasn't really paying attention. His nerves were kicking back in, driving him slightly crazy. Mostly it was due to the idea of spying on his father. The thought gave him adrenaline and he almost wanted to do it out of pure curiosity alone, but he also knew just how much trouble he'd be in if he got caught. Luckily for him, he didn't have much time to think about it, Amber approaching him and his sister and asking one of them to dance.

Surely she knew he wanted to do nothing but stand here in this corner until it was acceptable for him to leave. Xian through a pout her way, as if to say 'really?', but, for a brief moment, he debated it. This was supposed to be a party, after all. Don't people at parties usually enjoy themselves?

Xian had never been fond of dancing, even though he'd been taught to do so properly. Still, it did bring a rush of endorphins with it, as did all exercise. Even though it wasn't as much of a work out as racing his brother and sister in their wolf forms was, it was enough to get the blood pumping. Thus, he enjoyed it to some extent. Maybe...

"Depends on whether you'll let me run and hide again afterward," Xian grumbled, balling his hands into fists by his side. "I don't want to be miserable yet I don't really want to move from this spot, either. I guess you win, though." He paused, glancing cautiously over to his sister. "Unless Mei-yin wants to, instead." If she did--and that was likely--he wouldn't feel so bad about declining Amber's offer.

Elizabeth Tyler
Location: Helias dining room | Interacting: everyone in the dining room

As the last few important people filed in, Elizabeth felt herself holding her breath. She couldn't believe they were all here in the same room and not in the midst of some horrible argument. Hell, she was surprised none of them had tried to kill her yet. She was well aware of what she was here for. It had been a risk from the start, stealing from the biggest mafias in the town. Truthfully, she was glad it had taken as long as it had for them to figure her out.

As the last boss took her seat--a faerie, from the looks of it--Elizabeth cleared her throat. "No worries; we hadn't actually started talking about anything," she began, then paused, wondering if she was out of line. Deciding that she should just suck it up and be brave, she rolled her shoulders and sat back further in her chair. "So, care to tell me what you're going to do? We all know why I'm here. We all know what I did. Will you kill me for it?"

Elizabeth could tell she was pushing her luck, confronting them so boldly. She couldn't really help it, though. She needed to know where they stood and why she was here. They could've just tried assassinating her if they really wanted her dead. So what? Was there more to it than that? Or did they just want to make it a public execution? If it was, she came prepared. They'd have to try hard to take him down, considering their surroundings.

"I don't mean to sound confident, but this doesn't seem like the kind of even you'd throw if you were planning on murdering me," Elizabeth continued. "So what am I doing here?" She wondered if they were going to ask for her to return the money. That wasn't possible, since it was already spent, but there were ways she could work around that if need be. Did they want some sort of truce? She could potentially accept if it came with time restraints considering how much longer Expera needed to wait and build up numbers before they could accomplishing anything worthwhile. Whatever the case may be, her goal was to get out of here unscathed and with her group intact. If she could maintain her current reputation, too, that'd be great.

Miikaelus
Mood: Very irritated
Interactions: Angel Evans Angel Evans erised erised
With: Jake

Mike was gagging mentally at this point. I mean, seriously. First one Faerie came over and made Jake feel like shit, and then another came and piled it on. In his mind, he was ripping their throats out, but of course he was in a public place. He sighed. "It's just so original. Calling any human that a vampire hangs around with a blood bag. You think it hurts me? I thought Faeries were supposed to be more friendly with humans, and yet you hurt their feelings like that. I have never had anything against the Fae, in fact I collaborated with many in my many years. However, this attitude? That's something less Faerie than what I know. Now as for sinking my teeth into you at any chance? Consent is something that is very important to me. You know that to vampires, Fae blood is a delicacy, but again, I would never, and I mean ever, make one move to hurt you. That is what makes me more noble than you. I care less about appearance and feeling better about myself, and more on continuing the flow of life. Of course, that's ironic for us supernaturals, but that's besides the point. The point is, my friend just walked that way, so I'm gonna join him. You two have a great night." He smiled and flashed his red eyes, and then walked toward the bar. You could tell Jake wasn't happy about being reduced to a bag of blood. "Is that what I am to you, Mike?" He shook his head and took Jake into his arms. "I'd never." He whispered gently.

Edit: I forgot Kirin was a wolf, so just yeah

Last edited:
Akeno Helias
Helias Estate| Kipsy Kipsy Angel Evans Angel Evans Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
As the male looked up from the awkward silence of the room, he found the Fae leader making her way in; all leaders were quite dressed up for the occasion, which didn't surprise Akeno. All leaders wanted to look bold and confident, to give no reason to have anyone assume weakness from their boss. Twisting around in his chair, Akeno gave a welcoming smile and motioned for the Fae to have a seat. "Thank you for joining us, Mrs. Wiljay." The wolfish leader tilted his head in acknowledgement before allowing his gaze to snap towards the human who so cockily began speaking, which was definitely a bad idea, seeing how she was heavily outnumbered within a room of supernaturals. He inhaled sharply and masked his irritation with a faint smile.

"We wish to solve this without violence, ma'am. I think I can speak on behalf of the Helias pack and say that we only want compromise." His voice held a level of sincerity yet he wasn't entirely sure that the other leaders would respond the same way, seeing how each leader with-held a different temper and attitude towards the whole situation. "You see, it was either we hold this and come to a compromise so nobody gets hurt or we started a whole new war between eachother over a silly matter that could be solved right here and now with a few simple decisions." Eying all three of the leaders, he leaned back in his chair and tugged at his tie.

Aerwyna Wiljay
Helias Estate| Nico Nico Angel Evans Angel Evans

The fae heard footsteps behind her but she just continued to walk, anxiety rising within her chest; Aerwyna always hated large crowds yet she agreed to go with her family to this..overbearing gathering! She just didn't understand why she had to be there, seeing how her older sister was the heir to holding the reigns of power. Shaking her head, she grabbed a hold of the crystal knob and twisted it, allowing her body weight to throw the door open gently. Aer moved out onto the balcony and breathed in the bone-chilling air before turning around to find her younger brother, Florian complaining about how it was so stuffy in the ballroom.

"I guess that makes two of us," she groaned, bringing her wine glass to her lips but froze for a moment, catching sight of a glimpse of refracting light. Her violet eyes narrowed slightly only to find Magnus, her mother's Underboss admiring his wings and talking to a few people. Aerwyna sat there, a bit stunned by his confidence to show off his wings, which were truly beautiful. She shook her head quickly and looked up to her younger brother, a subtle pink blush dusting over her pale complexion. "I..I'm surprised you're not out there, dancing with one of our fae-kin; there are many women and men waiting to dance with the youngest child of the Wiljay bloodline." The fae teased lightly before sipping on her wine, her eyes averting towards Magnus for a brief second and then downward to the trees below.

'What are you even doing? He's an Underboss and way too old! Well, not too old; probably just a hundred years off, but that's still a lot! Who cares? He's out of your ball park anyways. Isn't mother supposed to set you up with an arranged marriage?" As her thoughts began to ensnare eachother, her delicate brows furrowed and her plump lips pressed into a thin line.

Clemantine Grace|Eddie Manchester
Helias Estate|Anyone around
Clem weaved her way through the crowd, her hair moving gracefully behind her and her dress flowing down her slender figure. Many glowing eyes flickered towards the human and began murmuring. Her scent was different than other humans, which caused unease within a group of vampires, their glowing gazes raking over her figure. No bitemarks, no scars, just many freckles and the occasional tiny bruise. Moving through the crowd, she surveyed every face quickly and turned her head, trying to find her mother.

"
Where is she?" The female whispered to herself before bumping straight into a solid chest, hands quickly reaching out and grasping a hold of her waist with tight hands. "Watch where you're going!" Eddie, the man who'd grabbed her, growled out with a piercing gaze. His eyes slowly raked down her figure and a slow smirk rose to his lips. "Well well, the boss never said we got a new snack bag." The soldier chuckled, his eyes flickering back up to the female's frightened eyes. Quickly, Clem grabbed his wrists and brought her leg up, pressing her heel to his chest and sending him backwards into the crowd. She let out a shaky breath and found that most eyes were on her now. Backing up slowly, she tried to push her way through the mass but none of them would budge. Eddie slammed back into a few fae and wolves, who let out hisses and grunts of disdain.

The male shoved himself up and allowed his eyes to swirl with irritation, crimson overpowering their natural green. Blurring forward and grabbing the female, he snarled with frustration. "Get the hell off me!" Clem snapped and sunk her teeth into the male's hand, the liquid trickling into her mouth and dribbling down her scorching throat. The taste surprised her, as it was fruity and delicious yet had a sour tang to it. Eddie grunted loudly in pain and gritted his teeth as the female bit into the webbing of his hand. Grabbing her hair, the male yanked her head back, causing her to release his bloodied hand with a pained yelp. Her natural brown hues began swirling with a reddening glow, which caused Eddie to drop her and wheel back in confusion. ""What the hell?!" He gasped as the female hunched over in pain, her gums feeling as if they were being ripped open. A pained groan left her lips and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"What is happening?!" She hissed out, her body convulsing in agony.

Dream
Interactions: Shin Kipsy Kipsy , OPEN
"I'm sure you'll find something eventually," he started. "It takes time to master a specialty even me. When mine came out if nowhere, I didn't know what it meant. Sure, it led me to becoming a Capo but I really didn't know if that is what I wanted. Not everyone can just wake up and know exactly what life has in store for them. Try new things. You'll get there when the time is right." He smiled reassuringly. He hoped his words could help. Shin was a good guy and didn't deserve to be radiating such negativity.

Specialisation was a difficult subject matter. Some could be hurt by the shear mention of it. Dream had dealt with that first and second hand. He used to be so upset about his manipulation, 'Did it mean that he was a bad person?' he often thought. It took a long time before he was able to say confidently that manipulation was his specialty. It also helped a lot in tricky situations and definitely landed him with some marvellous opportunities like the club being practically given to him.

Speaking of his club, that was a great topic of conversation. He could go on and on about it forever. He would spare some of the less glimmering details for Shin's sake but he was happy to talk about the love of his life. "Oh. Where do I start? Well we had some refurbishings so guests are more comfortable, more hirings and business is really running smoothly. It's the best it's been in a long time and I'm beyond proud of the work we've all been putting in. Come by sometime and there is a drink with your name on it. Speaking of." He stopped and took his Cosmopolitan out of the air before drinking the rest of it. A buzz would be needed for today.

That was when it hit him. It wasn't the alcohol but a series of questions. What would other Wiljays' think of the scenario that they had found them? Also what would the other groups think of the scenario? This is an unusual situation after all. Dream couldn't be the only person questioning the entire meeting, right? He hummed. "So what do you think of all of this," he asked gesturing to the ballroom. "I really think something bad is going to happen. I mean look at everyone!" He began scanning the masked figures around him, slowly diving into negativity. "I barely know the Wiljays' as it is and now I have to get up close and personal with a bunch of vamps and weres that I don't care about. I mean seriously, this is so messed up." He sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't have turned up to this." His eyes looked worried and the cute smile had vanished from his lips. He hoped Shin could help him or at least agree with his feelings.

Kirin Helias
[ location: ballroom ] [ interacting with mike, Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy and then eddie and clementine Eliruz Eliruz ]

"
Well," Kirin began, "why the hell else would you hang around a human?" He figured to get blood was the only reason vampires hung around them. He wore a puzzled expression on his face and then it sunk in. "Wait wait wait," he chuckled, "you think I'm a fae?" he asked in disbelief. "I thought vampires were supposed to have a better sense of smell than that. But I, in fact, am not a fae," His eyes flashed the color of his wolf before going back to their usual hazel. "Now, fae's might be more friendly with humans, but us wolves aren't. We have nothing against them, just don't really hang around them," He himself never had a problem with humans. "Obviously my attitude is less fairy than you'd assume. Probably due to the fact that I'm, I don't know... a wolf?" He didn't say anything regarding the noble comment, though fought off laughter. "Alright, whatever," he chuckled. "Go enjoy the rest of your night with your meals on wheels, Mr. Noble."

Kirin grabbed a cookie from the table and turned to observe his siblings for a second before he planned to join him. Given the expression on his brother's face, and the fact that someone else had joined them, he assumed his brother was just asked to dance. Taking a bite of the cookie, he chuckled to himself and began to walk over to them. Before he got very far, someone slammed into his back. Pissed, Kirin turned, ready to tell this person off.

But then he shut his mouth and watched as the little girl bit the man and then the man responded by throwing her to the floor. He narrowed his eyes, feeling his protective instincts rise up and his wolf threatening to break free. He inhaled deeply, finding out that the man was a vampire and the girl was human, though something was off about her scent. And he didn't know what. But right now, it didn't matter. This vampire just attacked her without reason and now it was time to protect her.

Kirin tossed his cookie aside and put himself between the girl and the man. "I can't believe I'm about to use this expression, but seriously, pick on someone your own size," he growled at Eddie. "She's just a child. A human child at that," He was aware that he himself was only a teenager, but ignored that fact. "Leave her the hell alone," He turned to look back at Clem, noticing how she appeared to be writhing around in agony. He wanted to help her, but had no idea how. He'd definitely call for help, but right now, needed to deal with Eddie. "I know you vampires seem to think and believe otherwise, but not every human that walks this planet is your personal blood bag," he spat, eyes glowing the yellow-orange shade of his pissed off wolf. Kirin could feel his wolf threatening to take over, to shift at any moment, but had to hold him back for the time being. "Your scent is making my eyes water, so get the hell out of my sight."

Clementine Grace|Eddie Manchester
Helias Estate|Eddie, Kirin erised erised , Open
Eddie was shocked to find a young wolf, one that he'd bumped into, stand up to him. His crimson gaze raked over the male and he snorted quietly, though the wolf did smell like offspring of Akeno, the Helias Alpha. His lips pursed together as he thought about what to do next, his brow furrowing. The 15 year-old teen groaned in pain yet managed to shove herself to her feet, her green eyes flickering towards Kirin, her scent shifting slightly to smell similar to her father's "Child? I'm not a child-..!" She protested but was quickly cut off by another wave of pain, her slender figure swaying forward to which she caught herself against the wolf infront of her.

Eddie noticed the change in her scent and immediately looked at her, his eyes piercing hers, a confused look taking over his expression. There was no way she could be Klaus' daughter, but she smelled like him yet there was still a twinge of human within her scent. Clem used a hand to steady herself, her hand tightening on the teen's shoulder. "You've got to be kidding me.." The soldier growled and ran a hand through his hair before lifting his hands in the air. "Then you deal with the mongrel; I'm not having her blood on my hands." With that, Eddie disappeared into the crowd and left Clem in the hands of the teen infront of her. Trying desperately to stay upright, the female tried to move away from Kirin but ended up back on the floor, this time twisting her ankle due to the inexperience with such shoes.

Her body hit the floor with a soft thud and a low groan left her lips. This was definitely causing a scene, and Clem knew things would only get worse if she stayed within these walls. Even through the dizziness and nauseating hunger growing within her, she struggled to her feet, attempting to stand.

Attachments

• Clemantine.jpg
    Clemantine.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Clem Hair.jpg
    Clem Hair.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Emma Bradshaw
Emma immediately noticed a brief, and subtle, shift in Kiefer's facial expression and demeanor as she spoke, and she realized that she had probably unearthed buried memories. She could almost see it herself: the fire, the worried expression on Kiefer's face, the destruction, the pain. It was a lot at the time and, even years later, it felt so vivid that Emma was almost taken aback by it. As if the two vampires were in sync, both Kiefer and Emma seemed to pull themselves out of the horrid memory simultaneously. That was when she saw his expression twist a little, and a laugh made its way through her boss' lips. Seeing him this lively forced a toothy smile out of Emma to return his own, her lips pulling back to reveal her own fangs for a few moments. His next words returned the conversation to a playful nature, and Emma immediately let out a chuckle at his dramatic display of emotion. She found herself straightening her body up from the ledge and resting her own palms, mirroring Kiefer. Laughter wasn't something Emma commonly associated with Kiefer, but at that moment he was laughing more than she'd seen him do in a number of years. A sense of joy crept up on Emma as she, much to her surprise, seemed to be truly enjoying herself with Kiefer.

"Well, I suppose that I was also taught a thing or two by you," she commented, her tone almost nonchalant and a sense of feigned resignation made its way into her words. "Hopefully we will get the chance for more... lessons sooner rather than later." Emma's voice was genuine and the words she conveyed were absolutely true, which was further supported by a nostalgic expression and a hopeful smile. Kiefer's more spontaneous and real reactions were mirrored by Emma's, who felt as if she was speaking to an old friend at a party, rather than her boss at a very dangerous business event. For a brief moment, Emma even believed that nothing would go awry, and that, perhaps, she could actually have a chance to simply drink and dance the night away and that the bosses would be able to sort things out without altercations. As brief as it was, the moment gave Emma something to cling onto, a sense of hope and joy that she didn't think could ever come over her in such a moment. Unfortunately, her instincts almost immediately pulled her out of her mind and back into reality, where both she and Kiefer stood on a balcony in a place that seemed destined to go up in flames.

Even though she'd enjoyed her short fantasy, Emma wasn't upset about its brevity, realizing that she was where she was because of her talents and that the life she chose led her there. That was when Kiefer turned toward her and spoke, indicating to Emma that she had his attention at that moment, and he, as well, had hers. She was quick to chuckle and briefly turn to look at the forest after he spoke, the playful words maintaining her in the sense of comfort that had built up within her. "Boss? Oh wow, well it is about time I get the recognition I deserve," she began, giving Kiefer a playful wink to match her tone, "but in all seriousness, though, I think it would be good to step inside right now, as fun as getting a chance to speak with you just now has been." She outstretched her hand to him as if offering it so that both of them could walk in together, and shot her boss a smile. "Besides, it seems as though the people inside have begun dancing, and if we truly want to 'enjoy ourselves' as we decided, then I think we should go in and have a ball." Emma did want to get a chance to spend more time with Kiefer there since it had been too long since the previous time she'd had the chance, but she also understood that going inside and dancing as a pair would help divert attention from them and give them a more personal view of the ballroom, allowing them to be more aware of the immediate surroundings within.

Carver Lee
Location: Helias Estate | Interactions: narwhal. narwhal. iShyShy iShyShy | Mentions: erised erised
Seonhee's body's reaction was exactly what Carver had expected: unaffected and cold. Her eyes, however, told a different story, and Carver felt surprised to see that his words did have some effect on his fellow capo. It was odd, to say the least, for Carver to imagine how he and Seonhee got like this. As far as he was concerned, she'd never wronged him or done anything to incur his ill will, but she certainly didn't feel the same way about him. Ever since that day when the two capos first met, it seemed that she'd been against him and refused to trust him. While Carver certainly understood that, perhaps, his way of handling things hadn't been in line with the Helias' rules, he also understood how to clean things up and make his messes other people's messes. He had handled the situation excellently and no one outside of the pack ever suspected them of the killing. This went so far as to prevent their alpha, Akeno, and the other leaders of the Helias, from even considering any form of punishment for his actions. In fact, he'd been rewarded as if he'd carried out his mission properly, especially since he'd been able to maintain the secrecy that the Helias pack operated in.

Despite all of this, Seonhee still seemed to distrust him and Carver wasn't entirely sure why. Whenever he'd try and get through to her, she'd simply shut him down and put up her walls again. It got to the point where even Carver had begun to feel some animosity toward her, despite her having done nothing to earn such feelings from him. In actuality, Carver just wanted to be able to do what he does and not be bothered, and he also hoped that he could, perhaps, "bury the hatchet" with Seonhee for good. Unfortunately, it didn't seem as though that would happen any time soon, but the fact that she was approaching him to talk was a start. He was pulled out of his thoughts by another shift in Seonhee's stance to a more... open one. It appeared as though something had changed in her mind, at least momentarily, and she had removed a physical barrier. It was around that time when she spoke, responding to his question with a tone that didn't seem to indicate any animosity, at least not that he could perceive. He gave her a quick smile, mostly out of courtesy, and lifted his hand to indicate a decline to her offer. As he saw her eyes soften a little, he allowed some of the suspicion and tension to ease from his gaze.

"Well, all we can do now is hope that nothing goes wrong. Worst-case-scenario, I trust we can keep the pack safe." Carver gave her a reassuring look as he spoke, quickly reaching to place his empty glass on the tray of a passing server. Before he could say anything more to her, an all too familiar voice caught Carver's attention, and he turned to see the face of none other than Amber Nox. To Seonhee, she was probably just their fellow capo and another member of the Helias pack, but to Carver, she was a memory that was hard to shake. His body immediately got tense and his gaze widened a little as she spoke, the memories still fresh in the capo's mind. "W-well, I think we have enough to worry about to be... fighting amongst each other," he responded, his voice a little strained and the words somewhat reluctant to leave him, "anyway, I suppose you're right. We should be enjoying... this." Carver managed to regain his composure, but his words were dry and to the point as if he were eager to finish this interaction and allow Amber to walk away. Luckily for him, she did eventually turn to walk away, prompting his muscles to relax and his gaze to soften once more as a sigh made its way through his lips.

Carver then heard her voice once more, turning to look at the person that she was gesturing toward. It was Kirin, one of Akeno's children, and Carver felt somewhat relieved that she quickly turned back and finally walked away. "I was going to suggest trying to talk to young Kirin, but it looks like he found himself some company, but we should definitely keep an eye on him." Clearing his throat, Carver turned back to Seonhee, allowing one hand to rest by his side as he combed through the hair on his forehead, moving it out of the way. Just when he was going to say something more about Kirin, the boy vanished into the crowd, prompting Carver to communicate with his men through his earpiece. "Listen, whoever is the least intoxicated please try to find Kirin and update me on the situation." He heard a couple of affirmatives and then the line went silent, and Carver sighed once more, finally giving Seonhee his attention. "We've got one hell of a night ahead of us. I just wish this place wasn't such a ticking timebomb. Business is business but I've got a bad feeling about everything here," he then looked directly into Seonhee's eyes, an air of restraint still permeated his voice and his demeanor, "at least we're all here and have each others' backs, right?"

Niklaus Farlan
Helias Manor
Interaction:Akeno,Ashley,Elizabeth Eliruz Eliruz Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kipsy Kipsy
Klaus’ eyes flicked over to Elizabeth when she opened her mouth. He smiled slightly,Elizabeth was an old slave of his and a favorite at that. He found himself amused at the prospect of her rising in the ranks of the human espera after she escaped his clutches. Finally he spoke up. “Well considering the relationship you and I used to have,we could do much worst things to you than death. Isn’t that right?” He smiled flashing his pointed canines. “However we are here to resolve this peacefully,I suggest we disband the expera and divide all of its assets and personnel between the three of us.” Klaus announced looking each leader in their eye. “Of course I’m open to other suggestions”. Outside Klaus could hear the commotion and the smell of his offspring though he wasn’t sure which one it was. “We should hurry this along though,it seems quite a commotion is beginning outside of these walls.” He said smugly

Magus Wiljay
Helias Manor
Interaction: Kirin erised erised Mike Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy
Magnus was throughly amused by the wolf and vampire. The bickering between The two clans was always hilarious. What was even more hilarious was the vampires annoyance at the fun that was being poked at him. “My my,for a being so old,you sure let things get under your skin. He chucked as the vampire and his mobile blood bank walked away. “Thanks for the laugh” he said judging the wolf. “Vampires are so touchy,it’s fun to mess with them “ he laughed. Out of the corner do his yes he coudl feel someone watching him. He likens up to see Aewryna the daughter of the wiljay kingdom. He bowed in respect for the princess and waved for good measures. His gorgeous wings reflecting in the moonlight as he shook his hand.

Shin Ku

Location: Helias ballroom | Interacting: Dream ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx ) Mentions: Clem ( Eliruz Eliruz )

A grateful smile shaped Shin's lips. "Thank you," he said, and he meant it. Lately, he'd been in such a sour mood. This was one of the nicest things he'd heard in a while. "I really hope I get it together one of these days. I've perfected all I can, but it sucks not to have a power everyone can recognize me by." He attempted to wink playfully, but found himself too awkward immediately afterward and ended up looking away. "Aha, just keep cheering for me and I'll find that specialty someday, I'm sure."

As Dream began to go on about his club, talking about the refurbishment and recent job applicants, Shin couldn't help but watch, amusement making him smile even wider than he had before. He always loved it when Dream talked about the Winkz club. There was always so much passion in the smaller male's eyes that was somehow so captivating. He was able to transfer the enthusiasm he held for it with such ease it was almost as if it were second nature.

"I definitely will have to visit," Shin assured him as Dream downed the last of his Cosmopolitan. "You have some of the best drinks in all of Euclid. There's no way I'm passing that offer up." His voice was full of humor, the grin on his face practically contagious. In the brief time he'd been talking, though, it seemed as though Dream had come to some sort of epiphany. "What's the matter?" he asked, blatantly concerned.

It turned out they ended up on the same train of thought the moment after Dream asked him what he thought of the event. There was no way this whole ordeal would end up going smoothly, Shin knew that, but he couldn't deny how hopeful he'd been. Dream was lucky that he didn't know the Wiljay family that much. Or maybe it was just Shin who excessively worried over things like this, and Dream's relationship with the Wiljays didn't matter. In any case, Shin could understand where Dream was coming from. It was Dream who had helped him out earlier by calming his nerves about not yet having found a specialty; surely Shin should repay the favor now.

"I have the same feeling," he began, his eyes trailing around the ballroom. "There are too many top dogs here for things not to go wrong. That's why..." He laughed weakly, rubbing the side of his arm. "That's why I wanted to go track down the Wiljay children and follow them around like a hawk." His protective nature was something he was extremely self-conscious about. "I don't feel like I can trust Helias' security enough, that's for sure. Maybe we should try taking matters into our own hands? Roam the building, see if there's anything amiss?"

As if to echo his words, there was the sound of commotion somewhere in the room. Shin's eyes snapped and locked on the source. There were a girl and a Helias soldier in the midst of some kind of argument, from what he could tell. Several people around her were giving her funny looks. He was too far away to smell what she was, but she was certainly causing a scene. "I wonder what's going on..." he mumbled, his gaze lowering back on Dream. "What do you say to checking it out?"

Seonhee Im
Interaction(s): RoninN7 RoninN7 RoninN7 RoninN7 RoninN7 RoninN7
Mentions: iShyShy iShyShy Kipsy Kipsy @ForgottenBlood

The tension that permeated through the estate wasn’t the only tangible one Seonhee could feel; there was plenty that dwelled in the space she shared with Carver as well. “Well, all we can do now is hope that nothing goes wrong. Worst-case scenario, I trust we can keep the pack safe,” she heard from her fellow capo, sensing the tension and suspicion from him easing to a degree as some time passed between them. Before she could respond to him, however, she was halted from doing so as a familiar individual approached their side. It was the interaction between Amber and Carver that Seonhee eyed quietly, hiding the subtle sense of surprise that she felt upon seeing his stiff and strained reaction to her otherwise friendly words. His dry voice indicated his desire to finish the discussion soon, and she noted the way how he sighed when he thought she’d left. As their fellow capo was whisked away once again into the flow of the ‘celebration,’ she eyed Carver - with a slightly quirked brow - as he combed his hair to the side after clearing his throat. So, it seemed that he had a few unresolved cases on his hands. The three Helias capos had joined or stayed with the pack at different times from one another, and they had not known each other for long, each joining hands with a different sense of ideology, duty, and personality. Things were bound to be more entangled and slow-starting. “I was going to suggest trying to talk to young Kirin, but it looks like he found himself some company, but we should definitely keep an eye on him.”

"We've got one hell of a night ahead of us,”
Carver continued speaking rather good-naturedly, even with the air of restraint that encircled him. “I just wish this place wasn't such a ticking timebomb. Business is business but I've got a bad feeling about everything here. At least we’re all here and have each others’ backs, right?”

At least we’re all here and have each others’ backs, huh. She repeated his words in her head, forcefully pushing back against the trained and instinctive compulsion in her head. Seonhee searched Carver’s face for a while longer before she lowered her head, ran her fingers through her hair, and expelled a small but decisive breath. She was quiet and unspeaking - not as a show of distrust or indifference but rather as a result of how tongue-tied she was when she mulled his gestures and words over in her head, as well as those of her own. Then, against the demanding voice that echoed in her mind like one broken check after another, the lean mafioso took a step near the taller capo while still keeping a respectful distance from him, brown gaze directly matched with that of his. “Listen ,Carver,” she said. In that instance, in that brief moment, the steeliness in Seonhee’s eyes had vanished despite the subtle lingering sense of caution within them, leaving them surprisingly clear. Stern as usual, yes, but distinctively earnest. “If something is to happen here, I’ll have your and Amber’s back. I can promise you that.” She wasn’t going to elaborate on the fact that she had been and still was more than ready to risk her life for the both of them, never mind differences. She had little to no time to see his reaction, however, because it was then the cacophony began.

Within the next few seconds, it felt as if a switch had been flipped throughout the whole ‘celebration,’ sending waves of palpable tension through the human current around them. The commotion that had arisen in the distance ensnared Seonhee’s attention. When the surprised crowd parted, the stoic mafioso was quick to spot Kirin Helias and a girl - who looked like she was in pain - in the midst of it. Her hardened gaze then landed on a much taller, much larger, and much more dangerous vampire whose shadow yawned over their figures. With her jaw set firmly and her icy demeanor returning, Seonhee glanced up at her blue-eyed companion and silently tipped her head in their direction. It was time for them to move.

"I can't believe I'm about to use this expression, but seriously, pick on someone your own size. She’s just a child. A human child at that.”

Though there were a million words that rested on the tip of the mafioso’s tongue as she approached the scene and caught bits of the conversation, she didn’t say anything - not yet. The lean capo was more focused on keeping Kirin - and the girl behind him - safe. Seeing someone looming over a young girl and Kirin like the way this vampire was evoked something suffocating in her chest that was ready to ignite. The wolf in her had begun to prowl forth, slowly, demandingly, and precariously. For a brief moment, she had not only seen Kirin standing there but the whole Helias family: Akeno, Na'Mara, Xian, Mei-yin. An overwhelming amount of protectiveness had enveloped the steely werewolf before she felt the strength in her hand leave as quickly as it had come upon sighting the conflict break free. The man behind the ruckus had slunk into the crowd, disappearing into the mass. She could feel the wolf in her think about giving chase, imagining what it would feel like to throw a swift but hard punch straight into his nose - about grabbing the vulnerable skin of his neck and pushing him into the floor. The human side of her, meanwhile, collectedly ushered the creature back with a sharp intake of breath. “Hotchka, Junsu, and Lior, I’m certain you saw what transpired. Keep an eye out for that vampire. If you find him causing another scene, stop him where he is,” the mafioso began, speaking calmly through her ear piece before glancing over at Carver then to the crowd where she had last seen Amber, “and bring him to the three of us.”

Then, she turned to face the individuals behind herself. “You sent him packing with nothing more than a glare and a few stern words,” She said as she eyed Kirin with a faint twinkle in her eyes, the expression buried beneath layers of resolve and focus. It was her way of subtly checking on the fierce wolf regarding his wellbeing without directly asking him: "Are you okay?" Her attention then quickly shifted, and she crouched down to face the girl whose body hit the floor with a soft thud. While Seonhee’s visage remained composed, there was no denying the deep-set worry that evidently settled across her features, bringing her brows together. Then, it hit her: the faint but tangy scent of human and vampire, specifically that of Niklaus Farlan. Up this close, even with the various scents of perfume, food, and drinks, she could analyze the aura around the girl a little better. Her eyes widened a little, though she did not glance upwards to confirm her suspicions with Kirin or Carver. Instead, she shrugged off her black jacket before wrapping it around the girl's shoulders. "Come on," Seonhee said as she kept her from falling forwards while hearing the confusion grow in the crowd that had gathered around them. "Let's get you out of here. Can you try walking?" For now, the capo decided that moving the girl away from their current location overturned everything else. The commotion was starting to garner more attention and she reckoned that the curious pairs of eyes were not helping her case. If they didn't move soon, she was also certain that the noise would grab the attention of the four bosses. "Cira, Harold, Aubrey, and Eiza," she spoke into her ear piece without letting go of the wobbly girl. "Keep word of the commotion from spreading as much as possible and direct the guests back to the ball." It was then she glanced over at Carver over her shoulder. "I'll take her outside until we figure out what to do next." Contrasting her sharp and direct gaze, there was a soft-spoken edge to her words. "If you'd like me to do something else, let me know now."

[/div][/div]

Clementine Grace
Helias Estate| Interactions: narwhal. narwhal. erised erised RoninN7 RoninN7
The room around her began to spin, the thirst growing and growing, scorching the back of her throat until she couldn't bare it anymore. Though she was practically starving for another drop of blood, Clem gathered her jumbled thoughts and felt a pair of steady hands on her slim figure, lifting her up. She winced faintly and lifted her striking green orbs to meet a female's dark ones; who was she and why was she helping her? With a furrowed brow and a confused expression, she gratefully took the jacket and kept it tightly wrapped around herself. "Yes, just a bit..thirsty.." The young teen managed, a pained gasp leaving her lips. Lifting her calloused fingertips to her aching throat and gently brushing them down the pained area, she looked around to find the crowd quickly dispersing; this woman must've been some kind of guard for Helias, or atleast that's what Clem could find.

Hesitating once the woman asked if she could stand, the female quickly removed her heels and stood with the help of Seonhee. Her legs wobbled and thankfully for her, Clem had the woman as an extra support. With her arm hesitantly wrapped around the wolf's shoulders, she listened in on what she was saying into, what Clem expected, an earpiece and stiffened slightly. Was she going to be punished? Or even worse..killed? Swallowing thickly and nodding quietly, she looked towards the closest door. "I feel a bit uncomfortable leaving the vicinity, though, seeing how my mother is somewhere here. Is she with the other leaders? Is she okay? Would she know what's happening to me? M-My throat hurts and my gums ache horribly," the teen stammered, lifting her lip with a finger to reveal sharpening canines. Another wave of painful thirst hit her and she groaned loudly, nearly hunching over once more; if she didn't get any blood to satisfy her thirst soon, she'd be dead pretty fast.

Aquaria Wiljay.
Outfit: here, here + here.
Interactions: Ashley, later open.
Tags: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

"I'm coming, love."

A bright, dark cherry grin was etched onto the fae's sharp lips as Aquaria watched herself in the mirror, her sharp nail picking at the edge of lined lips, checking herself on last time before she headed out. Aquaria was never one for the glam or dramatics, her life was gritty and hands-on, but dressing up every once in a while wasn't such a terrible thought. Her dark eyes wandered to a small, locked box that was kept hidden behind the vanity. Aquaria's fingers fiddled with the lock until a satisfying click echoed and the lid creaked opened, revealing a set on blades that radiated with deadly beauty. Her fingers didn't liger for long as as plucked the cold metal from the box and slipped it into place, weaving it underneath a black strap that clung to Aquaria's thing.

With a swift motion, Aquaria hid the box once more and headed outside, placing a tender kiss on her wife's cheek. "We're going to be late." She cooed back, a teasing tone in her voice as she stepped into the stretched out car. As soon as the door closed and the wheels began rolling, Aquaria didn't hesitate in closing the space between them, draping her long legs with a content sigh. She knew that the party was suppose to be the end of all of the tension between the families, but the chilling familiar cold of the metal's touch made her feel safe; a mere safety precaution.

Once they had arrived, Aquaria gracefully took Ashley's hand and climbed out of the car. Without a second thought, Aquaria had already had her arm slithered around Ashley as they both made their way inside. There was a small, yet sudden, crash of anxiety that tingled in Aquaria's fingers, but her calm composure never left her. Her gaze flickered towards her wife who was heading off. Aquaria wrapped her delicate hand gently around Ashley's cheeks and gazed into her wife's eyes. "Go get them tiger," She smiled before placing a final kiss.

Soon, Aquaria had found herself alone. As a waiter walked by, the fae picked up a flute of champagne and began to drum her fingers against the glass. Her eyes wandered around the room, glancing around to see her children with their friends. Best not to interrupt, She thought firmly to herself. To be truthful, Aquaria wasn't the most social person, and with her assertive personality, it wasn't easy for her to fall into a genuine conversation. It wasn't so bad, she was a natural warrior, and the party was just another challenge she would simply have to wait out.
codedbycrucialstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back