• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shivana

The Boop
The End of Days has been theorized for as long as humanity could retain thought. The impending apocalypse has been depicted in many ways, disease, cataclysm, divine judgment and many more, but I doubt anyone ever expected that it would come in slumber.

I suppose you could say the plague theorists were right to some degree, unbeknownst to an unsuspecting population a new form of what can only be explained as extreme narcolepsy is slowly infecting the world, causing unexplained and seemingly permanent coma though that conclusion can't be made yet since the plague hasn't been around long enough to raise suspicion just yet. People are getting sleepy far more often and sleeping longer than usual, but these cases are easily brushed off as being tired from work or staying up all night, the world is a busy place and it's easy to overlook being tired. That's what you told yourself and now you're here in the intimate dreamscape.

Upon "waking up" you find yourself in a strange place, perhaps initially it seemed familiar but soon you realized you weren't in the place you believed, in fact, you swore on everything you had to still be asleep, that you must be dreaming and technically you were right.

Okay so Eternal Slumber is about life in the infinite dreamscape which is essentially the connected dreams of all living beings as well as all the dreams that have ever existed, pretty much a world of imagination and dreams where you are basically lucid dreaming while in a coma due to the mysterious narcolepsy plague. Now you have a choice, to figure out why you fell into a coma and find a way to wake up or remain in the dream world and enjoy immortality and the endless possibilities of having whatever your mind desires.

Eternal Slumber is an RP with little to no restrictions with very simple rules to keep things fair amongst everyone. This RP is not restricted by setting, it is not restricted when not comes to the appearance of your characters, this us a world of dreams, completely run by imagination. I wanted to make an RP where everyone had virtually unlimited creative freedom and see what they did with it. Hopefully, we will all enjoy this experience together.

Now how does this RP work you might ask?

Well, I gave it some thought and I decided there is no specific powers power say, essentially what you do is reality warping. However, to keep people from going overboard and being majorly unfair there is a system to this and that system is basically Skyrim rules, the more you do something the better you get at doing it the stronger you become in that aspect and the easier it becomes to do so if you want to be able to use a certain power for example fire, you have to actively use fire otherwise you'll be crap at it. If you want to alter the dreamscape you have to practice that by doing it over and over again otherwise, you won't be able to change much.

Also, your mentality also plays a role in this, if you are more aligned towards good then your powers would essentially be dream magic if you are more aligned towards bad than its nightmare magic, essentially white and black magic in a sense. Now, this is important because depending on your alignment depends on how easily you'll be able to manipulate the terrain around you, if you are better then it'll be easier for you to alter a dreamscape if you are more so bad than it'll be easier for you to alter a nightmare scape neutral zones are basically a free space to it's the same difficulty for everyone.

I would also like to note that in the dream world you can look however you want, you don't have to be human because well it's a dream so you can go crazy with character creations but I do need a base appearance for your profile, any appearances beyond that will be treated at shapeshifting.

When it comes to posting lengths I'm not very picky I usually only ask for 3+ lines but as long as you give an adequate response to the people you are interacting with and are considerate of their enjoyment as much as yours then we won't have a problem on that front.

Template.

Name:

Age: (In the dream world you can be whatever Age you want but be sure to put down their actual age IRL, I don't want a 16-year-old dating a 30-year-old or anything weird like that)

Appearance: (I'm not sure if we will but in case there is a point in the future where we return to the waking world be sure to include their irk appearance as well as their dream world persona)

Gender: (Since you can be whatever you want in your dreams your real-life gender as with your appearance may not match your dream gender)

Personality: (Be sure to add in likes and dislikes here I know most people have it separate but I kind of feel like it falls under the same category. Understand your personality IRL and in the dream world you don't have to be the same since you are no longer restricted by the rules of society, you can be your true self rather that be good or bad and remember people are subject to change this is just a starting point.)

Bio: (Of course this applies to the real world)

Miscellaneous: (Anything you want to add in that you would. Like us to know or feel is important.)

Last edited:
I'm okay for now. In terms of character creation, I have an interesting idea that I wanted to pass by you first whenever you're free.

I'll pop it into a PM. Don't want spoilers if the idea passes.

Also if I may, I think maybe eventually they should wake up, of course, some time way later on, but I think it would be interesting to see how things would play out if these people met up IRL.

Also in the dream world does time move slower than in the real world you know the whole a minute here is a day there thing?

Also if I may, I think maybe eventually they should wake up, of course, some time way later on, but I think it would be interesting to see how things would play out if these people met up IRL.

Also in the dream world does time move slower than in the real world you know the whole a minute here is a day there thing?
Yes, actually. I figured it would help if we go back to the real world at some point.

Also in case, it wasn't clear you can be from different countries in the Dream World we all speak the same language anyway.

Only one character in so far but that's fine, I suppose that gives me more time to work on an opening post as well as as the OP for the Lore thread.

I'm almost done with my character I wanted to come up with something interesting, I wanted my character to be different in real life from the person they are in their dreams since the person you are in your dreams is like your ideal self. There is no point is changing if you're already who you wanted to be IRL right?

I'm almost done with my character I wanted to come up with something interesting, I wanted my character to be different in real life from the person they are in their dreams since the person you are in your dreams is like your ideal self. There is no point is changing if you're already who you wanted to be IRL right?
I suppose there is truth to that, can't wait to see it 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back