• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

MAROON QUILLNEST

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Type(s)
The virus had gone out of control almost halve the states were almost completely unpopulated from the virus. It creeps up really quick at first You just seem to have a cold then it turns into coughing up blood vomiting then death. It’s now the rest of the survivors to help control and survive. America is counting on you to survive...but they don’t realize there’s a twist to what happens after you die.

The warehouse was draughty and there was too many blind spots for Michael's liking. At any time he felt as if somebody would jump out at him and try to rob him, he wasn't worried though. He had his Colt in his good hand, ready to fly up and meet anybody who tried to do so.

His footsteps echoed across the tall roof, scattering across the tall storage racks. He wasn't a subtle man by any means and didn't feel like stepping quietly, after working so long in a prison a certain lack of fucks washes over a man...

Eventually he reached an office, it's door ajar and a festering corpse lied in the entrance-way, this one didn't die of the Flu. Their yellow shirt had two holes in its back, with a dark stain around each.

"Bugger..." He muttered, slipping a shred of orange cloth over his mouth and nose as a bandana, there is a white numbering across the shredded item but can't be discerned.

Last edited:
he walked through the state of Kansas that mainly was just field’s after fields and the occasional little town with the people count of 100 or so with very limited resources left but like there was much to begin with. He kept walking and walking and walking desperately needing a place to stop to rest and eat.
he eventually finds a big building that he assumed was a werehouse before the whole virus thing happened. It gave him a creepy vibe as he neared it.
he opens the door to the werehouse door keeping his guard up so he didn’t get attacked. He says In the loudest voice he could muster when he was scared hello? he said To see if he was alone or if someone or something was in here with him.

Michael was nudging the corpse with his boot, trying to roll it over when another voice rang out across the warehouse. He spun on his heel and moved between a pair of shelves, out of sight between the doors and the office. He checked his Colt, making sure it was ready to go. Whoever this was was either a very shitty ambusher, or a distraction. Or neither, but Michael wasn't taking chances. He laid in wait, hearing footsteps echo down the same way he walked. They sounded quieter than Michael's, but they were the only ones making any noise. Eventually a shadow passed by his hiding space, going down towards the office.

Slowly, Michael shimmied himself onto a higher shelf using the old storage boxes as hand and foot holds. Now if anything went down, he had the high ground by a few yards. The voice was that of a young male and they seemed anxious from how fast they were walking, not to mention the subtle quiver in the 'hello?' He had heared.

Last edited:
He drags his gun by his side going deeper into the warehouse seeing empty shelfs and a office at the end of the shelf’. He felt like no one was here with him but just to make sure he called out one more time with a little more confidence “ hello” no answer so he keeps walking.
he walk all the way to the end of the hall and sees a dead body on the ground with holes in its back. He lets out a little gasp and moves on deeper into the office.
There was a little desk with a computer a phone a torn up shiny chair and windows all around the office so he could see in every direction. He puts his gun down and goes over to the chair and sits on it reachi for his bag.

This person seemed to be unaware of Michael's presence, which was all the better for him. Seeing them enter the office, he decided he wanted to screw with them a little bit by whistling a short tune. He wouldn't figure out where in the warehouse he was because of the echo. Michael wasnt usually a dick, but he couldn't resist because of his overwhelming advantage.

Michael let out a creepy whistle from an old movie he watched once, hoping it'd do the trick...

Last edited:
He heard a whistle that was deeply terrifying he lets out a small cry and gets up slowly trying not to make to much noise. He grabs his gun and creeps into the door way into the shelfs and he sees absolutely nothing except shelf’s that we’re empty.
He takes his gun and open fires into all the shelf hitting relatively low. He screams out “don’t fuck with me or I’ll blast your brains out. Then goes back into the office and closes the door behind him.

The shots echoed all over the warehouse in a deafening drumroll. Michael waited for the noise to die down, Then smiled and said "Missed me, but good try." His British accent definitely made him sound more sinister than he was. "If I wanted to hurt you, boy, I'd've shot you when you didn't know I were here. Relax..."

He had a minor earache from that salvo, this kid was packing some serious iron but definitely didn't know how to use it properly. He wasn't even trying that hard to hide, the kid just didn't think to look up. He could see his pale face at the office window, trying to see him on the ground level. The office had no roof, due to it being indoors. It was more like two plywood walls with a window and door, leant up against the steel outer wall corner. Michael reached up and grabbed a girder, slowly creeping above the boy. He slid down a roof support that ended inside the office, and levelled his 45. To the back of the boys head.

"Checkmate." He said, slowly clipping the boys magazine from his weapon. "Now we can be a bit more civil, can't we?" Michael said, stepping back and allowing the boy to face him.

Last edited:
He screams super loud panicking not know what to do. He takes his gun flips it around and takes the butt of the gun and slams it hard against the mans stomach. He starts crying and grabs his bag and tries to get out of there as fast as he could.
he gets to the door and for some reason he can’t open it in his panicked state he tries and tries but eventually ends up on the ground with his hands up crying.

"Despite how it may seem, I am not a violent man." Michael told him, a hint of condescension at the crying boy. To be fair, John did feel a little bad now but it was worth the hit to the gut. "If I were, you'd be dead already, stand up." He reassured the boy. "What's your name?" He asked, curiously. 'How did a boy like this get an iron like that?' He wondered, looking at the assault rifle on the ground.

Last edited:
“M-my name is John and I don’t care what you say I trust no one since this whole thing started so you can have this territory and I’ll leave” he says walking back over to the door and grabbing his empty gun and his back pack with no difficulty opening the door now
he starts to walk fast all the shelf and almost getting to the door And was about to leave Before he did he shouted “goodbye”

Alexi put their crossbow on their back as they climbed down from the tree they were sleeping on. They could hear the whimpering of a rabbit caught in the trap they set the night before. As they neared the ground they took a pocketknife out of their pocket and sliced the trap, releasing the bag the rabbit was trapped in. They caught the bag and stabbed it waiting for the rabbit to stop moving. A quick makeshift fire was made and some rabbit cooked. They ate the legs and put the rest in their backpack. Today they were going to go to the warehouse they had spotted yesterday. It was about 5 miles away from her current location by the stream. They took their pocketknife and carved an X in the tree. It was a good spot to sleep, they hadn't seen any wolves yet.
They made their way to the warehouse picking up some wild ferns as they went. They approached the warehouse slowly make not of any exits or possible escapes. A window at the top leading to a fire escape. A door at the back and a door at the front. As they were looking around they heard a gunshot. They jumped and let out a small scream. They knew a crossbow was no match for a gun but they had to go check. Climbing up the fire escape to the top window, they peered inside. They could see a short man in a security uniform next to a kid a bit younger than her carrying an assault rifle. They slowly opened the window and made their way inside. The man looked like he was threatening the kid. The kid was obviously scared and trying to leave. The boy had started walking to the door and shouted a curt "Goodbye" to the man.
The man reminded them oddly of their uncle. They didn't like how the man was treating the boy. They picked up their crossbow off their back and aimed at the man's foot. It hit the man straight center in his foot.

As the arrow punctured Michael's foot he screamed in pain, dropping to one knee and then onto his side. "Aaarrrghhh! Mother Fucker!" He didn't see where the bolt came from but they were basically above him, he scrambled through the door with the corpse finding cover behind a storage crate. Although these two had nothing to do with each other, it cemented in his mind they were definitely together.

He was in a lot of pain, luckily for him it didn't seem to be poisoned. Michael called out to the boy walking to the door, "Another step and you die lad. Don't even fucking try to run." He had his pistol squared directly at his back, 45. Rounds do go through hockey gear.

He cranked his neck to peek at where that archer was, seeing a silhouette by a fire escape. "Drop that bow, or I blast this kid!" He called up to them.

Last edited:
Alexi dropped the crossbow. "There. Now lower your gun. If you promise not to hurt either of us I'll come down there and give you medicine for your foot." They moved the crossbow closer to them with their foot making for a quick next shot. They stole a quick glance down at the boy. They didn't trust this man but he had a gun and they couldn't do anything about that yet.

Michael still had the boys magazine, so he needn't worry about being shot by him. He of course had no intention of shooting a kid, but he was willing to fight for survival. "Alright...get down here so I can see whom Im dealing with here." He lowered his gun partly, before looking at the boy. "That doesn't mean you can go just yet lad... i want to see your partner in crime first."

Last edited:
They picked up their crossbow and slung it on their back. Alexi made their way down the steps to their left. Some creaked and groaned as they stepped on them. They stepped into the light and made a beeline to the boy. They stood in front of him and looked at the man. "Hey, you okay?" they whispered to the boy. They then turned and looked at the man with an even expression an asked, "Put your gun on the ground and I'll come over there. Or don't and I don't come over there. You're at a higher risk of getting the flu if you stay like that though." They didn't trust a man who would willingly shoot a kid.

Michael gave the stranger a long look over, seeing if he could spot anything that could kill him quickly if they got too close. Nothing more than an arrow he could easily wrestle out of their hands if they tried. He lowered the pistol, deciding they must be being sincere. "Nothing too fast now, I can and will out draw you if you try anything..," rested it against the cold concrete floor, his hand on top of it, fingers horizontal with the barrel. Adrenaline as starting to kick in and he didn't like the idea of bleeding out, so he let them approach.

Once they were close enough he said "I was going to let him walk away, why the he'll did you shoot me?" He said, indignant.

Last edited:
Alexi ignored the question. They didn't want to go into her uncle and why the man made her think of him. They made their way over. Pocketknife concealed in case it was needed. They set down their bag next to the man. They noticed two missing fingers on his left hand. "So how'd that happening?" gesturing with their head to his hand as they searched through their bag. They pulled out a small bottle labeled infections.

"Not that its you're any of your business, kid," Michael told them, "Being a servant of the law was dangerous. Especially when most criminals are twice your height, three times as heavy, and wield handmade knives." He told them, glancing at his disfigured hand. He'd told that story too many times.

Last edited:
"Servant of the law? Servant of the law, my ass. What 'servant of the law' threatens to kill a kid?" They ask carefully to let him see how disgusted they were. They pulled out another bottle of numbing cream. "Take off your shoe."

"One who serves a now useless code, and downs like getting shot TWICE with a fucking crossbow." Michael said, mildly irate. He served proudly, he was lucky to get out of that disease ridden hole. Regurgitated blood flowed like a river in that place.

He slipped off his shoe, despite the bolt embedded in the leather and him.

Last edited:
Alexi didn't like this man one bit. They put the numbing cream on the now exposed foot. "Give it 5 minutes then, we can pull out the arrow. If you break the arrow, I break your foot." they rummaged through their bag before turning back to the man. "Seems I don't have any bandages. Rip off some of your clothes."

He tore off his Orange face mask, handing it to them. "I wasn't going to shoot the kid before you shot me y'know. I was going to just let him walk out of here. All he did was interuppt my scavenging, I decided to spook him a little bit, and he lit up the shelving units." He explained, "I never laid a hand on him, Did I boy?" He asked the kid, sitting across the aisle from them.

"You thought it would be fun to spook a kid? In this situation? Real mature adult there." They took the face mask and smeared some infection cream on it. They pulled out the arrow and slapped the mask around the wound. A quick dip in the stream and they could use this arrow again. They weren't going to risk infected food.

Michael yelled in pain as the arrow was pulled out, and the Sharp pain turned into a dull ebbing one. "Dont lecture me kid, I''ve seen worse done to better folk. Be glad my first instinct was that and not shoot him from behind."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back