• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Elder Chronicles Vol. 1 (New Laws)

lachlan

Green Eyes
The moon was half-crested tonight as the Elder Council met for their annual meeting to set the laws for all supernatural beings. Each year they met somewhere different because the stakes were too high if they didn’t. Vehicles started to pull into the Carmichael manor the home of the most elder bloodsuckers. Reign stood in a mirror looking at her lavish dark blue gown, just thinking of the issues the Lycans were going to raise. She could smell them from where she was at. Delilah and Lennox, Reign's younger siblings were standing in the doorway glaring at her.

“Those mutts are here, and they are stinking up the corridor,” Delilah complained as she plugged her nose. “Why must they come here, couldn’t you have traveled to them this year?”

“The Lycans haven’t stepped foot in this house in nearly twelve years, it’s only fair that I host. No matter how much dislike I have for them,” Reign scolded as she fished for her pearls, she noticed a couple of droplets of blood still on them from the night before. She could have sworn that she finished her meal, but it was apparent that she hadn’t. Reign reached for a rag to wipe them off before anyone saw how messy she was with her food. “Now get out of my sight, the meeting starts in twenty minutes. I don’t need you swaying any of my decisions.”

“But we are so wise sister,” Lennox smirked. “You could use us, you know.”

“I am fully aware of what you’re capable of, and no one here would want to see that,” Reign frowned causing Lennox to snap his mouth shut.

Reign walked past Delilah and Lennox into a long narrow hallway that led to the landing. Reign peered over the banister and noticed a young wolfing freshly turned. Reign wondered why the Lycans would bring him with them. It was out of character for them to bring someone so young. Behind him stood William Locke the head advisor to Duncan Brookfield the Alpha that agreed to come this year. With so many different packs they had to rotate. Reign locked eyes with William for a brief second before she came strolling down the stairs and met them face to face.

“William,” Reign said with a smug smile. William refused to say anything before they entered the meeting room. Reign was the last one inside, taking her seat they began the negotiations.

“It has recently come to our attention that you, Reign, did nothing to stop one of your bloodsuckers from running amuck in London,” William began and Reign immediately felt distaste for the Lycan. William decided to go on and on about the acts of one vampire. It was back when the Council first was established, and Reign didn’t have full control over the vampire population. It took nearly ten years before they decided to finally follow her. Most of them refused because they felt as if they were older because they were turned at an older age, but that didn’t make a difference. “Jack the Ripper.”

“It has never proved that man was a vampire,” Reign argued. “And one vampire’s acts shouldn’t be reason enough for these god-forsaken laws you want to enforce. It’s unreasonable.”

“The victims’ blood was drained from them, that smells like vampires to me,” William argued. For some time Reign knew it was true. She knew the minute it hit the papers, but she didn’t think one vampire acting up would cause such an issue. “Our proposal seems reasonable.”

“Reasonable?” Reign mocked as she took a sip of the drink in front of her. Everyone in the room knew it was fresh blood from a willing human that she was swallowing. “You’re proposing that all Vampiric kind sustains from drinking blood from humans. You’re basically asking us to starve ourselves.”

“There are several other things you can drink from,” William argued. “Think of all the humans that are killed by vampires each year. Think about how many lives could be saved.”

“You should know better than that William. All of the clans will not go for this, some of them only follow me because of my name. If I ask them to stop drinking from humans you’re going to have an all-out war on your hands,” Reign interjected because she was done hearing about this. There was no way to stop all the vampires from doing what their instincts demanded. Everyone here was just as guilty of killing humans, whether it was an accident or not. “How about all the humans your kind kills each year?”

“The amount killed by Lycans are minsepqule to the amount that vampires kill,” William huffed. “Reign, seriously something needs to be done to curve this.”

“How do suppose I enforce this?” Reign outright laughed at him. “It’s unrealistic. It won’t be doable.”

“All we are looking for is for you to try, and we are willing to help you enforce it,” William begged. “Lycan’s hold no loves for your kind, it would be easy to convince them.”

“What you’re suggesting is that Lycan’s become the enforcers of this new law? The clans would act as if I betrayed them. I cannot have that happening,” Reign groaned. “I know that you wouldn’t really know how long it took for them to respect me. Seeing that you weren’t even thought of almost a hundred years ago.”

“If they lose respect in you, you never really had it all,” William said without an ounce of remorse. The vein was starting to pop out of Reign’s forehead, surprisingly enough she didn’t leap over the table and rip out his throat for saying such a thing.

“Maybe it is something we can try to start enforcing without your help, it will take time,” Reign conceded because she was over arguing with him. It was clear Reign wasn’t getting anywhere with him.

“Excuse me, but there is more things we need to discuss,” someone said from the other side of the table. Everyone’s eyes were soon gazing at the warlock Montague Phoenix. “Like the fact that vampires like keeping our prisoner to keep them able to walk in daylight.”

“Do you have any proof of the accusations you’re putting forth?” Reign said calmly. Ever since vampires found out there was a ritual to grant them the ability to walk in daylight, there was a chance of this happening. But she needed dead proof that this is happening, the council couldn’t take one warlock at his word, it wasn’t how it worked, and clearly, Phoenix wasn’t aware of this.

“Isn’t my word good enough for you Reign?” Phoenix demanded standing up.

“Everyone here knows that you must have proof to back your claim. I honestly thought I would have to explain something so simple to a warlock,” Reign said with mockery. “Unless there is any proof of such a thing, we will not be discussing this.”

The annual meeting was known to go on for hours, so when Delilah and Lennox heard the door open after only half an hour. “Were you two eavesdropping for the entire meeting?” Reign said frowning at them.

“We cannot help that our hearing is superior,” Lennox said cooly as he and Delilah followed Reign up the staircase and down one of the many long hallways in the manor. Reign stopped in front of her bedroom door which was made of dark oak with a brass doorknob. “Reign we need to discuss what you agreed to in that meeting.”

“There is nothing to discuss, I have to get these letters out to the clans before sunrise,” Reign told them. “The council decided that the new laws are going to go into effect in two weeks.”

“You can’t be serious, how could you even agree to those terms?” Lennox groaned. “The clans will not obey, and you’re going to cause an all-out war.”

“You’re just repeating everything I told William. I guess we’ll just have to see how everything plays out. “

“It’s a death wish, it’s been good knowing you sister,” Lennox said halfhearted. It was clear that Lennox was concerned as to what was to come, but none of them would be truly prepared.
Are you interested?I am looking for dedicated roleplayers for this roleplay. This is actually based on a book I've been working on for a while now. I do not plan on making a character for this roleplay, instead, I plan on playing NPCs like Reign, Lennox, and Delilah to list a few.

Roleplay Requirements

Posting: I'm not asking for anything crazy, perhaps one post every two weeks. I do expect decent size posts due to the limited amount of posts I require. Minimum 4 paragraphs or more. I understand dialogue will tend to get in the way but descriptions and such go a long way.

Characters: Looking for people to play 1-2 characters. If you want more than that, please let me know because there has to be a balanced number of characters.

OOC: Please keep all drama in the roleplay and not in the OOC thread as that is where it belongs.
Current Setting
ct-middletown.jpg
Middletown, Conn
Population: 46.7K
Devine Creature Population: < 200

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back