• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dungeons: The Dragoning- Seventh Edition

I've got room, yeah.

I'll look at things a bit more and be available in about.. six hours- headed out to a tabletop with m' freinds, for now.

Lucky, stuck doing construction work again.

Ah, wait a sec... I don't think mythweavers has a sheet for this... so... how do?

• Origin story and characterization notes

Last edited by a moderator:
...is my suggestion. Obviously, you can adapt that, but it'll make sure you get everything necessary.

..huh, Not bad, alright I'll do it.

• Serenity is an unmistakable homage to Her Serenity, the Lady of Pain. An inscrutable mask of fixed expression is its face, wreathed in an ornate crown of blades, all of unsettling living metal. Its form is delicate and lithe, born of the terrifying artistic genius of the Dark Eladrin haemonculus Karavach the Exsanguinator and the epitome of their craft. Structural integrity was necessarily compromised in the name of psychological impact, its body composed of thousands of interlocking articulated bladed implements of varying lengths that writhe and seethe with every motion. Serenity typically covers these under long robes when making a modest effort to temper the unfortunate - though undeniably useful - impact its presence has on mortals.

Its long fingers are hooked and serrated scalpels, and concealed within its right forearm is the pride of the Kabal of the Bladed Lotus: The Meretrix of Agony Unbounded. Nearly a metre long, the narrow blade is forged of pure necrodermis, flowing and shifting even while seemingly solidified. When retracted it liquefies and moulds to the internal structural elements of the arm. Bright green heraldry in some long forgotten tongue fluoresces along its face, and where the blade's translucent phased edge ends and the rest of the world begins is ever shifting and difficult to determine.

Serenity is, like its inspiration, eternally silent. When it deigns to communicate, it does so by piercing the flesh of the recipient and psychically imprinting emotions or vivid images of concepts. Its emotions are often visible in the pattern and motion of its blades: Rattling in irritation, standing at attention when intrigued, waving slightly as if in some unseen breeze when pleased. It will occasionally use dataslates when parties are irritatingly reticent to commune more directly.

Welp, that's about as crazy as it gets. As an Idle note, it's not safe for you to be in Sigil, because this is sort of the kind of thing that Her Serenity doesn't take kindly too.

Serenity is aware of that. It's pretty sure the only reason it survived is because it was folded up in compact mode for testing and transport at the time. It didn't immediately trigger Her Serenity's berserk button and was instead just kicked out of Sigil. It didn't worship her, after all. She doesn't seem to instantly destroy iconography that resembles her.

It explodes from sudden blade, and then I roll as the DM to see if Her Serenity takes notice and decides to do something about what it was worshiping.

Alternatively, I might have been mazed and escaped. I am functionally immortal, and with my racial have int 5. I eventually could have escaped. After a few centuries.

So...

Can someone hit me with a sumary of PC idea's so far..?

Because uh. I am faced with the wonderful task of /forcing you all into the same party somehow/.

My god...

Serenity's occupation is clearly listed as, 'Field Archaeologist' on its resume. It doesn't understand why everyone assumes it's an assault servitor.

I count thri-kreen daemonhost dragoon sky pirate, eldarin promethean maniac archaeologist, super fighting robot kobold man, and an Ork Chosen (of Gork??) Heavy #heavyweaponsguy. The flaybot makes things a bit darker than I was expecting, but it does account for a surprisingly disciplined crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back