• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dungeons: The Dragoning- Seventh Edition

All right. I'll try to ask you the important questions out here, because I think brainstorming leads to good results. You PM me if you'd rather that, okay?

You said Ork "Heavy", right? Are we talking about an armored knight jousting on hoverbikes? A giant barbarian from a floating mountain where even the rocks hunt for prey? A bald serbian pastiche with a gatling gun slung over his shoulder? What's a heavy, for you, and what do you like about it?

A heavy for me is a big man with a big gun. He could take a few hits while shooting his Dakka at his enemy.

Better: This guy is definitely going to need physical characteristics primary. Have to be strong to carry that piece, dextrous to aim it, and constitudinal or whatever to take those hits. So you start with one dot (sub-par) in each physical characteristic and spread six more dots around. I wouldn't leave any 1s. Characteristics are probably the more mathematically important part of each roll, because they tend to be the number of dice you keep, of howevermany rolled. Unless you get multiple #-agains on a single die, that puts a pretty hard cap on your roll total.

In skills, you'll definitely want high ballistics, probably athletics also. Maybe command, if he's been in a military position before. Probably Intimidation. And I'm sure a bunch of other things specific to *this* dakker. Skill dots add to characteristic dots to get the number of dice you generally roll, but they don't give you more to keep, so say, half as valuable to you. Keep track of anything marked as an "Advanced Skill". If you want to be able to do that thing at all, it needs a dot in it. Basic skills you can sort of muddle through on wits and grit.

And remember.

Yous one o' da Boyz. But dat don't mean youz stupid, it meanz you not for knowin all that fancy weak shit. Wot it meanz, iz dat youz is brutally cunnin- or cunninly brutal- rather n' book smart. Soes havin your intellectuals 's a secondary, and youz socials as a tertiary, is wot makes ze most sense, y' hear?

Don't need too much intelect, but dah other two intellectual statisticalz iz real important for a fightah! Youz don't need to be pretty- but you do need to be cunninly brutal!

Sos yous sayin I need to be brutaly cunning? I might already bes on the way to it. Da Weirdboyz can be da brainie ones aswell.

Also, you do need to consider something more than just race and class:

Your exaltation. What do you have in mind exaltation wise? *Personally, I'm partial to Demiurges, but that wouldn't work too well with this...*

I think that's a solid choice. A good reason to invest in part of the character that sometimes gets overlooked, and a lot of added stamina.

A'right.

Chosen of who..? Khorne is most fitting, but your local Thri-Keen sky pirate is sorta, uh..

Has made an enemy of Khorne's entire local church, so..

So this game will let me play Dark Eldar Eldarin Tzeentch worshipping Eldrad, who can Push everything while being completely immune to Perils? He would be such a dick. Proper Eldarin Tzeentch worshipping Eldrad works, too, of course. Creed wouldn't know what hit him. Except, ah, fuck, Creed is probably a Solar, now, or at least a Paragon.

Or some kind of nightmarish walking Talos-Wraithguard hybrid. An homage to the Lady of Pain by some lovestruck haemonculus. The Lady hates worship so now my creator is dead and I have to hide from the God-Empress of the Void while avoiding the urge to make a bloody mess everywhere I go lest word get back to Her Terribleness that her annoying love letter is off murdering people again.

@SephirothSage what in the sweet merciful glow of the emporer is this?

I'm not sure if I should be frightened or ellated that something /tg/ made is being played here... got room?

...two words I didn't expect to be combined together to be honest. Regardless I'm rereading the god send that is this rulebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back