Dragons in the West

Oh, right, @Sherwood Palaya is a two dot Ally, so technically I shouldn't be controlling her and what she does is up to you. I was writing her dialogue just to get a feel for her character. You can have her do whatever you please whenever.

Greetings, I would like to join but I fear that this might not be accepting and that the plot has progressed at a level that will make it difficult for a newcomer to join in.

@ Random Word: The best I could have done with AEES is try and bolt the archer before he got a shot off.

I'm assuming since I rolled just as high on my initiative as Juriah, I'm also going on tick 0?

Did I miss it? I'm sorry; yes, if you have the same roll, you will go on Tick 0. Let me edit my post.

Glorious Birthright Font adds 1+Breeding Damage dice to any attack enhanced or created by an Elemental tag charm. Sherwood has ruled that Legendary Breeding counts as a 6 for the purpose of calculations like that. Elemental Bolt Attack gets 2 Lethal dice of damage for every mote spent to a maximum of stamina motes. That totals to 17 Lethal Damage Dice, which is doubled by the Elemental Lens.

That is the pillar of pure awesome I've been wanting to build a DB around ever since I bought A Thousand Upright Actions.

Not true... Among other things, my aim is still shit, that is a pay per shot quantity, I can't yet effectively flurry them, and I don't have the awareness to spot a mortal who specialized in stealth, let alone an exalt... oh, and the attack can still be soaked by any reasonable Celestial tier soak build.

If you want to see terrifying, then everyone needs to buy elemental bolt and let me be the focus to a combo attack. I promise, we'll take down navies. (> :) )

Also, can I get some feed back on the stunt rating, for recovery purposes?

No, I missed it. Let me take another look and I'll adjust my combat list.

I had your attack go off on Tick 4. You are not sure if you hit the archer or not, but you think you did.

Mechanically I suppose Juriah is performing a fairly ineffectual Defend Other action on Xandra. Without a sword, and having already alerted all present to the danger, there's little he can do. He'll wait for his artefacts to arrive and work to ensure nothing can strike or approach Xandra. He's better suited to coordinating than unarmed fighting. If it's relevant or useful, you can suggest a dice pool for organizing efforts to prevent the assassins from escaping, or hunting them down when they have.

Remember, a prop, any prop, will let you parry lethal. Pick up a chair, or a table, or the arrow, whatever's appropriate.

Oh, of course. I'm so used to being able to do that through one thing or another I completely forgot I can't right now. I'll stunt it into the parry if it comes up. Thanks.

In the hands of an Exalt, a fire poker is as deadly as a masterworked sword and a delicate silver filigree tray more potent than a tower shield.

Captain Hesperus

lol it happens sometimes. The alert system is a needy little puppy, if you don't respond to the alert flags in the top corner when they come up, even if you are in the same thread, the system thinks you are no longer wanting alerts for that thread.

Captain Hesperus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back