Dragons in the West

If Flaws are in @Sherwood, can I take:

Obligation (Life Debt) 4 pts - Deliberative Senator Mnemon Karauva picked up the pieces of Juriah from the rural manor where he wallowed in depression for a year and, seeing his natural talent for investigation, his malleability, and his uniquely vulnerable position, took it upon herself to shape him into a tool of use to her career and the House. He owes her his life, figuratively if not literally - though he suspects he may have taken his own had something not changed as dramatically as it did.

Intolerance (Criminals) 3 pts - Juriah has always harboured a deep enmity for rulebreakers of all kinds, and over time has come to channel this into a socially acceptable outlet.

Code of Honour (Can only lie to or betray Enemies) 3 pts - He has always held himself to a higher standard than those around him, and believes his firm moral grounding forms the solid bedrock from which he will rebuild his reputation.

Since I was not clear on that for the new members, I will go ahead and give you the ok for that.

I wonder if I might change up my character a little. I think I want to have secretly been a solar all along. ( :P )

Sadly, this is a Dragon Blooded game. Solars are the Bad Guys here.

Also, I had a number of merits and flaws originally for my character, but they were on an old sheet. I'll look them up and see if I can't run them by you later

Captain Hesperus

Absolutely not. I put my foot down in the most strenuous manner possible. If I were to see any merits or flaws from you, I would be a towering volcano of rage burning with the white hot intensity of ten thousand exploding suns.

On second thought, that sounds like a lot of work. Go ahead. (^.^)

Towering volcano erupting suns out of it... Did we move to Malfeas without me noticing?

Don't judge me. I may direct my boundless rage towards you, and that is something that you don't want to have happen. ( ;) )

Honestly... I might. No offense, but having a ST whose pissed at you, but with enough restraint to say within the rules of the game can be hella fun to play with.

Also, if anyone has suggestions about more rumors about Tepet Prospero, go ahead and let me know.

Post shall be up in 10 minutes, promise.

Also, apparently Zanaiya couldn't perceive a Solar with full banner flare going on with her rolls.

@ Captain Hesperus: It made sense not to have Air Dragon Sight up, as it would have meant you'd have a rune floating above your head, displaying your rude charm usingness.

Sorry I haven't posted yet; been busy. But Vinom is right about the holographic rune above your head if you use a Charm. Any activation of a known or even a custom Charm will show some kind of icon indicating that you are using Essence in some way.

So I take it my attempt at being a human shield was unsuccessful? #FailBodyguardIsFail

Captain Hesperus

P.S. Maybe having an active Charm would have been a little gauche, but considering the previous threat against Xandra's life and the fact that the Charm would have been an inoffensive passive Charm that enhances perceptive abilities being used by an ostensibly 'good and honest' character (see CS for Reputation Background), I think most folks would have forgiven him. Also, he's chaperoning so being able to spot and curtail any 'hanky panky' between bride and bridegroom would be most respectable.

I was thinking that the sudden feel of a second assassin distracted you while Tomiko tried a Defend Other action.

Still, Zanaiya is going to have stern words for Brother Lù Zhèng. :(

Captain Hesperus

Don't forget, you are (apparently) the only one to know of the second attacker hiding in the shadows heading for the King.

I did give AEES to someone near the King. I don't know if vinom was close enough I might have chosen him, but if not at least someone ought to have an idea there's a second assassin.

And if a Dynastic DB can save the king, that might sway the opinions of some of those nay-sayers.

Captain Hesperus

I'll leave at Sherwood's discretion, and I don't know if it was clear in my post, but basically Zanaiya was on her way from the bridal party and honor guard to go out socializing when the Fire Nation attacked yell of assassin went up, so there would be a couple characters closeish.

Although, I am trying to get a feel for where everyone is relative to everyone else in this room, so grain of salt.

@DreamingofRoses welcome to Exalted, where you can build your own personal scenery during a scene. If you wish, you could have been en route to present yourself to the king, stopped by some other Exalts to try a canapé or even bringing drinks over to Xandra and Rupert.

Captain Hesperus

P.S. Also was not aware you could stunt JB rolls...

Captain Hesperus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back