• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Carmen sighed quietly, getting herself some food before going back to the room and staying there until they were allowing Eddie to leave the following morning, helping him to the car and driving him the five hours home in relative quiet as he slept most of the way.

He frowned and shook his head. “No. No she can’t come up here.” He muttered. “They can’t see her. They can’t… no one can see her.” He told her quickly, chewing on his nails.

Eddie groaned softly as he finally woke up after his last 30 minute cat nap. He noticed the familiar landscape of Hawkins and sighed softly "Home sweet home yeah?"

Max frowned and gave a quick nod "Okay, okay I promise I won't bring her. Just try and stay calm okay? You're not doing yourself or our family any favors if you start to freak out in there okay? I know its difficult, but both our babies need their Daddy back the way he left okay?" She said as gently as she could to him.

He frowned and just sat there trying to calm down. “They’re saying I have to go… tell her I love her and you too. And little one.” He mumbled.

She nodded and smiled, reaching over and giving his thigh a squeeze. “When we get back I’m gonna shower then take Lucas out.” She told him quietly. “He needs some mom time.” She told him.

Max gave a heavy sigh but smiled "I will baby I promise. I love you." she said softly before hanging up and going over to Lilah. She pulled her daughter into a big tight hug and kissed all over her face "That is from your Daddy. He says he loves you soooo much."

Eddie gave a small smile and nodded some "Alright that sounds fine. I get you all to myself tonight though okay? Cuddles, TV, foot rubs or full body massage. The works for you." he murmured to her giving a big smile.

Lilah squealed a little but then frowned and looked up at her upset. “Wait! I wanna talk to daddy!” She told her frowning and starting to cry.

She sighed and shook her head. “No Ed… once the kids are in bed fine but they need attention as well.” She mumbled, driving through to get to her place, chewing on her lip as she noticed how much she’d let the place get run down lately compared to others in the neighbourhood. “And apparently so does the house.” She mumbled, pulling into the drive.

Max frowned gently and sighed heavily "I know baby, but he had to be quick today. I'll see if you can talk to him tomorrow okay?" she promised before getting her calmed down. It worried her to let Lilah talk with Clay, but at the same time she felt they both needed it. She was also hopeful that him hearing his daughter's voice would help him stay grounded.

Eddie looked over the house as they pulled up and gave a small nod "Tell me what you want done, I'll have it handled." he said seriously to her before kissing her hand gently "Also, I do know the kids need our attention. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, but I did mean after they were in bed." he told her gently giving a small smile

She shook her head and smiled a little. “It’s alright. I want everyone settled. Then we can work on the house… I was thinking maybe once the kids are all off to college or out of school, maybe we could move out to your place in Malibu.” She suggested, getting out the car with him

He didn’t end up calling the next day or the one after that or at all for three weeks until Jack came round with a letter for her, just dropping it off with her and sighing. “His lawyer should come by later with some stuff for you.” He told her quietly and left.

Eddie smiled some and gave a small nod "Yeah I think that sounds like a nice idea." He murmured as he got out with her. He walked in and gave a heavy sigh seeing Lucas sat in the living room looking pissed off at them.

Max was beyond worried by this point. Absolutely no contact, and Jack not being much help either was starting to scare her. When Jack brought the letter she felt a small weight lift off of her "Thank you." She said softly before going back inside and opening it quickly to read it over.

Carmen frowned and went to put her bag and shoes down in the hallway, “what’s wrong?” She asked Lucas, getting a little tired of the attitude from him just needing a break from everyone needing her attention every minute of every day.

It was simply a letter from him stating that he missed her and he would call as soon as he could but there was someone in there monitoring his every move and he didn’t want to draw attention to her or lilah right now.

Lucas frowned deeply at Eddie and shook his head some "You should have left him at the hospital." He muttered before he got up and went to his room without another word.

Max frowned deeply at the letter shaking her head some. She hoped the lawyer would have some kind of good news for her, because she knew if he stayed for too long she'd loose him completely.

She sighed heavily and went up to let the girls and Jack know they were home then went to see Lucas. “Right. This is the last time I’m gonna say this. Your father doesn’t deserve the amount of attitude coming from you lately. I understand it’s been a shit year. It’s been the shittiest year. But your dad loves you and your siblings and what happens between him and I is our choice. I told you after Tilly’s funeral that I needed you to make an effort and that just hasn’t happened Lucas. So either it starts now or you start losing privileges.” She told him seriously.

Lilah had been playing in the living room but rushed into the kitchen, reaching for her mom. “Mommy I thirsty.” She told her. “Juice please.”

Lucas frowned deeply as he listened to his mom shaking his head some. "How am I supposed to give him any respect when he continues to stress you out and make you upset?!" He spat at her "He doesn't do anything for us but cause problems!"

Max smiled softly and gave a nod "Sure baby." She said making a glass of juice for her "You ready to start first grade in a few months?" She asked softly thankful that she was on summer break for the time being.

Carmen frowned and shook her head. “You think your father chooses to be an addict?! You think he chose to have an awful time as a kid and still have lasting problems from it?! That I chose that same problem?! Your father is the one putting food on the table. He has paid for all the stuff you own. And he loves you. Every time you push him away you hurt him more Lucas. I’m not having you treat him like dirt anymore. It stops now.” She warned him, leaving the room and going downstairs to get her keys, leaving the house for sone time to herself.

She frowned and shook her head. “I don’t wanna go school mommy. I stay home with you all day.” She told her pouting. “Cause what if daddy come home but I not here? He gonna be really sad.”

Eddie gave a heavy sigh as he heard Carmen yelling. He was going to say something but stopped when she grabbed her keys just letting her go to clear her head. He smiled softly as Grace came out and sat with him cuddling up close "Hey there princess, you doing alright?"

Max gave a small laugh but nodded some "I know baby, but it'll be okay. He'll see you and be so happy, and if you're in school, he won't be upset."

She shrugged a little, curling up to him and frowning "Daddy... Even if Lucas isn't happy that you and Mommy are together.... Me and Maya are." She told him sounding a little worried there for a moment.

-10 years-
Carmen had just got in from work, checking the mail and setting it down again, moving to go check on the dog and Jack up in his room. He had never truly gotten back to himself after everything happened and while he was doing well at his job and he seemed happier now, she still worried about him and the fact he still hadn't moved out. She brushed past a photo of Lucas at his graduation and gently touched it like she did daily. That had been the last week they had heard anything from him. He'd left without so much as a goodbye and for almost five years now they'd not heard a word from him. Carmen was following his career closely though. Successful musician just like his Dad though Lucas' band was much heavier in their sound. The girls would be getting home from school soon and a few of the letters were for them, both applying for colleges. When it came to her and Eddie they were doing better than ever, Eddie back in the studio working on a solo album after a five year break from music and she was grateful every day they had chosen to give it another go.

She pouted but nodded and eventually let go of her, going to sit at the table with her juice until there was a knock at the door and she poked her head out to see a strange man stood there with a briefcase and talking to her mom quietly. He looked very serious and it was only a couple minutes later that she was being ushered out of the kitchen and told to go to her room, listening to her mom for once and went to plau with her toys

Eddie was finishing up at the studio giving a small smile as his phone flashed showing his lockscreen of Carmen. He was the happiest he had ever been and he owed it to her. After his last OD he did as promised and went to rehab, he was going on 10 years sober now thankfully. His relationship with the kids had also improved as well, aside from Lucas, who still wanted nothing to do with him. He grabbed his things calling it quits for the day when he saw that the message on his phone was Carmen letting him know she had made it home.

Max heard the door and went to answer it. She recognized the man as Clay's lawyer and quickly let him in while sending Lilah off the play. She sat with him at their little breakfast area and bit her lip some "So, whats it looking like?" She asked softly

She had gone upstairs to get changed, heading back down and went to get herself a drink, sitting in the lounge and popping the TV on to fill the quiet for a little bit, eventually hearing the girls getting home, "Hey, you guys got some college letters each I think." She told them as they got into the house. She knew Maya was only applying for the sake of it, still not sure what she wanted but Grace had proven to be much more intelligent than her siblings and even both Eddie and Carmen. "Your Dad should be home in an hour or so as well." She told them, watching them both walk into the lounge with their letters.

He sighed a little and pulled out the paperwork "First appeal was rejected. They don't like that he was going to make a deal and pulled out of that at the last minute." He explained "But I'm concerned about him. Each time I go to see him he seems more and more on edge. If he can continue to not be involved with any hassle then we have a better chance and getting an appeal accepted in court but if he continues down this road of being paranoid and falls in with the wrong inmates then he's going to find that the appeal gets rejected. Again." He warned her

Grace came into the room taking a shaky breath as she looked over the letter from her dream school "Mom....Mom I got in.." she whispered as she sat down breaking into happy tears as she kept reading it over and over again. She had worked her ass off to try and get into this school and now here her oppurtunity was.

Max took a shaky breath and gave a small nod "Can I see him? I've tried calming him over the phone but nothing seems to be working. He needs protection in there, if he had some kind of protection he might be okay." She murmured

She almost spat out her drink and sat up more. “Columbia?! You got in?!” She asked excitedly, jumping up and looking at the letter. “Oh Grace baby girl. Oh honey I’m so proud of you!” She told her happily, turning to Maya when she said she’d been accepted into the beauty school she’d applied to and wanted to go to. “You never told me you wanted to do that… oh Maya sweetheart I’m so excited for you as well.” She told her smiling, hugging them both tightly.

He sighed a little. “If I can set up a private visitation. If not then he’s made it very clear he wants no visitors besides me and Charlie.” He told her. “Won’t even see Jack.”

Eddie walked in to see them all hugging and tears in their eyes "Hey everything okay?!" He asked worriedly as he made his way over to his girls.

Max took a deep breath and nodded "Alright....can I give you a letter for him?" She asked him hopeful maybe she could get through to him if she wrote him and maybe had Lilah do a small drawing on it.

He nodded. “Absolutely you can. That would be good for him I think.” He told her.

Carmen smiled and shook her head. “We’re all good. Here, you tell him girls I’m gonna go get Jack out of his room.” She told them,

Grace smiled wide and looked over at her dad, almost a spitting image of him and the one who looked most like him except Lucas. “I got into Columbia.” She told him, handing him the acceptance letter.

Max nodded some and gave a small smile "Thank you, I'll be in touch soon to give it to you." She said before leading him to the door and saying another goodbye.

Eddie smiled widely at her and then even wider when Maya said she had been excepted into her beauty school. He engulfed them both in giant hugs and laughed happily "This is amazing news!! I am so beyond proud of you both!"

Carmen had gone to take the trash out, smiling when she felt arms sneak around her waist, leaning back into the familiar hold. “They’re not babies anymore Ed.” She smiled a little, turning to face him and kissed his cheek. “Did you see the article I sent you? Lucas did an interview for Rolling Stone.” She told him quietly. “I’m gonna send him an email, let him know about the girls…. Can we afford Columbia?” She asked him a little concerned. They still kept their finances separate after all these years and she knew he made bank. The cars in the drive were proof enough but she worried about the state of his savings.

He nodded to her and headed out. Lilah was sat in her parents bedroom with her favourite teddy from her father and already haphazardly in her pjs, looking up at her mom “mommy… can I stay in your room tonight?@ she asked her

Eddie smiled some as he held her close and chuckled at her question "I've had savings accounts for each kid since the twins were born. Can't touch 'em until the kids were 17. I got the money for them both." He said softly kissing the side of her head. He gave a small frown at the mention of Lucas and nodded slightly "I did see it....I just...I wish he'd talk to us more. I feel like it's all my fault we lost him." He said quietly

Max looked up at Lilah as she came into her room and smiled softly "Yeah baby, you can stay with me tonight." She murmured before sitting on the bed with her "Would you want to give Daddy a drawing of yours? I think it would make him feel better."

She frowned a little and shook her head. “Ed you put the effort in. He didn’t. I know he reads my emails at least. Doesn’t respond but he reads them.” She told him, pecking his cheek and just standing with him for a little while, resting her forehead against his shoulder. “I love you. Why don’t we take them out for dinner to celebrate?”

She nodded and giggled. “I do lots tomorrow.” She told her happily, snuggling in close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back